FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mods, admin, site owners... to whoever it applies...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why are the forums public?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I should imagine because they are public forums?

By *opman1111Man
over a year ago

belfast

If they're forums for people to participate in why would they be private? Would sort of defeat the purpose

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The ability to have an e-mail address and set up a basic account will keep the nasties out

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I think Admin answered this a while back with, if someone wants to view the forum it takes seconds to join anyway.

The DS reporter obviously did this going by the SS

over a year ago

If they were private no one would see them?!

over a year ago

"The ability to have an e-mail address and set up a basic account will keep the nasties out "

Really

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i understand what you mean... you can read them but not respond....

which is why i cringe when i see people talking about social venue details on posts....

there are a few times where i could guess where they are being being held just from posts....

and you are asking for and random people or journalists to turn up....

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

So glad I've nothing to hide

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

And when I say public, I mean public to the whole of the internet without them needing to log into the site

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"So glad I've nothing to hide "

You must be famous now, do people now stop you in the streets for autographs if you wear cap sleeves?

over a year ago

"And when I say public, I mean public to the whole of the internet without them needing to log into the site "

Yeah , totally agree with you .

It's a no brainer and an obvious flaw on fab .

There can be no justifiable reason to have the forums open to the whole of the Internet can there ?

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

I don't have any problems with the forums being public, I would prefer if the avs and usernames were blanked out more but that doesn't stop reporters like Lily Waddell of the Star joining and lurking in the background

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Any site you can join in on within minutes so it is all the more reason not to put personal information on the forum and not just about socials

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

"Any site you can join in on within minutes so it is all the more reason not to put personal information on the forum and not just about socials "

Sound advice

over a year ago

I suppose with it being public its free advertising and ppl joinning then paying site supporter for for the sex feast that never happens!

All about £££££ our privacy dont matter

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"So glad I've nothing to hide

You must be famous now, do people now stop you in the streets for autographs if you wear cap sleeves? "

The paps camping on my door step is a bit of a pisser but we'll the price of fame I suppose

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I suppose with it being public its free advertising and ppl joinning then paying site supporter for for the sex feast that never happens!

All about £££££ our privacy dont matter "

Your privacy is your choice. You can choose not to join a forum that can be seen by the public. You can choose not to post photos of yourself. You can choose not to give away personal information. Your privacy is not anyone's responsibility but your own.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I suppose with it being public its free advertising and ppl joinning then paying site supporter for for the sex feast that never happens!

Your privacy is your choice. You can choose not to join a forum that can be seen by the public. You can choose not to post photos of yourself. You can choose not to give away personal information. Your privacy is not anyone's responsibility but your own. "

From what I recall our piccies are pixelated anyhoooo ( Scottish accent for those that need it )

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

Did the reporter use the popular username UNLOS?

over a year ago

Your privacy is your choice. You can choose not to join a forum that can be seen by the public. You can choose not to post photos of yourself. You can choose not to give away personal information. Your privacy is not anyone's responsibility but your own. "

Exactly this.

I don't really see the issue with it being public.

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

"The ability to have an e-mail address and set up a basic account will keep the nasties out "

Most nasties..

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"The ability to have an e-mail address and set up a basic account will keep the nasties out

Most nasties.."

There's always the odd prick going to get through though

over a year ago

As long as your photis are set to open to site member only, then you should be fine. No one will hopefully recognise you from what you write.

over a year ago

"As long as your photis are set to open to site member only, then you should be fine. No one will hopefully recognise you from what you write. "

I dunno....the amount of personal information some people write on here sometimes makes me

over a year ago

"As long as your photis are set to open to site member only, then you should be fine. No one will hopefully recognise you from what you write.

I dunno....the amount of personal information some people write on here sometimes makes me "

True! I try and keep things to a minimum in case someone I know is snooping around on the forums.

over a year ago

Your privacy is your choice. You can choose not to join a forum that can be seen by the public. You can choose not to post photos of yourself. You can choose not to give away personal information. Your privacy is not anyone's responsibility but your own.

Exactly this.

I don't really see the issue with it being public. "

There's been a story in the papers pretty much every week recently. And people are still surprised that people can see their profile. The mind boggles.

over a year ago

Silly Season - happens all the time - nothing new there.

over a year ago

Exactly this.

I don't really see the issue with it being public.

There's been a story in the papers pretty much every week recently. And people are still surprised that people can see their profile. The mind boggles. "

Really? I haven't seen anything in the papers.

On the flipside I read the forums and not the papers.

By *rs DCouple
over a year ago

far

"And when I say public, I mean public to the whole of the internet without them needing to log into the site

There can be no justifiable reason to have the forums open to the whole of the Internet can there ? "

over a year ago

"As long as your photis are set to open to site member only, then you should be fine. No one will hopefully recognise you from what you write.

I dunno....the amount of personal information some people write on here sometimes makes me "

The ones with their mobile number in their status make me roll my eyes......

over a year ago

So still no reason to have the forum open to the whole of the Internet .

