Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

read and delete

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

why is it that there are people on here who ask for a specific think and when you have it and you message em they just read and delete ?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Happens all the time fella

More annoying than having your ear bitten by a bear

Reply privately

over a year ago

it actually winds me up have people not got the common decency to say no or even say anything even a message saying fuck off u fat twat is better than being ignored ffs least i know where i stand

Reply privately

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

You sound very angry.

Maybe your just not there cup of tea.

Reply privately

over a year ago

On the bright side

Sometimes you will be a victim of them being inbox blind and bulk delete

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just block and move on

Reply privately

over a year ago

if you cant handle that gawd help you if you ever get a meet that dont turn up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You sound very angry.

Maybe your just not there cup of tea. "

i wouldnt say angry i understand if not aomeones cuppa but when i reply to what they want specifically cus i have what they want it pisses me off but even if im not ur cuppa then that dont mean manners go out the window

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"why is it that there are people on here who ask for a specific think and when you have it and you message em they just read and delete ?"

It must be annoying but I'm afraid it happens a lot. We say in our profile that "no reply means a polite no thank you" hopefully people understand that.

I will say though that its as annoying to receive messages from people who clearly ignore a specific thing that you mention in your profile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if you cant handle that gawd help you if you ever get a meet that dont turn up"

gotta get a reply before a meet hahahahahahaha never had one reply yet lmao

Reply privately

over a year ago

"why is it that there are people on here who ask for a specific think and when you have it and you message em they just read and delete ?

It must be annoying but I'm afraid it happens a lot. We say in our profile that "no reply means a polite no thank you" hopefully people understand that.

I will say though that its as annoying to receive messages from people who clearly ignore a specific thing that you mention in your profile."

if it states no reply is no thank you then that dont bother me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its the way of the fab world I'm afraid doesn't bother me anymore. Your a guy in a saturated market of fab guys I'm afraid..Dont let it bother u my friend.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"it actually winds me up have people not got the common decency to say no or even say anything even a message saying fuck off u fat twat is better than being ignored ffs least i know where i stand "

You do know where you stand. If they read and delete it means not interested.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They obviously got a white van elsewhere

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

We have been on here for years and had plenty of read and delete but we just move

Unfortunatly it happens

Their loss eh luv

Xx

Reply privately

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

"You sound very angry.

i wouldnt say angry i understand if not aomeones cuppa but when i reply to what they want specifically cus i have what they want it pisses me off but even if im not ur cuppa then that dont mean manners go out the window"

It's your swearing that makes it sound angry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"why is it that there are people on here who ask for a specific think and when you have it and you message em they just read and delete ?"
Happens all the time mate this too used to affect me at first but after a bit I just thought you know what they're missing out really

Reply privately

over a year ago

thanks guys made me feel better lol maybe one day someone will reply lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"thanks guys made me feel better lol maybe one day someone will reply lol"
Definitely mate don't worry we all have it

Reply privately

over a year ago

the sympathy vote dont wash, changes your tactics

Reply privately

over a year ago

It happens to me a lot, just block the profile and move on, never take it personally, you may tick all the boxes in their profile but physical attraction comes first, and if they don't like what they see in your pics, then this is what happens.

It's been a while since one of my intro messages get a response, lately though they go unlos on me, but hey ho, I'm hear for the long term

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Good! This is supposed to be fun and light hearted

Reply privately

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

.t,hats one of the main things

People might say they looking for attractive guys but not everyone likes the same thing

You may be attractive to some but not others

Put some different pics on and don't be so assuming perhaps

Who knows

Someone might reply but if they don't then why worry

Reply privately

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

There will be others out there someone who has 'what they want' - but they are 'better than you'. Maybe their messages tick more of their boxes than you do. Who knows. Keep on trying.

But never feel bitter about being overlooked - it's a fact of life. Learn and move on

Reply privately

over a year ago

i should know better as i am normally an easy going guy who would not normally be bothered bout this its jus got to me a little as from day one its been the same oh well sod it its only a bit of fun i suppose plenty more fish in the sea as they say

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i should know better as i am normally an easy going guy who would not normally be bothered bout this its jus got to me a little as from day one its been the same oh well sod it its only a bit of fun i suppose plenty more fish in the sea as they say "

Just a little advice, change ya status, cries desperate mate, if you can't pm them, there's a reason

Reply privately

over a year ago

Delete all your sent mail as soon as you've sent it. Then you won't know what the recipient has done with it. You'll either get a reply or you won't, don't stress about things that are out of your control.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not bothered by it. (I question not being answered). It's their prerogative to answer or not. By deleting without reply, infers they are not interested. And other reasons.

The mail is also sometimes read and never replied to. Again I could read something into this.

