Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dragons den is on tonight

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The new series starts tonight on bbc2 at 9pm, are you also going to watch it? It should be a good one

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple
over a year ago

home sweet home

"The new series starts tonight on bbc2 at 9pm, are you also going to watch it? It should be a good one "

You are fab's television guide

MrsSB

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The new series starts tonight on bbc2 at 9pm, are you also going to watch it? It should be a good one

You are fab's television guide

MrsSB "

That is right I am and big brother is on too lol

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ooh yeah I'll be watching it

Reply privately

over a year ago

I used to really enjoy it i cant stand it now

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I used to really enjoy it i cant stand it now "

It slightly loses its appeal when you realise that only a certain type of business really benefits from external investment. Some 'entrapreneurs' are making the worst mistake of their lives on there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I didn't know it was on tonight, thanks Shag!

And yes, I will be watching it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's getting a little tired now however i suspect i'll half watch it - thank you for the heads up x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hilarious to see the egos of the Dragons! Peter and Deborah throw their toys out the pram because the people talk to someone else. Clearly they don't swing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just watching on iplayer now, oh my goodness please tell me that couple didn't just value a bunch of small pencils at £400,000

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Just watching on iplayer now, oh my goodness please tell me that couple didn't just value a bunch of small pencils at £400,000 "

I haven't seen it yet but from past episodes some people are really deluded about the value of their companies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is deborah actually gonna invest in something this time? bladdy miserable cow

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just watching on iplayer now, oh my goodness please tell me that couple didn't just value a bunch of small pencils at £400,000

I haven't seen it yet but from past episodes some people are really deluded about the value of their companies.

"

Minor spoiler alert but it's pencils... but shorter than normal. That's it. Unless branding costs £400,000 then you could cut an ordinary pencil in half and bobs your uncle.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Just watching on iplayer now, oh my goodness please tell me that couple didn't just value a bunch of small pencils at £400,000

Minor spoiler alert but it's pencils... but shorter than normal. That's it. Unless branding costs £400,000 then you could cut an ordinary pencil in half and bobs your uncle."

I've been to the Pencil Museum where they have one with a diamond on the end. That might bring the valuation up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Minor spoiler alert but it's pencils... but shorter than normal. That's it. Unless branding costs £400,000 then you could cut an ordinary pencil in half and bobs your uncle.

I've been to the Pencil Museum where they have one with a diamond on the end. That might bring the valuation up. "

If it's not too much of a spoiler to imply they don't get investment, the guys walks out saying "I don't get it". Mate you've got pencils that you think are worth £400,000 what's not to get? Then he says "if I ONLY got half the world's parents to buy them then I'd sell a bullion". Yes I can see Indian and Chinese parents frothing at the mouth to pay £3.50 for smaller pencils. Unbelievable.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I've been to the Pencil Museum where they have one with a diamond on the end. That might bring the valuation up.

If it's not too much of a spoiler to imply they don't get investment, the guys walks out saying "I don't get it". Mate you've got pencils that you think are worth £400,000 what's not to get? Then he says "if I ONLY got half the world's parents to buy them then I'd sell a bullion". Yes I can see Indian and Chinese parents frothing at the mouth to pay £3.50 for smaller pencils. Unbelievable. "

You can get 10 or 12 for £1 in the Pound Shop.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Great, next up we have a business that is being valued at 6x it's sales (sigh)

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Great, next up we have a business that is being valued at 6x it's sales (sigh) "

I think you need to stop watching.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Great, next up we have a business that is being valued at 6x it's sales (sigh)

"

It's an interesting one, the product is nothing special. Peter Jones called it a "water bottle with a brush on the end" but the people selling it are very likeable.

Although she spent a ridiculous amount on patents etc. Only 3% of patents ever earn more for their owners than the cost of filing them.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

It's an interesting one, the product is nothing special. Peter Jones called it a "water bottle with a brush on the end" but the people selling it are very likeable.

Although she spent a ridiculous amount on patents etc. Only 3% of patents ever earn more for their owners than the cost of filing them. "

I'll watch it tomorrow.