Just advice to keep your photos private , and not to say anything you don't want the world to see .

Oh well , best take heed then ...

All pics with our faces on are now gone , and we will consider as to whether we continue to use the forum .....

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Every forum I've used has been open to the public, swinging or otherwise. This isn't a new thing and I'd guess it's probably in the T's & C's that all of us agreed to when we signed up. I say I guess cause I don't think I've ever read them on any site I use.

I'm of the view that if I post something publicly on the internet, whether it's an opinion or a photo then I have to be prepared for it to be seen by other people regardless of who they are or why they're looking.

I've nothing to hide. I wouldn't dance on the front page of the local rag but if they're dredging swinging sites looking for their next scandal then they're unlikely to find it on my profile.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Every forum I've used has been open to the public, swinging or otherwise. This isn't a new thing and I'd guess it's probably in the T's & C's that all of us agreed to when we signed up. I say I guess cause I don't think I've ever read them on any site I use.

I'm of the view that if I post something publicly on the internet, whether it's an opinion or a photo then I have to be prepared for it to be seen by other people regardless of who they are or why they're looking.

I've nothing to hide. I wouldn't dance on the front page of the local rag but if they're dredging swinging sites looking for their next scandal then they're unlikely to find it on my profile. "

Think that pretty much sums it up for me to. Photos are all to easily stolen from here or most other sites. Think the golden rule has to be for any site be it here shitebok or anywhere if you don't want it going public don't post it. It's hardly brain surgery folks just common sense....

over a year ago

"Every forum I've used has been open to the public, swinging or otherwise. This isn't a new thing and I'd guess it's probably in the T's & C's that all of us agreed to when we signed up. I say I guess cause I don't think I've ever read them on any site I use.

I've nothing to hide. I wouldn't dance on the front page of the local rag but if they're dredging swinging sites looking for their next scandal then they're unlikely to find it on my profile.

Think that pretty much sums it up for me to. Photos are all to easily stolen from here or most other sites. Think the golden rule has to be for any site be it here shitebok or anywhere if you don't want it going public don't post it. It's hardly brain surgery folks just common sense...."

I'm sure I've seen your avatar somewhere recently, just can't think where.....

*scratches head.....

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Think that pretty much sums it up for me to. Photos are all to easily stolen from here or most other sites. Think the golden rule has to be for any site be it here shitebok or anywhere if you don't want it going public don't post it. It's hardly brain surgery folks just common sense....

*scratches head....."

Shit I'm not on crime watch again am I

over a year ago

Don't exactly have to go through an initiation ceremony or M15 background check to become a member of fab. Consequently you'd have to be extremely naïve if you put info/pics etc in public domain on here if you didn't want people to see or know about you.

If in doubt, don't put it out!!

over a year ago

"And when I say public, I mean public to the whole of the internet without them needing to log into the site

There can be no justifiable reason to have the forums open to the whole of the Internet can there ? "

over a year ago

Think that pretty much sums it up for me to. Photos are all to easily stolen from here or most other sites. Think the golden rule has to be for any site be it here shitebok or anywhere if you don't want it going public don't post it. It's hardly brain surgery folks just common sense...."

Mad innit.

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

*scratches head.....

Shit I'm not on crime watch again am I "

it was intercepters when you was whizzing up the m60

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

*scratches head.....

Shit I'm not on crime watch again am I it was intercepters when you was whizzing up the m60 "

Now come on it has to be a fit up have you seen the state of the m60 even I can't whiz up that pile of shite

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

*scratches head.....

Shit I'm not on crime watch again am I it was intercepters when you was whizzing up the m60

Now come on it has to be a fit up have you seen the state of the m60 even I can't whiz up that pile of shite "

it was a repeat you should ask for royalitys

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

*scratches head.....

Shit I'm not on crime watch again am I it was intercepters when you was whizzing up the m60

Now come on it has to be a fit up have you seen the state of the m60 even I can't whiz up that pile of shite it was a repeat you should ask for royalitys "

In that case I'll call my brief.... again

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

*scratches head.....

Now come on it has to be a fit up have you seen the state of the m60 even I can't whiz up that pile of shite it was a repeat you should ask for royalitys

In that case I'll call my brief.... again "

Busy briefs Bladey!

Well it is a swinging site

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

*scratches head.....

Now come on it has to be a fit up have you seen the state of the m60 even I can't whiz up that pile of shite it was a repeat you should ask for royalitys

In that case I'll call my brief.... again

Busy briefs Bladey!

Well it is a swinging site "

I'm putting his kids through collage

over a year ago

"So still no reason to have the forum open to the whole of the Internet .

Just advice to keep your photos private , and not to say anything you don't want the world to see .

All pics with our faces on are now gone , and we will consider as to whether we continue to use the forum ....."

You're possibly the most 'famous' couple on here for the last few years. Face pics were on show for all that time. Why the decision to change that now?

over a year ago

All pics with our faces on are now gone , and we will consider as to whether we continue to use the forum .....