Who knows what's going on? Not me, or anyone else. It's crazy on here, it does come down to attraction. People are shallow.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"it actually winds me up have people not got the common decency to say no or even say anything even a message saying fuck off u fat twat is better than being ignored ffs least i know where i stand "

Is it? Is it really?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

That is the normal state of play in here, as has been said in a previous reply, your a bloke in a bloke saturated site, the people you send messages to,even if you tick all the boxes, will probably receive hundreds every day.... don't take it personally, just move on, be polite be funny be yourself and eventually you'll get a reply that may lead to a meet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"why is it that there are people on here who ask for a specific think and when you have it and you message em they just read and delete ?

I'm not bothered by it. (I question not being answered). It's their prerogative to answer or not. By deleting without reply, infers they are not interested. And other reasons.

The mail is also sometimes read and never replied to. Again I could read something into this.

Who knows what's going on? Not me, or anyone else. It's crazy on here, it does come down to attraction. People are shallow. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i should know better as i am normally an easy going guy who would not normally be bothered bout this its jus got to me a little as from day one its been the same oh well sod it its only a bit of fun i suppose plenty more fish in the sea as they say "
no that's a different site to be ignored on

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if you cant handle that gawd help you if you ever get a meet that dont turn up"
he will probably throw a wobbly lol

Reply privately

By *lack_boneMan
over a year ago

wandsworth

Why be annoyed?...u can't please all the people all the time, just move on

Reply privately

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

We would probably do the same to you. We will let you have some of our.........,,,,,,,,,,,???!!! & & to use

Your messages are difficult to read without punctiation and will put a lot of people off. Try it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if it states no reply is no thank you then that dont bother me"

It says as much in Fab's FAQ's. People don't need to reiterate it on their profiles in order to avoid appearing rude.

Just take it on the chin and move on. It's rarely meant maliciously, so try to not let it affect your spirits too much.

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

They don't find you attractive probably. I know I've just woken up and I would hate to be a guy on here,but I wouldn't want to meet you now after this thread. I know you don't want to,but it's slightly aggressive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Site rules are quite clear, no response means not interested.

Just because you have a specific thing, doesn't mean they like what that specific thing comes with. If you're not for them, move on. No point getting bent out of shape about it, you're the only one who suffers from that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Site rules are quite clear, no response means not interested.

Just because you have a specific thing, doesn't mean they like what that specific thing comes with. If you're not for them, move on. No point getting bent out of shape about it, you're the only one who suffers from that. "

Oh god the ones that quote site rules

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because for all that, you might just be not what they are looking at that time! Just accept that as a polite no thanks and move on

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

You could smile in your pics. Arms folded is also an aggressive or very defensive position.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I send lots of msg but I'm sure no one is interested and just get deleted so I think my time on fab is limited. Just have to try somewhere new I think

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"You sound very angry.

i wouldnt say angry i understand if not aomeones cuppa but when i reply to what they want specifically cus i have what they want it pisses me off but even if im not ur cuppa then that dont mean manners go out the window"

When you say 'reply' I suspect you mean you wrote to them FIRST in response to their profile offering what ever it is you say you have that they want....

It isn't bad manners for them not to reply. No replying is far better than saying what you suggest e.g. fuck off you fat twat AND a none reply let's you know EXACTLY where you stand.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I send lots of msg but I'm sure no one is interested and just get deleted so I think my time on fab is limited. Just have to try somewhere new I think "

I think this is the best attitude. Although negative, it is realistic. What works for one, won't work for somebody else.

At least leaving and trying something new Is being pro-active. 'Go and find that new cheese'. (An old training video I know. )

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I send lots of msg but I'm sure no one is interested and just get deleted so I think my time on fab is limited. Just have to try somewhere new I think

I think this is the best attitude. Although negative, it is realistic. What works for one, won't work for somebody else.

At least leaving and trying something new Is being pro-active. 'Go and find that new cheese'. (An old training video I know. ) "

thanks I think I will

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dear Mr Takeaway Owner,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely leaflet through my door ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dear Mr Takeaway Owner,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely leaflet through my door ..."

Ha ha!! They are the same though they don't get the hint and keep sending them lol

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Dear Mr Takeaway Owner,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely leaflet through my door ..."

Fuck off you fat twat

Joke..... before someone moans at me.. See above thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You sound very angry.

Do you know how many messages women get on here from blokes who think they have what the woman wants? Do you know how many snarky arseholes there are who will throw a "no thank you" back in the face of a woman? Get over it, if a message is deleted then they don't want you - suck it up and move on.

Reply privately

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Sometimes you have to accept your not to everyones liking.

And no offence OP your profile sounds like you have the potential to strop off if the attention isnt focused on you....which for most is a huge red light, "i dont like being ignored" personally on that line alone we wouldnt go near.

It also comes across like you have the potential to be a bit of an inbox pest with lots of messages close together.

