FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Going off the "favourite childhood reads"...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone else remember when your teacher would read to the class for a while at the end of the day? I remember it being done in by all my class teachers, especially when my family moved towns when I was 7.

Does anyone know from their kids if it's still done in their school or did it die out?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No they still do it in the lower years, my wife was a primary school teacher before she had to take medical retirement

over a year ago

"No they still do it in the lower years, my wife was a primary school teacher before she had to take medical retirement"

Oh good

Yeah, I think my school stopped it when people reached Year 6.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Do you mean story time?

over a year ago

Do people still read a bedtime story to their young children?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Do people still read a bedtime story to their young children?

"

i think so, 6.30 after bath we had it

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

used to read to my daughter at night now like me has a love of reading

my local libray also does story time twice a week

over a year ago

My daugters still have story time i think its a bit more interactive these days which i think is a good thing.

I read to them every night before bed and its always one more lol

I think its also important to limit the time they spend on electronic devices such as tablets etc - i feel its important for them to play with the physical as well as some virtual

over a year ago

"

Yep I do he is 2.5 and his favourite story is the gingerbread boy, so far I have read it every night for 4 weeks I tried him on another story but he wasn't happy untill I read the gingerbread boy .

I now know it off by heart and hate the story with a passion

By *rtemisiaWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

Every Wednesday afternoon, my junior school teacher used to tell us the story of The Count of Monte Christo from memory. It was great! Then when I got home, my gran, who always visited on Wednesdays, would bring me a cream egg. How I loved Wednesdays!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"used to read to my daughter at night now like me has a love of reading

my local libray also does story time twice a week"

oh thusday nights was library night here, the kids used to all take a teddy and lounge around in the kids corner and have story time. I do miss my son being little

over a year ago

"

I used to read a bedtime story to my son up until he turned 9...now he reads his own before bed instead

over a year ago

Yep I do he is 2.5 and his favourite story is the gingerbread boy, so far I have read it every night for 4 weeks I tried him on another story but he wasn't happy untill I read the gingerbread boy .

I now know it off by heart and hate the story with a passion "

When my son was little, he went through a stage of loving anything to do with trains and his favourite book was an educational one about trains and steam engines. God, that was mind numbingly boring having to read bits of that to him every bloody night

over a year ago

When my son was little, he went through a stage of loving anything to do with trains and his favourite book was an educational one about trains and steam engines. God, that was mind numbingly boring having to read bits of that to him every bloody night "

Oh he is going through the train stage at the moment, he has to go to bed with Thomas the tank engine, percy, Toby and a rather large green steam engine toy. I'm surprised their is any room left in bed for him

over a year ago

I probably won't read short stories to my kids for bedtime stories each night, but I'll read them a chapter or two instead.

over a year ago

When my son was little, he went through a stage of loving anything to do with trains and his favourite book was an educational one about trains and steam engines. God, that was mind numbingly boring having to read bits of that to him every bloody night

Oh he is going through the train stage at the moment, he has to go to bed with Thomas the tank engine, percy, Toby and a rather large green steam engine toy. I'm surprised their is any room left in bed for him "

Yep, my son was the same. Thank god at 17 he's now grown out of it

Post new Message to Thread