Did you see the one a few years ago where the entrepreneur had put together a last minute shag kit for men?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Although she spent a ridiculous amount on patents etc. Only 3% of patents ever earn more for their owners than the cost of filing them.

I'll watch it tomorrow.

Did you see the one a few years ago where the entrepreneur had put together a last minute shag kit for men?

"

Ha ha no I didn't!? Do you remember the name of it - I'll look on YouTube! What did it include?

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Ha ha no I didn't!? Do you remember the name of it - I'll look on YouTube! What did it include? "

Sadly, I can't remember what it was called. He didn't get the investment as they felt there wouldn't be a market for it. The guy selling it didn't identify the gay or swingers markets in his pitch (or, if he did it was edited out). I sent him an e-mail with marketing suggestions.

It had a mini clean up kit and condoms and the idea was that you could get it from the vending machines in pubs and clubs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is on soon. I wonder what deals will be made?

Reply privately

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

I'll be tuning into The Secret Agent

Reply privately

over a year ago

Crap. I missed it! Was it any good? Only started getting back in to it since last week.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Crap. I missed it! Was it any good? Only started getting back in to it since last week."
Yes, last weeks one was really good and good deals was made.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have just watched todays one and what a good deal they did there in the end with deborah for 30% with the manual lifting key kit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have just watched todays one and what a good deal they did there in the end with deborah for 30% with the manual lifting key kit."

What did you think of the guy that goes on there swearing he has a patent that he doesn't? I thought that maybe he couldn't read?

He was a bit niave as well (generally). As soon as he said the name of this company I was like 'I'm pretty sure maximus clear will have something to say about that'

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have just watched todays one and what a good deal they did there in the end with deborah for 30% with the manual lifting key kit.

What did you think of the guy that goes on there swearing he has a patent that he doesn't? I thought that maybe he couldn't read?

He was a bit niave as well (generally). As soon as he said the name of this company I was like 'I'm pretty sure maximus clear will have something to say about that' "

I thought the same that he was naïve, cos he didnt read the paper about the trademark before he gave it the dragons at first, he should of done his reaserch abit more shouldnt he?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Am I the only one who thinks that Deborah is sexy?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have just watched todays one and what a good deal they did there in the end with deborah for 30% with the manual lifting key kit.

He was a bit niave as well (generally). As soon as he said the name of this company I was like 'I'm pretty sure maximus clear will have something to say about that' I thought the same that he was naïve, cos he didnt read the paper about the trademark before he gave it the dragons at first, he should of done his reaserch abit more shouldnt he?"

It was also pretty cringe worthy when he talked about his valuation and why they turned him down

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

He was a bit niave as well (generally). As soon as he said the name of this company I was like 'I'm pretty sure maximus clear will have something to say about that' I thought the same that he was naïve, cos he didnt read the paper about the trademark before he gave it the dragons at first, he should of done his reaserch abit more shouldnt he?

It was also pretty cringe worthy when he talked about his valuation and why they turned him down"

The 'evolved dragon' was a bit of a train wreck. I would be worried that he would ignore legislation because licking the surfaces is better than inspection.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He was a bit niave as well (generally). As soon as he said the name of this company I was like 'I'm pretty sure maximus clear will have something to say about that' I thought the same that he was naïve, cos he didnt read the paper about the trademark before he gave it the dragons at first, he should of done his reaserch abit more shouldnt he?

It was also pretty cringe worthy when he talked about his valuation and why they turned him down

The 'evolved dragon' was a bit of a train wreck. I would be worried that he would ignore legislation because licking the surfaces is better than inspection.

"

Yup. There's confidence and ambition, then there's dilusional people. To be fair his turnover was pretty good but I couldn't work with someone like that and none of the Dragons fancied it either.

The maps thing was a bit shit too. I mean use your phone ffs.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Yup. There's confidence and ambition, then there's dilusional people. To be fair his turnover was pretty good but I couldn't work with someone like that and none of the Dragons fancied it either.

