FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I think anyone joining fab cant message anyone until 4 month or are verified - Gets rid o timewaster

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Whenever there is a new girl joining fab, she is inundated with messages from guys, a lot of them new. This puts the girl off and then she doesn’t wanna guy on here for a while.

Think there are too many idiots on here that just join and then message people straight away. I think anyone joining fab should not be allowed to message anyone until 4 month or are they are verified -This might get rid of some of the timewasters on here

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

get back in your box ya faaaaannnnnaaaaayyyyy. is someone not been getting any recently!!!! xxxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"get back in your box ya faaaaannnnnaaaaayyyyy. is someone not been getting any recently!!!! xxxx"

Yerrrrrr........ME

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"get back in your box ya faaaaannnnnaaaaayyyyy. is someone not been getting any recently!!!! xxxx

Yerrrrrr........ME "

away and clean your cobwebs, ya clart!!!

over a year ago

I think its a pretty good idea tbh.

over a year ago

There is an option to filter out unverified peeps already. I think it's good enough.

over a year ago

"get back in your box ya faaaaannnnnaaaaayyyyy. is someone not been getting any recently!!!! xxxx

Yerrrrrr........ME

away and clean your cobwebs, ya clart!!! "

I done um. ner ner

and it was only a little un

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

But if they can't message people, how are they supposed to get a meet to get verified?!?!?!?

Gee people complain if they haven't had a meet in a week, let alone having to wait 4 whole months!!!!

over a year ago

"But if they can't message people, how are they supposed to get a meet to get verified?!?!?!?

Gee people complain if they haven't had a meet in a week, let alone having to wait 4 whole months!!!! "

Here here, you took the words out of my mouth

over a year ago

There are filters to cut down on unwanted messages. Unless you really will shag anyone 18 to 90 and travel from Lands End to John O'Groats then messages from people outwith your age and location range can be deleted!

It's hardly rocket science now, but it's not the woman complaining is it? No: it appears to me that another of "God's gifts" can't believe his message has been deleted/advances turned down. Naturally, it's not because SHOCK!! HORROR!! he doesn't appeal: no, it's the fault of the other 101 men that messaged her the moment her profile went live!

As always, just my point of _iew!

over a year ago

I don't think it's a great idea to be honest. How can people arrange meets if they're not allowed to contact people - I rarely search profiles myself because I get enough emails - just by the pure fact of being a single female on here. If the other women do the same as me, single men wouldn't get a chance.

I'm not a fan of this kind of idea - I like that fact that this site is relaxed with few rules beyond the ones about being respectful etc I'm not keen on idea of you must do this to be a member and you mustn't do that.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

So lets see, 4 months staring at all the ladies wobbly bits without being to messages and getting worked op into a lust filled frenzy, then the fateful day arrives....400 cut and paste messages later in one afternoon...

...so what's changed then?

over a year ago

"There are filters to cut down on unwanted messages. Unless you really will shag anyone 18 to 90 and travel from Lands End to John O'Groats then messages from people outwith your age and location range can be deleted!

It's hardly rocket science now, but it's not the woman complaining is it? No: it appears to me that another of "God's gifts" can't believe his message has been deleted/advances turned down. Naturally, it's not because SHOCK!! HORROR!! he doesn't appeal: no, it's the fault of the other 101 men that messaged her the moment her profile went live!

As always, just my point of _iew!"

Message filters, men using the message filters: are you mad sassy ?

On visiting my people filters it immediately struck me that by applying any of these fanny filters my chances would drop dramatically, instantly.

So for even suggesting such a thing I am now personally adding you to my fofo filter

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Whenever there is a new girl joining fab, she is inundated with messages from guys, a lot of them new. This puts the girl off and then she doesn’t wanna guy on here for a while.

Think there are too many idiots on here that just join and then message people straight away. I think anyone joining fab should not be allowed to message anyone until 4 month or are they are verified -This might get rid of some of the timewasters on here

"

I think you farted too hard and lost a bit of brain matter.

over a year ago

"I don't think it's a great idea to be honest. How can people arrange meets if they're not allowed to contact people - I rarely search profiles myself because I get enough emails - just by the pure fact of being a single female on here. If the other women do the same as me, single men wouldn't get a chance.

I'm not a fan of this kind of idea - I like that fact that this site is relaxed with few rules beyond the ones about being respectful etc I'm not keen on idea of you must do this to be a member and you mustn't do that. "

Absolutely, if we have too many rules, it just smacks of paying websites

over a year ago

Probably one of the most stupid ideas ever put forward.

Let's consider the four month rule.

