Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I feel so ashamed

Jump to newest

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

After 5 and a half weeks of no smoking I caved in and had a cigarette today.

I'm ashamed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Just because you had one doesn't mean you have to have another.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just because you had one doesn't mean you have to have another. "

Was it nice?

I haven't smoked since November - and I feel so pissed off tonight I really want one!

More than usual!

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

"Just because you had one doesn't mean you have to have another.

Was it nice?

I haven't smoked since November - and I feel so pissed off tonight I really want one!

More than usual!

"

Tasted awful to start with but then oh so good

over a year ago

You need to draw a line under it & move on.

How did you give up initially?

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

"You need to draw a line under it & move on.

How did you give up initially? "

Cold Turkey

over a year ago

What made you cave in?

I tried going on to vapes. Lasted 2 days lol

over a year ago

"You need to draw a line under it & move on.

How did you give up initially?

Cold Turkey"

Out of the fridge?

over a year ago

one is a hiccup...

just try not to have another

over a year ago

You did well cold turkey! Try not to have any more and I'd suggest a cheap ecig for quick response when you get a craving.

I've been vaping for 4 months now with no lapse and I've been puffing zero nicotine all afternoon for the first time.

Start again tomorrow..it's a new day..

over a year ago

Just having one is a hiccup. Having a second, after you have done so well, is going to make you feel awful. Remember why you stopped in the first place, congratulate yourself on how well you have done and continue being a none smoker. Good luck

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

The cravings have been really bad this week so I may go down the ecig/ vape route

over a year ago

"After 5 and a half weeks of no smoking I caved in and had a cigarette today.

I'm ashamed "

hey no one likes a quitter

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

I'm ashamed

hey no one likes a quitter "

Quitter of quitting?

By *emplarWarriorMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm ashamed "

Shame on you

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

I'm ashamed

Shame on you"

over a year ago

I'm ashamed

hey no one likes a quitter

Quitter of quitting?"

oh stop whinging go cold turkey n quit

over a year ago

Don't do vaping of ecigs. You're not a smoker any more.

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

It's a hiccup, don't beat yourself up over it. I stopped on 23rd June but i caved in last week and smoked a cigarette. I felt really guilty and i hated the taste. I'm using mini lozenges and an e-cig for when the cravings are really strong. I've always struggled with willpower but i am determined not to give in to it this time. I've tried to quit several timed before and failed, i won't fail this time.

I can see and feel the difference in my health already. My breathing is much better and my skin has a healthy glow.

OP you can do it

Xxx

By *ohnaronMan
over a year ago

london

"The cravings have been really bad this week so I may go down the ecig/ vape route"

As your GP what help is availabe for quitting. Its real hard a first but does get easier despite the set backs. Im sure we all wish you good luck.

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

"It's a hiccup, don't beat yourself up over it. I stopped on 23rd June but i caved in last week and smoked a cigarette. I felt really guilty and i hated the taste. I'm using mini lozenges and an e-cig for when the cravings are really strong. I've always struggled with willpower but i am determined not to give in to it this time. I've tried to quit several timed before and failed, i won't fail this time.

I can see and feel the difference in my health already. My breathing is much better and my skin has a healthy glow.

OP you can do it

Xxx"

How long did it take you to start feeling better?

All I've noticed so far is a better sense of smell

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I felt really rough for a couple of weeks. Then my tastebuds went haywire. Everything tasted really salty or acidic. That lasted nearly 2 weeks too. After that i started to feel really good. I used to get quite out of breath and it doesn't happen nearly as much now.

The times i crave a smoke the most are first thing in the morning and on my breaks at work, that's when i use the nicotine replacement

over a year ago

If using an aid then it is only meant to be a temporary thing, but most people I know that use vapes have them on their mouth more than they did a cig and with them it's a like a competition now, who can get the most flavours, who can get the ones with the most amount of cloud. I don't think many use them as a quitting aid, but more of a permanent replacement.