The maps thing was a bit shit too. I mean use your phone ffs. "

Returning the pencils from last week, now that I've seen it, my two thoughts were:

1. pencils get smaller with use, and

2. just take a couple of the small ones from Ikea.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Returning the pencils from last week, now that I've seen it, my two thoughts were:

2. just take a couple of the small ones from Ikea. "

So you won't be buying the business for £400k?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Parasites

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

2. just take a couple of the small ones from Ikea.

So you won't be buying the business for £400k? "

I'd rather give it to the scarf/map man. At least that's two products in one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Parasites "

Thanks for your valuable contribution to the thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is on soon, should be a good one

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I've had a 3D scan thing of me made in to chocolate lollipops. It's not a unique business and he didn't do well selling what he has built at all.

Reply privately

By *ndonmaleMan
over a year ago

Preston

i don't know what it is but I have a thing for Deborah. Maybe it's a money and power kinda thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

Touker Suleyman 40%

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am watching it now on catch up, with his statue selfies.

Reply privately

By *annooWoman
over a year ago

Hastings

"I've had a 3D scan thing of me made in to chocolate lollipops. It's not a unique business and he didn't do well selling what he has built at all.

"

He didn't wanna answer half their questions did he

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've had a 3D scan thing of me made in to chocolate lollipops. It's not a unique business and he didn't do well selling what he has built at all.

He didn't wanna answer half their questions did he"

Nope he was a flop!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm pretty sure that a strategy of offering part of a company is one of the least successful to go into the den with!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope he was a flop! "

General piece advice for anyone in business, don't shrug your shoulders before you present a financial figure to an investor!

Especially when you are valuing your business at 16x it's annual profit like a lot of FTSE100 companies do!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope he was a flop!

General piece advice for anyone in business, don't shrug your shoulders before you present a financial figure to an investor!

Especially when you are valuing your business at 16x it's annual profit like a lot of FTSE100 companies do!!"

Oh I spoke too soon, I was kind and took his higher estimate. He's now confirmed it's 32x profit which is generally what Google would be valued at in normal times.

Ps: he ain't no Google

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Nope he was a flop!

Especially when you are valuing your business at 16x it's annual profit like a lot of FTSE100 companies do!!

Oh I spoke too soon, I was kind and took his higher estimate. He's now confirmed it's 32x profit which is generally what Google would be valued at in normal times.

Ps: he ain't no Google "

No, he's essentially a printer salesman with a sideline in bespoke 3D printing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope he was a flop!

"

And not a good one either. I did like the father / daughter team but I understand why they didn't get investment.

It's great that the father helped his daughter and their relationship was very beautiful. Unfortunately it seemed she'd been too shielded and she should have known the numbers.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

And not a good one either. I did like the father / daughter team but I understand why they didn't get investment.

It's great that the father helped his daughter and their relationship was very beautiful. Unfortunately it seemed she'd been too shielded and she should have known the numbers. "

Shielded? He bailed her out. I liked their relationship but I would never trust that he wouldn't be sneaking in to cover up any issues.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

It's great that the father helped his daughter and their relationship was very beautiful. Unfortunately it seemed she'd been too shielded and she should have known the numbers.

Shielded? He bailed her out. I liked their relationship but I would never trust that he wouldn't be sneaking in to cover up any issues.

"

But I bet that he runs a lot of it for her too. If you're knee deep in the business every day then there's no way you wouldn't know the numbers and she lacked a basic grasp of accounting. He's the inventor / creative side and I sort of get why people like that can't reel off the figures properly but what's her excuse?

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

But I bet that he runs a lot of it for her too. If you're knee deep in the business every day then there's no way you wouldn't know the numbers and she lacked a basic grasp of accounting. He's the inventor / creative side and I sort of get why people like that can't reel off the figures properly but what's her excuse? "

I always ask people what their wind up costs are and then how much they are holding in the bank. So few know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

But I bet that he runs a lot of it for her too. If you're knee deep in the business every day then there's no way you wouldn't know the numbers and she lacked a basic grasp of accounting. He's the inventor / creative side and I sort of get why people like that can't reel off the figures properly but what's her excuse?