You join. You can't message anyone for four months.

If you've got any brains you don't use the site for four months and THEN act just as you would have done on day one four months ago.

The four month wait is nothing more than that. A waiting list.

There are far more exclusive clubs that have people clamouring to join. Here admin have it right. We don't have to clamour. The chaff drop off after a while and the wheat keeps on growing.

What about people who have been here more than four months ? They are going to be a bit sick , tired and jaded when they keep getting mail from the one man and his sheep dog from the Hebrides because there are NO newbies coming through!

Who verifies someone who isn't able to message ? Bloody difficult enough for people being messaged.

We need THOUSANDS of new members every week. Specially in Liverpool.

Admin ....... get me some locals .. BUT decent ones pls!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"

We need THOUSANDS of new members every week. Specially in Liverpool.

Admin ....... get me some locals .. BUT decent ones pls!"

Need a few in Derby as well please, and not blokes either...

over a year ago

"Whenever there is a new girl joining fab, she is inundated with messages from guys, a lot of them new. This puts the girl off and then she doesn’t wanna guy on here for a while.

"

Ooops, I just reread this and can see a possible problem now.... do you mean the girlies get a queue and you're not getting a look in?

I am confused by the fact you seem to be complaining that the sudden influx of messages puts women off meeting men for a while... yet you are then suggesting these women shouldn't be able to message anyone for 4 months.... hmmmm... your suggestion seems to be adding to the problem you are complaining about rather than solving it.

I am going back to the fart theory.

over a year ago

There are filters that:

* Blocks newbies and they cannot message you until they have joint the site for 7 days or more

* Blocks those without photos

* Blocks those without verification

* Blocks those that are not site supporters

* Blocks single gents

* Blocks groups of peeps that one does not wish to be contacted, e.g. TV/TS etc...

If newbies or anyone else who allegedly have too many messages from unsuitable peeps use these filters, they would stop getting so many so called undesirable messages!

The availability of these filters are mentioned in the getting started thread, so there is hope that newbies would use them soon after they join the site!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

To the OP, have you tried putting some cock pics up? Think of it as a queue jumper ticket.

The more cock pics you have the higher you get up the list for all of the new chicks!

I don't know why I'm telling you guys this but the golden ticket to get to the number one slot (and in her slot) is to take a pic of your cock over a toilet preferably with your faeces still in the pot. To add that finishing touch try and get your brown Y fronts hanging round your ankles in the pic.

Works every time

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"To the OP, have you tried putting some cock pics up? Think of it as a queue jumper ticket.

The more cock pics you have the higher you get up the list for all of the new chicks!

I don't know why I'm telling you guys this but the golden ticket to get to the number one slot (and in her slot) is to take a pic of your cock over a toilet preferably with your faeces still in the pot. To add that finishing touch try and get your brown Y fronts hanging round your ankles in the pic.

Works every time"

You forgot to mention the skid marks... added bonus!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

No nit-picking please

Unless someone specifically asks for their profile to be critiqued or if it's relevant to the thread e.g. someone is wondering why they're not having success, please don't critique their profile or be mean about it. We want the forum to be open and friendly to newbies and everyone starts somewhere.

( for the people who's posts were removed, if you quoted the post that will have gone too.)

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

That will get rid of a lot of decent people too

over a year ago

Right no one can message anyone ever, sorted

over a year ago

That will get rid of a lot of decent people too "

i think its a pile of croc

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm fairly sure that I wouldn't join a site that made me wait four months before I could send a message... what would be the point?

Did you think this through... if you can't send messages, how are you supposed to get verified??

I sometimes wonder how people get through the day to be honest!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

so obviously you practiced what you preached.... and you didn't contact anyone for the 4 months... or were verifed...

I wouldn't like to accuse you of being hypocritial now.... hmmmmmmm

(pssst... the last person that verified you has only been here by my maths 6 weeks when they met you... so aren't you doing what you accuse others of doing... pounces on newbies! oh the irony!)

in fact... how can you get verified in the first months if you are not allowed to talk to people or you just trying to eliminate others from talking to the same people as you......

actually the more i think about it, the more selfish your proposal looks......

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

welcome to the forums Horsey.......

over a year ago

"

How would anyone get verified if they cant mail anyone for 4 months

over a year ago

I hate that idea might aswell become a paysite like swingers heaven you can join for free and set up a profile but if you want to send or _iew mail then you have to pay. Just use the filters

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

"To the OP, have you tried putting some cock pics up? Think of it as a queue jumper ticket.

Works every time"

FFS!!!!! Now he tells me!!!! That's where I've been going wrong!

