Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A good little sort out

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When my dad died i aquired a huge box of photos and never looked at them. My son routed them out the other week and i told him to leave them out.

I went through it yesterday and oh the things i found. photos i didnt know existed, my old school reports and work books from when i was an infant. Photos of all my dads family, a calender/christmas card someone had sent in 1937. Right box of treasures. Sadly many of the photos wouldnt mean anything to anyone else as they wouldnt know who they where. Photos of my mum that i have serious dress envy as id wear all the outfits she wore when she was 17 + and an amazing one of my mum that im using as my pension scheme to blackmail her with.

And on every photo of me in a dress up till im 11 there seems to be no bottom half they all stop just past my bum with my fat legs poking out and they where fat legs lol.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love rooting through memorabilia. Most of mine was lost when I left my husband,but I have photos and some of mine and my children's school reports. I kept a dress I bought my eldest child when she was 1 and she has a teddy my tutor made for her,which is 35 years old.

over a year ago

I don't mind photos of myself as a child; I was skinny with long blonde hair. Now I'm fat and grey

over a year ago

Ah happy memories OP, I love having little nostalgic moments.

When my Mum moved house a few years ago she gave me a few things she found, old photos, school reports, pictures I'd drawn, rosettes I'd won for art shows etc even a few locks of hair and my first tooth! Some of the things I'm really surprised she kept but I'm glad she did - it's great looking back!

I was definitely at my 'cuteness peak' at about 3 years old!

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Ah happy memories OP, I love having little nostalgic moments.

When my Mum moved house a few years ago she gave me a few things she found, old photos, school reports, pictures I'd drawn, rosettes I'd won for art shows etc even a few locks of hair and my first tooth! Some of the things I'm really surprised she kept but I'm glad she did - it's great looking back!

I was definitely at my 'cuteness peak' at about 3 years old! "

yes 3 was my cute period when fat legs where still like baby fat

Post new Message to Thread