Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nose picking.......

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

News item on BBC tonight.

Superbug bacterial resistance to antibiotics is becoming a big problem. Research is now going on into "good" bacteria found in the human nose! One has been isolated which is, so far, looking to be very effective against MRSA and other such resistant strains (in tests on mice at least).

So I'm wondering if picking your nose and eating the bogeys [admit it....many of us did as children] could actually protect us against these bugs?

Thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Mmmmm yummy.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I saw the report earlier today. It's great news if they can make this work.

I think they might need to find a way of making other people's bogey's palatable though if we're to use the treatment.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

over a year ago

How do they come up with all this stuff. Mrsa is a bacteria which can live in the nose so how is it a good bacteria lol.

The reason bugs are becoming more resistant to antibiotics is from over use. People being prescribed them for such like as common colds or general bugs. Look at a couple of years ago when swine flu was about, hundreds of people thought because they had a cold it was swine flu so we're given tammiflu pointless to be honest as honey and lemon would have worked better.

We get sick we go the Drs for antibiotics next time we do the same and again our body builds immunity which means bugs spread quicker and become stronger to kill.

Antibiotics should only be used for bacterial infections which are quite unusual.

over a year ago

In 10 years time lack of antibiotics will kill more people than all current disease put together - scary stuff

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

" [admit it....many of us did as children]"

Some of us still do

Post new Message to Thread