Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Heads Together and Prince Harry

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I saw the television news piece about Heads Together with Prince Harry talking about mental health.

His openness about wishing he had spoken about his mother's death sooner made me wonder whether he's had therapy recently.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think she'd be very proud of them both. They are doing some brilliant work.

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

I'm sure it's all very worthy but they're a bunch of privileged, inbred cretins who'd never have to struggle like normal people to access mental health services or deal with a severe and enduring mental health condition in a flat on their own while they couldn't even afford to put the heating on.

Sorry.

over a year ago

Haters are gonna hate them but I think their mother would be very proud of them and everything they have achieved (no one mention THAT costume...ahem!)

Yes they may have been born into world but they are making a difference with their status, not like Beatrice or her sister

G x

over a year ago

"I'm sure it's all very worthy but they're a bunch of privileged, inbred cretins who'd never have to struggle like normal people to access mental health services or deal with a severe and enduring mental health condition in a flat on their own while they couldn't even afford to put the heating on.

Sorry.

"

I think the six charities that have come together to form Heads Together will be dealing with those struggling to get a referral. If the royal connection helps get mental health services better resources I'm all for it. The six are:

YoungMinds

Best Beginnings

CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably

Contact (a military mental health coalition)

Place2Be

TheMix

Mind

over a year ago

"I'm sure it's all very worthy but they're a bunch of privileged, inbred cretins who'd never have to struggle like normal people to access mental health services or deal with a severe and enduring mental health condition in a flat on their own while they couldn't even afford to put the heating on.

Sorry.

"

Both Harry and William have served

Their country in the Armed Forces....have you ?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Losing your mother at a young age is terrible,going through pubity and having to keep a face on.

Mental illness can affect anyone and if it wasnt for a king having mental illness it might not be addressed to this day

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Sorry.

"

No but he has had to struggle with deep and enduring personal loss. A loss he is reminded of publicly time and time again, having to deal with conspiracy theories that his own grandmother orchestrated the murder of his mother. Regardless of privilege that's a lot to deal with and to dismiss his struggle with what sounds like bitter jealousy is crass in my opinion

Just because he might have access to private services doesn't mean he hasn't had to struggle to come to the personal realisation that he needs to ask for some help which can be a major battle.

over a year ago

Sorry.

"

Generally I'd agree with a lot of what you say there

BUT, Harry is more down to earth and I think he's seen first hand with people he's met who have been injured in the armed services how mental health can affect even the strongest.

It maybe made him think about how he had to put on a brave face and show no public emotion after his mothers death when all he probably wanted was to be alone and grieve. It would have had a profound effect on him.

over a year ago

Sorry.

No but he has had to struggle with deep and enduring personal loss. A loss he is reminded of publicly time and time again, having to deal with conspiracy theories that his own grandmother orchestrated the murder of his mother. Regardless of privilege that's a lot to deal with and to dismiss his struggle with what sounds like bitter jealousy is crass in my opinion

Just because he might have access to private services doesn't mean he hasn't had to struggle to come to the personal realisation that he needs to ask for some help which can be a major battle. "

I also wonder what it must do to your head to have the press constantly stating your father is not the man who brought you up.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Sorry.

Just because he might have access to private services doesn't mean he hasn't had to struggle to come to the personal realisation that he needs to ask for some help which can be a major battle.

I also wonder what it must do to your head to have the press constantly stating your father is not the man who brought you up.

"

And to be constantly judged for living a life you were born into, with nothing you do ever bring right or good enough for people. Be a good time Charlie partying it up big style and you are squandering the tax payers money..

.try to lend your voice and support to some well deserving causes and you are a cretin and only doing it to look good because Lord knows your privileged upbringing gives you an iron clad guarantee that you can never experience mental health problems.

over a year ago

Sorry.

"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Tell you what money cant buy, compassion and both harry and william have it inabundance

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Look at someone like frank bruno, think he can afford to put his heating on doesnt stop him having relapses, what about robin williams. Mental illness isnt a poor mans illness

over a year ago

Sorry.