I always ask people what their wind up costs are and then how much they are holding in the bank. So few know."

Scary. I can't help but notice that in 3 episodes we've seen 2 families of Asian origin where the parents have really helped their kids start businesses. I think that's a brilliant example.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

I always ask people what their wind up costs are and then how much they are holding in the bank. So few know.

Scary. I can't help but notice that in 3 episodes we've seen 2 families of Asian origin where the parents have really helped their kids start businesses. I think that's a brilliant example. "

It's not uncommon. There is a quid pro quo but developing a work and entrepreneurial ethic is encouraged early.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Scary. I can't help but notice that in 3 episodes we've seen 2 families of Asian origin where the parents have really helped their kids start businesses. I think that's a brilliant example.

It's not uncommon. There is a quid pro quo but developing a work and entrepreneurial ethic is encouraged early.

"

Long may it last

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is on soon

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh fuck off! He's got a bottle with holes in valued at 325k. Give me a break.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not a great idea. The military have been using similar products for ages. He's sold fuck all and presented poorly.

It's an insult to the dragons to value that business as 325k.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A food business making £65,000 profit is not worth £1.3m

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is on soon "

Sounds like I'm the only person feck in watching it??!??

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm quite inspired that such a random assortment of menus, brands and whatever else can turnover £1.3m

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is on soon

Sounds like I'm the only person feck in watching it??!??"

I will watch it 10pm after big brother, but keep us informed on what is happening in there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is on soon

Sounds like I'm the only person feck in watching it??!??I will watch it 10pm after big brother, but keep us informed on what is happening in there. "

Well we have another £1.3m valuation on a business with sales of just £250,000. Have they ever watched Dragons Den before?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is on soon

Sounds like I'm the only person feck in watching it??!??I will watch it 10pm after big brother, but keep us informed on what is happening in there.

Well we have another £1.3m valuation on a business with sales of just £250,000. Have they ever watched Dragons Den before? "

Do you think they over estimated their business? Yeah, it does seem they havent watched it before.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is on soon

Sounds like I'm the only person feck in watching it??!??I will watch it 10pm after big brother, but keep us informed on what is happening in there.

Well we have another £1.3m valuation on a business with sales of just £250,000. Have they ever watched Dragons Den before? Do you think they over estimated their business? Yeah, it does seem they havent watched it before."

80% of them do! It's like they don't understand the price to earnings ratio

Reply privately

over a year ago

A presenter who doesn't know the turnover of her business!!! For goodness sake. Then she follows it up with "we're not business people"

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/08/16 22:03:43]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is on soon

Well we have another £1.3m valuation on a business with sales of just £250,000. Have they ever watched Dragons Den before? Do you think they over estimated their business? Yeah, it does seem they havent watched it before.

80% of them do! It's like they don't understand the price to earnings ratio "

That is right and I reckon as well many over estimate their business, if it is 5% more a dragon offers, some don't take it, it wouldn't make a difference.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh fuck off! He's got a bottle with holes in valued at 325k. Give me a break. "
Yes, that is abit too much, but good idea if it was in afrika, good way to save water.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh fuck off! He's got a bottle with holes in valued at 325k. Give me a break. Yes, that is abit too much, but good idea if it was in afrika, good way to save water."

