FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The most annoying thing your parents ever did to you?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just curious, anyone on here have something your parents used to do, despite you explicitly telling them not to, which still makes your blood boil.

Or anything they still do?

For me it as when my parents would gossip to the rest of the family about when I was out of work, or feeling low, or in work but in work they thought I shouldn't stick in too long.

The feeling low thing used to and still causes a stupid amount of tension between us, call me overly sensitive, but if I'm going through stuff I don't want everyone to know and to bring it up when I see them.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just curious, anyone on here have something your parents used to do, despite you explicitly telling them not to, which still makes your blood boil.

For me it as when my parents would gossip to the rest of the family about when I was out of work, or feeling low, or in work but in work they thought I shouldn't stick in too long.

The feeling low thing used to and still causes a stupid amount of tension between us, call me overly sensitive, but if I'm going through stuff I don't want everyone to know and to bring it up when I see them."

That's Fam .

over a year ago

"Just curious, anyone on here have something your parents used to do, despite you explicitly telling them not to, which still makes your blood boil.

The feeling low thing used to and still causes a stupid amount of tension between us, call me overly sensitive, but if I'm going through stuff I don't want everyone to know and to bring it up when I see them.

That's Fam ."

I'm sure a lot of people think that, it just riles me how the parents of friends and other relatives my age understand that, "Don't talk about this 'topic' in regards to me" means exactly that.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

The feeling low thing used to and still causes a stupid amount of tension between us, call me overly sensitive, but if I'm going through stuff I don't want everyone to know and to bring it up when I see them."

talking to me about any family member, makes my blood boil, they try to get me to be 'involved' and dont listen to a polite i'm not really interested thanks...yeah and dont talk to them about me, or my kids...lived without them anywhere around for the last 24 years and i can do without any of them now..thanks..

over a year ago

My mum wouldn't let me have my ears pierced until i stopped sucking my thumb. What a bitch!!.....er.....that's It really. I have a lovely mum

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Draw breath. Can't stand the sight of them

over a year ago

She used to go out to work do's and I'd be her taxi. The late night pick up would consist of her spotting me and the car and shouting out "that's my baaaaaaabbbbyyyyy", leaning into the car and hugging me around the neck. I was 27 at the time and she still does it now. Vodka has a lot to answer for

over a year ago

My auld dear liked a wee practical joke at times....

Two that I remember were the plastic ice cube with a fly in it...I loved lots of ice cubes in my water as a kid n rember finishing the water with the glass tilted right up n staring at what I thought was a real fly in one of the ice cubes!

Also when I went to bed I'd quickly pull back the covers n dive under them,so she thought it would be a good idea to hide a joke rubber snake under the covers!

Oh how she laughed!

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Something they used to do.

I used to do a 10 mile time trial on the rainford bypass, I had to cycle out to the race, ride the race then ride back home, my parents used to drive out in the car, see me race, then drive back home.

over a year ago

That's Fam .

I'm sure a lot of people think that, it just riles me how the parents of friends and other relatives my age understand that, "Don't talk about this 'topic' in regards to me" means exactly that."

That's Fam

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

My mum had a habit of licking her finger and then cleaning/wiping my face.

I should probably point out, this was when I was a child, not recently.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I've always been made to feel that I'm a failure. Various things I didn't achieve.

Mum's gone and Dad still doesn't take anything I say seriously.

But I've got used to the idea. Miss Mum like crazy, love my Dad to death

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Ah, the discovery that your parents are human and can be a bit of a twat at times, I remember it well...

My personal favourite was when I was about to have an emergency ileostomy for ulcerative colitis at 22. My dad came with me to the toilet in the hospital and then broke down and wept because he "didn't know how I'd cope" and "he was worried about my mum".

Gee, thanks, dad. Now I have to look after you too. That's just great.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

That's Fam .

I'm sure a lot of people think that, it just riles me how the parents of friends and other relatives my age understand that, "Don't talk about this 'topic' in regards to me" means exactly that.

That's Fam "

i choose my family, has nothing at all to do with blood relations in my book..

over a year ago

I can't think of anything.

I wasn't even annoyed when my dad handed me a garden fork,showed me how to turn soil over properly and left me to dig over a 100ft by 30 ft garden.

over a year ago

I love my parents dearly and couldn't be angry at them for long, and I understand their reasons behind the decision. But I wasn't a fan of being sent away to boarding school at 9. Or having my choice of course at University being over ruled.

over a year ago

Never coming to any of my hundreds of football games even though I played on a pitch 2 mins away from the house on numerous occassions luckily my mates dad was a star and didn't mind taking me to all my games even the ones for a youth academy his son wasn't in.

over a year ago

my parents let me down on so many levels i cant even begin - i vowed to be nothing like them

over a year ago

To paraphrase Philip Larkin,,my parents really tucked me up.

They probably had failings (who doesn't?) but they fed,clothed and housed me,it's not the easiest of jobs.

I feel grateful that no one is asking my parents what really annoys them about me.

over a year ago

Spit on a hanky and rub my face grose

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

One thing i never understood. Every photo of me from walking age to about 11 I have no bottom half to my clothes. Everything stopped just below my bum. My mum made most of our clothes so its not as though they where bought and didnt fit so every photo for the first 11 years of my life is of my fat legs and they where fat

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

My parents are askholes.

They ask for advice and then totally ignore it.

That and hassling me to row back on several vows.

But as I point out to them, that's your life (god knows how my dad hasn't killed mum but "wotevs", as she would say...)... That's your life, this is mine. If you've learned anything about me over the last 37 years it's that the more you try to force me to do something the more I will resist...

Blah blah...

It's not been too bad tho'.

You know, I was off my trolley at Glastonbury on the Sunday morning and met up with my parents. We were in the Kid's Field watching my daughter on the climbing wall and my mum asked me if I'd had a good childhood?

And you have to remember that I was in a "vulnerable" position in which I was unable to lie. I stumbled and finally said, "No, not really. It was pretty miserable. But that wasn't your fault, or anyone's, it just was."

And there was a pause while what I'd said sunk in.

over a year ago

"I can't think of anything.

I wasn't even annoyed when my dad handed me a garden fork,showed me how to turn soil over properly and left me to dig over a 100ft by 30 ft garden. "

I would have loved that, it was my grandad who taught me everything I kow about gardening and self reliance when it comes to making food.

I have no idea with my dad having expected me to help or learn, my issue was when he told me to do something but had no patience to teach.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"My parents are askholes.

They ask for advice and then totally ignore it.

That and hassling me to row back on several vows.

But as I point out to them, that's your life (god knows how my dad hasn't killed mum but "wotevs", as she would say...)... That's your life, this is mine. If you've learned anything about me over the last 37 years it's that the more you try to force me to do something the more I will resist...

Blah blah...

It's not been too bad tho'.

You know, I was off my trolley at Glastonbury on the Sunday morning and met up with my parents. We were in the Kid's Field watching my daughter on the climbing wall and my mum asked me if I'd had a good childhood?

And you have to remember that I was in a "vulnerable" position in which I was unable to lie. I stumbled and finally said, "No, not really. It was pretty miserable. But that wasn't your fault, or anyone's, it just was."

And there was a pause while what I'd said sunk in.

"

Man, and people accuse me of being a miserable old bastard.....

over a year ago

No wonder your feeling low when your parents are blabbing all your personal stuff to every Tom dick n Harry......I don't know why people can't just concentrate on the positive things.....they are probably stuck in their ways and not going to change now so try and confide in a friend instead x

Post new Message to Thread