Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Would the world be..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

a better or worse place if we all spoke our minds?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't know about better or worse. There would be more single people.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 15:21:16]

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Oh sure...

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

~ Brian Cox

over a year ago

Yes, it would be better, because political correctness is killing the world slowly.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"a better or worse place if we all spoke our minds?"

It depends what's on our minds!

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Yes, it would be better, because political correctness is killing the world slowly."

I think humans will fuck the world long before political correctness, dude

over a year ago

I don't about the rest of the world but it would be worse for me.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/09/16 15:22:35]

over a year ago

"Yes, it would be better, because political correctness is killing the world slowly.

I think humans will fuck the world long before political correctness, dude "

That is right, by overpopulation lol.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Worse. Some people think they have a God given right to speak their mind usually saying "the truth never hurt anybody" trouble is they believe they know what the truth is.

over a year ago

Too many people are far too sensitive nowadays to here the truth. That's the problem.

over a year ago

Worse. There are already enough people hiding their cruelty, indiscretion and general arseholiness behind a veneer of "I'm just being honest".

over a year ago

I'd like to think better. But it probably would make things worse. As mothers say - if you haven't got anything nice to say.....

over a year ago

If what's on ones mind is to hurt , belittle , or to just be generally nasty then no it wouldn't .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Too many people are far too sensitive nowadays to here the truth. That's the problem. "

Your version of the truth might not be theirs. I have a good friend and I think her hair is cut all wrong for her face but she loves it...two opinions on the same topic why should I assume mine's the true one?

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

If you can speak the truth and also be sensitive to others, rather than just a dick blurting out the first thing that enters their small mind, then it would be better.

Mr B

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

Depends on whether or not it's worth speaking you mind.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

over a year ago

If most people weren't self obsessed cock jockeys it would be better.

Sadly that's not the case.

over a year ago

"Too many people are far too sensitive nowadays to here the truth. That's the problem.

Your version of the truth might not be theirs. I have a good friend and I think her hair is cut all wrong for her face but she loves it...two opinions on the same topic why should I assume mine's the true one?"

To be honest I thought we were talking about more serious issues.

over a year ago

"If you can speak the truth and also be sensitive to others, rather than just a dick blurting out the first thing that enters their small mind, then it would be better.

Mr B"

over a year ago

The world would be a better place if we are compassionate and caring and tolerent

over a year ago

"Too many people are far too sensitive nowadays to here the truth. That's the problem.

Your version of the truth might not be theirs. I have a good friend and I think her hair is cut all wrong for her face but she loves it...two opinions on the same topic why should I assume mine's the true one?

To be honest I thought we were talking about more serious issues. "

The answer fitted the thread perfectly and illustrates an everyday problem about speaking their mind, serious or not!!!

over a year ago

"The world would be a better place if we are compassionate and caring and tolerent "

This

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

To be honest I thought we were talking about more serious issues. "

My point still stands. Truth is a matter of opinion in very many cases.

over a year ago

To be honest I thought we were talking about more serious issues.

The answer fitted the thread perfectly and illustrates an everyday problem about speaking their mind, serious or not!!! "

I didn't come on for an argument. Was just stating my view, something like a hair cut is subjective. There is no right or wrong answer. Should've made my point clearer, I was talking about something that is black and white, no grey areas.

over a year ago

Maybe if people had the intelligence and the social/communication skills to express themselves effectively, it would work. Maybe.

over a year ago

Speaking your mind in total openness... That's taking your filters off completely! Including the ones that stop you from being an asshole (if you aren't one already)

No second thoughts, just speaking your mind on impulse as the inclination forms.

A bit like being Donald Trump I reckon!

over a year ago

"Maybe if people had the intelligence and the social/communication skills to express themselves effectively, it would work. Maybe. "

I find certain people have trouble expressing themselves without coming across as rude and uneducated ... the use of commas is always a bonus and quite often changes the outcome of a rant quite dramatically

over a year ago

" I was talking about something that is black and white, no grey areas. "

Badgers are dangerous. Fact!

Post new Message to Thread