"

tend to agree..admirable as charity fundraising is for something like this, actively lobbying for proper goverment funding would be better...charities are increasingly shoring up holes left by cutbacks and that can only be a short term solution.

over a year ago

Sorry.

tend to agree..admirable as charity fundraising is for something like this, actively lobbying for proper goverment funding would be better...charities are increasingly shoring up holes left by cutbacks and that can only be a short term solution."

Young Minds does lobby for better core resources in the NHS.

over a year ago

Sorry.

And to be constantly judged for living a life you were born into, with nothing you do ever bring right or good enough for people. Be a good time Charlie partying it up big style and you are squandering the tax payers money..

.try to lend your voice and support to some well deserving causes and you are a cretin and only doing it to look good because Lord knows your privileged upbringing gives you an iron clad guarantee that you can never experience mental health problems. "

over a year ago

Sorry.

tend to agree..admirable as charity fundraising is for something like this, actively lobbying for proper goverment funding would be better...charities are increasingly shoring up holes left by cutbacks and that can only be a short term solution.

"

they will all have their own lobbyists i would imagine...i meant harry

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't know Harry personally but it's good that they're opening mental health support services in some way, to help with the enormous gap that the government has allowed to be created. I certainly feel for him, after having lost his mother whilst he was so young. At least he's opening up, in ways that the older generations haven't in the past.

over a year ago

Sorry.

they will all have their own lobbyists i would imagine...i meant harry"

I understand, but they (Young Minds, who lead the Heads Together partnership) have asked Harry, William and Kate to host this to get the press attention and lobby that way.

By *layboi69Man
over a year ago

alfreton

Fuck the royals

over a year ago

Sorry.

Just because he might have access to private services doesn't mean he hasn't had to struggle to come to the personal realisation that he needs to ask for some help which can be a major battle. "

over a year ago

"Fuck the royals "

By *etter the devil you knowWoman
over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"Losing your mother at a young age is terrible,going through pubity and having to keep a face on.

Mental illness can affect anyone and if it wasnt for a king having mental illness it might not be addressed to this day"

Good for him i admire him for this very much, him and his brother have been very brave after losing their mother which i think is down to there good upbringing.

And like he says anyone can suffer from mental illness no matter how rich you are.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Think it's excellent he's spoken the way he has, especially he's operated in a pretty macho institution like the army and was born into one which would have discouraged shows of emotions etc until recent times.

I'm a republican - I can't see my opinion on that ever changing. However, it's perfectly possible to like certain individuals in the family without liking the institution. I do that with Harry (who wishes he was free of the institution himself in some ways too).

I don't think he's special in any way. I have more concern for the soldier from a council estate in Manchester who returns mentally impaired from a war zone with none of the wealth and privileges that Harry enjoys. I think he recognises that too and has tried to do his "bit" in his own way to support others though.

over a year ago

Sorry.

"

.....plus being shipped off to boarding school at6yrs old, by "loving" parents. ...lol

over a year ago

"Think it's excellent he's spoken the way he has, especially he's operated in a pretty macho institution like the army and was born into one which would have discouraged shows of emotions etc until recent times.

I'm a republican - I can't see my opinion on that ever changing. However, it's perfectly possible to like certain individuals in the family without liking the institution. I do that with Harry (who wishes he was free of the institution himself in some ways too).

I don't think he's special in any way. I have more concern for the soldier from a council estate in Manchester who returns mentally impaired from a war zone with none of the wealth and privileges that Harry enjoys. I think he recognises that too and has tried to do his "bit" in his own way to support others though. "

He's not a celebrity. He can't decide to go back to being unkown. Hating the guy for something he was born into just seems ridiculous me. He's doing what he can.

