Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Some f******

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Has been into my house and stolen my itv1 and itv+1 while ive been away. They where there when i went. Ive done a channel search and they have completely dissappeared.

We had swap over to digital a few weeks ago and they where fine after reset the channels and now they have gone.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I blame that Digit Al...

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Surprises me! Theres very little crime in your area, in fact the police station closes at eight.lol

over a year ago

"Surprises me! Theres very little crime in your area, in fact the police station closes at eight.lol "

You dont have to be sarcastic just because i live in a nice area. This was obviously a lighthearted post if you want to carry on being sarcastic go ahead

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I know where it is!

Its with that bit of the mouse you lost a couple of weeks ago

over a year ago

"I know where it is!

Its with that bit of the mouse you lost a couple of weeks ago "

lol and i still havent found that either lol

over a year ago

Join the club! can't get bbc1 or 2 now unless go back to old set & indoor arial (sp?), blooming flat screen thing with built in freeview says got every channel under the sun but when you go to almost all of them, "no signal"

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

[Removed by poster at 19/04/11 18:22:30]

over a year ago

meant to add - our police station shuts at lunchtimes so they can eat without disturbing the junkies etc., but they spent £8million on a porpuse built staion about 3 years ago!

over a year ago

Im up the road in Peterborough and have all channels have you tried rebooting your set. I lost channels when they were replacing/updating the sky cards a couple of years ago maybe a technical glich with the swithch over

over a year ago

common prob now digital has switched over

is the aerial - especially the older loft type house aerials

they generally should work fine and feed the signal into the box that does its magic

but some just aint good enough - easier to get cheapy indoor type digital aerials now to replace the old co ax loft types and even some roof types are no quite enough

the bizarre thing now is - digital carries more info and data too - but rain storms - especially thunder - snow etc break and cause similar to the internet packet loss

you get that freeze and digitising on screen stutter

whereas analogue - you never totally lost the signal it fluttered and wavered but the waves kept going

so the old fashioned anal! was really fine

and theres wilder darker conspiracy type reasonings behind digital broadcasts but thats for an x file another time

over a year ago

so the old fashioned anal! was really fine

really? lol do tell lol,

I hate digi tv, every time a lorry or diesel car goes past I get a picture freezes and a screaming horrible squeel sound coming from set

over a year ago

Well the television and ariel are brand new had them at christmas. Digital switch over lost a couple of channels but after doing an automatic search they came back. Everything was fine when i went away. Only just went to put the television on for the first time abit ago and they had gone. Its an indoor ariel high up in a cupboard and was working perfectly. The channels i still have work perfectly. I just cant understand it

over a year ago

How long have you been away asyou need to retune twice once when we lost bbc 2 first then a week two weeks later when we lost bbc1 it maybe worth retuning

over a year ago

whats more scary is the C word cancer!

been a few tv shows on this but hmmm we dont really want to scare everyone so its all of course quite "safe"

the average home now is bursting with digital and ultrasonic

your plasma and lcd tvs pumping radiation - the pcs and routers with digital cables pumping megabytes of data down copper wire

your mobile phones filling the air with electronic waves - and that di di di di di di di interference with hi fis speakers and tv etc

your chargers plugged in and the heat they give off - your extension sockets with the surge protections throbbing with 240v power

your playstations x boxes and wiis filling the air with infa red motion sensing

totally immersed amongst electronic radio waves of varying degrees we are

yet you wouldnt want to live under an electricity pylon and next to a main sub station

over a year ago

"How long have you been away asyou need to retune twice once when we lost bbc 2 first then a week two weeks later when we lost bbc1 it maybe worth retuning"

Ive done it three times, will do it again later. Hopefully its just a short term gliche

over a year ago

"How long have you been away asyou need to retune twice once when we lost bbc 2 first then a week two weeks later when we lost bbc1 it maybe worth retuning

