Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Daily Mail Aintree Pics

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Every single year the Daily Mail takes delight in taking photographs of ladies at Aintree who they think should be subjected to ridicule in a national paper.

Some of the ladies may be deemed to be voluptuous.....by some. Some may be deemed to be inappropriately or unfashionably dressed......by some. Some of the ladies may be deemed to have overdone the fake tan.......by some.

But you know what? A BIG 'SO WHAT'. They are enjoying a day out at the races with friends. They are not doing any harm to anyone. It does not look like they have 'posed' for the photographs and it is unlikely that they have asked to photographed by some sleazy, slimy photographer from the Daily Jackboot.

I hate it. It's cruel and unnecessary. The ladies 'featured' in todays rag should join together and launch a class action against the rag concerned and sue them into oblivion.

Thank you. Rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Every single year the Daily Mail takes delight in taking photographs of ladies at Aintree who they think should be subjected to ridicule in a national paper.

Some of the ladies may be deemed to be voluptuous.....by some. Some may be deemed to be inappropriately or unfashionably dressed......by some. Some of the ladies may be deemed to have overdone the fake tan.......by some.

But you know what? A BIG 'SO WHAT'. They are enjoying a day out at the races with friends. They are not doing any harm to anyone. It does not look like they have 'posed' for the photographs and it is unlikely that they have asked to photographed by some sleazy, slimy photographer from the Daily Jackboot.

I hate it. It's cruel and unnecessary. The ladies 'featured' in todays rag should join together and launch a class action against the rag concerned and sue them into oblivion.

Thank you. Rant over "

Think us women are used to it.

Celebs who gain a little are splashed over the papers.like how dare they...

So and so aint wearing the right dress or has the worng hair do.

All pics probably done by men who are scared shitless that women can make their own mind up on what to wear , where to wear it and if she fancys summat more than tissue for her dinner.

And then posted in the paper by jealous small minded females who cant get a shag

over a year ago

dont buy the paper,simple

over a year ago

"dont buy the paper,simple"

I don't. I glance at it online. But anyway the point was...........never mind.

over a year ago

"dont buy the paper,simple"

If Mail readers didn't read the Mail they wouldn't know whose fault everything is - and many wouldn't know what day it is.

over a year ago

I gave up reading ALL papers last year and havent missed any of them

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Ive just taken a peek theres one woman there who looks like a drag queen, some look wonderful some look hideous...just like anywhere ya go

over a year ago

"thats life"

over a year ago

"dont buy the paper,simple

If Mail readers didn't read the Mail they wouldn't know whose fault everything is - and many wouldn't know what day it is."

True. I read a wide range of broadsheets including US and Middle Eastern publications to try and get a good balance and a feel of how the same stories are reported differently. I take in a couple of tabloids to see what is forming public opinion. The Mail seems to have a particularly broad vindictive and nasty streak.

over a year ago

"Ive just taken a peek theres one woman there who looks like a drag queen, some look wonderful some look hideous...just like anywhere ya go "

That may be so. But is there any need to hold them up to ridicule in such a way?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Ive just taken a peek theres one woman there who looks like a drag queen, some look wonderful some look hideous...just like anywhere ya go

That may be so. But is there any need to hold them up to ridicule in such a way?"

are you one the birds in the pics? you have taken this all very personally?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/04/11 22:50:52]

over a year ago

"Ive just taken a peek theres one woman there who looks like a drag queen, some look wonderful some look hideous...just like anywhere ya go

That may be so. But is there any need to hold them up to ridicule in such a way?are you one the birds in the pics? you have taken this all very personally? "

It just ticks me right off to be honest. As Katherine Tates Granny might say 'What a fackin' liberty'

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 07/04/11 22:52:30]

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

That may be so. But is there any need to hold them up to ridicule in such a way?are you one the birds in the pics? you have taken this all very personally?

It just ticks me right off to be honest. As Katherine Tates Granny might say 'What a fackin' liberty' "

take a chill pill it may help

over a year ago

That may be so. But is there any need to hold them up to ridicule in such a way?are you one the birds in the pics? you have taken this all very personally?

