Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bo and smells

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm

Up front with people if the smell ! There's just no need for it . How would you tell someone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Tactfully. Had to do it at work, never an easy conversation to have.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Chuck them a can of Lynx and ask if they dropped it

over a year ago

"Chuck them a can of Lynx and ask if they dropped it "

That's not going to work with a woman

By *abes in the woodWoman
over a year ago

wales

It say need to put more spray on in this weather.

over a year ago

Just keep calling them stinky or pengo, they'll soon get the message.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Tactfully

By *allyandJonCouple
over a year ago

manchester

We find it a real turn off and move away ASAP can't understand why some people fail on basic hygiene

over a year ago

evesham

"We find it a real turn off and move away ASAP can't understand why some people fail on basic hygiene"

When I dealt with it at work it was due to cultural or religious beliefs....and wearing a jumper in summer didn't help.

over a year ago

evesham

"Chuck them a can of Lynx and ask if they dropped it

That's not going to work with a woman "

Women can wear lynx you know. Used to love a bit of Africa when I was at school lol

over a year ago

"We find it a real turn off and move away ASAP can't understand why some people fail on basic hygiene

When I dealt with it at work it was due to cultural or religious beliefs....and wearing a jumper in summer didn't help. "

If you don't mind me asking which religion forbids washing ?

over a year ago

evesham

"We find it a real turn off and move away ASAP can't understand why some people fail on basic hygiene

When I dealt with it at work it was due to cultural or religious beliefs....and wearing a jumper in summer didn't help.

If you don't mind me asking which religion forbids washing ?"

Of course I don't mind

I don't believe I said it was that they forbade washing but in this instance they certainly did not shave under their arms or use any man made deodorants on their body which, coupled with warm weather and the fact they insisted on wearing Woollen jumpers in the height of summer meant that there was an odour about their person.

Whether or not they were telling me the truth about it being religious I don't know, perhaps they were using that so that I could not question further but that was my experience when I dealt with this situation.

I trust that has satisfied your curiosity.

over a year ago

If you don't mind me asking which religion forbids washing ?

Of course I don't mind

I don't believe I said it was that they forbade washing but in this instance they certainly did not shave under their arms or use any man made deodorants on their body which, coupled with warm weather and the fact they insisted on wearing Woollen jumpers in the height of summer meant that there was an odour about their person.

Whether or not they were telling me the truth about it being religious I don't know, perhaps they were using that so that I could not question further but that was my experience when I dealt with this situation.

I trust that has satisfied your curiosity. "

Sort off. I know Sikhs don't cut their hair but I'm not sure about shaving, and surely soap is man made so they couldn't use that either I presume. No wonder there was a pen about them.

I'm off for a google as I am slightly baffled.

over a year ago

evesham

I googled too lol there is a certain pilgrimage called Ihram or Hajj which has restrictions on the use of scents.....taken from good old wiki...

Aside from being as clean (purified) as they are for prayer, male Muslims are expected to refrain from cutting their nails, and trimming their hair and beards. They must also not wear any scent, including deodorant. They have to wear Ihram clothing, which is a white, seamless garment. Many also shave their head as this is considered hygienic. Most will wait to shave their heads until after they have finished Umrah or Hajj, as this is a requirement to leave the state of Ihram. Female Muslims are also expected to be clean. During the pilgrimage, sexual activity, smoking and swearing are also forbidden.

Other forbidden activities include killing animals, using profane language, quarrelling or fighting, and taking oaths, in addition to any other regularly prohibited acts. Males should also refrain from looking at women. Women must exercise strict modesty in their appearance and should not apply make-up, perfume or any other cosmetics.

Also, Muslims are not allowed to use scented soap. Unscented soap is available for pilgrims during hajj. All flirtatious, arrogant and rude thoughts are to be put aside, as well as day-to-day life. Muslims must forget about studies, business and relationships, and focus on God.

over a year ago

Hand then some deodorant

over a year ago

"I googled too lol there is a certain pilgrimage called Ihram or Hajj which has restrictions on the use of scents.....taken from good old wiki...

Aside from being as clean (purified) as they are for prayer, male Muslims are expected to refrain from cutting their nails, and trimming their hair and beards. They must also not wear any scent, including deodorant. They have to wear Ihram clothing, which is a white, seamless garment. Many also shave their head as this is considered hygienic. Most will wait to shave their heads until after they have finished Umrah or Hajj, as this is a requirement to leave the state of Ihram. Female Muslims are also expected to be clean. During the pilgrimage, sexual activity, smoking and swearing are also forbidden.

Other forbidden activities include killing animals, using profane language, quarrelling or fighting, and taking oaths, in addition to any other regularly prohibited acts. Males should also refrain from looking at women. Women must exercise strict modesty in their appearance and should not apply make-up, perfume or any other cosmetics.

Also, Muslims are not allowed to use scented soap. Unscented soap is available for pilgrims during hajj. All flirtatious, arrogant and rude thoughts are to be put aside, as well as day-to-day life. Muslims must forget about studies, business and relationships, and focus on God."

Thank you

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

You would be out of order to just insult someone.

You would only do this with respect and tact.

If you're a man that likes to lick for hours, then she may be your next project.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I'm

Up front with people if the smell ! There's just no need for it . How would you tell someone"

Actually, there are people who have a medical condition which means they have a noticeable smell whatever the circumstances.

My mate has it - goes and has a shower, comes out and there's still an unusual smell.

It's debilitating and embarrassing for many sufferers, so we should be careful, I think.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"I'm

Up front with people if the smell ! There's just no need for it . How would you tell someone

Actually, there are people who have a medical condition which means they have a noticeable smell whatever the circumstances.

My mate has it - goes and has a shower, comes out and there's still an unusual smell.

It's debilitating and embarrassing for many sufferers, so we should be careful, I think."

My (his) thoughts exactly. Worked with a lady who had a rare skin condition causing blisters, she had to air them and the smell was terrible, she was utterly mortified.

By *eekguy321Man
over a year ago

Leicester

If you don't mind me asking which religion forbids washing ?"

The wicked witch of the East religion

By *w33tCh33ks91TV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

I would tactfully pull out my perfume and spritz them without them knowing... Haha jokes!

It is an awful convo to have but the person would hopefully thank you in the long run... x

over a year ago

"I'm

Up front with people if the smell ! There's just no need for it . How would you tell someone"

I don't I just move away

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Overheard this little exchange recently

Can I smell your fanny

No you can't

Must be your breath then

over a year ago

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I googled too lol there is a certain pilgrimage called Ihram or Hajj which has restrictions on the use of scents.....taken from good old wiki...

Also, Muslims are not allowed to use scented soap. Unscented soap is available for pilgrims during hajj. All flirtatious, arrogant and rude thoughts are to be put aside, as well as day-to-day life. Muslims must forget about studies, business and relationships, and focus on God."

And what has this got to do with washing/using soap on a regular basis??!!!

over a year ago

evesham

Also, Muslims are not allowed to use scented soap. Unscented soap is available for pilgrims during hajj. All flirtatious, arrogant and rude thoughts are to be put aside, as well as day-to-day life. Muslims must forget about studies, business and relationships, and focus on God.

"

Nothing but then I never said it did. Perhaps read the whole thread?

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Nothing but then I never said it did. Perhaps read the whole thread? "

Ah...a pointless statement then...

over a year ago

evesham

Nothing but then I never said it did. Perhaps read the whole thread?

Ah...a pointless statement then..."

not really....the thread was about BO and smells, not washing....again, reading would help you out there

Post new Message to Thread