Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Too many ?????

Jump to newest

By *Brinksy xx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Halesowen

Is it just me, or does it wind anyone else up when a question is followed by a shit load of ????? Or a statement with !!!!!

Yes, I know I'm opening myself wide open to a load of posts with said ?!?!?! I'll try to be the bigger person and not judge you on it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Who cares?????????

over a year ago

What ????

over a year ago

I feel your pain.

One comma, full stop. Exclamation mark! Question mark? Is perfectly sufficient and grammatically correct.

over a year ago

We had a beautiful hot bisexual single female messaged us, to say she was in our area and was looking for a couple for a night of fun filled all round filthy fun, would you consider meeting me??????

omg no we said. not with all them question marks after your sentence.

over a year ago

Halesowen

"I feel your pain.

One comma, full stop. Exclamation mark! Question mark? Is perfectly sufficient and grammatically correct. "

Once again we are allies.

For example. I am attending the manchester social, the post is listed under the UK section, have a read and let me know if you see what I see. You can whatsapp me your reply

over a year ago

Halesowen

"We had a beautiful hot bisexual single female messaged us, to say she was in our area and was looking for a couple for a night of fun filled all round filthy fun, would you consider meeting me??????

omg no we said. not with all them question marks after your sentence. "

I'm pleased that it's not just me that thinks that overuse of it can say a lot about a person..

CAPS = I need attention

????= Answer me now because im full of self importance

!!!!! = it's me.. That important person again I've just said something that you need to notice

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive blocked people for sending messages with ??? and i still dont know what it means

over a year ago

"We had a beautiful hot bisexual single female messaged us, to say she was in our area and was looking for a couple for a night of fun filled all round filthy fun, would you consider meeting me??????

omg no we said. not with all them question marks after your sentence.

I'm pleased that it's not just me that thinks that overuse of it can say a lot about a person..

CAPS = I need attention

????= Answer me now because im full of self importance

!!!!! = it's me.. That important person again I've just said something that you need to notice "

I don't think they were being serious

over a year ago

I'd rather have a few ??? or !!! than lol, hehe or lmao in a message.

They really fucking wind me up

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Ive blocked people for sending messages with ??? and i still dont know what it means"

I think if they try to send an emoji that is on their phone instead of a Fab emoji it translates as ??

over a year ago

Halesowen

"I'd rather have a few ??? or !!! than lol, hehe or lmao in a message.

They really fucking wind me up "

Don't even get me started on 'lollers'!

I was going to start a one woman campaign to rid the world of 'lol'.. If someone actually laughs then it's passable. It's the habitual 'lol' that gets me. I've even noticed people have actually even started to say it!

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

I was going to start a one woman campaign to rid the world of 'lol'.. If someone actually laughs then it's passable. It's the habitual 'lol' that gets me. I've even noticed people have actually even started to say it! "

El oh 'ell

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Personally, anyone who uses more than 3 exclamation or question marks in a row probably has mental health issues.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

They really fucking wind me up "

Or mmmmmmm

Miss

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I was going to start a one woman campaign to rid the world of 'lol'.. If someone actually laughs then it's passable. It's the habitual 'lol' that gets me. I've even noticed people have actually even started to say it! "

Hiya Brinks

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I've only recently worked out that people sending me a message, that is NOT a question, but is followed by ?? are using phone emoticons

over a year ago

"Personally, anyone who uses more than 3 exclamation or question marks in a row probably has mental health issues.

"

I have ask My C.P.N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"I've only recently worked out that people sending me a message, that is NOT a question, but is followed by ?? are using phone emoticons "
this

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Personally, anyone who uses more than 3 exclamation or question marks in a row probably has mental health issues.

I have ask My C.P.N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ."

Exactly.

*goes off to quietly call people in white coats*

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

don't worry, i fully admit to being a serial "....." offender...

so would you like me hung or shot......

By *rewelad88Man
over a year ago

crewe

I completely agree, I think the only time it's acceptable is multiple full stops when being sarcastic.

over a year ago

And what about those that type looooooooooool.....serious stammer!

over a year ago

"I feel your pain.

One comma, full stop. Exclamation mark! Question mark? Is perfectly sufficient and grammatically correct.

Once again we are allies.

For example. I am attending the manchester social, the post is listed under the UK section, have a read and let me know if you see what I see. You can whatsapp me your reply "

I spotted that, it did come across as a little rude

over a year ago

I have ask My C.P.N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Exactly.