Which is more than the haters are doing.

over a year ago

He's a sound man. I know someone who trained him in the army. A natural leader and an excellent soldier. He is using his status to make a difference, and I for one admire him. We need people like him to speak up on these things.

over a year ago

jesus jean mabe instead of bashing the poor lad for what he does have we should be patting him on the back for raising awareness and highlighting a real problem issue many of us face due to our mental health

For far too long mental health has carried stigma and been viewed as a well you cant see it so it cant be that bad kind of condition when the truth is it can be bloody devostating to peoples lives and any highlighting of the issues faced by sufferers and their families should be welcomed with open arms

The mere fact this thread is on a swingers forum shows that harry was deffo the right person for the job coz its got people talking and as a sufferer of bi polar disorder who has struggled to access care and treatment i bloody commend harry for speaking out and putting his name to the cause

over a year ago

"Think it's excellent he's spoken the way he has, especially he's operated in a pretty macho institution like the army and was born into one which would have discouraged shows of emotions etc until recent times.

I don't think he's special in any way. I have more concern for the soldier from a council estate in Manchester who returns mentally impaired from a war zone with none of the wealth and privileges that Harry enjoys. I think he recognises that too and has tried to do his "bit" in his own way to support others though.

He's not a celebrity. He can't decide to go back to being unkown. Hating the guy for something he was born into just seems ridiculous me. He's doing what he can.

Which is more than the haters are doing. "

Exactly

over a year ago

I'm not a big lover of the royal family, BUT (and it's a big but!!) I have been won over by William and Kate and their two adorable children and Harry. Yes, they were born into privilege and riches most of us could only dream of, but do you honestly think all those riches would mean a jot compared to having your mother taken from you at such an young age? What those boys are doing is making a difference. It would be easy to sit back and do nothing, but they have chosen causes such as mental health and aids to raise awareness.

Mental Health is still one of those issues that is whispered about. Raising awareness educates people. If the outcome is someone seeking help, or families and loved ones knowing where to turn for support then that is brilliant.

Yes Mental Health Services, especially for children, are grossly under funded, but services will only be commissioned where there is the greatest need....and that starts by raising awareness.

over a year ago

"I'm not a big lover of the royal family, BUT (and it's a big but!!) I have been won over by William and Kate and their two adorable children and Harry. Yes, they were born into privilege and riches most of us could only dream of, but do you honestly think all those riches would mean a jot compared to having your mother taken from you at such an young age? What those boys are doing is making a difference. It would be easy to sit back and do nothing, but they have chosen causes such as mental health and aids to raise awareness.

Mental Health is still one of those issues that is whispered about. Raising awareness educates people. If the outcome is someone seeking help, or families and loved ones knowing where to turn for support then that is brilliant.

Yes Mental Health Services, especially for children, are grossly under funded, but services will only be commissioned where there is the greatest need....and that starts by raising awareness."

although I've always liked the royal family and have the greatest respect for The Queen .. i have to say that William and his family along with his brother are winning over a whole lot of people just by being them.

well done to Harry.. he really is trying to make a difference and the thing i like about Harry is he gets into bother too and seems so regular at times but then uses his status to do what others cant do

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Harry has a tough job, for a long time he was number2 in line to the throne with no real role except stay alive. Between his military career, invictus games and charity work he has found a purpose in life. Fair play to him

over a year ago

"Fuck the royals "

I thought I was a cantankerous little cunt but......

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

"Fuck the royals

I thought I was a cantankerous little cunt but...... "

Even cantankerous little cunts are entitled to an opinion, fuck the Royals is not one I agree with though.

By *layboi69Man
over a year ago

alfreton

Nazi fam ffs!

keep praising them peasent.

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 12:03:05]

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 12:07:45]

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

Oh fuck it two attempts at a witty response and predictive text messed them both up. I give up.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Nazi fam ffs!

keep praising them peasent. "

grow up

over a year ago

"Nazi fam ffs!

keep praising them peasent. "

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

"Nazi fam ffs!

keep praising them peasent.

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

"

I think he might've been taking a swipe at me.

Post new Message to Thread