Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

waaaaah!

Jump to newest

By *trawberry-pop OP   Woman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

One of my guinea pigs has somehow escaped into the hedge. She's black, I can't see her and I can't access the whole hedge! No idea what to do!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Quick go buy a new one before the kids get home.

over a year ago

Is there something tasty you can tempt her out with. XXX

over a year ago

Oooh tricky one.

Can you put some nice treats out on the grass, see if she comes for them.

over a year ago

"Quick go buy a new one before the kids get home. "

over a year ago

Just hope there's no cats about.....

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

*wags finger and tries not to smile*

By *ammykingMan
over a year ago

Lisburn

Put something like lettuce leaves or such out and move away and be patient

over a year ago

trim ya bush

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Something nice to eat ... and make a guinipig noise ...

over a year ago

Do you have a run that u can pop other Guinea Pigs into, the squeaking noise might make her come out?

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Then google on U tube the guinea pig song ... by joe pasquali

over a year ago

got all anxious reading that - hope you get it back

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"got all anxious reading that - hope you get it back"

I now have 2 guinea pigs in the fucking hedge. Stressed. The other 2 are in a run on the grass but seem to be totally traumatised by missing their pals so they're not making any noise at all. I've put treats out and a tube, as well as one of their cages.

It would actually potentially be helpful if there were cats about, they might chase them out.

over a year ago

Don't worry it will come back on its own when it needs a drink

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Don't worry it will come back on its own when it needs a drink "

I'm not sure they will. Plenty of moisture in plants!

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Still no idea what to do! Blasted little buggers.

over a year ago

Put your other guinea pig in a run near the bush with some tasty treats in it. It might draw the escape artist out. Failing that petrol and a lighter goodbye bush.

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Put your other guinea pig in a run near the bush with some tasty treats in it. It might draw the escape artist out. Failing that petrol and a lighter goodbye bush."

I've no idea about guinea pigs but wouldn't the fire starter risk the goodbye guinea pigs too

Hope they return after they've got bored of roaming.

over a year ago

go to the other ride of the hedge with a leaf blower and blow them out... if that fails set the hedge on fire

over a year ago

When my cat escapes and won't come back in I just shut the door: in the morning he's there looking all sorry for himself.

Not sure it would work on Guinea pigs but it didn't teach my cat any lessons either.

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Put your other guinea pig in a run near the bush with some tasty treats in it. It might draw the escape artist out. Failing that petrol and a lighter goodbye bush."

Yeah...not going to set fire to my garden.

Also, the other guinea pigs ARE in a run not so far away. And if I put tasty treats in it...guess what?! They get eaten!

Really not loving this. Need an extra pair of hands or 3!

over a year ago

"Put your other guinea pig in a run near the bush with some tasty treats in it. It might draw the escape artist out. Failing that petrol and a lighter goodbye bush.

Also, the other guinea pigs ARE in a run not so far away. And if I put tasty treats in it...guess what?! They get eaten!

Really not loving this. Need an extra pair of hands or 3!"

id help if i was nearer

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Put your other guinea pig in a run near the bush with some tasty treats in it. It might draw the escape artist out. Failing that petrol and a lighter goodbye bush.

Really not loving this. Need an extra pair of hands or 3!

id help if i was nearer

"

Thank you. Not even sure they're in the hedge any more. Guess there might be a hole in the fence behind it. So sad!

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

The little buggers are in my garden, that much I know. Unfortunately no closer to catching them and now all upstairs cats keep coming to terrorise them. I'm really worried but there's nothing I can really do!

over a year ago

"The little buggers are in my garden, that much I know. Unfortunately no closer to catching them and now all upstairs cats keep coming to terrorise them. I'm really worried but there's nothing I can really do!"

how easy are they to catch ? - take a big towel and throw it over them and catch them that way

over a year ago

"The little buggers are in my garden, that much I know. Unfortunately no closer to catching them and now all upstairs cats keep coming to terrorise them. I'm really worried but there's nothing I can really do!"

Think by nature they are burrow animals so likely to be under shed or such like, don't know if that helps but at least should be safe.