Quick where's me camera???

over a year ago

Works every time

Quick where's me camera??? "

Your not seriously going to listen to anything the monkey has to say are you?!

By *andy muncherMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Works every time"

oh dear the toliet jokes have started your starting to show signs of your anal retentive coming back think its time you came back to the unit witch cell would you like this weekend

over a year ago

Peppa Pig is back! Yayyyyy

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Peppa Pig is back! Yayyyyy "

OMG!! I just got what you mean by that!!!

over a year ago

"But if they can't message people, how are they supposed to get a meet to get verified?!?!?!?

Gee people complain if they haven't had a meet in a week, let alone having to wait 4 whole months!!!! "

was thinking the same thing lol

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"oh dear the toliet jokes have started your starting to show signs of your anal retentive coming back think its time you came back to the unit witch cell would you like this weekend "

I've got waaaaay further to 'sink' yet.

over a year ago

i think if a site had a rule were members werent allowed to message other memberss for 4 months.most people wouldnt bother to join or just leave within a week or so.and the site would die on its feet very quickly.not a very bright idea im afraid.

over a year ago

"There are filters to cut down on unwanted messages. Unless you really will shag anyone 18 to 90 and travel from Lands End to John O'Groats then messages from people outwith your age and location range can be deleted!

As always, just my point of _iew!"

It's probly my fault sassy. Apparently every other fecking thing is. I apologise to everyone for everything.

***slips back into trough of self pitying melancholy for at least another hour***

over a year ago

Works every time"

Superb

By *ruitWoman
over a year ago

near kings lynn

Some suggestions are doomed from day 1.

As people have said the filters are there for good reason.

If I didnt use them and also use the dlete and block button I would have so much more mail than I get already

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

Works every time

Your not seriously going to listen to anything the monkey has to say are you?! "

Well have a peek and tell me if my pics need upgrading monkey style I'm always keen to take advice!

over a year ago

Works every time

Well have a peek and tell me if my pics need upgrading monkey style I'm always keen to take advice! "

They look pretty okay to me

By *anny PepperoniMan
over a year ago

Matlock

Works every time

Well have a peek and tell me if my pics need upgrading monkey style I'm always keen to take advice!

They look pretty okay to me"

Phew thought I was going to have to come up with a whole new theme there!

over a year ago

First of all guys

It’s not had any effect on me in here.

The reason why I stated it is that when a girl joins fab she is inundated with hunners of messages in one day

She has no idea (yet) how to filter the assholes out so she would prob get pissed off and then block guys.

And fur the one above who said it was a rant from a guy who hasn’t had a meet.

Well I’ll tell u this, Asda is round the corner so I always meet

xx

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Total rubbish idea.What a sexist assumption that us poor itte girlies need protecting from the big bad men out there.

over a year ago

"Total rubbish idea.What a sexist assumption that us poor itte girlies need protecting from the big bad men out there.

"

sexist my ass!

me pmsl

It's the same for both sex

Im not putting this on to help you out, far from it.

It's on because new people whatever sex get pissed off after one day because of all the messages and then block certain types when genuine people have never dont anything wrong.

The standard of Fab has changed in the last 5 years with more and more timewasters on here. Just need someway of ing them out.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

" Just need someway of ing them out.

"

I use my instincts. Not encountered a timewaster yet... I certainly don't need someone else ing out the people I may meet for me... I'm more than capable.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Total rubbish idea.What a sexist assumption that us poor itte girlies need protecting from the big bad men out there.

sexist my ass!

me pmsl

It's the same for both sex

Im not putting this on to help you out, far from it.

It's on because new people whatever sex get pissed off after one day because of all the messages and then block certain types when genuine people have never dont anything wrong.

The standard of Fab has changed in the last 5 years with more and more timewasters on here. Just need someway of ing them out.

"

Your own words

"Whenever there is a new girl joining fab, she is inundated with messages from guys, a lot of them new. This puts the girl off and then she doesn’t wanna guy on here for a while."

Mansplaining,google it.

Ohh and i have never met a timewaster either.

over a year ago

Not one of your best ideas, GlasgowHorsey. It's a swingers site, we expect to be offered sex.

I appreciate your point about people pouncing on 'fresh meat' (they do! Hell, I've done it myself once or twice!) But we really don't need any more rules to 'protect' us.

There are sites out there where every single member has been approved by the site owners - and those ladies who are looking for ultimate protection can choose one of those closed sites (I used to be a member of one, but there were only 2 blokes on that site that I wanted to shag!). The brilliant thing about Fab is that it is open to everyone who abides by the minimum of rules, and it has members numbering thousands!

