Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advice please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I've started seeing someone. She's a single mother who lives in my village. I've known her years, in fact about 10 years ago we used to sleep with each other.

So after all these years I spot her on tinder, I send her a message on Facebook about it, we got talking and the next day we go on a date.

We had a couple drinks and great laugh, at the end of the night we go back to hers. Her kids were in the house so we sat in the back yard. He had a couple more drinks, a few more kisses and then she said she was calling it a night because shes got to get up for the kids.

Couple of days later she invites me to her house to watch a film. We watch it then she tells me again she's calling it a night. So I leave.

Another couple of days later I'm back at hers and the same thing happens again.

We're always spooning and kissing while on the sofa but that's it, it's never gone further.

I'm probably missing some other details out here so feel free to ask any questions.

I know she hasn't been with anyone for a while so I was wondering if I was just being used for company? Is she wanting to take this slow? Is it simply that the kids are in the house (asleep, upstairs, opposite side of the house)?

And when the hell did "do you fancy watching a film" stop meaning sex?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Taking it slow for her kids I guess

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So I've started seeing someone. She's a single mother who lives in my village. I've known her years, in fact about 10 years ago we used to sleep with each other.

So after all these years I spot her on tinder, I send her a message on Facebook about it, we got talking and the next day we go on a date.

We had a couple drinks and great laugh, at the end of the night we go back to hers. Her kids were in the house so we sat in the back yard. He had a couple more drinks, a few more kisses and then she said she was calling it a night because shes got to get up for the kids.

Couple of days later she invites me to her house to watch a film. We watch it then she tells me again she's calling it a night. So I leave.

We're always spooning and kissing while on the sofa but that's it, it's never gone further.

I'm probably missing some other details out here so feel free to ask any questions.

I know she hasn't been with anyone for a while so I was wondering if I was just being used for company? Is she wanting to take this slow? Is it simply that the kids are in the house (asleep, upstairs, opposite side of the house)?

And when the hell did "do you fancy watching a film" stop meaning sex?"

Here's a crazy suggestion.

Ask her?

over a year ago

"So I've started seeing someone. She's a single mother who lives in my village. I've known her years, in fact about 10 years ago we used to sleep with each other.

Ask her?"

And talk about my feelings? Are you crazy?

over a year ago

We'll be guessing. Get the answer from the source. If you can't communicate this early on then any romance is surely doomed

over a year ago

Ask her?

And talk about my feelings? Are you crazy?"

Crazy?

Most likely but I'm not a fecking psychic.

over a year ago

Ask her?

Crazy?

Most likely but I'm not a fecking psychic."

I know. That's why I asked for advice. Not a crystal ball

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

so you are seeing her..maybe?? interested in taking it further..maybe? and asking for advice about a new bio on another thread..

whats the story?

does she know you are on here?

do you want a relationship with this woman or do you want to shag her and/ or bring her to fab? anyone else confused by this?

over a year ago

Ask her?

Crazy?

I know. That's why I asked for advice. Not a crystal ball "

advice is to speak to her

simple

answer

and you are welcome

over a year ago

"Being used for company?"

So you want to use her for sex? What is wrong with a nice evening? Would you rather not have had that?

over a year ago

Erm her kids are in the house, that may be your answer. You're lucky to even go in with the kids there, when/if I start dating I know I won't be having a man at my house when my kids are there, not until I feel that maybe they are going to stick around a while.

over a year ago

Go for it. You will either fuck or be told to fuck off. It's the story of human sexual relationships.

Fuck

Or

Fuck off.

Simples

over a year ago

"so you are seeing her..maybe?? interested in taking it further..maybe? and asking for advice about a new bio on another thread..

whats the story?

do you want a relationship with this woman or do you want to shag her and/ or bring her to fab? anyone else confused by this?"

The bio is just a for a laugh. If I was serious about meeting. I wouldn't get advice off tina titz about what to write (did you see the suggestion? )

I'd like a relationship with her, yea but can't just can't figure out where I stand and don't want to ask and scare her off.

I've been in a relationships for the past 10 years and this single business is very new to me

over a year ago

Ask her?

Crazy?

simple

answer

and you are welcome "

Thank you

over a year ago

"Erm her kids are in the house, that may be your answer. You're lucky to even go in with the kids there, when/if I start dating I know I won't be having a man at my house when my kids are there, not until I feel that maybe they are going to stick around a while. "

I haven't met them and they haven't seen me. Always wait till they're in bed asleep before I call round

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"so you are seeing her..maybe?? interested in taking it further..maybe? and asking for advice about a new bio on another thread..

whats the story?

do you want a relationship with this woman or do you want to shag her and/ or bring her to fab? anyone else confused by this?