Like most things a teflon coat is needed so the negatives dont stick

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You sound very angry.

i wouldnt say angry i understand if not aomeones cuppa but when i reply to what they want specifically cus i have what they want it pisses me off but even if im not ur cuppa then that dont mean manners go out the window

Do you know how many messages women get on here from blokes who think they have what the woman wants? Do you know how many snarky arseholes there are who will throw a "no thank you" back in the face of a woman? Get over it, if a message is deleted then they don't want you - suck it up and move on. "

Ever thought about joining the Samaritans ???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Another reason why some people won't reply is in the past when I've sent a thanks but no thanks I've received a few abusive messages back from some people and I know other people have had the same happen to them so it's a way of ensuring that it doesn't happen.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You sound very angry.

Do you know how many messages women get on here from blokes who think they have what the woman wants? Do you know how many snarky arseholes there are who will throw a "no thank you" back in the face of a woman? Get over it, if a message is deleted then they don't want you - suck it up and move on.

Ever thought about joining the Samaritans ???"

Meh, if he can't handle rejection he needs to learn that before approaching women on here. Or anywhere.

Reply privately

over a year ago

loads of people think i will fuck them because we are sexually compatible. it just doesn't work like that.

for one i have to fancy you firstly, then you have to not put me off you. so yeah we might like the same things but i'm not desperate and am choosy.

Reply privately

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

As for replying to messages...

If i sat here and replied to each and every message we get daily it would be a full time job.

On a busy day we get over 100 messages and this is a couples profile....the ladies we speak to are generally flooded in comparison.

Try seeing it from the other side of things too.

As has beeb said in dozens pf posts by myself. I have been the single bloke on here before i got with boo so i know it can be frustrating but it takes a large cup of "suck it up buttercup" and move on.

And when someone does reply dont get all excited over it and pester the crap out of them which is another thing that happens

Reply privately

By *onnie and JohnCouple
over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi, we concentrate on our inbox..when we send a message unless it has photos in we just delete it. then if its read or not we dont know..strange but saves all the has it been read yet. inbox is the more important...connie x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"loads of people think i will fuck them because we are sexually compatible. it just doesn't work like that.

for one i have to fancy you firstly, then you have to not put me off you. so yeah we might like the same things but i'm not desperate and am choosy."

I think that's probably the crux of the matter in men who can't handle rejection - they think because it's a sex site, they're somehow legally entitled to be the one who decides that women must have sex with them. It's this sense of entitlement that leads to articles like "ho to approach women with their headphones in" and other such bullshit.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Look....... you like peppermint creams that melt in the mouth and are chocolate covered.

A plastic bag of them sends you a message but it's wrapping is cheap looking , padded and makes angry demands that you buy.

A cardboard box trimmed with gold ribbon a lovely feelgood picture and words of sweetie seduction also message you .

They have exactly the same sweets in and cost the same.....

which one do you take home ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"loads of people think i will fuck them because we are sexually compatible. it just doesn't work like that.

for one i have to fancy you firstly, then you have to not put me off you. so yeah we might like the same things but i'm not desperate and am choosy.

I think that's probably the crux of the matter in men who can't handle rejection - they think because it's a sex site, they're somehow legally entitled to be the one who decides that women must have sex with them. It's this sense of entitlement that leads to articles like "ho to approach women with their headphones in" and other such bullshit. "

totally.

it makes me sad to see how some men think women on this site are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I used to reply ....

When u have over 200 a day - it's time consuming and now I have on my profile "no reply means you are not for me" type thing.

I think these fellows have put effort in and I feel awful sometimes not replying - yet I need to make a decision.

As a poster said above all boxes may have been ticked and there was no physical attraction.

Brush it off - it's part of FAB world - if I say no to some fellows - they then tell me off and attack my size yet they have broached me.... In the first place ....

Just say NEXT ....

Happy Fabbing

Mwah

Reply privately

over a year ago

For me sometimes the message just doesn't excite me. When you get so many messages there has to be something to grab my attention and make me want more

Reply privately

over a year ago

We get over 1000 messages a week some weeks. This week we got over 1200.

When 90% of those are "hi wnt fuk" or "let me cum on tits yeeaaaa", they don't even get read, they just get deleted.

It's a numbers game, that's all. Keep going, and make sure you really do read the profile and write a nice message. But remember that even THEN, you just may not be what that person is after, so a delete is usually quicker. C X

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have 'ladies only' on my profile and still get 50+ messages from guys each day, I do have a nose if they attach face photos (I can make exceptions for drop dead gorgeous)

I'll delete everything else.

I haven't got the time nor patience to message every person back, a few times I have messaged back saying thank you but no, and I get inundated with begging messages then I have to block

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unicorn with those lips we can see why people try their luck! C xx

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Some people reply, some don't. If you accept this your time on the site will be more enjoyable

Reply privately