There are loads of products that do that, it's pretty easy to copy, I've seen our military in Afghanistan with effectively the same thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh fuck off! He's got a bottle with holes in valued at 325k. Give me a break. "
Yes, the food one there, is abit over priced, but a good presentation he did, it was fun as one dragon said that he talked too quick cos of the food was getting cold before they tasted it lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

that was amazing what deb did with the marker pen but i think it back fired! she set it up "get this out for£5 " but i think she was setting it up for them to go with peter!!! watch her body language and expressions!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm going to get me some sparkly lipstick and find a cock to suck...I think the imagery would be ace

Reply privately

over a year ago

"that was amazing what deb did with the marker pen but i think it back fired! she set it up "get this out for£5 " but i think she was setting it up for them to go with peter!!! watch her body language and expressions! "

Yeah I was somewhat surprised with their decision too!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm going to get me some sparkly lipstick and find a cock to suck...I think the imagery would be ace "

And it's waterproof so you can wear it in the AbFabs pool

Reply privately

over a year ago

peter has the history! x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm going to get me some sparkly lipstick and find a cock to suck...I think the imagery would be ace

And it's waterproof so you can wear it in the AbFabs pool"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm going to get me some sparkly lipstick and find a cock to suck...I think the imagery would be ace "
we both said we would buy one mine in deep red and nykie in purple at 12;50 it is a bit more then i pay but worth

Reply privately

over a year ago

That sparkly lipstick thing, looked nice and fun as one of the dragons tried it out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm going to get me some sparkly lipstick and find a cock to suck...I think the imagery would be ace we both said we would buy one mine in deep red and nykie in purple at 12;50 it is a bit more then i pay but worth "

I would get it, too. Maybe in a coral shade

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That sparkly lipstick thing, looked nice and fun as one of the dragons tried it out."

I think a purplish color would look good on you, Shag

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/08/16 22:49:35]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That sparkly lipstick thing, looked nice and fun as one of the dragons tried it out.

I think a purplish color would look good on you, Shag "

Yes. I think so too, what colour would you use?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That sparkly lipstick thing, looked nice and fun as one of the dragons tried it out.

I think a purplish color would look good on you, Shag Yes. I think so too, what colour would you use? "

Coral

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think a purplish color would look good on you, Shag Yes. I think so too, what colour would you use?

Coral "

That is a nice colour

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

I think a purplish color would look good on you, Shag Yes. I think so too, what colour would you use?

Coral That is a nice colour "

Glitter lipstick glued on sounds like it would feel horrible on the lips. I didn't like the look of it but then I don't do a lot of glittery things.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Has anyone seen Shark Tank - the American version? You can see it on YouTube - it's like the opposite of Dragons Den! The presentations are over in a flash and they invest in just about anything!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Coral That is a nice colour

Glitter lipstick glued on sounds like it would feel horrible on the lips. I didn't like the look of it but then I don't do a lot of glittery things.

"

I actually mentioned to Marc that I thought it would feel aweful, but Peter Jones didn't complain. I personally liked the look of it, but then I'm a fan of glitter. It's my inner teenage girl trying to express herself

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has anyone seen Shark Tank - the American version? You can see it on YouTube - it's like the opposite of Dragons Den! The presentations are over in a flash and they invest in just about anything!!!"

Marc and I watch it regularly

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has anyone seen Shark Tank - the American version? You can see it on YouTube - it's like the opposite of Dragons Den! The presentations are over in a flash and they invest in just about anything!!!

Marc and I watch it regularly "

I can't stand Kevin O'Leary and the valuations of the businesses are insane

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Has anyone seen Shark Tank - the American version? You can see it on YouTube - it's like the opposite of Dragons Den! The presentations are over in a flash and they invest in just about anything!!!

I can't stand Kevin O'Leary and the valuations of the businesses are insane "

Mr Wonderful?? He is aweful, but I like him in the show. It's all character based.

You can definitely see the difference in audience. Dragon's Den plays to the British market which likes realism and a bit of failure. Shark Tank plays to the American market - it's polished and they either put on obviously polished businesses or obvious failures. And the sharks are more caricatures than investors. It's fun to see the differences.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can't stand Kevin O'Leary and the valuations of the businesses are insane

Mr Wonderful?? He is aweful, but I like him in the show. It's all character based.

You can definitely see the difference in audience. Dragon's Den plays to the British market which likes realism and a bit of failure. Shark Tank plays to the American market - it's polished and they either put on obviously polished businesses or obvious failures. And the sharks are more caricatures than investors. It's fun to see the differences."

