Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My son mistaken for my.toy.boy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone had this before?

I have a 30 year old son who met me when I was staying in Yorkshire at my small guesthouse. He lives nearby in a small flat. The owner stopped us going upstairs and said I could not bring men to the room. - despite me saying he was my son! He obviously didn't believe.me!

We had a laugh about this and it made me think - do I look younger than my age or does he look older?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Anyone had this before?

I have a 30 year old son who met me when I was staying in Yorkshire at my small guesthouse. He lives nearby in a small flat. The owner stopped us going upstairs and said I could not bring men to the room. - despite me saying he was my son! He obviously didn't believe.me!

We had a laugh about this and it made me think - do I look younger than my age or does he look older?! "

Yeah ive always looked allot older than i am (going bald at 15 does that) when i went on a family holiday abroad at 16 with me,sister, brother and mum upon arrival at the hotel they were giving out wrist bands for the all inclusive age restrictions and they assumed i was the dad and so handed us 2 adult bands and 2 kkds bands on the bright side my mum didnt correct them and i spend the next 14days getting d*unk by the pool (i have a cool mum) she was always strangely proud everyone thought shed landed a younger man haha

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Fancy if you had actually been taking someone back to the room

over a year ago

"Fancy if you had actually been taking someone back to the room "

Haha can you imagine how gutted you would be!

Landlord cockblocked, gutted!

By *ive it to usCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

"Anyone had this before?

We had a laugh about this and it made me think - do I look younger than my age or does he look older?! "

Never mind the age! The owner of the B+B must be living in the dark ages

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

When we first got together we did get looked at as I too went "Short of Hair" in my twenties. but mainly it was because I was 40 & H 22 but looked more like 17-18

Never got told I couldn't take her to my room though, but then that's the double standards of a male dominated society I guess..

S

over a year ago

I was on holiday with my then 16 year old son. One of the waiters thought he was my boyfriend!

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

went out with my two adult kids last week..they bumped into people they hadnt seen for ages,, so i got introduced as ..and thats my mum.. and im always getting..

oh....Thats your mum?????? wow ( followed by some adolescent lust comment of varying intensity) ...makes me want to run a mile

over a year ago

When out and about with my daughter people assume she is my girlfriend

over a year ago

Fortunately my son's 12 so I never have an issue! Older girls and ladies always take a shine to him though - saying how cute/handsome/charming he is - so I have a feeling he'll be dating milfs when he's older!

over a year ago

I can beat this me and my eldest whos 36 where having lunch

when he was mistaking for my husband the look on his face was priceless

over a year ago

"Anyone had this before?

Oh my days, yes I too have had this,

Folk assuming that my daughter is my......

I'm like no wayyyyyy

I'm her dad ffs

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

That's why I have no desire to go out anywhere with the young men I occasionally stay indoors with!

over a year ago

My son is 18 and a busdriver i know always thinks he my boyfriend lol

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I'd love to say, I've been mistaken for one of my daughter's friend or older sister. But I'd be fibbing.

However, someone thought my mum was my sister. She was flattered, me not so much.

over a year ago

"Fortunately my son's 12 so I never have an issue! Older girls and ladies always take a shine to him though - saying how cute/handsome/charming he is - so I have a feeling he'll be dating milfs when he's older! "
my son is 18 and the older ladies 50+ are always talking about him.

over a year ago

The guesthouse owner sounds like a right nob.

over a year ago

When my now 6 year old daughter was born minutes after my ex had given birth, my eldest daughter 13 at the time whom lived a stone throw away from the hospital, sprinted to the delivery suite to meet her new sibling, anyway my ex was absolutely shattered so my daughter offered to push the cot/table thing to the maternity ward, me my daughter and my ex proceeded to walk to maternity and out of the delivery suite,

On getting to the locked maternity doors my ex was behind me and my daughter and baby,

When the midwife came and opened the doors she put her arm around my daughter and said......

Oh are you ok love I bet your knackered come lets get you settled.

Wow I thought and wtf haha,

There both my daughters I said, mams behind us haha

Was quite funny to say the least

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 01/09/16 10:53:13]

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

"Fancy if you had actually been taking someone back to the room

Haha can you imagine how gutted you would be!

Landlord cockblocked, gutted! "

I know,you just don't want that embarrassment either do you,being told off

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Not quite the same but...

When out with my dad in my teens, we sometimes went out for beer and pool, we bumped into some female friends from college.

The next week I was being asked who the rather nice mate / cousin was (they knew he wasn't my boyfriend/brother). I was just pleased they hadn't tried chatting him up.

He would have been early 40s at the time and still looks much younger than his 69 years.

Nita

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Jeez, your having some bad luck. Chased out of a Travelodge then thrown out of a B+B , I'd stick going to clubs for a while.......

over a year ago

"Anyone had this before?

I would have told him to piss off a mind his own business regardless of it being your son or not

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I was travelling with my Dad in Morocco and there was a whole heap of frowning going on behind the check-in desk re us sharing a room. They wanted to know if we were married. My Dad is 75.

over a year ago

Nobody could ever mistake my 2 adult sons as anything but family, as they're both the spitting image of me.

Personally I'd be a bit miffed anyone thought my young attractive lads would date a milf...and I think some of you ladies taking it as a compliment are kidding yourselves too!

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

I got mistaken for my mums husband at my grandmas funeral ! Grrr

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Worst experience I had like this was my grandparents' ruby wedding party where various relatives I hadn't seen in years kept bumping into me and thinking I was my mum. I was 15 at the time. So apparently I look more than 20 years older than I actually am.

over a year ago

"Anyone had this before?

Hahaha this made me giggle , cheers for sharing OP. Did u have to show ID?

over a year ago

I had this with my mother a few years back when we still spoke. I took her for a meal a week before mothers day as I was out the country over the actual weekend and the owner of the restaurant came over to light the candles and said "to try help set the mood" I was mortified but my mum sat there proud as can be at the compliment. The other waitresses were in hysterics.

over a year ago

"Nobody could ever mistake my 2 adult sons as anything but family, as they're both the spitting image of me.

Personally I'd be a bit miffed anyone thought my young attractive lads would date a milf...and I think some of you ladies taking it as a compliment are kidding yourselves too! "

I find that an odd remark for you to make bearing in mind that a lot of the chaps you meet are young enough to be your son?

over a year ago

"Nobody could ever mistake my 2 adult sons as anything but family, as they're both the spitting image of me.

Personally I'd be a bit miffed anyone thought my young attractive lads would date a milf...and I think some of you ladies taking it as a compliment are kidding yourselves too!

I find that an odd remark for you to make bearing in mind that a lot of the chaps you meet are young enough to be your son? "

Why? They are normal lads with girlfriends their own age and we act like mother and son if out together. Also I don't date my meets...nor am I in my mid-50's flattering myself that a teenager could genuinely be thought of as a boyfriend. So my comment is not in the least bit odd.

And besides, who I meet and what we do discreetly and in private isn't any of your business!

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

During my last year at school my mates teased me about seeing me out with a "fit older woman". I was wracking my brains wondering what they hell they were talking about. They gave me the time and place...the penny dropped. I was with my Mum at the time!

Post new Message to Thread