Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Big Sam

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

With all due respect to the Big Sam but I do not see a future for the English National team, shame.

Waste of time and money for me.

What do you think about that?

Oh, I almost forgot, I support the English team for many years, as well as Liverpool FC.

MrA

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think it matters who they appoint as manager when the world cup or euros come around again we are just not good enough to compete against world class sides.

over a year ago

"With all due respect to the Big Sam but I do not see a future for the English National team, shame.

Oh, I almost forgot, I support the English team for many years, as well as Liverpool FC.

MrA "

Good choice with Liverpool, what made you pick them to support if you don't mind me asking.

over a year ago

"I don't think it matters who they appoint as manager when the world cup or euros come around again we are just not good enough to compete against world class sides."

I think is matter, for me the best option was Jürgen Klinsmann. These players have great potential, they need someone who knows how to exploit their potential, I have serious doubts whether Big Sam can do it

over a year ago

One of the most underated managers in the game.

Years ahead of many other managers in his backroom work and technical knowledge.

Passionate, great motivator. He'd have taken the job for free if they asked him.

Actually wanted the job with a real passion.

Has handled some big names and handled them well.

Most likely to pick the form player and play him in their best position, regardless of who they are.

He's unlikely to tolerate prima donnas or take any crap from the players.

I suspect he'll get the team as passionate as he is.

He also seems to be able to find a plan B when needed.

Great appointment.

By *atietvsheffTV/TS
over a year ago

Sheffield

The problem with the England team is the premiership, great stage for the worlds best to perform and get paid huge amounts of money, very difficult for home grown talent to break through and the ones that do get delusions of grandeur, and have done for many years. It won't ever happen but in theory all the premiership teams should be made to play the England U21 team which should be bought by the FA and entered into the Premiership as a team........ Just an idea, thoughts????

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Big Sam embraces medical and technological advances within the game. The only manage to tame Ivan Campo.

Great choice

over a year ago

"Big Sam embraces medical and technological advances within the game. The only manage to tame Ivan Campo.

Great choice"

This.

over a year ago

Time will tell I suppose

By *ammykingMan
over a year ago

Lisburn

The England team at the moment is full of individual's that can't play as a team to save their lives

over a year ago

"One of the most underated managers in the game.

Years ahead of many other managers in his backroom work and technical knowledge.

Passionate, great motivator. He'd have taken the job for free if they asked him.

Most likely to pick the form player and play him in their best position, regardless of who they are.

Great appointment. "

You mean another coach? I watch premier league and I am sure that it is not Big Sam.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"I don't think it matters who they appoint as manager when the world cup or euros come around again we are just not good enough to compete against world class sides.

I think is matter, for me the best option was Jürgen Klinsmann. These players have great potential, they need someone who knows how to exploit their potential, I have serious doubts whether Big Sam can do it "

The only way klinsmann would make a difference is if he togged out and played

You need better players not a better manager

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Great appointment.

You mean another coach? I watch premier league and I am sure that it is not Big Sam."

More talk about passion when you guys appoint an English manager

Passion doesn't win tournaments. It's skill and technical ability

over a year ago

I like big Sa

though tbh we have a crap team who get paid damn well regardless if they win aye trophies or not

all that talent and skill them top football have

Why dont they use it?

no manager can make agood squad on his own the players have to want to play damn good football and win

dn the England time want that?

hmmmm il sit on the fence and just wait

over a year ago

Big Sam even

over a year ago

Until it stops being a big boys club where popularity and big club credentials come before passion and effort it will always be a failure.

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

The difference with Sam is he will get them working together all over the pitch rather than 11 individuals. He managed it last season and I think we'll see a stronger England unlike the one that buckled against Russia Slovakia and Iceland. He won't be afraid to drop the likes of Hart either if he puts in more performances like that again.

over a year ago

"The difference with Sam is he will get them working together all over the pitch rather than 11 individuals. He managed it last season and I think we'll see a stronger England unlike the one that buckled against Russia Slovakia and Iceland. He won't be afraid to drop the likes of Hart either if he puts in more performances like that again. "

over a year ago

Great appointment.

You mean another coach? I watch premier league and I am sure that it is not Big Sam."

Here, borrow these....

*removes glasses and hands them over......

over a year ago

"The difference with Sam is he will get them working together all over the pitch rather than 11 individuals. He managed it last season and I think we'll see a stronger England unlike the one that buckled against Russia Slovakia and Iceland. He won't be afraid to drop the likes of Hart either if he puts in more performances like that again. "

This.

over a year ago

Give the guy a chance he can do no worse than those who have had the job before him. Good luck and let us hope the overpaid prima donna's who he picks are proud to wear the shirt and play with some passion.

England can only get better as right now we are crap simple as!

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

I think that he will be an improvement on several of his predecessors.I also think that won't be too difficult..

over a year ago

When you hear the majority (some exceptions) of English players talk you can see they did not receive much education (unlike the Frence, Spanish, Dutch or Spanish) hence no point getting a foreign manager with tactical ideas - the dimwits could not follow it anyway

over a year ago

"I think that he will be an improvement on several of his predecessors.I also think that won't be too difficult.. "

Up until the actual tournament he was the best thing since sliced bread, I did not hear any calls for him to go ???

By *cunnylassCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

"I think that he will be an improvement on several of his predecessors.I also think that won't be too difficult..

Up until the actual tournament he was the best thing since sliced bread, I did not hear any calls for him to go ???"

Who are you talking about ?

over a year ago

Ah, Big Sam.

I understand he won Division 3 many years ago.

Enough said.

over a year ago

"With all due respect to the Big Sam but I do not see a future for the English National team, shame.

MrA "

But Liverpool are one of the biggest under-achieving teams of the modern era!!! Not to mention the deathbed of many fine players who had success at smaller clubs and took big money to go there.

over a year ago

MrA

But Liverpool are one of the biggest under-achieving teams of the modern era!!! Not to mention the deathbed of many fine players who had success at smaller clubs and took big money to go there."

What's the difference how big the club is? I support also Lechia Gdansk, anyone know what kind of club is it? I don't think so. And by the way that football had become a business and not a sport

over a year ago

MrA

But Liverpool are one of the biggest under-achieving teams of the modern era!!! Not to mention the deathbed of many fine players who had success at smaller clubs and took big money to go there.

What's the difference how big the club is? I support also Lechia Gdansk, anyone know what kind of club is it? I don't think so. And by the way that football had become a business and not a sport"

The difference is that Liverpool are perceived as a 'big club', mainly because of their history, finances and fan base, which allows them to poach players from other clubs but ruin them by leaving them on the bench and blocking them from regular football. Nothing Liverpool have done on the pitch justifies their status as a 'big club'.

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

A quote from an old film....."When the legend becomes the truth, print the legend" (The Man who shot Liberty Valance).

Mike Bassett has become England manager.

Post new Message to Thread