Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I'm not sure i deserved that :-(

Jump to newest

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

A lady put a status update about a local sporting event. I sent a message agreeing with her as it is something I'm also interested in. I thought that at best there might be a bit of a chat about it, at worst there be no response. It was a non-sexual status update an a non-sexual message. I wasn't expecting anything more intimate to develop. She blocked me. Sigh... I'm obviously just way to rude and demanding. Sorry to have a moan. I'm just a bit confused.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It might be because you are married?

It happens

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"A lady put a status update about a local sporting event. I sent a message agreeing with her as it is something I'm also interested in. I thought that at best there might be a bit of a chat about it, at worst there be no response. It was a non-sexual status update an a non-sexual message. I wasn't expecting anything more intimate to develop. She blocked me. Sigh... I'm obviously just way to rude and demanding. Sorry to have a moan. I'm just a bit confused. "

A lot of people on here block every profile they look at that they don't want to meet, don't take it personally.

over a year ago

I get blocked a lot

over a year ago

Blocking isn't necessarily an insult, a lot of people just block all profiles they're not interested in, so they don't come up in search results.

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

So is she, also on here as a single.

Plus it was just a chat so why would marital status matter?

Hey ho. I'm used to being blocked or ignored when trying to arrange some fun. It's all part of a life on here.

But this just rankles a bit cos it seemed a bit unnecessary. I know i shouldn't let it bother me.

over a year ago

Cheer up, there's always pam

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Ok I'll bite. What's pam?

over a year ago

"So is she, also on here as a single.

Hey ho. I'm used to being blocked or ignored when trying to arrange some fun. It's all part of a life on here.

But this just rankles a bit cos it seemed a bit unnecessary. I know i shouldn't let it bother me."

Maybe she's your wife.

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

But this just rankles a bit cos it seemed a bit unnecessary. I know i shouldn't let it bother me.

Maybe she's your wife. "

Ha ha ha Sadly not. She used to be on Marital Affairs and hated it. She refuses to have anything to do with online dating now.

over a year ago

Maybe she's your wife.

Ha ha ha Sadly not. She used to be on Marital Affairs and hated it. She refuses to have anything to do with online dating now."

Online dating is shit.

Hope you cheered up a bit now.

over a year ago

Maybe she's your wife.

Ha ha ha Sadly not. She used to be on Marital Affairs and hated it. She refuses to have anything to do with online dating now."

This is a dating site

over a year ago

It happens, don't worry about it

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Thanks all

Plenty of Fish and all that.

Hey that sounds like a good name for a website

over a year ago

Maybe she's your wife. "

Got to be honest. I thought this was funny!!

Right as all these posts have said the block button is just a way to filter out messages.

But the ladies on here get so much crap of men it's unreal. So you can understand if she read your reply and thought " nope this could get ugly!" So she blocked and didn't risk it.

They get up to and over 200 messages and if they do send them back a thanks but no thanks. Some replay calling them alsorts! So you can't really blame her.

Yes it's annoying and I post things on forums and my comments are ignored or I send messages and they are ignored. But this is the way it's always been.

You do realise it's a complete sausage fest in here. I would say 100 single men to 1 single women.

So just take it on the chin, you are not going to win them all over!

over a year ago

"Cheer up, there's always pam"

this

over a year ago

It happens I even looked at my own profile. Triedcblocking it

over a year ago

Pam and her five friends

Palm fingers

over a year ago

Maybe she's your wife.

Ha ha ha Sadly not. She used to be on Marital Affairs and hated it. She refuses to have anything to do with online dating now.

This is a dating site "

That's news to us

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"It happens I even looked at my own profile. Triedcblocking it "

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Pam and her five friends

Palm fingers "

over a year ago

Don't read into it, some ppl are just rectums

over a year ago

Maybe she's your wife.

Right as all these posts have said the block button is just a way to filter out messages.

But the ladies on here get so much crap of men it's unreal. So you can understand if she read your reply and thought " nope this could get ugly!" So she blocked and didn't risk it.

They get up to and over 200 messages and if they do send them back a thanks but no thanks. Some replay calling them alsorts! So you can't really blame her.