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"The little buggers are in my garden, that much I know. Unfortunately no closer to catching them and now all upstairs cats keep coming to terrorise them. I'm really worried but there's nothing I can really do!

how easy are they to catch ? - take a big towel and throw it over them and catch them that way "

They're very hard to catch and they're hiding in a hedge which is a good metre deep so I can't get to them. It's also now pitch black there.

over a year ago

"The little buggers are in my garden, that much I know. Unfortunately no closer to catching them and now all upstairs cats keep coming to terrorise them. I'm really worried but there's nothing I can really do!

how easy are they to catch ? - take a big towel and throw it over them and catch them that way

They're very hard to catch and they're hiding in a hedge which is a good metre deep so I can't get to them. It's also now pitch black there."

going to have to be a dawn raid then

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Think by nature they are burrow animals so likely to be under shed or such like, don't know if that helps but at least should be safe."

In the wild they use the burrows of other animals. The don't dig. They're in the hedge hiding. My shed is brick so nothing can get under it.

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Can you leave a cage open for them and they might scuttle back in during the night?

over a year ago

They're very hard to catch and they're hiding in a hedge which is a good metre deep so I can't get to them. It's also now pitch black there."

Re previous response this is what happened to a friends pet Guinea pigs and they happily survived and bred, the family just kept putting food out, just trying to say they're survivors

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

They're very hard to catch and they're hiding in a hedge which is a good metre deep so I can't get to them. It's also now pitch black there.

Re previous response this is what happened to a friends pet Guinea pigs and they happily survived and bred, the family just kept putting food out, just trying to say they're survivors "

Well these are 2 girls so at least I won't have feral babies.

over a year ago

Think by nature they are burrow animals so likely to be under shed or such like, don't know if that helps but at least should be safe.

In the wild they use the burrows of other animals. The don't dig. They're in the hedge hiding. My shed is brick so nothing can get under it. "

I was sat in the garden at my sisters today and her guinea pig was wandering around the garden as my sister lets it out...he always goes back to his cage when he is thirsty...that's why I said it earlier..

although guinea pigs in the wild burrow, domesticated ones have had that gene bred out of them so I don't think they will be digging for victory anytime soon

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Can you leave a cage open for them and they might scuttle back in during the night?"

2 cages left for them but they don't have one way doors and they'll probably feel safer in the hedge so they won't stay in the cages. I'm going to try to find somewhere I can buy a humane rat trap tomorrow. Doesn't stop me stressing out now though!

over a year ago

Ours escaped m, broad daylight, 2 bushes with a space inbetween and they still eluded us for a good while!

We used their tubes and a scary children. It probably looked hilarious

Difficult task though!

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

In the wild they use the burrows of other animals. The don't dig. They're in the hedge hiding. My shed is brick so nothing can get under it.

I was sat in the garden at my sisters today and her guinea pig was wandering around the garden as my sister lets it out...he always goes back to his cage when he is thirsty...that's why I said it earlier..

although guinea pigs in the wild burrow, domesticated ones have had that gene bred out of them so I don't think they will be digging for victory anytime soon"

This pair are my least tame. A third one was in the bloody hedge earlier, but he's my most tame one and I tempted him out with his favourite treat easily.

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Ours escaped m, broad daylight, 2 bushes with a space inbetween and they still eluded us for a good while!

Difficult task though!"

If I had an extra pair of hands or 2 i'd have got them hours ago. But as it's just me on my lonesome and my nearest family member is over 30 miles away and was otherwise indisposed today it's been a nightmare.

over a year ago

Just leave the one cage ajar and with plenty of hay and water in it overnight, they may venture back in x

over a year ago

"Ours escaped m, broad daylight, 2 bushes with a space inbetween and they still eluded us for a good while!

Difficult task though!

If I had an extra pair of hands or 2 i'd have got them hours ago. But as it's just me on my lonesome and my nearest family member is over 30 miles away and was otherwise indisposed today it's been a nightmare. "

Sure there'll be safe overnight, just checked and didn't realise they no longer exist in the wild!, and think they'll be too big for cat to attack.

If wasn't too far would have chivalrously come round to help you.

over a year ago

do you not have a willing neighbour

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"do you not have a willing neighbour"

The ones I know are: a 70 something year old man.

A miserable cow who doesn't even respond when I say hello.

The chavs upstairs who upon me telling them haven't even courteously kept their cats in, let alone offered help. I've done all I can for the day. I will have to just hope that I can do more tomorrow.

Anyone know where I can buy a humane animal trap which isn't online?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Buy a goldfish as well

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

"do you not have a willing neighbour

The ones I know are: a 70 something year old man.

A miserable cow who doesn't even respond when I say hello.