I wouldn't have O'Leary near my business for all the cheese in cheddar. He's a typical numbers monkey who doesn't understand that the best businesses are ones that run on some kind of purpose whereby profit is the reward for achieving said purpose.

For a swinging analogy, I doubt he understands why you'd have sex other than to cum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Coral That is a nice colour

I actually mentioned to Marc that I thought it would feel aweful, but Peter Jones didn't complain. I personally liked the look of it, but then I'm a fan of glitter. It's my inner teenage girl trying to express herself "

That is good you liked it and yeah glitter is a nice look, with different colours.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is on soon

Reply privately

over a year ago

80k investment for 15% of lids for takeaway hot drinks in coffee shops.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Lots of little people singing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The other ones didn't get the deal, yes, good song from the kids there, 45K investment for a 15% stake to teach singing.

Reply privately

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Appreciate the reminder Shag, nearly missed it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Appreciate the reminder Shag, nearly missed it "
Yes, yw there, it is a good one too, they was teaching the dragons to sing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

They never got the deal, the singing one and next was a fuzzy photo dating site, they didn't get the deal either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyone else fancy Sarah? She's got lovely eyes.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"They never got the deal, the singing one and next was a fuzzy photo dating site, they didn't get the deal either."

The singing one was never going to get funding. It would need to be like Stage Coach or Rock Choir and both of those could easily create a sub-brand to run children's choirs if they thought there was enough money in it.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I watched it before I ditched the ex and the TV and it seemed good.

Then when I found out the people have been picked by the show I went off it.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I watched it before I ditched the ex and the TV and it seemed good.

Then when I found out the people have been picked by the show I went off it."

The producers choose who gets in front of the Dragons but the Dragons have defended themselves against the accusation that they don't choose who they invest in.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They never got the deal, the singing one and next was a fuzzy photo dating site, they didn't get the deal either.

The singing one was never going to get funding. It would need to be like Stage Coach or Rock Choir and both of those could easily create a sub-brand to run children's choirs if they thought there was enough money in it.

"

That is right as there are many after school ones that teaches too, yes stage or a rock one would be a better idea.

Next one, safety product for hair dryers, 20% for 75k, he didn't get the deal.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"I watched it before I ditched the ex and the TV and it seemed good.

Then when I found out the people have been picked by the show I went off it.

The producers choose who gets in front of the Dragons but the Dragons have defended themselves against the accusation that they don't choose who they invest in.

"

Oh, I'm still cynical

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/08/16 22:13:18]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Coconut product to eat, drink and cock with, 5% for 75k, they liked it and he got many offers, he took nick and sarahs offer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Honestly it's like people go on this show never having watched a previous episode. The dragons never like it when you try to flog them a subsidiary and for good reason.

Especially when you value your business at 9.69 sales! And your product is a piece of plastic with a hole in it that anyone could copy.

Idiots.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It is poor when they go on with such little knowledge of their financial trading details. That's your gross us it? What was your net, for the past year?'. And they'll repeat the same figures or eventually admit that they don't know.

I've been investing my life savings in some plastic thing, borrowed £millions and sold none in all the years I've traded. Invest in the business so further development can improve it and sell to everyone in the world in the next year. I think the producers throw such people in just for the dragons to savage them.

A lot of the deals agreed don't end up finalised, as the dragons screw the little people over, who've got less expertise.

I really feel that the dragons should give 10% or more of their profits from the show back to the BBC - a good way to improve programmes etc.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fuck me this guy looks like he's going to kill himself if he doesn't get investment. He is a hard worker but his business sucks. Gosh this is awkward.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is poor when they go on with such little knowledge of their financial trading details. That's your gross us it? What was your net, for the past year?'. And they'll repeat the same figures or eventually admit that they don't know.

I've been investing my life savings in some plastic thing, borrowed £millions and sold none in all the years I've traded. Invest in the business so further development can improve it and sell to everyone in the world in the next year. I think the producers throw such people in just for the dragons to savage them.

A lot of the deals agreed don't end up finalised, as the dragons screw the little people over, who've got less expertise.