As a smoker myself I do want to quit some day, but like yourself I will go cold turkey. I have tried everything pretty much and still continue to smoke alongside it. So the day I quit will be the day I wake up and think I don't want to anymore. Like many smokers I will no doubt have hiccups, so be it, but if I feel I can let that one go then I will, but if not I will eventually try again. It's not a great addiction and coming off it is definitely going to be hard, but it has to be the right time, knowing you can. So if you can get by this hiccup then that's great, but even better if it can be done remaining cold turkey, especially as you got so far.

By *uddlybear2015Man
over a year ago

BEDFORD

"The cravings have been really bad this week so I may go down the ecig/ vape route"

Its worked for me,might be worth a go

By *s ParisWoman
over a year ago

My Dungeon Room

I quit myself 20yrs ago cold turkey never lapsed once thank heavens but it is hard to do it try the nicotine patches and as many have said try vaping I lived on extra strong mints to kill my cravings and it worked best of luck with it keep on trying

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I quit myself 20yrs ago cold turkey never lapsed once thank heavens but it is hard to do it try the nicotine patches and as many have said try vaping I lived on extra strong mints to kill my cravings and it worked best of luck with it keep on trying "

Last time i tried to quit i had extra strong mints instead and just ended up hooked on them too lol

I managed to cut down to half a tube a day now

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

Thanks for the support people

X

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Thanks for the support people

X"

I quit on Zyban then went into St John's wort cos I reckoned it might help and I never had any cravings really. I used a nicotine puffer too for a few weeks so I never felt I would be totally without an alternative.

The NHS weekly course was really useful too, and they explained that it takes 6 weeks to allay the nicotine receptors and only one cigarette to wake them all up again, and that really helped me avoid the trap of ever thinking 'just one......'.

Go to your doc, get ALL the aids you can and just set your face like a flint for another go, you can do it!

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

"Thanks for the support people

X

I quit on Zyban then went into St John's wort cos I reckoned it might help and I never had any cravings really. I used a nicotine puffer too for a few weeks so I never felt I would be totally without an alternative.

The NHS weekly course was really useful too, and they explained that it takes 6 weeks to allay the nicotine receptors and only one cigarette to wake them all up again, and that really helped me avoid the trap of ever thinking 'just one......'.

Go to your doc, get ALL the aids you can and just set your face like a flint for another go, you can do it! "

St johns wort, really?

Never knew that would help

over a year ago

Isn't st Johns wort used as a herbal antidepressant? I'm sure it has other uses too..but even with herbal stuff you still have to consider contradictions with medicines..so please ask a doctor before starting any..and even coming off them if you use st John's wort.

How have you coped today? Did you only have the one the other day or finish the pack?

By *angerousEyesMan
over a year ago

weston

If the alternatives are not working give vaping a go, why make it difficult. Smoked 26 years tried most methods of quitting and always ended back smoking. 6 months vaping no fags and only had a craving for one around 3 months and nothing since. It might become a replacement for some but it doesn't feel like the sane addiction as smoke and you will probably notice a difference in the way you feel in a few weeks.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Hold on to your ashamedness til you get the next craving

over a year ago

You should be

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

I would recommend them , I was sceptical , but it worked for me , I hardly used it as I didn't like the taste compared to smoking , but the nicotine hit worked wonders

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

"The cravings have been really bad this week so I may go down the ecig/ vape route

I would recommend them , I was sceptical , but it worked for me , I hardly used it as I didn't like the taste compared to smoking , but the nicotine hit worked wonders "

I brought one today.

over a year ago

I'm ashamed "

Quick pop round and shag me while you still have the smell of a fag under your nose and you don't realise how much of an ash try I smell like

over a year ago

Don't beat yourself up, you've done really well and it's only a minor setback.

I quit on December using an E-cig. Provided you get a decent setup they're very effective.

By *ankler OP   Man
over a year ago

Suffolk

I'm ashamed

Quick pop round and shag me while you still have the smell of a fag under your nose and you don't realise how much of an ash try I smell like "

On my way

over a year ago

Allah hates a quitter pal, good on ya. Allah fralla back bar N all that pish .

Post new Message to Thread