Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

PMT

Jump to newest

By *yldstyle OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Not something I usually sufffer with but this last few days I've been a wreck.

I'm likely to burst into tears or erupt like a volcano!

Take cover and run or bring me ice cream and stroke my hair.

Anyone else suffering?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What is it ?

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not any more.

I used to suffer. One week of the month resembled some sort of normality. Eventually I went to the docs and as I was reluctant to revert to hormone based treatment, she prescribed Prozac. If I'd known you could treat pmt with that I'd not have suffered so long. I feel like me again.

By *ootballFlowerCouple
over a year ago

Ollerton

I get it all the time especially when United play Liverpool.

We are talking about pre-match tension right?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Hugs and ice cream... fancy a fuck?

over a year ago

I don't, actually.

I get horrific ovulation pains some months though, then I get lethargic on the first day of my period & a few cramps. Pretty easy really.

over a year ago

"What is it ? "

Pre Menstrual Tension, women get pent up emotions before their period causing them to feel down, cry, happy & loads of anger towards anybody & anything

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Aww sending hugs and haggen-dazs .

Try evening primrose tablets as work great for PMT xx

over a year ago

I never suffered with it...

and I sailed through the menopause too..

sorry...probably not what you want to hear, I'll go fetch some ice cream

By *lla_maiWoman
over a year ago

staffordshire

Sending hugs. Feel better soon

over a year ago

"What is it ?

Pre Menstrual Tension, women get pent up emotions before their period causing them to feel down, cry, happy & loads of anger towards anybody & anything "

Thank you very much, I thought it was related to it after reading some comments and then some pm.

Feel for you girls... virtual hugs xx

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I used to get it badly.

By *exycouplemmmmCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

I used to get it - a week before due on and it was terrible!

I'm now peri-menopausal and therefore it's on it's way out... I'm going to miss those weeks! (Not!) x

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Sending hugs and chocolate x

over a year ago

Yep, 1 week before I definitely feel more emotional and overly sensitive (totally out of character!) and my libido dips but it's only been a recent thing, I was fine for the first 20 or so years. One of the trickier things about us only looking for women is trying to arrange a time where neither of us are hormonal or bleeding lol

over a year ago

"I never suffered with it...

sorry...probably not what you want to hear, I'll go fetch some ice cream "

Fuck off you lucky bitch x

over a year ago

mine was not too bad,bit weepy more than anything until about 2 years before i started going a bit menopausal...then it went mental...i could really understand how some women have committed murder...still think my rage was usually pretty justfied for one reason or another most of the time though..

over a year ago

I don't think my emotions change but my boobs get really painful,which can make me touchy. I get really hungry too for some reason. I wouldn't mind but I've had a hysterectomy.

over a year ago

I'm pmt-ing right now. Due on in about 5 days. I feel weepy, irritable and constantly hungry.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 00:19:11]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 00:19:11]"

Thought better of it?

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 00:19:11]

Thought better of it?"

shush

over a year ago

"I never suffered with it...

sorry...probably not what you want to hear, I'll go fetch some ice cream

Fuck off you lucky bitch x"

over a year ago

Thought better of it?"

probably very wise...

over a year ago

Thought better of it?

probably very wise..."

Google is your friend

over a year ago

Thought better of it?

probably very wise..."

Trying to piss off a thread full of woman who feel like they have been kicked in the lady bollocks.....your a brave man x

over a year ago

Thought better of it?

probably very wise...

Trying to piss off a thread full of woman who feel like they have been kicked in the lady bollocks.....your a brave man x"

Why would what I said upset anyone

over a year ago

Thought better of it?

probably very wise...

Trying to piss off a thread full of woman who feel like they have been kicked in the lady bollocks.....your a brave man x

Why would what I said upset anyone "

Your a cheeky fucker so good chance lol x

over a year ago

Thought better of it?

probably very wise...

Why would what I said upset anyone

Your a cheeky fucker so good chance lol x"

I'm innocent . As I see no evidence to back up that claim, case dismissed!

over a year ago

I just get very very tired a few days before my period but severe pains 10 days before

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I'm currently taking Norethisterone & Provera tablets with my anti-D's. For the 1st time ever I feel amazing!!!!! No bleeding, cramps or PMT!!!

