Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

First BBQ of the season.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok well it's that time of year again and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for vegetarian BBQ dishes that don't involve awful meat substitutes. Anything with tofu is greatly appreciated. Hope you're all well and soaking up the sun! Xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

stuffed peepers or mushrooms

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Oh good suggestion!

over a year ago

Can stick most veggies on a barbie.

try doing veggie kababs , corn on the cob but par boil it first .

Parboil some little taters and then foil them. stick them in the embers

over a year ago

Had my first BBQ today!

The BBQ needed defurring first, so I burnt everything off with an initial burn first.

Had some spicy lamb ribs and a burger, shared with the pets, of course. Got a burger and a couple of belly pork slices for lunch next week.

The meat were all last summer's stock in the freezer, all marinated, just need to be defrosted before slapping them onto the BBQ.

Also grilled a big heap of vegetables - courgettes, onions, peppers and aubergine. Shall take them into work for my colleagues and myself.

No sweetcorn this time, or giant field mushrooms.

I never par boil my sweetcorns, no need to do so as I brush marinade over them as they cook on the grill. May take longer to cook, however, I can't be arsed to boil them first.

Made sandwich filling of roast pork, ham and chopped gherkins with mayo and Dijon mustard, as well as a celeriac remoulade - one of my favourite salads as it always reminds me of France, and I love France!

over a year ago

"..............

Made sandwich filling of roast pork, ham and chopped gherkins with mayo and Dijon mustard, as well as a celeriac remoulade - one of my favourite salads as it always reminds me of France, and I love France! "

I'm a confirmed Francophile and enjoy Dijon but I'd probably put the above piece together with a large dollop of Arran mustard.

over a year ago

I went thru there once in the dark... quite nice

over a year ago

"..............

Made sandwich filling of roast pork, ham and chopped gherkins with mayo and Dijon mustard, as well as a celeriac remoulade - one of my favourite salads as it always reminds me of France, and I love France!

I'm a confirmed Francophile and enjoy Dijon but I'd probably put the above piece together with a large dollop of Arran mustard."

Had to Google it to find out what it is.

Not keen on whole grain mustard, sorry, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

over a year ago

"..............

I'm a confirmed Francophile and enjoy Dijon but I'd probably put the above piece together with a large dollop of Arran mustard.

Had to Google it to find out what it is.

Not keen on whole grain mustard, sorry, so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one! "

That's entirely in order. Of all the things people disagree upon about taste we should at least accept that a disagreement about taste is perfectly OK.

Post new Message to Thread