*goes off to quietly call people in white coats*"

Lols

over a year ago

Dnt c da problem but mayb thru ur i's it's difrent. "Twitch"

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I do 'say' Nooooo and sooooo.

Is that bad?

over a year ago

"Is it just me, or does it wind anyone else up when a question is followed by a shit load of ????? Or a statement with !!!!!

Yes, I know I'm opening myself wide open to a load of posts with said ?!?!?! I'll try to be the bigger person and not judge you on it

"

it is annoying but its better than a shedload of smileys and other emojis

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"I do 'say' Nooooo and sooooo.

Is that bad? "

Noooo

By *unnynbugsCouple
over a year ago

Neath

I say lol when I'm actually laughing and I agree on over punctuating a sentence. Really annoying

By *oderndaylivesCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

It does annoy me too, but noticed when I use the emojis on my phone they come out on my sent messages as ???? Which might explain a lot of it on here

over a year ago

Not exclusively, but there was one time I was asked "Can you take a strap on??????????"

Yes, ten of the fuckers (Question marks, not the silicone probes)

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I do 'say' Nooooo and sooooo.

Is that bad?

Noooo "

Oh good

over a year ago

Well we don't give a flying fuck how many or how few people use . Nor do we judge any grammatical errors .

In simple terms we are here to meet people we fancy , have fun and continue with our daily life afterwards .

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"Well we don't give a flying fuck how many or how few people use . Nor do we judge any grammatical errors .

In simple terms we are here to meet people we fancy , have fun and continue with our daily life afterwards .

"

xx

over a year ago

I was going to start a one woman campaign to rid the world of 'lol'.. If someone actually laughs then it's passable. It's the habitual 'lol' that gets me. I've even noticed people have actually even started to say it! "

Yep, there's a guy at work that says lol at the end of his sentences, he gets a slap every time grrrrrr

By *andgCouple
over a year ago

Dorset

"Well we don't give a flying fuck how many or how few people use . Nor do we judge any grammatical errors .

"

By *onny bigMan
over a year ago

london harrow

Oh shit the grammar police are out!!!!

Honestly if a drop dead gorgeous woman messaged me with the worst grammar in the world, i wouldn't give a flying fuck as long as she had a sensible head on her shoulders and could hold a decent conversation, who cares?

We're on a swinging site so we all know what the ultimate goal is, we're not here to write poetry or pass grammar tests.

How can people be so shallow?

Some people might not have perfect grammar, does that make them bad in bed?

Or am i missing something?

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"don't worry, i fully admit to being a serial "....." offender...

so would you like me hung or shot......"

You forgot, stoning!!!!!

over a year ago

Halesowen

"Oh shit the grammar police are out!!!!

Honestly if a drop dead gorgeous woman messaged me with the worst grammar in the world, i wouldn't give a flying fuck as long as she had a sensible head on her shoulders and could hold a decent conversation, who cares?

We're on a swinging site so we all know what the ultimate goal is, we're not here to write poetry or pass grammar tests.

Or am i missing something? "

What about if a not so absolutely drop dead gorgeous woman sent you the same message? ... Shallow? or preference?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/09/16 22:39:23]

over a year ago

What about if a not so absolutely drop dead gorgeous woman sent you the same message? ... Shallow? or preference?

"

Grammar police are out in full force - if I can't decipher a message through text speak or bad spelling then I'd lose interest.

Spark of interest in multiple ways opposed to just looks and I personally would rather keep it zipped up if that were the case.

Personal and moralistic point of interest regardless.

over a year ago

I'm sure if you send messages on here and use emojis from your phone keyboard, they come up as question marks. ?? = supposed to be a smiley face :/

over a year ago

Have to admit that I stop myself from adding extra ones..so instead I add these...

Her x

over a year ago

"Have to admit that I stop myself from adding extra ones..so instead I add these...

Her x"

I also...a lot...but then I also show utter disbelief by doing !!!!!

I give no fucks at all whether anyone likes them or not...if you don't want to meet me because I type too many exclamation marks then you're not someone I want to meet anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

I have ask My C.P.N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ."

Looks like a comb to me.

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

?

And this is a thumbs up from Captain Fkin Hook.

over a year ago

No....of all the things in life that can bother me that is certainly not one of them x

By *onny bigMan
over a year ago

london harrow

"

It wouldn't make a difference if she was drop dead gorgeous or not, i was just making a point.

I try to be polite and respectful to all regardless of their looks and i try to get to know someone before judge them.

