Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BBW/SBBW

Jump to newest

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

I regularly see topics about body sizes I'm a dress size 16/18 and I'm 5"4 I know that I'm overweight and I have a daily struggle with controlling my weight in my case I have type 1 Diabetes so I'm on daily regular insulin injections as some of you might know insulin can be a bitch when it comes to loosing weight as it can put weight on . I know that a lot of guys think that BBW is sexy but when I see some of these SBBW it gets tome as I see them and think your a classic case for developing type 2 diabetes and believe me it aint a good thing to have to cope with ( 30 years for me ) Tyoe 2 can be reversed but type 1 cant Not sure why I pit our username as BBWcpl but I guess I fall into that category Just wanted to bring it into the forefront as no one ever seems to comment on the health issues with being overweight

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently and has been losing weight to control it. He was never significantly overweight and definitely never obese, maybe a stone or so overweight on a 6'5 bloke. But apparently it runs in the family.

This has been a factor in me pushing myself to lose weight. When you're young and healthy and fat you feel ok, like it won't catch up with you, but for most people carrying a lot of excess weight is going to bugger up their body by middle age if not younger.

I want to give myself a fighting chance, so am determined to get down to a healthy weight. 3 stone to go!

over a year ago

Being over weight is like not using condoms

We all know the risks its upto us if we choose to take them

By *manda63Woman
over a year ago

Southampton

"I regularly see topics about body sizes I'm a dress size 16/18 and I'm 5"4 I know that I'm overweight and I have a daily struggle with controlling my weight in my case I have type 1 Diabetes so I'm on daily regular insulin injections as some of you might know insulin can be a bitch when it comes to loosing weight as it can put weight on . I know that a lot of guys think that BBW is sexy but when I see some of these SBBW it gets tome as I see them and think your a classic case for developing type 2 diabetes and believe me it aint a good thing to have to cope with ( 30 years for me ) Tyoe 2 can be reversed but type 1 cant Not sure why I pit our username as BBWcpl but I guess I fall into that category Just wanted to bring it into the forefront as no one ever seems to comment on the health issues with being overweight "

From your pics you look fine to me. Im a size 20+, Grey prefers the larger lady, I wouldn't worry to be honest. Says she with body issues

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Is a SBBW a 'super' bbw?

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently and has been losing weight to control it. He was never significantly overweight and definitely never obese, maybe a stone or so overweight on a 6'5 bloke. But apparently it runs in the family.

This has been a factor in me pushing myself to lose weight. When you're young and healthy and fat you feel ok, like it won't catch up with you, but for most people carrying a lot of excess weight is going to bugger up their body by middle age if not younger.

I want to give myself a fighting chance, so am determined to get down to a healthy weight. 3 stone to go! "

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Being over weight is like not using condoms

We all know the risks its upto us if we choose to take them "

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Is a SBBW a 'super' bbw? "

Lol yes or in medical terms morbidly obese lol

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"I regularly see topics about body sizes I'm a dress size 16/18 and I'm 5"4 I know that I'm overweight and I have a daily struggle with controlling my weight in my case I have type 1 Diabetes so I'm on daily regular insulin injections as some of you might know insulin can be a bitch when it comes to loosing weight as it can put weight on . I know that a lot of guys think that BBW is sexy but when I see some of these SBBW it gets tome as I see them and think your a classic case for developing type 2 diabetes and believe me it aint a good thing to have to cope with ( 30 years for me ) Tyoe 2 can be reversed but type 1 cant Not sure why I pit our username as BBWcpl but I guess I fall into that category Just wanted to bring it into the forefront as no one ever seems to comment on the health issues with being overweight

From your pics you look fine to me. Im a size 20+, Grey prefers the larger lady, I wouldn't worry to be honest. Says she with body issues "

I think most of us ladies have body issues at some point in our lives hey

over a year ago

Diabetes runs in my family and ive been losing weight so as to not put myself at risk from getting type 2 ive got a little more to lose then ill be happy

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Not all cases of type 2 diabetes are caused by lifestyle.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in my early thirties. Apparently about 20 years early.

I have a very rare auto immune illness. Nearly everyone who has the condition also has early onset type 2 diabetes.

