Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A bit of advise needed please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

OK so just had operation and can finally apply something for the scarring ! I've heard loads say bio oil but has anyone got any better suggestion s

Tanx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"OK so just had operation and can finally apply something for the scarring ! I've heard loads say bio oil but has anyone got any better suggestion s

Tanx "

Coconut oil is good too

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Bio oil is great. Witch hazel is good too.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Silicone gel; used bio oil after a tummy op - still have the scars. Used silicone gel after a more recent op and not a scar in sight. My surgeon said bio oil was (and I quote) "over hyped bollocks". Love that man.

over a year ago

Bio gets my vote. Brilliant stuff.

over a year ago

Bio oil. Rub it in firmly not gently. It breaks down the scar tissue. Twice a day for 15 minutes if you can. I have a very thin flat white scar now.

Get well soon OP. x

over a year ago

"OK so just had operation and can finally apply something for the scarring ! I've heard loads say bio oil but has anyone got any better suggestion s

Tanx

Coconut oil is good too"

Tanx

over a year ago

My own semen might be worth a go?

over a year ago

"Silicone gel; used bio oil after a tummy op - still have the scars. Used silicone gel after a more recent op and not a scar in sight. My surgeon said bio oil was (and I quote) "over hyped bollocks". Love that man. "

Ya hun heard that being mentioned , so just get it in chemist Ya ??

over a year ago

"Bio oil. Rub it in firmly not gently. It breaks down the scar tissue. Twice a day for 15 minutes if you can. I have a very thin flat white scar now.

Get well soon OP. x"

over a year ago

"Bio gets my vote. Brilliant stuff. "

over a year ago

"Bio gets my vote. Brilliant stuff. "

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Tanx "

This is the best solution. I have a three inch scar on my face that you wouldn't see unless I pointed it out. Bio oil daily as soon as it healed.

over a year ago

"Silicone gel; used bio oil after a tummy op - still have the scars. Used silicone gel after a more recent op and not a scar in sight. My surgeon said bio oil was (and I quote) "over hyped bollocks". Love that man.

Ya hun heard that being mentioned , so just get it in chemist Ya ?? "

Picked it up in Boots.

over a year ago

Bio oil, palmers cocca butter too.

over a year ago

"Bio oil, palmers cocca butter too."

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

I've just had a op... I was going to buy bio oil.. But got one called 'Rescue'..much cheaper than bio.

If your looking for something just to massage into it rather than trying to fade the scaring, the physio told me to just use baby lotion or E45.

over a year ago

Anything that moistens the scar will help, you don't need exspensive creams, E45 is just as good.. as stated above its really the firm rubbing action (as firm as you can tolerate) that helps the scar tissue break down and not over granulate (going lumpy!)!!! Do not allow the sun on the scar either, or if in the sun ensure you use a very high SPF cream, at least for the first year or so!! x

over a year ago

"Anything that moistens the scar will help, you don't need exspensive creams, E45 is just as good.. as stated above its really the firm rubbing action (as firm as you can tolerate) that helps the scar tissue break down and not over granulate (going lumpy!)!!! Do not allow the sun on the scar either, or if in the sun ensure you use a very high SPF cream, at least for the first year or so!! x "

Tanx hun x

over a year ago

"I've just had a op... I was going to buy bio oil.. But got one called 'Rescue'..much cheaper than bio.

If your looking for something just to massage into it rather than trying to fade the scaring, the physio told me to just use baby lotion or E45."

Ya someone mentioned that to !! Tanx hun

Post new Message to Thread