People are judging/blocking people over a few full stops/question marks or whatever the reason and that doesn't seem fair to me, it's different than judging someone by their looks.

I'm sorry but that does seem shallow to me because we all have our preferences/types but deleting somebody or completely ruling them out for putting too many question marks in a sentence or their imperfections is just wrong but if you want to justify it then crack on!

But some people suffer from things like dyslexia etc so don't be so quick to judge someone based solely on their grammar, there's many forms of intelligence and many different ways for people to show it.

If you bothered to find out, of course!

over a year ago

Who knows????????

over a year ago

Halesowen

It wouldn't make a difference if she was drop dead gorgeous or not, i was just making a point.

I try to be polite and respectful to all regardless of their looks and i try to get to know someone before judge them.

People are judging/blocking people over a few full stops/question marks or whatever the reason and that doesn't seem fair to me, it's different than judging someone by their looks.

I'm sorry but that does seem shallow to me because we all have our preferences/types but deleting somebody or completely ruling them out for putting too many question marks in a sentence or their imperfections is just wrong but if you want to justify it then crack on!

But some people suffer from things like dyslexia etc so don't be so quick to judge someone based solely on their grammar, there's many forms of intelligence and many different ways for people to show it.

"

I don't recall saying that I blocked anyone, or did anything of the sort.. I said it winds me up. I see it a lot in forum posts and other social media.

I am fully aware of people with dyslexia and the like, and appreciate that not everyone has the best command of the English language, myself included. Maybe I have OCD with it.

The last bit of my original post was a bit tongue n cheek, I was merely expressing my dislike, the last time I checked the forums were full of people expressing their opinions.

It's not just people who overuse ???? and !!! that I form opinions of dislike towards either... just sayin

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"

It's much easier to forgive misdemeanours,if they're really hot.

If they're not so hot,it's not.

I can see where you're coming from with that shallow thing though.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I feel your pain.

One comma, full stop. Exclamation mark! Question mark? Is perfectly sufficient and grammatically correct. "

Ffs man, at least you need some sort of semi colon in there ;

over a year ago

"I feel your pain.

Ffs man, at least you need some sort of semi colon in there ; "

I prefer a clean full colon

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I feel your pain.

Ffs man, at least you need some sort of semi colon in there ;

I prefer a clean full colon "

Well we're not all as fussy as you

By *ason_silverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Personally I just love the way multiple full stops lets my sentence drift off into the misty wilderness never to be seen again........

over a year ago

"Personally I just love the way multiple full stops lets my sentence drift off into the misty wilderness never to be seen again........"

Wait, where did you go????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By *ason_silverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Personally I just love the way multiple full stops lets my sentence drift off into the misty wilderness never to be seen again........

Wait, where did you go????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

you may joke - but I had to reset my internet connection - spooky...

over a year ago

"Personally I just love the way multiple full stops lets my sentence drift off into the misty wilderness never to be seen again........

you may joke - but I had to reset my internet connection - spooky..."

Virgin?

By *ason_silverMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

you may joke - but I had to reset my internet connection - spooky...

Virgin?"

not any more

over a year ago

"Dnt c da problem but mayb thru ur i's it's difrent. "Twitch""

....and in English??????????????????

By *onny bigMan
over a year ago

london harrow

I don't recall saying that I blocked anyone, or did anything of the sort.. I said it winds me up. I see it a lot in forum posts and other social media.

I am fully aware of people with dyslexia and the like, and appreciate that not everyone has the best command of the English language, myself included. Maybe I have OCD with it.

The last bit of my original post was a bit tongue n cheek, I was merely expressing my dislike, the last time I checked the forums were full of people expressing their opinions.

It's not just people who overuse ???? and !!! that I form opinions of dislike towards either... just sayin "

Listen i don't want to argue with you brinksy as we all have our pet peeves and everyone is entitled to their opinion but it does clearly state on your profile if you've got bad grammar, jog on.

So you do discriminate and exclude people over it and of course that's your choice/preference but don't you think that's a little harsh?

I'm sorry if i do but ain't we all allowed to express how we feel about something like you said?

Anyway all the best, i was just trying to make you see things from a different point of view, hopefully you have? X

over a year ago

Halesowen

It's ok.. We aren't arguing... My profile actually says about txt speak, which is a whole different level of stupid altogether.

You are right though, it is a pet peeve and that's one of mine..

Have a great Monday!

Post new Message to Thread