Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mothers day

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Mothers day, a day we celebrate all that is good in that special woman, a woman that taught you lessons, a woman that has and will always care and be there for you, so to all you mothers out there have a good day tommorrow you deserve it!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

tch, who you callin mothers. really some peeps.

over a year ago

"Mothers day, a day we celebrate all that is good in that special woman, a woman that taught you lessons, a woman that has and will always care and be there for you, so to all you mothers out there have a good day tommorrow you deserve it!!! "

What sentimental CRAP.

If the description above applies to you and your mum then that's fantastic.

There are millions of children ill treated by their mothers on a daily basis.

I'll be rooting for those kids instead xx

over a year ago

"Mothers day, a day we celebrate all that is good in that special woman, a woman that taught you lessons, a woman that has and will always care and be there for you, so to all you mothers out there have a good day tommorrow you deserve it!!! "
yes thats how mothers should be x but not all are. And some will be missing there mums as not around to send cards BIG hugs and kisses to them x Did give my mum gits and card .. and have her here for meal tomorrow. jo xx

over a year ago

Its my second mothers day tomorrow.. my mum sent me a DVD that she had made (on behalf of my 15month old) and its 25mins of various pictures, video clips etc of my little ones life so far

Such a perfect pressie!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive just been and got my mothers flowers. Just lovely to see all the little kids with there dads buying flowers with their pocket money.

Mothers day is about celebrating mothers.

I agree with granny crumpet that their are a lot of bad mothers but we do have awareness days and months and weeks to think/help these children that are neglected and abused.

Mothers day is once a year and yes my son appreciates me all year round (mostly lol). But its special and i feel sorry for anyone that thinks its just sentimental crap

over a year ago

im so lucky to still have my mum shes survived against ALL the odds...Ive made her a huge big canvas picture of my 3 little grand daughters cos she just loves them soooo much....cant wait to see her face when she sees it .as for me as long as i get a card or a phone call im happy ..

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"a woman that has and will always care and be there for you"

Utter bollocks (in my case)!! I've been in hospital 3 times in 3 weeks and my "mother" hasn't once phoned or visited to see how I am, won't be one I will be celebrating with her!!!!

over a year ago

" ...........But its special and i feel sorry for anyone that thinks its just sentimental crap"

I'm possibly the least sentimental person on Fab but I'm taking someone else's Mum out tomorrow 'cos her only son is many thousands of miles away and I wouldn't see her sitting alone on Mother's Day for all the tea in China.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I didn't think I would offend anyone with this thread! I love my mum she great, on returning from the first gulf she was the only person I could talk to about the attrosaties ( not sure if that's spelt right) I've seen and been through she s the one person who understands about my PTSD she can sence when I am feeling down even when I'm not there!

over a year ago

" ...........But its special and i feel sorry for anyone that thinks its just sentimental crap

I'm possibly the least sentimental person on Fab but I'm taking someone else's Mum out tomorrow 'cos her only son is many thousands of miles away and I wouldn't see her sitting alone on Mother's Day for all the tea in China."

You maybe not sentimental but thats a very caring thing to do .. theres a complete difference ... nIce one !!

over a year ago

"Ive just been and got my mothers flowers. Just lovely to see all the little kids with there dads buying flowers with their pocket money.

Mothers day is about celebrating mothers.

I agree with granny crumpet that their are a lot of bad mothers but we do have awareness days and months and weeks to think/help these children that are neglected and abused.

Mothers day is once a year and yes my son appreciates me all year round (mostly lol). But its special and i feel sorry for anyone that thinks its just sentimental crap"

I never said I think Mothers Day is sentimental Crap. I meant the post was.

Mind you - come to think of it ...is IS sentimental crap started by card and gift companies as are MANY of the days people just follow like sheep.

There are thousands if not millions of mothers who would love a visit from their children but instead they are sent the ubiquitous flowers or chocs which their 'loving' offspring see as an excuse to keep on doing their own thing on mothers day.

over a year ago

" ...........But its special and i feel sorry for anyone that thinks its just sentimental crap

I'm possibly the least sentimental person on Fab but I'm taking someone else's Mum out tomorrow 'cos her only son is many thousands of miles away and I wouldn't see her sitting alone on Mother's Day for all the tea in China."