We need to ensure that the rules are kept to the minimum essential, to ensure that Fab keeps its unique selling point.

over a year ago

Oh, and I've never encountered a timewaster, either (in 3 years).

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Girls are undated with messages when they join any site, be it swingers site or dating site.Its the nature of the beast. Most sites show a section for new members so of cause they are going to get attention.

By *oe the greekMan
over a year ago

Swindon

I'm fresh meat pounce on me anytime

Sorry but if this was to be on here less people would join fab out of all the swingers sites this is far the easiest one I have come across.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

speaking as a female and as an adult ,i am perfectly capable of using filters provided by the site .also i can hadle any message sent to me ! replie ,delte or report it according to situation ,its perfectly simle lol !! no im not new now but i was at some point lol! just think people are perfectly capable of handling their profiles and messages with the tools already provided on the site . no requirement for further complications that do nothing to stop your complaint of time wasters and women being inundated with messages . if women required it i assure you we have a voice and would ask for it ourselves !

we havent ,and have managed perfectly well with out guys tossing in their 4 penneth to apparently "help" us .

over a year ago

Sorry to the ones who took my initial post the wrong way, Maybe I didn’t convey it properly.

Starting to get a bit out of hand here as in girls thinking I’m doing it to put my pennies worth to "Protect them".

I think it may show some girls _iews of GUYS when they jump on this bandwagon.

It isn’t about that, never has been. I believe many girls and guys on here are well worth more than looking after themselves on here.

All the girls on here and couples, who know me, know I'm not that male chauvinist guy but that I’m one of the guys who respect people more than others, “treat one person the way you would like to be treated yourself”.

Maybe this post been put wrongly, I don’t know, but first things first; it’s for both sexes and also couples.

1. Females will get the most messages in one day when they first join, that’s a fact.

2. Couples would prob be the next with most messages and so on and so on.

Maybe what I was thinking anyone who joins fab, (male, female, cpls etc...) should not be allowed to contact anyone for the first week.

Hopefully anyone who has contacted them straight away know how the system works and respects it.

How many new people go into the chat room and try and direct when it’s a non directing chat room, it’s quite common until they are told they have to go to another room.

When that happens, obviously they haven’t read up on the rules.

How many people get sent hunners of cock pics, then they put it in their profile “no cock pics” But does that stop those assholes from sending them.

If a girl states on her profile she’s not looking for men I will not message unless she has contacted me.

There’s a few women on here who have kicked off their heels, got annoyed by taking my idea wrongly. If it’s not a good idea to try and make fabswingers better, ok say so! But don’t try and railroad it as if I’m trying to be male chauvinist, I am not and that’s a fact. I’m obviously disappointed.

I’m such a nice guy I’m going to go for a wee greet now.

There are many people who join fab and are capable of doing their own filter but wont for the first few days or week until they get to know they system, (in that time they may be inundated until they use the filter).

I have been in many people’s company from here either playing or chatting and WE ALL always have a great time, that’s the upmost in my mind.

Maybe we can have it that when someone who joins fab; male, female, couples etc... they are not allowed to message anyone until they get used to the system, say maybe a week or if too much 2 - 3 days, any idea is worth looking into.

Anyways I hope there starts to be more people who are more clear on the idea instead of talking about something else that has been misconstrued.

1. If its not an good idea, great, let this post know

2. If you think the site is perfect as it is, then great let the post know.

3. If you have an idea yourself, Then fantastic let the post know.

Love you all to bits, xx

over a year ago

"speaking as a female and as an adult ,i am perfectly capable of using filters provided by the site .also i can hadle any message sent to me ! replie ,delte or report it according to situation ,its perfectly simle lol !! no im not new now but i was at some point lol! just think people are perfectly capable of handling their profiles and messages with the tools already provided on the site . no requirement for further complications that do nothing to stop your complaint of time wasters and women being inundated with messages . if women required it i assure you we have a voice and would ask for it ourselves !

we havent ,and have managed perfectly well with out guys tossing in their 4 penneth to apparently "help" us ."

^^^^^

over a year ago

Is this a wind up.

It isn't about girls on here, its about everyone.

"speaking as a female and as an adult ,i am perfectly capable of using filters provided by the site .also i can hadle any message sent to me ! replie ,delte or report it according to situation"
. I never said any of you weren't

If any girl keeps using this post to think guys are trying to protect them well I'm sorry you haven't a clue, This post is not about that.

Not about that at all.