I really feel that the dragons should give 10% or more of their profits from the show back to the BBC - a good way to improve programmes etc."

But then they'd just factor that 10% into the deal price and therefore "screw the little people" over more

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's fucking annoying when they show clips of an offer being made, now offers have yet been made and there's only one pitch left. Tossers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The bloke from Kerala is seriously impressive. Why can't they put more people like him on rather than the other muppets earlier in the show.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is on soon

Reply privately

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

I'll be tuning in on the Internet

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'll be tuning in on the Internet "

Join us in commentary? I was talking to myself last time!

Reply privately

over a year ago

50k for 15% in a light business, to hold things in place.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"50k for 15% in a light business, to hold things in place."

Interesting product, whacky professor. Has he sold any yet?

Reply privately

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

I'd buy them

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like this guy, perhaps not his business. I bet he gets job offers after the show.

Reply privately

over a year ago

He's on the wrong show really. He should just go licence the product to a distributor. It's not a business.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"50k for 15% in a light business, to hold things in place.

Interesting product, whacky professor. Has he sold any yet? "

Not sure if he sold any yet, he didn't say any sales figures, he didnt get any offers, but one touker liked it.

Reply privately

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Skincare for the baby market? This is going to be interesting...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Next a skin care product for babys, 10% 50k investment.

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"It is poor when they go on with such little knowledge of their financial trading details. That's your gross us it? What was your net, for the past year?'. And they'll repeat the same figures or eventually admit that they don't know. "

I've met someone who went on there are they are asked to go on and have to produce a thoroughly detailed business plan. She said it was more work than running her business.

They know their stuff but apparently it is a very intimidating setting and people fluff.

They like them because that makes 'good' TV

Reply privately

over a year ago

How on earth have they come up with the idea their company is worth half a million pounds?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Quick! Bite his hand off

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How on earth have they come up with the idea their company is worth half a million pounds? "
Yes, they did over estimate it abit didnt they? Touker liked the brand and made an offer, but with more percentage, 30% for 50k, they took the deal.

Reply privately

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Yeh a business deal is done

Reply privately

over a year ago

Possibly the most generous offer ever made by a dragon in the den!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How on earth have they come up with the idea their company is worth half a million pounds? Yes, they did over estimate it abit didnt they? Touker liked the brand and made an offer, but with more percentage, 30% for 50k, they took the deal."

A bit! They don't even have half a million in sales, let alone valuing their company at that!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh for fecks sake!

Don't say "i cant give you the figures on TV" - just go and write it on their pads, it's been done before. Don't these people watch past episodes?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How on earth have they come up with the idea their company is worth half a million pounds? Yes, they did over estimate it abit didnt they? Touker liked the brand and made an offer, but with more percentage, 30% for 50k, they took the deal.

A bit! They don't even have half a million in sales, let alone valuing their company at that!! "

Yes, it was too much that, next one is tablet stand for 50k for 20%.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Have you come here for an investment or counselling?"

I love Peter

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You're looking for an investment, all you're giving me is thing that have gone wrong"

Ha ha - this ain't x-factor you moron, no points for a sob story.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ladies and Gentleman of Fab we have a £2m+ company (apparently). This should be good...

Reply privately

over a year ago

A pet care business for 150k for 7%, that is too much.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ladies and Gentleman of Fab we have a £2m+ company (apparently). This should be good... "
Yes, it must be one of the highest valuation for a long time there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A pet care business for 150k for 7%, that is too much."

Foolish boy. So many inventors done know things that we learn in GCSE business studies.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ladies and Gentleman of Fab we have a £2m+ company (apparently). This should be good... Yes, it must be one of the highest valuation for a long time there. "

Moron alert. This guy is an Oxford graduate and he doesn't even understand what IPR is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We're not transmitting data back from the app"

Hand slaps face.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Take it boy, take it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Your business ain't worth over £1m buddy

Good product though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Foolish boy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ladies and Gentleman of Fab we have a £2m+ company (apparently). This should be good... Yes, it must be one of the highest valuation for a long time there.

