Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Friends Reunited

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Isnt it lovely when old friends come back into your life.

My friend and I stopped speaking because his girlfriend at the time felt threatened by our friendship and because he had fallen in love and been lonely for so long, we decided it was for the best that we say goodbye.

She has now come back into my life with a message to me on facebook and I am very happy. So much has happened over the last 3 1/2 years and I love the catching up. The biggest change of course is that my friend is no longer a he, well technically she still has male genitalia but will be having gender reassignment surgery soon. I just hope that I dont call her by her former name, but talking to her feels like it was only yesterday that we spoke.

Have you had long lost friends come back into your life and was there a dramatic change to how you acted with each other, or was it like the old times

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I find with my long standing friends (more than 10 years) I can pick up wherever I left and things are the same.. even when either of us have had major changes in their lives... as the friendship is so established. Even when there are long gaps in communication... and we dont even send each other x mas cards etc,..not becessary with that kind of friendship. Great post

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Isnt it lovely when old friends come back into your life.

My friend and I stopped speaking because his girlfriend at the time felt threatened by our friendship and because he had fallen in love and been lonely for so long, we decided it was for the best that we say goodbye.

She has now come back into my life with a message to me on facebook and I am very happy. So much has happened over the last 3 1/2 years and I love the catching up. The biggest change of course is that my friend is no longer a he, well technically she still has male genitalia but will be having gender reassignment surgery soon. I just hope that I dont call her by her former name, but talking to her feels like it was only yesterday that we spoke.

Have you had long lost friends come back into your life and was there a dramatic change to how you acted with each other, or was it like the old times

"

That was a nice post, I met an old friend after 20 odd years when I was at an autojumble, were closer than ever now

over a year ago

"

Lots find old lovers on there apparently and take up where they left off.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"

Had lunch with a mate on thursday who went to the states to make his fame and fortune 11 years ago ,it was like he had never been away and other mates who we haven't seen for 10 years rocked up too ,it was a fab afternoon and we never stopped yacking for 3 hours lol

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"

That was a nice post, I met an old friend after 20 odd years when I was at an autojumble, were closer than ever now "

How much did you pay for him?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

With good friends you can just pick up where you last broke off. Ive never gone back to an ex boyfriend tho, once romance dies a death I can never rekindle the feelings. Im proud of the fact that my exes are still friends, but I wouldnt have sex with them again.

over a year ago

I don't think you ever lose touch with the friends you make in your formative years no matter how long you are apart its as if you saw them yesterday when you reunite.

I can still remember the most intimate details of my close school friends, their birthdays, first crushes fave bands the names of their parents and siblings cousins etc. You took in so much of their lives and I doubt I will ever feel as relaxed and trusting with any other people than those girls.

The best times are when you all get together and screech out loud at all the 'do you remembers' Reminiscing in our old age is the reward for having to die!!!!

over a year ago

" Reminiscing in our old age is the reward for having to die!!!!

"

Christ. Thanks for that. Is it co-dependent. The more you reminisce the quicker, earlier you croak it???

over a year ago

" Reminiscing in our old age is the reward for having to die!!!!

Christ. Thanks for that. Is it co-dependent. The more you reminisce the quicker, earlier you croak it??? "

Depends on what you consider old age

over a year ago

Not an old friend but my youngest sister: we hadn't spoken in years, the last time I saw her was 19 December 2006 when she turned up with my day, her husband and daughter.

My dad has been dead over two years, she's now divorced and she has a three year old son I've never seen.

Our favourite uncle died and she phoned to tell me, ahead of my cousin. She picked me up and we chatted like we'd just seen each other the day before. My nephew said "hello aunty" and took to me like he'd known me all his life.

Some relationships can withstand the test of time!

over a year ago

This is a nice thread. Your stories make my heart glad

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Not on Friends Reunited but an old school friend recently put up a class photo taken over 20 years ago. My friends list has increased massively over the past few days and I've been busy catching up with lots of long lost friends.

It does give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Now, wouldn't it be a coincidence if someone on here reads this and realises they know me as a result of this message because they're on that old school photo too.

Post new Message to Thread