Ive done it three times, will do it again later. Hopefully its just a short term gliche"

my problems started on 20th April ( I blamed that on the fair ground outside my sitting room window lol ) but I lost 60 out of 74 channels, almost given up retuning as easier to get old arial & set top freeview box and plug in to flat screen

over a year ago

the odlest IT solutions are the best

unplug it and the aerial for 10 mins at most - replug rescan all channels initiate a new fresh install setup

if that works cool

if not - theres a UFO in your are blocking your channel cos its using it to fill your mind with mucky thoughts!!!!

over a year ago

lol will try the old uplug and reset on manufactures default.....but am sure that neither myself nor diamond have every had a mucky thought in our repective lives

over a year ago

An indoor aeriel usually isn't any good for a digital signal. Ok it will 'work' in a fashion but signal qualty will vary depending on local conditions and you will experience break up, or missing stations.

get a digital comaptible aeriel fitted outside the building and you'll find problem solved.

You may find that due to the poor signal to noise ratio of your indoor aeriel and the fact that thw eather id very good with lots of high pressure, certain parts of the band are being swamped by distant stations breaking through and killing your already weak digital signal.

This time of the year, in this type of weather, we can get 'Netherlands 3' almost as goos as BBC - Ok there is no sound because they use 5.5Mhz intercarrier and we use 6.0Mhz, but that is a fairly simple illustration of what can and does actually happen

over a year ago

In the trade we always used this anology.

'You wouldn't buy a Rolls royce and then run it on paraffin'

Likewise why pay a grand for a tv then not spend the extra 100 quid to buy a good aerial ..

over a year ago

thanks for the info, wished I could get Dutch tv lol, and thanks for spelling aeriel, tried every variation I could think of and none looked right - even resorted to dictionary and couldn't find it ( 'cause was looking in wrong place! )

over a year ago

I made a million one spelling mistakes just before lol

Even spelled aeriel wrong, it's aerial lol. Not sure what was happening, my keyboard seemed to have a mind of its own

By *oDownEasyMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Has been into my house and stolen my itv1 and itv+1 while ive been away."

Have you tried looking down the back of the sofa..thats where stuff you loose usually ends up!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I`m using Digiboxes through a conventional ariel. One Digibox failed and I bought a new one. Found out I no longer can get what was SKY3 or either of the Dave channels. Tried a search on more than one occasion but still no joy. Funny thing is, the Digibox downstairs can still get the missing channels through the same ariel!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

"I`m using Digiboxes through a conventional ariel. One Digibox failed and I bought a new one. Found out I no longer can get what was SKY3 or either of the Dave channels. Tried a search on more than one occasion but still no joy. Funny thing is, the Digibox downstairs can still get the missing channels through the same ariel! "

I say "conventional ariel" but it is digital compatible before anyone asks!

over a year ago

You find some brands of digiboxes are more tolerant of errors than others, thus some will resolve a perfectly good picture with a relatively high bit error rate, and likewise, some just won't.

I've seen it 101 times, 2 boxes feeding of a good qualty aerial system, excellent signal and one box will work fine, while the other would be stuttering and farting about .. they can be a pain in the arse.

Similarly some will not work if the signl is too strong, it overdrives them and causes the same type of problems that weak / poor quality signal would cause.

DECT phones can also cause problems if they are sat too close to the digibox - again it depends upon the type/quality or mood of the particular box

over a year ago

"I made a million one spelling mistakes just before lol

Even spelled aeriel wrong, it's aerial lol. Not sure what was happening, my keyboard seemed to have a mind of its own"

Think as another poster said earlier...too many conflicting signals floating about, how are we mere mortals able to cope with the electronic / electrical brain overload? lol

btw nothing I type looks right today, spelling included...and haven't even had a glass of wine!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

".....................

Even spelled aeriel wrong, it's aerial lol. ...................."

That must be what my problem is!!!!

Lets try it again ....... aeriel ....... aeriel ....... aeriel ......

