Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

leave pistorious alone

Jump to newest

By *uby0000 OP   Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

South Africa's National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said it was seeking permission to appeal the six-year prison sentence handed to paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

"The sentence of six years imprisonment, in all the circumstances, is disproportionate to the crime of murder committed [and] shockingly too lenient," the NPA said in a strongly worded statement. The NPA added the sentence was "an injustice and has the potential to bring the administration of justice into disrepute."

leave him alone!!!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"South Africa's National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said it was seeking permission to appeal the six-year prison sentence handed to paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

"The sentence of six years imprisonment, in all the circumstances, is disproportionate to the crime of murder committed [and] shockingly too lenient," the NPA said in a strongly worded statement. The NPA added the sentence was "an injustice and has the potential to bring the administration of justice into disrepute."

leave him alone!!!!!!"

Why leave him alone?

over a year ago

"South Africa's National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said it was seeking permission to appeal the six-year prison sentence handed to paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

leave him alone!!!!!!"

In sure the murdered girls father doesn't think the same.

over a year ago

leave him alone!!!!!!

In sure the murdered girls father doesn't think the same. "

I'm *

over a year ago

Hes a fucking good actor....but no Oscar for Oscar

over a year ago

The sentence should fit the crime.

In this case he robbed her of her life......he should spend his inside a prison.

over a year ago

The man has been through the justice system, stood trial and been sentenced.

We may not agree on the terms but it is done.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/07/16 18:30:21]

over a year ago

I think they should follow what the bible say, tough, but fair.

over a year ago

"The man has been through the justice system, stood trial and been sentenced.

We may not agree on the terms but it is done."

Would you feel that way if it was a family member he murdered?

over a year ago

Our justice system allows for changes to sentences if found too lenient or too lengthy upon review.

over a year ago

leave him alone!!!!!!"

Six years isn't enough for brutally murdering someone. I can't imagine he'd appeal against it either as he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

over a year ago

he should serve the full 15 years at least

over a year ago

It doesn't matter what we think. The prosecution service in SA don't think it's a fair sentence and their laws allow them to appeal it.

over a year ago

If the justice system allows this then it's fair.

Money seems to talk a lot and the rich can not get away with murder.

over a year ago

We may not agree on the terms but it is done.

Our justice system allows for changes to sentences if found too lenient or too lengthy upon review."

Sorry I mean. Ours does so I have no issue in other countries too... If I was to criticise their legal system it wouldn't be for reviewing sentencing lengths...

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

He will have his conscience to deal with and that can be more severe.

over a year ago

"He will have his conscience to deal with and that can be more severe."

Hmmmm

over a year ago

The sentence time should be up to Rivas family to decide or at least have a genuine say .

6 years is no way enough .

I don't belive in the death sentence but Murder should be life and life should mean life !

over a year ago

Pistorius loaded his pistol with today's equivalent of dum/dum bullets. If you saw a photo of what those bullets did to his girlfriend you might feel differently.

over a year ago

A conscience can be eased a little when you are sitting by the pool in your mansion. It's harder to deal with in the chokey.

over a year ago

Seriously, his concience. I doubt that's going to keep him up at night.

If he had a conscience he would have given her parents closure and admitted his crime but he didn't. He denied a crime took place to save his own ass.

That does not show any conscience or remorse for the taking of a life only fear for what will be of his.

over a year ago

If he was in the USA he could have got the death sentence !

He should shut up an live it !

The poor family of Riva will never get over it !

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

leave him alone!!!!!!"

Seriously? ??? 6 years for muruder is way too lenient.

Leave him alone my arse!

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

....and murder

By *yesbeenopened2Couple
over a year ago

Rugby

As far as I'm concerned, he hasn't got a leg to stand on...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/07/16 19:44:16]

over a year ago

I can't see how his sentence was severe enough . No way ...

He was found guilty of murder , so how is six years a fair punishment ?

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

leave him alone!!!!!!

Why leave him alone? "

By *uby0000 OP   Woman
over a year ago

hertfordshire

i think it must be awful to keep dragging it up for reevas parents hes been convicted let it rest and let reeva RIP

over a year ago

"i think it must be awful to keep dragging it up for reevas parents hes been convicted let it rest and let reeva RIP "

If it was my daughter I would welcome an appeal from the prosecution.

I think it would be harder for them to see him walk free after only six years.

over a year ago

"i think it must be awful to keep dragging it up for reevas parents hes been convicted let it rest and let reeva RIP "

I would doubt her family will ever get any rest regardless of whether the system let's it rest or not.

And... justice is never only for the victim and family. It serves a lot of purposes including deterrents and rehabilitation. Personally I believe the current sentence doesn't provide either due to its length.

I do find it bizarre that if you would like the system to let it rest for the family you would word it to leave the murderer alone but text can always have a way of misrepresentation.

Still nice sentiments to give her family space from court rooms and a media circus. I just don't agree that it's doesn't need reviewed.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

So if you heard it was the parents who are involved in the request for the review your view could change?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

can i ask is the 6yrs added onto what he has already served..... or does the 6yrs include what he has already done?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"can i ask is the 6yrs added onto what he has already served..... or does the 6yrs include what he has already done?"

I think it's on top, but I'm not certain. I understand it to be a sentence of 6 to recognise that time has already been served, thereby giving a longer sentence overall.

over a year ago

leave him alone!!!!!!"

wow !!! the man brutaly planned and shot a woman cold dead leave him alone he should be locked away for life

I wonder how you would truly feel if it was your sister , daughter , ?

over a year ago

Rarely have I seen a thread where the op is totally on their own on an opinion .....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"i think it must be awful to keep dragging it up for reevas parents hes been convicted let it rest and let reeva RIP

Rarely have I seen a thread where the op is totally on their own on an opinion ....."

The thread title doesn't suggest it's a thread about letting Reeva Steenkamp rest in peace. I wonder if the OP would have received a different response if phrased in that way?

By *orthLincsIronCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Of the 6 years he will serve 3 at most. Far to lenient. If he was a black South African man with no money or fame I think the sentence would've been far harsher, and rightly so for a cold blooded murder. Oscar should be sentenced according to the law and not on who he is. I personally think all judges, who have handed him jail time, have been huge fans of his and therefore totally biased.

over a year ago

He's a sociopath; he has no conscience.

over a year ago

leave him alone!!!!!!"

FFS he murdered his girlfriend.....

What a stupid comment OP

Or maybe you think we should all feel sorry for his limblessness

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

All Oscar Wanted Was A New Bathroom Door But She Was Dead Against it..

By *omersetfun15Couple
over a year ago

bridgwater

leave him alone!!!!!!"

Murderer

Post new Message to Thread