Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fit and Healthy 2016 Part 4..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, how has everyone been getting on?

Are we actually fitter and healthier than we were to begin with?

I have had success although it has been slower than anticipated.

After Christmas I stated that I wanted to lose 2 stone by Easter. I didn't achieve that, but I did get there eventually.

I treated myself to some new jeans yesterday one size smaller, and I feel better and people around me have started to notice.

So- how is it going with all of you? xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Compared to January I'm doing great; compared to June I've gone way backwards. I always lose weight in the first half of the year and gain it in the second half. Back on it as of last week, trying to shift a couple of stone before Christmas so I'm tracking what I'm eating, starting jogging again and doing as much open water swimming as I can before the season finishes.

over a year ago

Nearly 2.5 stone down since March and feeling totally on fireeeeeee.

Loving weight training and have never been so strong as I am now

over a year ago

"Compared to January I'm doing great; compared to June I've gone way backwards. I always lose weight in the first half of the year and gain it in the second half. Back on it as of last week, trying to shift a couple of stone before Christmas so I'm tracking what I'm eating, starting jogging again and doing as much open water swimming as I can before the season finishes. "

I find it hard to sustain too- the second half of the second stone was lost through illness rather than healthy eating, but I have managed to sustain the loss.

Well done for getting back on it though xx

over a year ago

"Nearly 2.5 stone down since March and feeling totally on fireeeeeee.

Loving weight training and have never been so strong as I am now "

That's really great!

Did the gym help you with your programme?

over a year ago

I've complete lost all motivation. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and i hate it. I feel uncomfortable but still the motivation isn't there. I need to give my head a wobble. I don't know what's wrong with me

over a year ago

No good here, i seem to be injury prone

Must be getting old

over a year ago

Well im still going to Slimming World each week and writing everything down etc..

Ive had lots of gains amongst all the losses

Im only 2 stone down since January,, but thats still 2 stone i guess :D

over a year ago

"No good here, i seem to be injury prone

Must be getting old "

haha @ old... let me just get you a smoking jacket, a pipe and some slippers

over a year ago

"No good here, i seem to be injury prone

Must be getting old

haha @ old... let me just get you a smoking jacket, a pipe and some slippers "

Dont forget the paper

over a year ago

"Compared to January I'm doing great; compared to June I've gone way backwards. I always lose weight in the first half of the year and gain it in the second half. Back on it as of last week, trying to shift a couple of stone before Christmas so I'm tracking what I'm eating, starting jogging again and doing as much open water swimming as I can before the season finishes.

I find it hard to sustain too- the second half of the second stone was lost through illness rather than healthy eating, but I have managed to sustain the loss.

Well done for getting back on it though xx"

I find maintaining just as difficult as losing, well done to you

over a year ago

"I've complete lost all motivation. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and i hate it. I feel uncomfortable but still the motivation isn't there. I need to give my head a wobble. I don't know what's wrong with me "

I firmly believe that mental state makes all the difference.

Maybe start small- make a little change- like breakfast being healthier, for example and go from there? xx

over a year ago

"Well im still going to Slimming World each week and writing everything down etc..

Ive had lots of gains amongst all the losses

Im only 2 stone down since January,, but thats still 2 stone i guess :D

"

Thats great though xx Its not to be sniffed at.

Don't give up- I just keep trying xx

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I had a few weeks off work. So I got into holiday mode and managed to put 5lb on by going into maintenance mode (although how going from 1200 up to 1700 calories a day can still make me gain weight is something I will never understand; my metabolism obviously hates me). So I still have 2 stone to lose plus that extra 5lb. But I'm back at work now so the routine will make it easier.

over a year ago

"So, how has everyone been getting on?

After Christmas I stated that I wanted to lose 2 stone by Easter. I didn't achieve that, but I did get there eventually.

I treated myself to some new jeans yesterday one size smaller, and I feel better and people around me have started to notice.

So- how is it going with all of you? xx"

That's awesome. Great work. I'm just stating a training schedule. I have lost a stone and a half since January. Purely by eating better. Now i've set myself a target of hiking Irelands highest peak and eill now be putting in some serious training. I want to do the hike and do it comfortably. I want to enjoy all the beautiful views without coughing my lungs up!! It's quite a challenge for me personally as i have ostroarthritis in my knee. So hiking up any distance is pretty hard going on my knee. So with a lot of cycling, strength work at the gym, swimming and some endurance training. I hope to be able to complete my goal and enjoy every moment of it.

Good luck to everyone striving to become fitter, healthier and not only in body but mind and spirit too. Good luck. Believe

over a year ago

"Compared to January I'm doing great; compared to June I've gone way backwards. I always lose weight in the first half of the year and gain it in the second half. Back on it as of last week, trying to shift a couple of stone before Christmas so I'm tracking what I'm eating, starting jogging again and doing as much open water swimming as I can before the season finishes.