It just ticks me right off to be honest. As Katherine Tates Granny might say 'What a fackin' liberty' take a chill pill it may help "

Naah. A burst of self righteous indignation is good for the constitution

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

It just ticks me right off to be honest. As Katherine Tates Granny might say 'What a fackin' liberty' take a chill pill it may help

Naah. A burst of self righteous indignation is good for the constitution "

I wouldnt know

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Ive just had a look at some of the pics as I like to see what the ladies are wearing to the races

There were some fab looking outfits,and there were some horrors

over a year ago

It just ticks me right off to be honest. As Katherine Tates Granny might say 'What a fackin' liberty' take a chill pill it may help

Naah. A burst of self righteous indignation is good for the constitution I wouldnt know "

I should hope not as you are a lady. However, it comes naturally to a man of the cloth albeit one of the Mad Monk variety

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Every single year the Daily Mail takes delight in taking photographs of ladies at Aintree who they think should be subjected to ridicule in a national paper.

Thank you. Rant over "

I've just looked online and I must have been reading a different article to you as none of the captions under any of the pictures said anything "cruel and unnecessary" and I didn't see what they could take the paper to court for.

Oh and most of the pictures did look "posed" for!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i have been buying the mail for a couple of months.

i stopped today.because of their judgemental attitude,and inconsistency.

particularly towards women.

today there were two articles,about two women.the women were the same age,the articles gave totally opposing viewpoints.

it took me a while,but never again.

over a year ago

"none of the captions under any of the pictures said anything "cruel and unnecessary"

Didn't say anything about captions under pictures or anywhere else. The publication of the pictures combined with the tone of the piece were cruel and unnecessary in my humble opinion.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

""none of the captions under any of the pictures said anything "cruel and unnecessary"

Didn't say anything about captions under pictures or anywhere else. The publication of the pictures combined with the tone of the piece were cruel and unnecessary in my humble opinion."

see i dont get the "cruel and unnecessary"

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

""none of the captions under any of the pictures said anything "cruel and unnecessary"

Didn't say anything about captions under pictures or anywhere else. The publication of the pictures combined with the tone of the piece were cruel and unnecessary in my humble opinion."

If you are meaning the heading and the first few lines of text then there was still nothing that could be considered "cruel and unnecessary" seeing as the text was

"And they're off! Aintree's eye-popping fashion girls

A vast array of brightly patterned outfits was on display for the start of Aintree today with the usual medley of ensembles that were more entertaining than the racing.

The equestrian event, known for its colourful female punters, didn't fail to disappoint as it kicked off with a bang.

Cleavage-revealing maxi dresses appeared the popular choice of the day."

Considering what some were wearing, I think the paper actually held back on what they could have said! In my humble opinion too!

over a year ago

Apologies all. Just revisited the article and it's had a total re-write and a lot more pictures added since earlier today............honest.

I wonder if it was in response to public reaction as there were a lot of online comments critical of the nature and tone of the reporting. A lot of these added photos are obviously happily posed and taken with the ladies knowledge and permission.

There's nothing worse than having the rant taken out of your sails. I hate The Mail even more now

over a year ago

They've even got Doddy in the revamped version. How tickled I am.

over a year ago

I "read" the Mail on line every day. It is obsessed with how people look. This week they've ripped apart Russell Crowe and Mark Hamil for being fat and old respectively. They've lambasted Carol Middleton for being mutton dressed as lamb...I could go on.

As for the Aintree ladies?!! Some obviously got dressed in the dark. Some are suffering from body dysmorphia as when they squeezed their bulks into their garish rags they must have thought they were Gisele! In fairness to the Daily Mail they didn't need to put any captions as you could add your own: collectively, dog's dinner, should surfice!

Some of the ladies looked hideous to me, but they obviously feel hot to trot and couldn't give a monkies what I think!

over a year ago

"They've even got Doddy in the revamped version. How tickled I am."

It has changed since earlier: it's changed several times since it was first up and yes some of the pics are now posed. The earlier ones were "candid" shots of hideous looking women in ill-fitting garish outfits.

Yeah I said it: hideous!

Post new Message to Thread