The bio is just a for a laugh. If I was serious about meeting. I wouldn't get advice off tina titz about what to write (did you see the suggestion? )

I'd like a relationship with her, yea but can't just can't figure out where I stand and don't want to ask and scare her off.

I've been in a relationships for the past 10 years and this single business is very new to me"

maybe shes waiting for you to tell her what you want... ever thought she might be worried about asking you?

over a year ago

If you really like her then take it slow and don't forget the kids are in the house so she might not feel comfortable with them being in the house, suggest a night out when the kids aren't there

over a year ago

"Erm her kids are in the house, that may be your answer. You're lucky to even go in with the kids there, when/if I start dating I know I won't be having a man at my house when my kids are there, not until I feel that maybe they are going to stick around a while.

I haven't met them and they haven't seen me. Always wait till they're in bed asleep before I call round"

Yes, but if you start having sex there's the possibility that they could walk in.

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

You know her so is she noisy? You never know in the Intervening years perhaps she's been shat on or had the kids walk in..

Ask yourself what would you be doing if you weren't there? If your a lucky lad & it would have been shagging elsewhere, great maybe go do that. If you'd be at home watching the same shit on your own stop bloody complaining

S

over a year ago

Sounds like it's because of the kids. Seems like something you just have to accept if you're getting involved with a single parent.

over a year ago

Maybe she wants to take things slow and build a relationship before she jumps into bed with you.

Maybe she doesnt want to have fun when the kids are in the house.

Maybe she likes your company.

Maybe she doesnt want to be used for sex.

Maybe she is waiting for you initiate something.

Maybe you should just talk to her.

over a year ago

"Erm her kids are in the house, that may be your answer. You're lucky to even go in with the kids there, when/if I start dating I know I won't be having a man at my house when my kids are there, not until I feel that maybe they are going to stick around a while.

I haven't met them and they haven't seen me. Always wait till they're in bed asleep before I call round

Yes, but if you start having sex there's the possibility that they could walk in. "

That's very true

over a year ago

Ask her?

Crazy?

simple

answer

and you are welcome

Thank you "

To be fair mate.. that is good advice.

over a year ago

"You know her so is she noisy? You never know in the Intervening years perhaps she's been shat on or had the kids walk in..

Ask yourself what would you be doing if you weren't there? If your a lucky lad & it would have been shagging elsewhere, great maybe go do that. If you'd be at home watching the same shit on your own stop bloody complaining

S"

This...I like this. Thanks

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"Maybe she wants to take things slow and build a relationship before she jumps into bed with you.

Maybe she doesnt want to have fun when the kids are in the house.

Maybe she likes your company.

Maybe she doesnt want to be used for sex.

Maybe she is waiting for you initiate something.

Maybe you should just talk to her."

over a year ago

It's not uncommon for people to want to take it slowly. Particularly if there're kids if she's been single a while. If you're serious about wanting to be in a relationship with her then go at her pace but as others have suggested, talk about it.

By *oderndaylivesCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Sounds like she wants something more serious than just wham bham, or maybe she's on her period Have a think about what you want out of the relationship and then talk about it. Good luck. Sounds nice.

over a year ago

whats the story?

do you want a relationship with this woman or do you want to shag her and/ or bring her to fab? anyone else confused by this?"

Very much and does/did "do you want to watch a movie" is a euphemism for sex?

over a year ago

whats the story?

Very much and does/did "do you want to watch a movie" is a euphemism for sex?"

It used to when I was a teenager. Maybe it's a doncaster thing

over a year ago

You want to fuck her.

She wants to date you.

Two very different things.

over a year ago

Ask her?

And talk about my feelings? Are you crazy?"

I know that reply was probably intended to be flippant but trying to second guess her feelings while hiding yours is never goin to work out well

over a year ago

Then there's the other option - -

Tell her you have something to show her, nip down to the shed or wherever and then say "aye up lass, as tha seen mi elephant impression?" Lob ya knob out pull ya pocket flaps out and TADAA!

I am of course taking the micky... as most above have said, just talk to her and ask where things are going..

over a year ago

We're going out tomorrow night. I'll talk to her then. Thanks everyone

over a year ago

"We're going out tomorrow night. I'll talk to her then. Thanks everyone "

Good luck and all the best.

over a year ago

Let's say you had sex the second time you went to hers,a couple of weeks later you decide it's not for you and move on,what have you lost?

She meets another dude,who wants sex on the second date,same thing happens.

This happens 8-10 times a year every year; what have these men lost?

5 years later she meets a lovely man and it's all going well until he asks her how many men she's had sex with since splitting up with the father of her child. She tells the truth and he's off like a dog with its tail on fire.

She may just be waiting to see if you're just looking for someone to have sex with until someone better comes along. Not all women fuck on a first date.

Post new Message to Thread