Well done for getting back on it though xx

I find maintaining just as difficult as losing, well done to you "

Thanks Ruby- I agree- it's so easy to let it creep back on!

over a year ago

I lost 6 pounds around 3- 31/2 months ago which I was chuffed about, would have liked to have lost 2 more pounds and that would have bought me down to 9st. Maybe I will get there sometime next year.

Well done tes x

over a year ago

That's awesome. Great work. I'm just stating a training schedule. I have lost a stone and a half since January. Purely by eating better. Now i've set myself a target of hiking Irelands highest peak and eill now be putting in some serious training. I want to do the hike and do it comfortably. I want to enjoy all the beautiful views without coughing my lungs up!! It's quite a challenge for me personally as i have ostroarthritis in my knee. So hiking up any distance is pretty hard going on my knee. So with a lot of cycling, strength work at the gym, swimming and some endurance training. I hope to be able to complete my goal and enjoy every moment of it.

Good luck to everyone striving to become fitter, healthier and not only in body but mind and spirit too. Good luck. Believe "

Well done xx May I suggest a killer combo supplement of chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine and MSM for your knee?

It might slow further degeneration xx

over a year ago

Good luck to everyone striving to become fitter, healthier and not only in body but mind and spirit too. Good luck. Believe

Well done xx May I suggest a killer combo supplement of chondroitin sulphate, glucosamine and MSM for your knee?

It might slow further degeneration xx"

Where is that or they available? Looks like i will have some reading to do today. Thanks.

over a year ago

I'm for the knackers yard

over a year ago

"I've complete lost all motivation. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and i hate it. I feel uncomfortable but still the motivation isn't there. I need to give my head a wobble. I don't know what's wrong with me

Maybe start small- make a little change- like breakfast being healthier, for example and go from there? xx"

I think you're right with the mental state thing. That's not likely to improve at the moment. I'd quite like to hibernate now and wake up in spring....might help me lose weight too!!

over a year ago

"I had a few weeks off work. So I got into holiday mode and managed to put 5lb on by going into maintenance mode (although how going from 1200 up to 1700 calories a day can still make me gain weight is something I will never understand; my metabolism obviously hates me). So I still have 2 stone to lose plus that extra 5lb. But I'm back at work now so the routine will make it easier."

Just be strong and determined- you will get there xx

I do believe that there are basically two kinds of people- Endomorphs and Ectomorphs!

You either eat to live, or you live to eat!

From a purely scientific point of view the body has evolved to be efficient with its use of nutrients to ensure the continued survival of the species!

So those of us that are a bit rounder could be said to be more highly evolved!!

(Disclaimer - before some pedant jumps all over me- it was a light-hearted comment)

over a year ago

"I've complete lost all motivation. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and i hate it. I feel uncomfortable but still the motivation isn't there. I need to give my head a wobble. I don't know what's wrong with me

Maybe start small- make a little change- like breakfast being healthier, for example and go from there? xx

I think you're right with the mental state thing. That's not likely to improve at the moment. I'd quite like to hibernate now and wake up in spring....might help me lose weight too!!"

Ustinov have more sex while you are in bed!

over a year ago

That's really great!

Did the gym help you with your programme?"

Massively. Weight training has been a total game changer. Completely changed my body shape

over a year ago

I was supposed to lose two stones and instead I put it on ... Oh well!!! Fat bridesmaid come December ... It's not the end of the world

over a year ago

Nope not doing well at all. However have set myself a goal of losing 52lbs by our holiday next June. So I can treat myself to all new dresses lol x

over a year ago

I have managed to put back the 6lbs I lost before my holiday, but that's mainly through eating crap and no exercise..

Starting tomorrow I will get back into the routine of morning workouts and cutting the crisps ... onwards and upwards!

By *workoutMan
over a year ago

Cradley Heath

That's really great!

Massively. Weight training has been a total game changer. Completely changed my body shape "

This as fantastic, so many women think lifting weights will turn them into some kind of she-hulk when it actually just makes you toned and sexy, helps boost energy levels and helps maintain low body fat as your body will naturally burn more calories in a resting state if you have a higher percentage of muscle mass.

Oh and we still need that naughty deadlift session Ava

over a year ago

I eat and I eat and I eat, yet I still struggle to put fat on. I've tried to figure out at which point my metabolism will store fat so I can gain muscle too. No luck. :/

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I've been immobile for some time so exercise is hard plus I have a genetic fat tissue disorder where my body creates lipoedemic fat which cannot be got rid of by diet and exercise. Because of the condition my body uses food differently but since getting a diagnosis I've researched and low carb high fat works best for me and I've lost a stone and a half and more to come hopefully after my next operation next week. I'm determined to get rid of the non lipoedemic fat so at least I've done what I can

By *workoutMan
over a year ago

Cradley Heath

"I eat and I eat and I eat, yet I still struggle to put fat on. I've tried to figure out at which point my metabolism will store fat so I can gain muscle too. No luck. :/"

You don't need to store fat to gain muscle, you need plenty of protein and the right training programme

By *aughty_amazonWoman
over a year ago

BRISTOL

Hey guys,

Can I join?. I have 9 months until I take my girls away and need to be in a bikini. I wanna lose a massive 3 Stone. This is as per the Bmi chart, also rejoining gym this week and I hope they can help me with a programme to tone up. Any help from anyone would be great tho as I've only ever done cardio but wanna get some nice arms and legs and ass, and obviously stomach once the fat has gone lol X

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Podged out a little but i now know which weight i look best at and it wasnt my lightest. Been a lot if trial and error this last year maintaing and gaining a bit.

