Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who believes

Jump to newest

By *anger mouse and Emma OP   Couple
over a year ago

Honiton

Who believes in crystal balls and tarot card readings ect?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No. Next question

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

They are a means to an end, nothing intrinsic in them. One may as well use entrails.

By *callycatMan
over a year ago

Mid Wales

No...its just mumbo jumbo....

By *am-RaiderMan
over a year ago

Corby

Not at all. Absolute bollocks.

over a year ago

Living in Blackpool, there are many many fortune tellers in all guises. I am so very sceptical. It scares me though when a lucky heather lady tries to follow me shouting my fortune in the high street.

Although my sister once dragged me to a Spiritualist church. The guest speaker was a crazy who drew pictures of people that had visited her the night before to give messages to the congregation. My favourite bit was when no one humoured her. She went on and on like Mrs Doyle with a teapot. Loved every crazy second.

over a year ago

"Now, I'm getting the word....................nonce"

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

No I don't.

But if others do, cool. My sister in law goes pretty regular for a reading and swears by it.

over a year ago

oh I certainly believe in tarot readings and the psyche for sure...

over a year ago

"Who believes in crystal balls and tarot card readings ect?

The background to it all is very intriguing and something I've read a little on, but in answer to your question then I'm afraid it's a no

"

over a year ago

""Now, I'm getting the word....................nonce" "

over a year ago

no utter mumbo jumbo

over a year ago

Absolutely not

over a year ago

i got told off one i was going to have 3 kids. i have more kids than that.

over a year ago

Aimed at weak willed people....so no !

over a year ago

""Now, I'm getting the word....................nonce"

"

Good man!!

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Who believes in crystal balls and tarot card readings ect? "

Nah.

Live in Glastonbury, mate. 47 varieties of enlightenment on the doorstep. Mostly harmless but mostly nuts.

over a year ago

we all have our own beliefs don't we... and if it is a comfort for some people to believe in the psyche.. then that's it really isn't it....

surely there has to be something "out there"............ we really must go somewhere after we die..........

over a year ago

"we all have our own beliefs don't we... and if it is a comfort for some people to believe in the psyche.. then that's it really isn't it....

surely there has to be something "out there"............ we really must go somewhere after we die.........."

idk, i'd like to think that myself but in reality i think there's nothing once we stop functioning. all we become is other peoples memories.

over a year ago

"Living in Blackpool, there are many many fortune tellers in all guises. I am so very sceptical. It scares me though when a lucky heather lady tries to follow me shouting my fortune in the high street.

Although my sister once dragged me to a Spiritualist church. The guest speaker was a crazy who drew pictures of people that had visited her the night before to give messages to the congregation. My favourite bit was when no one humoured her. She went on and on like Mrs Doyle with a teapot. Loved every crazy second. "

Don't think she means you Mrs Doyle, put the spell book down and step away from the cauldron

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"No. Next question "

I sensed you were going to say that before I even opened the thread...

over a year ago

"we all have our own beliefs don't we... and if it is a comfort for some people to believe in the psyche.. then that's it really isn't it....

surely there has to be something "out there"............ we really must go somewhere after we die..........

idk, i'd like to think that myself but in reality i think there's nothing once we stop functioning. all we become is other peoples memories."

oh certainly we all have our own beliefs... I have known bereavement .. family bereavement... and I do believe there is something that happens to us after we pass from this world... and that in fact it's our souls which will live on.. not our bodies.. but our souls and how we are made and our nature...

over a year ago

Firm believer in paranormal, having seen, felt, heard and caught on camera numerous paranormal occur antes. Particularly as I'm sceptical about any such event so do my very best to investigate it or try and rationalise it until I am left with the only answer that it is paranormal.

I first became a real believer when visiting a psychic, who talked to me about a a military friend of mine who was killed in action during an operation we were on, she described the operation in detail, describing where we were, what we were there to do. I can firmly state, that said operation was only known about by very few people, all of which were military. Not even my family or civvy friends had knowledge of it.

She then talked about an injury I had received during another operation, which plagued me with pain now and again, that dr's had tried and failed to fix for me and resolve the pain to no avail, she fixed it for me with spiritual healing there and then, and from that day to now, I have never suffered any pain with it.

People should be sceptical of the paranormal, because it is so sensationalised, embellished or just plain made up or faked, however I believe if you close your mind to the possibility of it entirely, then you won't see it at a all.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I'd like to believe but I had booked in for a second reading with a well known guy around here but he broke down on the way. Surely he could of let us know a couple of days in advance eh?

The first time I saw someone was soonish after a close family death and I found it very comforting

over a year ago

really.. have you... oh gosh.. that's absolutely amazing for me to read your post...

how amazing..

over a year ago

idk, i'd like to think that myself but in reality i think there's nothing once we stop functioning. all we become is other peoples memories.

oh certainly we all have our own beliefs... I have known bereavement .. family bereavement... and I do believe there is something that happens to us after we pass from this world... and that in fact it's our souls which will live on.. not our bodies.. but our souls and how we are made and our nature..."

well, one day we will find out. i'm scared of being alive but everyone thinks i've died so they bury me.

over a year ago

I do believe, but I think there are so many fakes out there

over a year ago

oh certainly we all have our own beliefs... I have known bereavement .. family bereavement... and I do believe there is something that happens to us after we pass from this world... and that in fact it's our souls which will live on.. not our bodies.. but our souls and how we are made and our nature...

well, one day we will find out. i'm scared of being alive but everyone thinks i've died so they bury me."

oh please never be afraid being alive.. we are all here to be in this world aren't we.... and people have their own personalities don't they... never be frightened about life ... ever...

over a year ago

"Aimed at weak willed people....so no !"

A few hundred years ago you may have been called weak willed if you believed someone had told you it was possible to talk to someone on the other side of the world, or watch pictures on a box, or fly in an object made of metal.

A few hundred years before that, they wouldn't have said the other side of the world, they would have said at the edge of the world.

People may have called the inventors, creators and discoverers of such things weak willed for believing the could do it, or create it.

I'd go as far as to say that those who have made such amazing discoveries advancing the human race and making scientific break throughs, whilst being pooh poohed, criticised and ridiculed by the general population, and none believers were anything but weak willed...

A lack of understanding or belief shouldn't lead to contempt of those that do....

over a year ago

"Who believes in crystal balls and tarot card readings ect?

"

Not me I'm afraid.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Depends how you use tarot. They can't predict the future but they can aid meditation and self awareness. I don't have experience of crystal balls

over a year ago

Certainly not....

over a year ago

I find it a bit nieve that people believe that a human invented card system can somehow tell the future.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Not me.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman
over a year ago

Lyndhurst

No i did believe in it for a while when i was 13.

over a year ago

Well you don't have to pay nothing here on the net for free . lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"i got told off one i was going to have 3 kids. i have more kids than that. "
.....but you had 3 kids....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

No

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I find it a bit nieve that people believe that a human invented card system can somehow tell the future."

It can't. It's the user not what he/she uses. It's a focus or tool or aid for ones own abilities, none of these things have any intrinsic power or ability. It all lies within people.

over a year ago

"i got told off one i was going to have 3 kids. i have more kids than that. .....but you had 3 kids...."

lol, just no. that is not what they meant.

over a year ago

My dead aunt asked me to tell you its all utter bollocks.

over a year ago

Crystal balls

It's amazing how far surgery has progressed

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I find it a bit nieve that people believe that a human invented card system can somehow tell the future.

It can't. It's the user not what he/she uses. It's a focus or tool or aid for ones own abilities, none of these things have any intrinsic power or ability. It all lies within people. "

Post new Message to Thread