Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Which charity

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

..would you give £100k to if you were lucky enough to do so?

For me anything to help homelessness which I can't understand why it's still a thing in our country x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The British heart foundation because my dad had heart surgery in Feb n is doing fantastic now. Xxx

over a year ago

Great Ormand Street.

over a year ago

Hard to choose one.. but either wales air ambulance or help for heroes.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I would split it with a domestic abuse charity I support and BackUp Trust.

over a year ago

I feel like I've seen more homeless people about recently than I did when I first moved here a few years ago.

I'd probably give it to Dog Trust.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I work with some small, animal shelters and would help them.

Local Air Ambulance too

over a year ago

"..would you give £100k to if you were lucky enough to do so?

For me anything to help homelessness which I can't understand why it's still a thing in our country x"

I'd Give to every Charity in and out of England if I could afford to do so,sadly I am Charity on £73.10 a week before I've paid all My bill's and bought My food and before deductions and standing orders I'm paying out!

over a year ago

Parkinson's UK.

My Nan had Parkinson's so it's close to my heart.

over a year ago

Would be to one of the larger charities. ..alot of the smaller ones are not trustworthy

over a year ago

I support a few charities so I am thinking which one would benefit the most from a one off 100k donation.

over a year ago

Probably cancer research.

over a year ago

A small local hospice that did amazing things for my family a few years back x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Would be to one of the larger charities. ..alot of the smaller ones are not trustworthy "

Most of the smaller ones do more with a donation than any of the larger ones. I don't give to most of the larger ones as I know their donations will continue to come in whatever happens. For the smaller ones a donation of £500 from an individual is a big deal and they want to use it to do as much as possible.

over a year ago

i don't know. i think there's too many charities now and it's hard to choose which one.

i'd probably choose something outside of this country though.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Would be to one of the larger charities. ..alot of the smaller ones are not trustworthy

Most of the smaller ones do more with a donation than any of the larger ones. I don't give to most of the larger ones as I know their donations will continue to come in whatever happens. For the smaller ones a donation of £500 from an individual is a big deal and they want to use it to do as much as possible.

"

over a year ago

"Would be to one of the larger charities. ..alot of the smaller ones are not trustworthy

"

....I've closed down 2 charities who failed to understand the difference between Restricted and Unrestricted Funds...The Charity Commission receives plenty of reports regarding this breach....The Standard of Trustees tends to be fairly low with the small charities.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

For me anything to help homelessness which I can't understand why it's still a thing in our country x"

If I had this money I wouldn't give it to a Charity as such. I would go the Caribbean island I am originally from and develop a Community School of Arts in an area where the kids have to travel to the Capital if they want Art lessons

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

I'd split it between research for epilepsy and research for brain tumours

over a year ago

Marie Curie or cancer research

over a year ago

Children with bipolar, we recently took a small group of teenages to st perterburgh was very enjoyable.

Even though I want to kill them all at times

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

....I've closed down 2 charities who failed to understand the difference between Restricted and Unrestricted Funds...The Charity Commission receives plenty of reports regarding this breach....The Standard of Trustees tends to be fairly low with the small charities."

I won't argue about it on here but I understand what you are saying (I do know the difference) but I have found bad trustees in large charities too. I'm sure you can name the two recent ones I am thinking of.

By *arksidesubCouple
over a year ago

not far from you..

I support a few charity's on going.

10K,I would give it to children with special needs & learning difficulties.

Bambi x

over a year ago

I work in banking now, but I have freelanced for 3 charities in the past, I've never seen a better paid management team (including banking) where hundreds of people are paid £150k + the management car parks are like luxury car parks.

Charities are more business than charities

With some exceptions

over a year ago

....I've closed down 2 charities who failed to understand the difference between Restricted and Unrestricted Funds...The Charity Commission receives plenty of reports regarding this breach....The Standard of Trustees tends to be fairly low with the small charities.

I won't argue about it on here but I understand what you are saying (I do know the difference) but I have found bad trustees in large charities too. I'm sure you can name the two recent ones I am thinking of.

"

...and I can email you the letter of thanks I received from the Charity Commission

By *arksidesubCouple
over a year ago

not far from you..

"I support a few charity's on going.

10K,I would give it to children with special needs & learning difficulties.

Bambi x"

*100K*

over a year ago

Carers UK

over a year ago

McMillan nurses, they did a great job supposing my dad when he had terminal cancer x

over a year ago

Id split it between three

Shelter

A Childrens Charity

Carers

By *educerMan
over a year ago

Brentwood

Guide dogs for the blind

over a year ago

Split between the NSPCC and Ty Gobaith ,, a north wales children's hospice

over a year ago

cancer research or motor neurone,,id love to give that much money to any charity tbh

over a year ago

"Guide dogs for the blind "

over a year ago

ACT, addenbrookes hospital charity, they have saved both my life and the lives of 2 of my children in their maternity and gynacoligical units.

over a year ago

I already give to several... children's charities, animal charities, medical charities...and recently started supporting the Welsh Air Ambulance as well. It would be split between them all.

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

Watford Peace Hospice for me x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/07/16 23:53:31]

over a year ago

"ACT, addenbrookes hospital charity, they have saved both my life and the lives of 2 of my children in their maternity and gynacoligical units."

And also Help for Heroes, and the Royal British Legion

over a year ago

I work for a large well known charity but would donate the money to some smaller lesser known ones who struggle to stay open. I'd also give some to the British Legion or Help for Heroes, the way soldiers are treated by the government is disgraceful.

By *umpleteazerWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

NCAR (animal shelter in Flintshire)

over a year ago

chrohns and colitis -

over a year ago

It would be a children's hospice here in the north west...they pretty much rely on charity and having had experience with them first hand..their nurses and staff are just so amazing and can't do enough for families.

Lots of them don't get paid yet give what time they can and do make a difference to these kids and their families when it's needed most.

over a year ago

Local hospice or cancer related charity.

My friend is currently having treatment for breast cancer

over a year ago

With £100k you could buy some rundown properties and use them to provide housing to homeless people, cut out the middle man.

I rarely give money to charities, I don't like contributing to some charity bosses permatan with their £250k salary.

I do however volunteer for a few charities that are close to my heart, I give my time rather than my money (though I have done fundraising too of course).

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

There are 5 out of 12 empty flats in my block, some people choose to be homeless

I would donate to a cancer charity and have a direct debit set up for one as I lost both ma parents to it

By *elloWoman
over a year ago

alpha centauri

I'd split it between a Duchenne muscular dystrophy charity and the Phelan McDermid Syndrome foundation uk.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman
over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Animal charitys every time.

over a year ago

On the subject of 100K we so t now donate to any charity where the chief executive earns over a 100K. Too many of these charities are run by people who are making a career first and foremost in the charity sector and are not doing it as a vocation.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

In order...

1. Shelter

2. Red Cross

3. Gender Trust or Mermaids U.K.

over a year ago

"On the subject of 100K we so t now donate to any charity where the chief executive earns over a 100K. Too many of these charities are run by people who are making a career first and foremost in the charity sector and are not doing it as a vocation."

Should have said we don't donate

Post new Message to Thread