Yes it's annoying and I post things on forums and my comments are ignored or I send messages and they are ignored. But this is the way it's always been.

You do realise it's a complete sausage fest in here. I would say 100 single men to 1 single women.

So just take it on the chin, you are not going to win them all over! "

I read your post.

Sausagessssss

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

People are weird arent they.. just let it go dont take it to heart.

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Maybe she's your wife.

So just take it on the chin, you are not going to win them all over! "

Thanks

over a year ago

"Thanks all

Hey that sounds like a good name for a website"

I'm sure there'd be a plaice for it

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

That's awful

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Don't feel bad about it, it's not you as an individual..We have unblocked single guys, NOT because we want one but just to see how many peruse..One sent is a message last night, we were polite ending our last two messages with "good night" he didn't take the hint & came back with but you have a single man & couples on friends & veries from couples?

WTF has that got to do with you?

Blocked...

S

H

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Don't feel bad about it, it's not you as an individual..We have unblocked single guys, NOT because we want one but just to see how many peruse..One sent is a message last night, we were polite ending our last two messages with "good night" he didn't take the hint & came back with but you have a single man & couples on friends & veries from couples?

Blocked...

S

H"

Yes I am glad that I don't have to deal with the pushy and the blatantly rude. Happy Hunting to you guys

over a year ago

But this just rankles a bit cos it seemed a bit unnecessary. I know i shouldn't let it bother me."

plenty more fish in the sea

over a year ago

"Thanks all

Hey that sounds like a good name for a website

I'm sure there'd be a plaice for it "

Codding me. Shorely not.

over a year ago

Don't take it personally, I 'think' I've only been blocked once. But I just pulled up my big girl pants and moved on, at least you didn't have months of back and fourth and actually felt something for them

over a year ago

I block and get blocked but I'm a right arse.

Don't sweat it.

Go have a beer or tea or Irn Bru and watch the world.

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Cheers my dears Beer and F1 qualifying

over a year ago

"A lady put a status update about a local sporting event. I sent a message agreeing with her as it is something I'm also interested in. I thought that at best there might be a bit of a chat about it, at worst there be no response. It was a non-sexual status update an a non-sexual message. I wasn't expecting anything more intimate to develop. She blocked me. Sigh... I'm obviously just way to rude and demanding. Sorry to have a moan. I'm just a bit confused. "

Don't take offence, even though it was all platonic you may not have been her type therefore she blocked you as some people use that as a filter.

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"A lady put a status update about a local sporting event. I sent a message agreeing with her as it is something I'm also interested in. I thought that at best there might be a bit of a chat about it, at worst there be no response. It was a non-sexual status update an a non-sexual message. I wasn't expecting anything more intimate to develop. She blocked me. Sigh... I'm obviously just way to rude and demanding. Sorry to have a moan. I'm just a bit confused.

Don't take offence, even though it was all platonic you may not have been her type therefore she blocked you as some people use that as a filter."

Thanks

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

You messaged someone local about something local. She may choose not to play local so blocked you. Nothing personal. Just geographic.

By *losguygl3 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

"A lady put a status update about a local sporting event. I sent a message agreeing with her as it is something I'm also interested in. I thought that at best there might be a bit of a chat about it, at worst there be no response. It was a non-sexual status update an a non-sexual message. I wasn't expecting anything more intimate to develop. She blocked me. Sigh... I'm obviously just way to rude and demanding. Sorry to have a moan. I'm just a bit confused.

You messaged someone local about something local. She may choose not to play local so blocked you. Nothing personal. Just geographic."

I never thought of that. Maybe too close to home for her.

over a year ago

"Don't feel bad about it, it's not you as an individual..We have unblocked single guys, NOT because we want one but just to see how many peruse..One sent is a message last night, we were polite ending our last two messages with "good night" he didn't take the hint & came back with but you have a single man & couples on friends & veries from couples?

Blocked...

S

H"

Could always have a standard copied reply saved.

"Thank you for your interest, but due too volume of applications. The position has been well and truly filled.

Therefore we wish you luck in future Endeavor's.

Post new Message to Thread