Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Confidence

Jump to newest

By *reakShow90 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/halifax

I know every one sees others and them self's differently but I don't know at the moment my confidence has hit a low don't know if it's my depression or my antixy but I go from feeling brill like yeah iam no bradd pitt but iam a good guy not that ugly nice smile cute bum and nice to get on with.Too feeling like why do I even bother going out or caring about how I look I always get fucked over or feel like no lady would look at me.

Sorry this is a moan and a rant and I don't even know why iam posting it guess iam just letting off steam

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's very true.....I see myself as average at best and took me years to get some confidence....when I get compliments I still am not 100% convinced but have learned to take them gracefully. Confidence and self worth can be soul destroying if you are in a certain place. Get up and enjoy your life....concentrate on the good people that are in your life and the positive things about your life and throw all the negative shit away....it has no place in your life. Book something to look forward to and tell us about it and all the good things that happened when you were there. I look forward to hearing what you planned and how it went. Mrs A x

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

I think, in the same way that our voice we think we know so well sounds different on a voicemail, that what we see in the mirror is not the same as what other people see.

If that makes sense.

Basically, no-one's perfect. Don't sweat it. In fact, I was about 24/25 when it finally clicked that chances are the other person is just as nervous about their appearance/performance so if you concentrate on relaxing the other person, it all goes a lot smoother.

over a year ago

"I think, in the same way that our voice we think we know so well sounds different on a voicemail, that what we see in the mirror is not the same as what other people see.

If that makes sense.

Basically, no-one's perfect. Don't sweat it. In fact, I was about 24/25 when it finally clicked that chances are the other person is just as nervous about their appearance/performance so if you concentrate on relaxing the other person, it all goes a lot smoother.

"

I think DJ has hit the nail on the head.

Sometimes we're own biggest critics and put ourselves down when others don't. It's something that I do quite a lot and I know many others do too.

It's easy for us all to say but try and keep positive and be yourself - you're worth it!

By *reakShow90 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/halifax

"I think, in the same way that our voice we think we know so well sounds different on a voicemail, that what we see in the mirror is not the same as what other people see.

If that makes sense.

I think DJ has hit the nail on the head.

Sometimes we're own biggest critics and put ourselves down when others don't. It's something that I do quite a lot and I know many others do too.

It's easy for us all to say but try and keep positive and be yourself - you're worth it!"

Thanks guys dose mean a lot just last day off work bk in tonight cba feeling a bit Mehh but I go from feeling like fuckk it happy with me but then other days I feel like what am I doing with myself and such

over a year ago

mood swings are the worst hun i am bi polar n when its on me i battle like mad with confidence n self image dj did hit the nail on the head but i will say if this is a regular or constant up and down of moods mabe have a chat with your gp depression and anxiety are both incredibly debilitating and most good gp's can put you in touch with a talking therapist that could mabe help xx

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Only time I feel confident is when I am dressed as Rachel, or when kitted up like cycling, biking playing paintball.

By *reakShow90 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/halifax

"mood swings are the worst hun i am bi polar n when its on me i battle like mad with confidence n self image dj did hit the nail on the head but i will say if this is a regular or constant up and down of moods mabe have a chat with your gp depression and anxiety are both incredibly debilitating and most good gp's can put you in touch with a talking therapist that could mabe help xx"

Hi and wow that must be hard and I have seen my gp iam on meds but I some times feel it's just good and bad days and I would not want to see a therapist ied feel wrd I think telling them how messed up my head is some days but thank you

By *reakShow90 OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester/halifax

"Only time I feel confident is when I am dressed as Rachel, or when kitted up like cycling, biking playing paintball."

I think I can under stand that like putting on a mask I guess? But with paint balling yes you do feel bad ass running round the woods shooting each other lol

over a year ago

You're only beautiful as you think you are... confidence is cornerstone of any nutricious breakfast.

Post new Message to Thread