Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you deal with customer services?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's your attitude? Does it work?

I normally can't say boo to a goose but if I have a compliant I'm like a dog with a bone... I don't get angry, just firm and straight to the point!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Depends in how the service is I guess. I am generally polite and understanding, especially if I can see they are getting a hard time for other customers. If there is a problem then I am form and to the point. I will point out the issue and if needs be refer to any relevant legislation etc bit I'm never rude to someone who is simply doing their job. I wouldn't expect someone to be like that to me so what give me the right to do that to them?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If their attitude towards me is polite and they're listening to what I have to say I will be courteous in return.

If I feel like they are trying to fob me off I will steam in like you'd never believe.

over a year ago

I Jez use to be a Manager for a big defunct electrical retailer. If a customer came in an was reasonable and never shouted or swore at me I would always bend the rules to help them, BUT if someone came in acting unreasonable and shouting and swearing and demanding things then I would be a twat and dig my heals in and stick to policy regardless of how much inconvenience I caused.

over a year ago

I love to cause blue murder

over a year ago

"What's your attitude? Does it work?

I normally can't say boo to a goose but if I have a compliant I'm like a dog with a bone... I don't get angry, just firm and straight to the point!"

Think about the outcome you want beforehand, and how flexible you are. Be clear about the incident you're phoning about.

Keep breathing, stay calm, it's anxiety provoking to complain in our culture!

Be clear, use simple language, be polite and friendly but firm and remember your desired outcome. If you feel you're losing it, stay calm, tell them you'll call them back, DONT LOSE YOUR RAG, no matter what the provocation.

over a year ago

they're really nice with me. i think it's because they're being taped maybe?

but i tend to use facebook to complain firstly, but they call you from there, so it costs yu nothing and they know they're gonna get facebook feedback as well.

over a year ago

Please remember the person you're speaking to is just a paid employee of the organisation you have a complaint with.

When I used to work in customer service many moons ago I used to get people ranting and shouting in my face about Head Office policies that I had no influence over.

So whilst the public representative is doing their best and trying to assist, please be civil.

If they are rude or dismissive that's a very different thing, but some people go in all guns blazing and the poor employee just cops it. Imagine if your job was to be shouted at and abused day in, day out?

I've found by being polite and courteous I usually get what I need to be resolved quickly and efficently so I don't roll over and accept 2nd best - but I also try not to be a git either.

I do accept at times though if you're getting nowhere THEN is the time to ramp things up if the civil approach isn't working!

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Apparently I'm very patronising and intimidating. I've had cold callers hang up on me because I end up getting more info from them!

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

". Imagine if your job was to be shouted at and abused day in, day out?

"

That's the job description of a traffic warden

over a year ago

I am usually rubbish face to face..

I would much rather put pen to paper (old fashioned I know) or send an email as I am very effective when it comes to letter writing, especially complaint letters, and can usually get my point across much better that way

over a year ago

Totally depends on how the customer is towards me, as a rule I'm very helpful and polite.

I'm always polite as I how it feels when someone screams in my face for somthing that is not my fault.

By *reakShow90Man
over a year ago

Manchester/halifax

As I have worked with the public 7 years before going on to nights for the last 3 I have found most are happy if you treat and talk to them as you would any one else not ass kissing not no sir yes sir just talk to them as you would in a pub and they seem to get on with you better I have found

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I stay calm, friendly and polite. And get a clear sense of my ideal outcome as well as how that may be achieved.

I get them to repeat back their understanding of my issues, so I can tell if they've grasped it - that can save time as they otherwise solve the wrong problem.

I may refer to contractual specifications.

And after hearing their proposed solution then I'll suggest alternatives, if it doesn't meet my expectations.

Keep it simple, polite and refer or deal with someone else, if they have insufficient power etc.

And always thank them, even if they couldn't really do much to help - it may not be them but their organisation or processes that stops them really helping as they'd like to.

Don't get into arguments or over long debate or go off track. Stay focused.

If you get an agreement then ask for written confirmation. If they don't do this, follow up to organisation with your written summary, where it's an important point or valuable service etc.

Write and thank or praise the staff where they do great things, where it's sent to their manager.

Post new Message to Thread