Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

British Gas Boiler Service

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When I arranged for my boiler to be serviced I told the lady that I needed a new micro switch on the actuator that switched on the hot water, when you turned on the hot water tap. Told her it was faulty and could save themselves a visit, as I have a maintenance/repair contract with them.

Anyway, the engineer came today, serviced the boiler and then said he needed to come back to change the micro switch

Why don't they listen to their customers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I have visions of a long haired bloke in a boiler suit and some 'chikka chikka pow wow' music in the background now!

"Hello gorgeous, I'm here for your service..."

I know what you mean, I've broken down a couple of times and told the RAC to send a tow truck because the engines 3 miles up the road in 47 pieces and they still don't listen and send a bloody van.

"We need a tow truck mate" Sight

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"When I arranged for my boiler to be serviced I told the lady that I needed a new micro switch on the actuator that switched on the hot water, when you turned on the hot water tap. Told her it was faulty and could save themselves a visit, as I have a maintenance/repair contract with them.

Anyway, the engineer came today, serviced the boiler and then said he needed to come back to change the micro switch

Why don't they listen to their customers? "

The same as you wouldnt appreciate someone telling you how to do your job. Plus these call centres just book the appointment and give a vague description of the fault for the engineer.

Can you imagine how much information is lost in translation from customer to call centre to engineer? If engineers went to stores and picked up spare parts (assuming its in stock) for what every customer thought it might be they would spend their time taking it back to the stores.

It makes no difference to them however helpful and well-meaning you are being they have to make a home visit see for themselves and check for other problems and follow their own business protocol.

You pay for the service just enjoy it xxxxxxx

By * times sexyCouple
over a year ago

Staffs

Oh God yes i had major problems with a british gas boiler. But in the end i packed her in and met my current partner Boom Boom lol xx

Post new Message to Thread