I might be fat but i am far healthier and fitter than most people half my size. I'm fat and have diabetes because of another health condition and not the other way round.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

You clearly have never read any of the bbw threads. Someone always comes along to preach about how unhealthy is, like it's some sort of news flash that no one ever knew before.

By *atelotmanMan
over a year ago

Chatham

I have type 2 myself. I'm 6ft an didballoon to 15 st 7lb after having Stoke.Ive now got back to around 13st,but doctor still saying I m over weight an need to lose another two stone what a joke,while on my daily walks into Chatham the amount of women I see stuffing their faces with junk food who seem to think they are still attractive ,well all I can say walking time bombs.

over a year ago

evesham

Also type 2 cannot be reversed bit it can be well managed with diet and exercise.

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Not all cases of type 2 diabetes are caused by lifestyle.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in my early thirties. Apparently about 20 years early.

I have a very rare auto immune illness. Nearly everyone who has the condition also has early onset type 2 diabetes.

I might be fat but i am far healthier and fitter than most people half my size. I'm fat and have diabetes because of another health condition and not the other way round."

Sorry I realise not all type 2 is to do with lifestyle and I should of mentioned that in my original post sorry my bad

over a year ago

"You clearly have never read any of the bbw threads. Someone always comes along to preach about how unhealthy is, like it's some sort of news flash that no one ever knew before. "

I was thinking the same

I think most BBW threads I've read have managed to branch off to the cost to the NHS

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"I have type 2 myself. I'm 6ft an didballoon to 15 st 7lb after having Stoke.Ive now got back to around 13st,but doctor still saying I m over weight an need to lose another two stone what a joke,while on my daily walks into Chatham the amount of women I see stuffing their faces with junk food who seem to think they are still attractive ,well all I can say walking time bombs."

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Also type 2 cannot be reversed bit it can be well managed with diet and exercise. "

Type 2 can be reversed

over a year ago

evesham

"Also type 2 cannot be reversed bit it can be well managed with diet and exercise.

Type 2 can be reversed "

That's not what I have been told. Do you have any supporting links as I'd like to have a read up.

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

"Also type 2 cannot be reversed bit it can be well managed with diet and exercise.

Type 2 can be reversed

That's not what I have been told. Do you have any supporting links as I'd like to have a read up. "

There is a lot of links if you Google about reversing type 2 diabetes there was a chap on our local news recently who completely reversed it I'm no professional but I know that it can be reversed, in my case my pancreases was destroyed by my immune system when I was younger so doesn't produce insulin with type 2 its just that the pancreas has reduced production of insulin . The only way I could not have Diabetes is to have a pancreas/kidney transplant

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-diet-been-proven-reverse-7206658

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

I'm reading this book at the moment by Dr MichaelMosley and it makes perfect sense certainly worth getting if you want to read up on reversing type 2 diabetes .

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/

over a year ago

Type 2 can be reversed "

Working in healthcare and also being Type 2 Diabetic i am well aware that once you are Diabetic you will always be Diabetic..

Its to do with the bodys ability to go into the diabetic range with the Hba1c.. A person may no longer need medication and the blood results may fall under 49... but you have been diabetic and could 'relapse'

very much like being an alcoholic.. you may be in recovery and sober at a stage of your life but you have the ability to become an addict again..

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

Type 2 can be reversed

Working in healthcare and also being Type 2 Diabetic i am well aware that once you are Diabetic you will always be Diabetic..

Its to do with the bodys ability to go into the diabetic range with the Hba1c.. A person may no longer need medication and the blood results may fall under 49... but you have been diabetic and could 'relapse'

very much like being an alcoholic.. you may be in recovery and sober at a stage of your life but you have the ability to become an addict again.. "

That's why I always say that type 1 and type 2 should be given different names as they are both very different

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

Type 2 can be reversed

very much like being an alcoholic.. you may be in recovery and sober at a stage of your life but you have the ability to become an addict again.. "

That is very true.

I've had diabetes for nearly 10 years and used to take metformin. I eventually got my blood sugar levels under control about 4 years ago by exercising 6 days a week and stopped the medication. I haven't reversed my diabetes i have just got it under control. If i have a break from the gym my blood sugar levels start to rise gradually

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"

Also type 2 cannot be reversed bit it can be well managed with diet and exercise.

Type 2 can be reversed

very much like being an alcoholic.. you may be in recovery and sober at a stage of your life but you have the ability to become an addict again..