The chavs upstairs who upon me telling them haven't even courteously kept their cats in, let alone offered help. I've done all I can for the day. I will have to just hope that I can do more tomorrow.

Anyone know where I can buy a humane animal trap which isn't online? "

try pets at home or pampered pets shops also try the pdsa

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"try pets at home or pampered pets shops also try the pdsa"

I had a couple of pooches from an rspca in Notts

over a year ago

"When my cat escapes and won't come back in I just shut the door: in the morning he's there looking all sorry for himself.

Not sure it would work on Guinea pigs but it didn't teach my cat any lessons either. "

Good job you two don't live near each other...

By *enuinedannyMan
over a year ago

walsall

Find a decent hard ware shop should be able to advise you on a trap to use. Download a touch app for ya phone so you can see into the hedge. Really hope you find then and their safe.

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Well the update this morning is that I've seen one of them so i'm hoping they're both still alive and kicking! My mum is coming round today, hopefully we can catch the little angels!

over a year ago

Oh my god, I thought you had them by now!

over a year ago

"Well the update this morning is that I've seen one of them so i'm hoping they're both still alive and kicking! My mum is coming round today, hopefully we can catch the little angels!"

Blimey the little rebels!

Good luck, hope you get them

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Well the update this morning is that I've seen one of them so i'm hoping they're both still alive and kicking! My mum is coming round today, hopefully we can catch the little angels!

Good luck, hope you get them "

I managed to catch one of them before my mum arrived. We've seen the other, but she's smart to my lure! I'm sure we'll get her before darkness falls!

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Oh my god, I thought you had them by now!"

The hedge is unfortunately too deep to reach in. Plus they move quickly so if you're lying on the ground they can cover 8 metres of hedge a lot quicker than me!

over a year ago

"Oh my god, I thought you had them by now!

The hedge is unfortunately too deep to reach in. Plus they move quickly so if you're lying on the ground they can cover 8 metres of hedge a lot quicker than me!"

Can you block them off with a plank or something?

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Turn the hose on and flush it out along the hedge

By *onbons_xxMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Well the update this morning is that I've seen one of them so i'm hoping they're both still alive and kicking! My mum is coming round today, hopefully we can catch the little angels!

Good luck, hope you get them

I managed to catch one of them before my mum arrived. We've seen the other, but she's smart to my lure! I'm sure we'll get her before darkness falls!"

This seems more positive news!

I'm sure they're having a ball of a weekend running the rings round you, hopefully the one remaining will get bored and return to the land of other guinea pigs.

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

The hedge is unfortunately too deep to reach in. Plus they move quickly so if you're lying on the ground they can cover 8 metres of hedge a lot quicker than me!

Can you block them off with a plank or something? "

We caught the explorer with a plank, although initially she jumped over it a couple of times. With a concerted effort and 2 pairs of hands she still had us at it for 30 minutes the little angel!

They're all back together again now, and my boy pig is happy to have his hareem back! They're safely in their shed...not using that awful chinese/online purchase run again!

over a year ago

glad i read this before logging off - good news

over a year ago

Can you block them off with a plank or something?

We caught the explorer with a plank, although initially she jumped over it a couple of times. With a concerted effort and 2 pairs of hands she still had us at it for 30 minutes the little angel!

They're all back together again now, and my boy pig is happy to have his hareem back! They're safely in their shed...not using that awful chinese/online purchase run again! "

Aww yay!! Little sods. Glad they're back again. x

over a year ago

Yay they're home!!

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

Thanks for all your supportive vibes guys and gals! X

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Good to hear that the powers of good and strawberries triumph in the end xx

over a year ago

Now you've got them back safe & sound I did think Scarlets post read as ' Cant you knock them off with a plank' ~ which I thought was a tad harsh

over a year ago

"Now you've got them back safe & sound I did think Scarlets post read as ' Cant you knock them off with a plank' ~ which I thought was a tad harsh "

I'm not quite that mean.

Like whack-a-gerbil. They'll think twice about running away next time.

over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Now you've got them back safe & sound I did think Scarlets post read as ' Cant you knock them off with a plank' ~ which I thought was a tad harsh

I'm not quite that mean.

Like whack-a-gerbil. They'll think twice about running away next time. "

Aww no my poor little munchkins!

I'm in the process of building a huge chicken coop (not for chickens!) which will keep the little darlings out of the hedge!

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple
over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

This is not the warhammer 40k post i was expecting..

Post new Message to Thread