You're possibly the most 'famous' couple on here for the last few years. Face pics were on show for all that time. Why the decision to change that now?"

Call us nieve , daft , stupid or whatever but we really didn't know that anyone on the net could see our pics

over a year ago

You're possibly the most 'famous' couple on here for the last few years. Face pics were on show for all that time. Why the decision to change that now?

Call us nieve , daft , stupid or whatever but we really didn't know that anyone on the net could see our pics "

xx

over a year ago

Hmmm...didnt knowm this see ya!

over a year ago

Has anyone met Lily Waddell...... Was she a good shag? Did you verify her?

over a year ago

"Hmmm...didnt knowm this see ya! "

Same. No need at all to be totally public. Obviously it's a given that people can sign up for free but they still have to. Also what is discussed among fellow swingers is not what would be discussed with vanilla folk, and certainly not to be visible on a search!

over a year ago

Call us nieve , daft , stupid or whatever but we really didn't know that anyone on the net could see our pics "

If I recall there's an option to have your photos pixelated for anyone browsing the interwebs.

Doesn't stop people who are logged on to Fab seeing them of course.

over a year ago

"Hmmm...didnt knowm this see ya!

Same. No need at all to be totally public. Obviously it's a given that people can sign up for free but they still have to. Also what is discussed among fellow swingers is not what would be discussed with vanilla folk, and certainly not to be visible on a search!"

over a year ago

Call us nieve , daft , stupid or whatever but we really didn't know that anyone on the net could see our pics

If I recall there's an option to have your photos pixelated for anyone browsing the interwebs.

Doesn't stop people who are logged on to Fab seeing them of course."

The photos are pixelated automatically to non members.

Of course it doesn't stop people joining the site to see the pics. As for the discussions anything you put on the internet is out there for others to access. People surely aren't that naive to think that anything would stay private and can't be open to abuse?

over a year ago

They are.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Of course it doesn't stop people joining the site to see the pics. As for the discussions anything you put on the internet is out there for others to access. People surely aren't that naive to think that anything would stay private and can't be open to abuse?"

Obviously some are that naive. Not just here. The amount of cases we deal with for people being disciplined/dismissed for things they've sent via social media, WhatsApp groups, emails etc is staggering.

over a year ago

Of course it doesn't stop people joining the site to see the pics. As for the discussions anything you put on the internet is out there for others to access. People surely aren't that naive to think that anything would stay private and can't be open to abuse?"

It's not just there for others to access, it's there forever.....

over a year ago

Well here's the thing .

Anyone who posts on the forums will find their name and their posts from the forums when you google your username and fabswingers

So Google Scarlet Seduction fabswingers ....

And the same for anyone else who has posted on the forum .

The security measures the site offers like hiding from the search engines doesn't work with regard to the forums .

Why ?

Because the forum is open to the whole web .

Which brings us back to the original post .

Why are the forums open , thereby allowing anyone who posts to be seen by all and sundry ?

It's any wonder very few members use the forum

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

If you google while logged in it will show your posts if your settings are not set to blocked from search engines, try it logged out

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"If you google while logged in it will show your posts if your settings are not set to blocked from search engines, try it logged out "

Actually they don't show either way if you have your settings right.

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/privacy

By *ilmissplumpyWoman
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

All pics with our faces on are now gone , and we will consider as to whether we continue to use the forum ....."

My pics are friends only & if i send a pic i tick the little box that deletes them after reading....

T'Internet is a wonderful thing when used properly

LMN

over a year ago

"If you google while logged in it will show your posts if your settings are not set to blocked from search engines, try it logged out

https://www.fabswingers.com/my/privacy "

Sorry but that doesn't happen either way .

Type in your username followed by fabswingers and they come up .

over a year ago

My pics are friends only & if i send a pic i tick the little box that deletes them after reading....

T'Internet is a wonderful thing when used properly

LMN"

They can still save your pic to their phone or computer if they want to.

By *retty FolliesCouple (FF)
over a year ago

south

over a year ago

"If you google while logged in it will show your posts if your settings are not set to blocked from search engines, try it logged out

Type in your username followed by fabswingers and they come up ."

I don't see what the problem is with that though....people in real life don't know me as Scarlet seduction so they would need access to the site to have any chance of recognising me....so having a public forum makes no difference, surely?

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"i understand what you mean... you can read them but not respond....

which is why i cringe when i see people talking about social venue details on posts....

there are a few times where i could guess where they are being being held just from posts....

and you are asking for and random people or journalists to turn up...."

Hence the Secret Tea Party location remaining secret.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Type in your username followed by fabswingers and they come up ."

Why would anyone who doesn't know we are on here do that? They would have to know our username and which sites we were on. Then when they found it they would have to figure out from an odd unrecognisable pic and some forum posts with no personal information in who we were.

I started using the internet many moons ago and have always had the same rules for myself, no pics that can identify me and no personal information. It has worked fine for me and mine

Post new Message to Thread