That's why I always say that type 1 and type 2 should be given different names as they are both very different "

I agree, they are completely different illnesses and there is a lot of misunderstanding.

There is actually more than one kind of type 2.

Some people don't make enough insulin, some people have enough insulin but their body can't use it properly and some people are a bit of both.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Oh for goodness sake. Overweight women are now judging and criticising other overweight women?

Unbelievable.

It's possible for slim people to have a lot of visceral fat and have significant health risks as a result but because they appear slim they're automatically thought of as healthy, just as overweight people must be unhealthy, (and usually lazy, don't care about how they look, greedy, smelly and all the other things we regularly see said on here).

Give it a bloody rest.

People know being overweight has health risks.

Smoking has health risks, drinking has health risks, stress has health risks, pregnancy has health risks, crossing the road has health risks. Go pick on someone else for a fucking change.

over a year ago

"Oh for goodness sake. Overweight women are now judging and criticising other overweight women?

Unbelievable.

It's possible for slim people to have a lot of visceral fat and have significant health risks as a result but because they appear slim they're automatically thought of as healthy, just as overweight people must be unhealthy, (and usually lazy, don't care about how they look, greedy, smelly and all the other things we regularly see said on here).

Give it a bloody rest.

Smoking has health risks, drinking has health risks, stress has health risks, pregnancy has health risks, crossing the road has health risks. Go pick on someone else for a fucking change."

Let's all go and eat gruel and become drones.

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Oh for goodness sake. Overweight women are now judging and criticising other overweight women?

Unbelievable.

Give it a bloody rest.

Smoking has health risks, drinking has health risks, stress has health risks, pregnancy has health risks, crossing the road has health risks. Go pick on someone else for a fucking change."

over a year ago

Unbelievable.

Give it a bloody rest.

By *BWcpl49 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Reading

Unbelievable.

Give it a bloody rest.

I wasn't criticising anyone all I was saying was that after having 30 years of sticking needles in myself every day and I see people that could quiet easily avoid having to do this its like saying when I see someone shooting up I always say they ae killing themselves by sticking needles into themselves if I don't stick needles in myself I die simple if I had a choice I know what Id choose . So if you read that post as a criticism then that's your choice

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

Unbelievable.

Give it a bloody rest.

Smoking has health risks, drinking has health risks, stress has health risks, pregnancy has health risks, crossing the road has health risks. Go pick on someone else for a fucking change.

I wasn't criticising anyone all I was saying was that after having 30 years of sticking needles in myself every day and I see people that could quiet easily avoid having to do this its like saying when I see someone shooting up I always say they ae killing themselves by sticking needles into themselves if I don't stick needles in myself I die simple if I had a choice I know what Id choose . So if you read that post as a criticism then that's your choice "

Concern for health is one of the usual excuses slim people, (who may be chock full of visceral fat) use for bashing fat people.

Overweight people bashing overweight people by citing a concern for their health is a new one though.

over a year ago

I think the title of the thread was a poor choice.

A title of Diabetes would have been better in my opinion.

over a year ago

Type 2 can be reversed

That's not what I have been told. Do you have any supporting links as I'd like to have a read up. "

My nan and dad were both type 2 change of diet reversed it

over a year ago

I didn't take it as a fat on fat bashing thread. Most of the BBW threads about looks and do people think it's sexy, etc.

It is valid to have a conversation about the potential impacts of excess weight on health. Of course fat people can be healthy and thin can be unhealthy, but not all are.

Health, not looks, is the only thing that's succeeded in motivating me to lose weight. If it was just about looks I'd probably weigh up the options and stay a bit porky. Throwing potential future health implications like T2 diabetes in the mix, and getting lower back pain at 30 years old, were the things which acted as a wake up call for me.

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"I didn't take it as a fat on fat bashing thread. Most of the BBW threads about looks and do people think it's sexy, etc.

It is valid to have a conversation about the potential impacts of excess weight on health. Of course fat people can be healthy and thin can be unhealthy, but not all are.

Health, not looks, is the only thing that's succeeded in motivating me to lose weight. If it was just about looks I'd probably weigh up the options and stay a bit porky. Throwing potential future health implications like T2 diabetes in the mix, and getting lower back pain at 30 years old, were the things which acted as a wake up call for me."