Now that's fantastic ..xxx Action not words x

over a year ago

"I didn't think I would offend anyone with this thread! I love my mum she great, on returning from the first gulf she was the only person I could talk to about the attrosaties ( not sure if that's spelt right) I've seen and been through she s the one person who understands about my PTSD she can sence when I am feeling down even when I'm not there! "

I don't think you offended anyone. People are just passing their opinions on it. IM not a sentimentalist but i would be bloody miffed if my children didn't do something about mothers day. As it is I will be with my daughters in Manchester tomorrow.

It's good that you love your mum.

Not everyone has a loving mother though. So there will be differing opinions.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Its my second mothers day tomorrow.. my mum sent me a DVD that she had made (on behalf of my 15month old) and its 25mins of various pictures, video clips etc of my little ones life so far

Such a perfect pressie!"

Ah I like that.

I love personalised gifts

over a year ago

"Its my second mothers day tomorrow.. my mum sent me a DVD that she had made (on behalf of my 15month old) and its 25mins of various pictures, video clips etc of my little ones life so far

Such a perfect pressie!

Ah I like that.

I love personalised gifts "

She also sent me the video over the net last night and i just cried sooooo much

By *mack my bumMan
over a year ago

Hayle

Gr8 pressie sounds like a fab mom

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"

Mind you - come to think of it ...is IS sentimental crap started by card and gift companies as are MANY of the days people just follow like sheep.

"

The roots of Mothering Sunday, goes back to Roman times when in mid March there was a celebration of the Mother Goddess.

It is now a Christian festical celebrated on the 4th Sunday in Lent. And in the 16th century onwards servants were given the day off to visit their Mothers.

Unfortunately, like Christmas, certain companies will exploit, but it was not started by them

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The way I see the gift giving is.....People come looking for Mothers Day gifts, they like to buy their mothers a present and shops are in the business of selling things.

They are not frog marched into the shops with one arm twisted up behind their back and forced into making purchases.

Many children make their mother a little something at school and that is lovely, equally if they want to purchase something they have that option in the shops.

over a year ago

one of my lovely girls hand made me a card ... she had taken pics of the net of us together .... its full of lovely pics of me and her ... has pearls and things on ...... nice having a card like this i will keep this forever x

over a year ago

"

Unfortunately, like Christmas, certain companies will exploit, but it was not started by them"

They can only exploit it if we let them. As Jane says - nobody is forced to buy cards, flowers or presents. The greetings card people must think folks are mugs.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I think most mothers have wept at the handmade cards and presents we have recieved. No monitary value at all but something they will treasure.

Ive just spent a lovely afternoon with my mother

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

The best Mothers day cards I have ever received, and I kept them all to this day, are the ones my sons made in Primary School.

Along with their handmade Easter and Christmas cards....

over a year ago

I dont expect anything at all from my boys, but I shall love the fact that the two of them will come up to me tomorrow morning, when they eventually get up, and say Happy Mother's Day. My eldest at 21 is sensible and says it properly, no doubt he will have a card and present. My youngest, who is 15, will grunt three times, because he thinks its naff to say Happy Mother's Day to your mum, but his three grunts will signify each word. I love him for that

over a year ago

"

The roots of Mothering Sunday, goes back to Roman times when in mid March there was a celebration of the Mother Goddess.

It is now a Christian festical celebrated on the 4th Sunday in Lent. And in the 16th century onwards servants were given the day off to visit their Mothers.

Unfortunately, like Christmas, certain companies will exploit, but it was not started by them"

The idea of giving a card and a present has nothing to do with the original 'mother church' sunday.

over a year ago

I have bought my Mum (designed by my daughter on the computer) a Photo Box Album book. Filled with precious photographs of her family and her life. My daughter made me one for Christmas and is created a few tears. Her logic is wherever I go I not only take my family away in my heart but have this book to look at

over a year ago

That's lovely pussy x

By *heWolfMan
over a year ago

warwickshire

Oh fuck it. Now I've got to go and find a garage that's open...

Post new Message to Thread