No, still no good

over a year ago

Me neither, I've just come in from work but it looked like I was pissed - must be the sunshine.

But yes, there are a lot of stray signals buzzing around nowadays and at times they can cause problems, but so far as didital or satellite signals are concerned, as a good rule of thumb guide, if the aeriel/dish is aligned correctly with a good unobstructed line of sight and the downlead is made from good quality screened coax cable, usually that will make it bombproof, nothing will cause it any problems.

All to often I see clouds and rain blamed for poor signals - 99% of the time it is not the rain or cloud that caused the problem, it is poor installation techniques and sub standard cable which is being used. Yes the rain and cloud will spoil a signal, but only if the signal is crap to begin with - the rain will then attenuate the signal further to the point where equipment can no longer cope with the error level - that's when it starts to bang, crackle splutter and freeze.

over a year ago

".....................

Even spelled aeriel wrong, it's aerial lol. ....................

That must be what my problem is!!!!

Lets try it again ....... aeriel ....... aeriel ....... aeriel ......

antenna? lol

No, still no good "

over a year ago

"Me neither, I've just come in from work but it looked like I was pissed - must be the sunshine.

But yes, there are a lot of stray signals buzzing around nowadays and at times they can cause problems, but so far as didital or satellite signals are concerned, as a good rule of thumb guide, if the aeriel/dish is aligned correctly with a good unobstructed line of sight and the downlead is made from good quality screened coax cable, usually that will make it bombproof, nothing will cause it any problems.

All to often I see clouds and rain blamed for poor signals - 99% of the time it is not the rain or cloud that caused the problem, it is poor installation techniques and sub standard cable which is being used. Yes the rain and cloud will spoil a signal, but only if the signal is crap to begin with - the rain will then attenuate the signal further to the point where equipment can no longer cope with the error level - that's when it starts to bang, crackle splutter and freeze."

Am trying to get access to roof to put my "signal detecor" up, when I do I hope I can have settled viewing....

over a year ago

Antenna -- na to Americanised

Just say 'Log Periodic' instead - that'll definately get you a good signal.

over a year ago

detector even...beats trying to spell aeriel aerial

over a year ago

Alas I don't have a log periodic....wished I did lol

over a year ago

Right ive done it lots more times and still nothing.

But ive realized its all my itv stations that ive lost except itv3 and itv2+1.

I give up, good job i dont watch much television

over a year ago

oh and ive got a digital arial outside but cant use it upstairs

over a year ago

Why not ?

over a year ago

"Why not ?"

cause it would mean having wires all along the walls

over a year ago

how about having down corners and across skirting board?...or ran through roof / upstairs floor & down corner wall?....says he who can't get upon roof lol

over a year ago

"how about having down corners and across skirting board?...or ran through roof / upstairs floor & down corner wall?....says he who can't get upon roof lol"

Well when i get my bedroom done i will probley do that but thats not going to be until the end of the year

over a year ago

Aerial downlead into the roof space connected to a 2 way amplifier, first cable out of the loft under the soffits down to where your existing tv is (This cable would replace the cable which is already there, so still only one cable run to your downstairs tv.

The second output from the amplifier, again out of the loft under the soffits and into the room where you need it upstairs. So it would be only 1 extra cable which you could bring out of the loft anywhere you choose to get it into your upstairs by the shortest possible route.

Any good rigger could do that and you'd hardly even be able to see the cable and you'd also have the additional tv point of points upstairs all fed from the one aerial

over a year ago

and I will have moved before landlord lets me up on roof lol , think he believes I can't do anything...I like him to think that, but fooked him up on my water heater,,,,hasn't worked since I moved in except when heating on, he said was a new bit needed...I said ermm not being rude ya twat, but have ya checked the wiring? he laughed and said ermmm yeh think you may be right as I installed it.....he's a frigging electrician lol

over a year ago

Im still not convinced its the aerial though, got to wait until next thursday before jay can take a look

Post new Message to Thread