I think most overweight people are aware of the risks by now tbh.

The thing is, it's *always* weight that is the focus for discussions about health risks.

For example, high blood pressure is also a risk factor for developing T2 diabetes but I'm not seeing any mention of it.

over a year ago

When you're in your teens and 20s I don't think you realise the impact it can have in later life.

The problem is starting earlier though. Primary schools do 25 mins less exercise a week than a decade ago and the internet , online life means many don't venture outside.

It'll only get worse. Carbs is the hidden enemy in my opinion. And poor food labelling. Aldi and Lidl have more hidden sugars apparently In their pre prepared food hence its cheaper.

Sarah

By *ee VianteWoman
over a year ago

"When you're in your teens and 20s I don't think you realise the impact it can have in later life.

The problem is starting earlier though. Primary schools do 25 mins less exercise a week than a decade ago and the internet , online life means many don't venture outside.

It'll only get worse. Carbs is the hidden enemy in my opinion. And poor food labelling. Aldi and Lidl have more hidden sugars apparently In their pre prepared food hence its cheaper.

Sarah "

The amount of sugar in foods which should have no need whatsoever for sugar is ridiculous.

It's an easy, cheap way for companies to make food tasty and addictive.

Some people stick rigidly to low fat foods without realising they're often loaded with sugar to make up for the lack of fat.

over a year ago

evesham

Type 2 can be reversed

That was my understanding as well. I think the term reversed is misleading. However am always willing to be proved wrong so am going to do some reading.

Part of why I started running and doing slimming world was to control my diabetes to the point where I no longer needed medication. As a type 2 I know I will eventually go onto insulin but I plan on the being in the very distant future.

over a year ago

There is constant health comments on threads about BBWs

Frankly it's entirely up to someone if they want to lose weight or not they don't need others dictating to them, also just because someone is fat doesn't make them more unhealthy than someone slim.

I do have severe PCOS which actually makes me put on weight and my metabolism is pretty messed up, I was offered metformin but declined it as I don't want to be on pills.

I have recently lost 3 stone and I'm still going but it's a real hard slog due to my PCOS, however I certainly didn't choose to do it because someone on the internet thought they should tell people to lose weight

over a year ago

i've been type 2 since my early 20s. it's a genetic thing because i used to be anorexic and was definitely not overweight then. stress can advance it as well, i think that's what triggered mine off anyway.

over a year ago

"My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes recently and has been losing weight to control it. He was never significantly overweight and definitely never obese, maybe a stone or so overweight on a 6'5 bloke. But apparently it runs in the family.

I want to give myself a fighting chance, so am determined to get down to a healthy weight. 3 stone to go! "

I know it's a personal choice and as you say it's also down to your health, but you look absolutely incredible as you are! Stunningly beautiful xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/09/16 18:47:51]

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

Type 2 can be reversed

yes the cambridge diet..my mother did it and it reversed her...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

22 and 1/2 stone

Diabetic

High cholestral

High blood pressure

12 stone lighter fit as a fiddle no physical health problems whatsoever. In fact my blood tests say im super healthy for any age which is good going for a 51 year old mid menapause and my hair is thickening up again.

I podged out a little so working at getting that back off

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"Being over weight is like not using condoms

We all know the risks its upto us if we choose to take them "

I think you're not seeing the right threads. A lot of pseudo concern is shown.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Type 2 can be reversed

That was my understanding as well. I think the term reversed is misleading. However am always willing to be proved wrong so am going to do some reading.

Part of why I started running and doing slimming world was to control my diabetes to the point where I no longer needed medication. As a type 2 I know I will eventually go onto insulin but I plan on the being in the very distant future. "

it can be reversed im at no greater risk than anyone else getting it in old age

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

Unbelievable.

Give it a bloody rest.

I think I love you!

By *manda63Woman
over a year ago

Southampton

My best friend's mother and father in law ate super healthily. Everything organic as much as possible. Drank weird juice stuff, not overweight at all. They were both 60 +. She died last year from a horrible illness and he has had a few strokes and heart problems, whereas prior to the health kick they were illness free. Some might say coincidence but I and their family think differently.

Im overweight, weigh 17 St. High bmi but good bp and cholesterol. Im not proud of it but go figure

Post new Message to Thread