So although a bit heavier than id like to be its all under control. Contentment is my biggest problem

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Lost 2 stone 5 and a half lb since this time last year. Most of that was in the first 6 months. Have really struggles since January but my fitness is going from strength to strength.

I am very lucky with where I work as there are lots of options for me to get to a gym and seek advice of very knowledgeable people. Can also go our running at lunch time as well.

Have bought 2 thinspiration dresses at size 14 for Christmas... Hope they fit!!!

over a year ago

That's really great!

Massively. Weight training has been a total game changer. Completely changed my body shape

This as fantastic, so many women think lifting weights will turn them into some kind of she-hulk when it actually just makes you toned and sexy, helps boost energy levels and helps maintain low body fat as your body will naturally burn more calories in a resting state if you have a higher percentage of muscle mass.

Oh and we still need that naughty deadlift session Ava "

Haha, you're on. You can monitor my form

By *aughty_amazonWoman
over a year ago

BRISTOL

OMG I've just bit the bullet and weighed myself for the first time in months and I'm half a stone lighter than I thought I was, that's proper given me a buzz to do this now!

Lanzarote and bikini here we come!

By *horehouseprincessWoman
over a year ago

small town near Munich

Dont put "only" in front of it. Its progress. Well done

over a year ago

Just done 10 round of boxing sparring! First time for a month. Nornally do it every week and I'm dying!

Will be starting my bulk soon. Time to get some strengh and size.

over a year ago

"OMG I've just bit the bullet and weighed myself for the first time in months and I'm half a stone lighter than I thought I was, that's proper given me a buzz to do this now!

Lanzarote and bikini here we come! "

over a year ago

Humongous bump!!

over a year ago

No one?

Oh well- lost another 6lbs since I started this thread x

over a year ago

Can't leave you hanging OP

Since the start of the year I've lost over 2 stone. I'm down from 20% body fat to just over 12% and my running is the quickest it has been since I was in my teens.

So a pretty good 2016

over a year ago

"Can't leave you hanging OP

Since the start of the year I've lost over 2 stone. I'm down from 20% body fat to just over 12% and my running is the quickest it has been since I was in my teens.

So a pretty good 2016"

That's really good xx

over a year ago

Congratulations doll! Always a nice feeling to buy new clothes that fit your new shape.

I have come so far in terms of fitness this year and so has Adam. It's been crazy, wonderful and bloody hard lol!

Keep at it doll! Whatever makes you happy.

Eve. Xx

over a year ago

Congratulations doll! Always a nice feeling to buy new clothes that fit your new shape.

I have come so far in terms of fitness this year and so has Adam. It's been crazy, wonderful and bloody hard lol!

Keep at it doll! Whatever makes you happy.

Eve. Xx"

Thankyou- you too xx

over a year ago

So a pretty good 2016"

Just worked out that my bmi has dropped by 5%

over a year ago

So a pretty good 2016

Just worked out that my bmi has dropped by 5% "

Good work that's a really good result

By *workoutMan
over a year ago

Cradley Heath

So great to see so many people enjoying the benefits of some healthy lifestyle changes!

It really does wonders in so many areas, body confidence, energy levels, libido and the endorphin rush from completing a tough workout is addictive!

I'm looking to compete in men's physique contests next year so my real work is just beginning!

Keep it up folks

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Same as 9 weeks ago. After getting to my target of losing 12 and 1/2stone last november. Its been a year of trying to maintain and see what works for me. I had a blip but that was back under control. I will probably end the year a bit heavier than last year but nothing serious.

The hard part id maintaining. Not going back to old habits. So actually im very happy. But losing weight is a flipping life time commitment to keep it under control. Ive also got used to the new me which i was also struggling with to start with. So exactly a year on im pleased. I only actually realized its exactly a year

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

So a pretty good 2016

Just worked out that my bmi has dropped by 5% "

I haven't figured out the percentage but I have gone from dangerously obese to mildly overweight in three years. Despite plateauing for months and then having a tiny gain over summer that was good to realise. And I'm back on track again now.

over a year ago

Anybody wanting any advice let me know just completed a personal training course

over a year ago

So a pretty good 2016

Just worked out that my bmi has dropped by 5%

I haven't figured out the percentage but I have gone from dangerously obese to mildly overweight in three years. Despite plateauing for months and then having a tiny gain over summer that was good to realise. And I'm back on track again now."

That's a real achievement, well done!

over a year ago

Still the same weight but more muscle less fat I need to upload new pics but first fix phone

Post new Message to Thread