Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cinema prices - food

Jump to newest

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Omg I am not one to moan about the prices of things but I have just gone to buy some popcorn for a regular portion at the cinema

£5.50

Omg I can get nearly a full macdonalds meal for that amount.

I know companies need to get profit but surley a regular popcorn doesn't cost that much and the profit on that must be astronomical

Goes of to rant and mutter I know it's not a Thursday but wtf

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's not the cost of the popcorn per se by the cost of the building, the staff etc. and cinemas trying to find some room for profit in a difficult market.

I don't buy sweets at the cinema (I sneak in pick'n'mix from Ikea) but I will get popcorn for the kids every other visit.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Take my own in with me these days never been stopped by anyone.

over a year ago

"Take my own in with me these days never been stopped by anyone."

despite signs to the contrary,they cant stop you taking in your own food or drink...but if it was left to me no-one would be allowed to bring in anything except a bottle of water...cant stand people eating and drinking in there.its not macdonalds,cant people survive a couple of hours without shovelling crap that stinks into their mouths..watch the damn film!

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Cinema food has always been mega expensive!

I can remember my mum sneaking us sandwiches in when we were kids.

over a year ago

"It's not the cost of the popcorn per se by the cost of the building, the staff etc. and cinemas trying to find some room for profit in a difficult market.

I don't buy sweets at the cinema (I sneak in pick'n'mix from Ikea) but I will get popcorn for the kids every other visit.

"

Our local cinema doesn't care if you bring your own food and drink in or not...they took all the sneaky fun out of it

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"It's not the cost of the popcorn per se by the cost of the building, the staff etc. and cinemas trying to find some room for profit in a difficult market.

Our local cinema doesn't care if you bring your own food and drink in or not...they took all the sneaky fun out of it "

Don't tell the children. I sometimes have a smaller bag, by mistake of course, so that it's impossible to sneak in sweets.

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

My daughter works at a cinema... So we get in the films free and 40% off any food/drink

over a year ago

"Take my own in with me these days never been stopped by anyone.

despite signs to the contrary,they cant stop you taking in your own food or drink...but if it was left to me no-one would be allowed to bring in anything except a bottle of water...cant stand people eating and drinking in there.its not macdonalds,cant people survive a couple of hours without shovelling crap that stinks into their mouths..watch the damn film!"

over a year ago

I know someone who works in a cinema. She mentioned that the biggest margins are actually in the food that they serve rather than the ticket prices.

(I always sneak in a few bits. Couple of beers too. Shhhh )

over a year ago

It was good when I had my cinema card, I got up to 25% off on food and drink but now that's gone, unless I am really flush for cash, I won't go near the food stands, the price of the chocolate bags are ridiculous!!!

That said I don't go much these days unless it's a film that has a special on the price, I can't justify over £15 for one single ticket when I could pay another £1.40 and watch as many films as I like!!!

G x

over a year ago

With poundland about I'm surprised people still buy sweets at the cinema x

over a year ago

I never buy cinema food . I stock up at shop. More choice of popcorn as well

Post new Message to Thread