Am at hospital on 5/9 to see about a hysterectomy xx

over a year ago

Yes and coming on for 55 my periods are still as regular as clockwork

does any other woman pray for the menopause lol

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Yes and coming on for 55 my periods are still as regular as clockwork

does any other woman pray for the menopause lol"

My Stepmum is 53, has no children of her own (too many miscarriages to count & even had 4 lots of IVF), has poly cystic ovaries & her cycle has been all over the place. But since turning 50 everything has become regular as clockwork!!! She's fed up xx

over a year ago

I'm sure my pmt has got worse as I've got older. I very quickly switch from very subdued and ridiculously emotional and so so tired to feeling very angry and hating the world with some pain thrown in. And eat like a horse in both states

By *ny1localMan
over a year ago

READING

I'd a wife and two daughters,only one sane week a month.It's the men in the family that suffer from PMT,the women just experience it...(now going into hiding from forumites)

over a year ago

"I'm currently taking Norethisterone & Provera tablets with my anti-D's. For the 1st time ever I feel amazing!!!!! No bleeding, cramps or PMT!!!

Am at hospital on 5/9 to see about a hysterectomy xx "

I was taking norethisterone for a year without any bleeding but for no reason I started bleeding again, sometimes for upto two weeks at a time!! I'm now on something similar but with little success as I now bleed as and when with no warning and that really gets me down. Thinking of trying the implant next as I've tried everything else.

I used to suffer terrible pmt to the point where I daren't even leave the house for a few days. Nowadays I just get all ocd about the cleaning!!!

over a year ago

i suffered horrendously with my periods for yrs until i went on the injection i could just about cope with the bloating, tender boobs, back pain, cramps and flooding it was the psycho bitch mood swings aggression and emotional turmoil i couldnt deal with n neither could those around me i was scary as hell n being bi polar from my early 20's anyway made it 10 times worse.

i really feel for you hun coz i missed my bloody injection last month due to being on me holibobs n fuk me i am feelin it now all the symptoms are back in full force i feel totally batshit bonkers n grim as fook n deffo wont be missing the bugger again thats for sure

By *ellowbabesCouple
over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

I cry weep alot but last 2 months soon as start I get irritable as get itchy crawling feeling in my legs make me snappy take it out sometimes on Mr cannt stand beening touch even legs or anything even clothing on.Mr understand and ask dr she said hormones now pre_menopause stage dread when peroid arrives suffer for beginning to end of it.so now take women vitamins.

over a year ago

"Yes and coming on for 55 my periods are still as regular as clockwork

does any other woman pray for the menopause lol"

yes and no lol.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I'm currently taking Norethisterone & Provera tablets with my anti-D's. For the 1st time ever I feel amazing!!!!! No bleeding, cramps or PMT!!!

Am at hospital on 5/9 to see about a hysterectomy xx

I was taking norethisterone for a year without any bleeding but for no reason I started bleeding again, sometimes for upto two weeks at a time!! I'm now on something similar but with little success as I now bleed as and when with no warning and that really gets me down. Thinking of trying the implant next as I've tried everything else.

I used to suffer terrible pmt to the point where I daren't even leave the house for a few days. Nowadays I just get all ocd about the cleaning!!!

"

I've suffered with pain & pmt since I started when I was 11. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis at 19 which made things worse. I've held a bread knife to my sister's throat, and nearly thrown steak knives at my ex. I started taking Citalopram 4 yrs ago when my marriage broke down. It was amazing that they stopped the pmt & reduced the pain. Everything started to go wrong again in October. I keep getting told "Mirena" but I don't want it.

I can't take many types of drugs as I am high risk for cervical, ovarian & womb cancer & I have a cyst on my left ovary. I really am hoping they'll give me what I want

I don't think it's fair that in this day & age we should have to suffer as we do - it's a disgrace

over a year ago

So similar. I started my periods at 11 and have suffered on and off ever since.

The pain used to get so bad that I couldn't even stand to be touched. I would have awful "urges" to do things I shouldn't hence the reason for being housebound for a few days each month. Much safer for me and others!!!! Doctors dismissed my problems for years.

I too am on citralopam and that has been a tremendous help but having irregular bleeding brings me down.

My doctors won't even entertain the idea of a hysterectomy and it drives me mad.

My daughter now suffers terrible mood swings and similar "urges" to me and I'm trying to get the gp to give her citralopam too as it's helped me.

The mirana coil is hormone based!! I had it for 3 months and begged them to take it out. I had so much pain and bled heavily the whole time I had it. I know loads it's worked for just not me!!

Post new Message to Thread