Moron alert. This guy is an Oxford graduate and he doesn't even understand what IPR is. "

Yes, he should know it with his oxford thing there.

""A pet care business for 150k for 7%, that is too much."

Foolish boy. So many inventors done know things that we learn in GCSE business studies."

I reckon he thinks to much of it so valuates it to high, but 2 dragons is interested one for half the moneys for 10% and deborah offers 75 for 10%, he wasnt interested as he had other investments in the product, he should of taken it, shouldnt he?.

Reply privately

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Opps I dozed off!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The new series starts tonight on bbc2 at 9pm, are you also going to watch it? It should be a good one "

Whats your review of "Victoria" Mr FAB TV Guide

M xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The new series starts tonight on bbc2 at 9pm, are you also going to watch it? It should be a good one

Whats your review of "Victoria" Mr FAB TV Guide

M xxx"

Not sure, havent heard of it, is it a new series?.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ladies and Gentleman of Fab we have a £2m+ company (apparently). This should be good... Yes, it must be one of the highest valuation for a long time there.

Moron alert. This guy is an Oxford graduate and he doesn't even understand what IPR is. Yes, he should know it with his oxford thing there.

"A pet care business for 150k for 7%, that is too much."

Foolish boy. So many inventors done know things that we learn in GCSE business studies.I reckon he thinks to much of it so valuates it to high, but 2 dragons is interested one for half the moneys for 10% and deborah offers 75 for 10%, he wasnt interested as he had other investments in the product, he should of taken it, shouldnt he?."

Yes he should have. His business isn't worth anything other than a discount to the opportunity cost of producing a rival product and the profits it has. That value ain't over £1m.

Reply privately

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

PitPat = FitBit for a dogs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is on soon

Reply privately

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

"It is on soon "

Just put it on shag

Miss

Reply privately

over a year ago

We're on 154 replies now, best start a new thread for this episode shag

Reply privately

over a year ago

200k for 2% in a parking app to help to find things, abit to much for the percentage.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is on soon

Just put it on shag

Miss"

Nice one

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We're on 154 replies now, best start a new thread for this episode shag "
Yes. I will do it when its 5 or so replies left of 175.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"200k for 2% in a parking app to help to find things, abit to much for the percentage. "
Peter and nick 10% each, he didnt take the deal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Next one is, 70k for 35% for a nail system business.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Next one is, 70k for 35% for a nail system business."
He didnt get the deal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Separate taps idea, warm and cold, 45k for 15%, they didnt get the deal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

7.5% for 75k, for a special holding things plate which you hold, you put a bottle on it and it dont fall off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"7.5% for 75k, for a special holding things plate which you hold, you put a bottle on it and it dont fall off."
She didnt get the deal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

40k for 20% to make flushing fun for kids with a special button to put on the toilet that makes a sound when you push it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/09/16 22:06:14]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"40k for 20% to make flushing fun for kids with a special button to put on the toilet that makes a sound when you push it."
He took toukers offer

Reply privately

over a year ago

This was the last in the series and its been a good one. I am looking forward to the next one

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/09/16 22:16:26]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"200k for 2% in a parking app to help to find things, abit to much for the percentage. "

It's scary how many morons develop an app and think it's worth millions.

This guy just said, the European parking market is worth £30bn and in the UK alone will be worth £900bn by 2025. Err think you might be adding a lot of unintentional zeros to your figures and company valuation. Idiot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now the guy admits he needs £2-3m more which would dilute the 2% being offered! Possibly the most horrendous business pitch I've ever seen for a problem that simply isn't that great.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"Stupid is as stupid does"

I can't believe that guy actually believed his own valuation.

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"

2. just take a couple of the small ones from Ikea. "

I've got a pot of those. Very handy for DIY - they stay behind your ear really well.

Free, too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So far I am seriously impressed with the nail guy

Reply privately

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Separate taps idea, warm and cold, 45k for 15%, they didnt get the deal."