ITS ABOUT AN IDEA TO MAKE FAB BETTER FOR ALL, Nothing More

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"anyone who joins fab, (male, female, cpls etc...) should not be allowed to contact anyone for the first week"

I'm of the opinion, the message filters currently in place are sufficient, for example, not verified / single guys / not site supporter are blocked from contacting us, it's for members to utilise the message filters based on there preference

over a year ago

I would have found it hugely frustrating if I couldn't message or receive messages in the first few days.

We are here looking to make contact with adults for adult fun. Straight away we found the delete/block buttons.... and used and still use them now.

If people are going to take huge offence to being sent messages/cock pics they should really be thinking "hang on a sec... this is an adult site, what did I expect?"

We don't like being sent messages/cock pics from people who don't interest us but as I have said before mr block and mr delete do some fine work on here so we can move on without giving it another thought.

But going back to this no message idea for days/weeks/months would have made us feck off to a rival site. We joined and played within days thanks to being able to receive messages.... after jollying it around our heads for the last 10 years we felt we needed to take the plunge.... and that's exactly what we did with no regrets. It made us hungry for more.

Fab is perfect the way it is.

over a year ago

Oh dear! Someone is getting stroppy: ugly!

Unfortunately none of us have the power to mind read: we can only go on the written word before us! If the OP didn't want to sound like Sir Galahad, then he would have been better of omitting the first paragraph of his OP!

over a year ago

"But going back to this no message idea for days/weeks/months would have made us feck off to a rival site. We joined and played within days thanks to being able to receive messages.... after jollying it around our heads for the last 10 years we felt we needed to take the plunge.... and that's exactly what we did with no regrets. It made us hungry for more.

Fab is perfect the way it is. "

Great

This is a good reply.

At least it's positive to what people are thinking regarding to improve the site or the site is great the way it is.

Thanks

Peter

over a year ago

"There is an option to filter out unverified peeps already. I think it's good enough."

Yep, it's already been though of. The term "timewaster" is silly because it's depends on personal _iews.

over a year ago

"There is an option to filter out unverified peeps already. I think it's good enough.

Yep, it's already been though of. The term "timewaster" is silly because it's depends on personal _iews."

Thanks BK

much appreciated

regards

peter

over a year ago

Southampton

"Is this a wind up.

It isn't about girls on here, its about everyone.

speaking as a female and as an adult ,i am perfectly capable of using filters provided by the site .also i can hadle any message sent to me ! replie ,delte or report it according to situation. I never said any of you weren't

If any girl keeps using this post to think guys are trying to protect them well I'm sorry you haven't a clue, This post is not about that.

Not about that at all.

ITS ABOUT AN IDEA TO MAKE FAB BETTER FOR ALL, Nothing More

"

no not a wind up . its very clearly my opinion and as you read back through the same as meny others .

your first sentence is going on about women who join and they get inundated with messages and puts them off . i ponted out ,as others have that filters ect are enough to stop any unwanted messages or time wasting .

as for feed back on your idea ...i said it wouldnt work and do nothing to stop the messages and times wasting you talk of . again just as has been said through out the thread . its not a case of people not understanding the idea or way it was put forward its the case that the idea is flawed from the off and it provides nothinng of advantage to the site .

over a year ago

Great Tempress.

I apprciate your reply.

It good that you feel that way and most do as well as their opinion on this thread.

It's either you think the site is great the way it is or if not, another idea should be put forward if you can think of one. I initially put it forward as I feel the standard of the site has been let down with many timewasters and disrespectful people joining.

If I stated Women at the start, I really meant it as "men, females, cpl etc.." which I understand some girls became annoyed.

For that accept my appologies.

xx peter

over a year ago

Southampton

i must have missed something as ive never heard of a single guy being inundated with messages lol. from what i hear the complaint is they get no messages . if im wrong then im sure the lucky guy will post and let us know lol

over a year ago

"i must have missed something as ive never heard of a single guy being inundated with messages lol. from what i hear the complaint is they get no messages . if im wrong then im sure the lucky guy will post and let us know lol "

pmsl! I got a 2 messages in the one day. Still havent opened them as it looks great to see I have 2 messages unopened

xx peter

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/04/11 19:35:18]

over a year ago

"welcome to the forums Horsey......."

View ya big shag

Have u missed me

xx

over a year ago

Southampton

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/getstarted

guide for people which gives steps to get what you want from the site . so help is there for thoses who want it . if they dont read that then they certainly wouldnt read about not being able to message others for X amount of time . theyd then complain that they couldnt get intouch with anyone so causesing more issues and resolving none of the problems you mentioned

Post new Message to Thread