Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ebay V Charity bag

Jump to newest

By *o Peep n Woody OP   Couple
over a year ago

suffolk

After a spring clean I had several items of clothing that were too small but in excellent condition ....

I split up into bundles and put on ebay to make a few extra pennies, let's face it every little helps !

Today I had to parcel them all up, label them and take to the post office all for the sum of about £25.

A lot of effort involved for the equivalent of one new pair of shoes

Should I have been more charitable and

put them in a charity bag ???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orestersCouple
over a year ago

The Forest

If you didn't need the money, then maybe a charity shop would have been best............but, you recycled and made some cash for yourself. Buy some new bits from Oxfam and the circle is complete!

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

its not just the selling price that you made you have to take out of that the time, effort and costs of you parcelling up and sending the items.

Donating to a charity shop may have been the better option if you did not (as has been said need the money) you usually dont need to take the items to the shop, they will arrange collection, but if you do take them to teh shop you may see something you want to buy there, Charity wins both ways

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

I would as someone who has in the past worked for 3 national registered charities collecting bags

Please be aware there are a lot of scammers out there, and they will often not only put fake bags througfh your letter box, they will also pick up bags left out for teh genuine charities,

If you are in any doubt aboout who picked up a bag you have left out, please phone the police, (not 999 of course) it is considered theft and they do take action

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"After a spring clean I had several items of clothing that were too small but in excellent condition ....

I split up into bundles and put on ebay to make a few extra pennies, let's face it every little helps !

Today I had to parcel them all up, label them and take to the post office all for the sum of about £25.

A lot of effort involved for the equivalent of one new pair of shoes

Should I have been more charitable and

put them in a charity bag ??? "

Being in touch with feminine merchandise side of me....you got new shoes babe...result!...lol...xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I put mine in the recycle bin or take them to the charity shop. Or give them to someone who is doing a charity carboot sale. Easy way to get rid of all the stuff i dont need. To much faffing about for me on ebay. Although its far to easy to buy stuff off

Did get a little monsoon top and a debenhams skirt of ebay the other week for £8.50 inc p&p

over a year ago

suffolk

"I put mine in the recycle bin or take them to the charity shop. Or give them to someone who is doing a charity carboot sale. Easy way to get rid of all the stuff i dont need. To much faffing about for me on ebay. Although its far to easy to buy stuff off

Did get a little monsoon top and a debenhams skirt of ebay the other week for £8.50 inc p&p"

BARGAIN

over a year ago

suffolk

"I would as someone who has in the past worked for 3 national registered charities collecting bags

Please be aware there are a lot of scammers out there, and they will often not only put fake bags througfh your letter box, they will also pick up bags left out for teh genuine charities,

If you are in any doubt aboout who picked up a bag you have left out, please phone the police, (not 999 of course) it is considered theft and they do take action"

I tend to use the bags from the charities that actually mean something to me

over a year ago

Before I had my eyes lasered I used to change my glasses a lot to keep up with fashions. My optician operated a scheme to give all old specs to a visionaid charity and they would be given to benefit those in third world countries. I often have a giggle thinking about who got to wear my bizarre taste in frames!

I always give clothes I no longer wear to Red Cross or our local hospice shop. Red Cross like even the tattiest of old work t shirts etc because they rip them up into cloths and sell them to garages etc. So what looks beyond redemption has a use too.

over a year ago

I only ever sell stuff on ebay if its worth something

Ive got to be honest stuff like clothes id just throw away, to be its to much trouble to take stuff to a charity shop lol

Post new Message to Thread