Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

BIN MEN

Jump to newest

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

Cardiff/Newport/Bristol/M4

is it me or are they the laziest twats ever!!

i grew up in the 70s and 80s and then the bin men would walk down our drive way,pick up our quite heavy metal bins as some of you may remember,walk up the driveway,empty it and bring it back.

NOW....

not only are you expected to sort the rubbish into different bags,boxes and the like but also put food stuff in diffrerent bags etc etc

on top of that on certain days you have to put your rubbish at the roadside for them

on top of that if you bin is too full and you can fit all the bags in you either have to keep them til they come again or put them into the truck yourself!!!

If i wanted to be a fucking bin man i would of gone to uni to be one

Is it just me or are they just the laziest bunch of c**** this side of the moon!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

you can breathe now lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well if they were your bins wouldn't get emptied.

over a year ago

some 1 got to do the dirty work

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I think it's quite obvious that the bin men do the job exactly the way their bosses (Councils) want them to do it.

I don't think they were consulted on recycling methods do you?

over a year ago

well my man did a stint as a bin man, i dont know about where you live, but on his round you were expected to run! they had very long rounds to complete , ridiculous health and safety rules to comply with and most where burnt out by 35 with back and knee injuries. Probably the 70's bin men didnt have the same targets set! x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i think the laziest C**** of all time are those not in gainful employment claiming benefits when there is nothing preventing them from getting a job except their bone idleness and the belief that the world owes them a favour.

like yo said - you dont want to be a bin man but someone has to and i think you will find its their employers forcing the above mentioned rules - not the actual bin men themselves

over a year ago

Yep thats what i used ta think till i actually spoke ta one

The health and safety laws in this country actually make them so frustrated that they cant do a proper job as they would want too xx

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Hmmmm let me think about this one.... who is the most lazy c**t.... hmmmmmm.

Is it the guys who have to empty a allocated number of bins in a fixed amount of time in order to be able to meet the terms of their contract and ensure everyone's bin is emptied? Hmmmmmm.

Or is it the person who moans about the hardship of taking their own rubbish all the way to the roadside.... because they don't want the hassle of taking it to a recycling center themselves..... hmmmmmmm.

I need to think about this one.

By *mack my bumMan
over a year ago

Hayle

Where I live u have go put your bins at the end of the rd it's no hardship takes 2 mins one week it's normal rubbish the next week it's green bins can't see wot the problem is wheeling your own bin and sorting ur recycling out

By *ee_awMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"i think the laziest C**** of all time are those not in gainful employment claiming benefits when there is nothing preventing them from getting a job except their bone idleness and the belief that the world owes them a favour.

"

With you on that one....

By *WLondonMixMan
over a year ago

Willsden/DollisHill

[Removed by poster at 01/04/11 12:01:05]

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

i look at it like this..

i i wanted to sift thru my own rubbish to sort it out for them i would of applied to be a bin man or some kind of recycling knob

i dont care how hard the job is if thats your choice to do that job then thats YOUR choice

I dont ask anyone to do any part of my job i do it very well

I think too many people just accept this bullshit i mean if everyone didnt take bins to the end of the road or sort the rubbish out etc eventually they would have to empty them wouldnt they??

Anyway i will just go back to doing what i do in my household i dont sort out fuck all i put all RUBBISH which is what it is in one bag,tie it up and away they go lol if they want to open it and sift thru it go ahead

fuck em i say

ohh and if that makes me a lazy c**** then so be it but then again instead of sorting out refuse i can do more of MY job!! which is more important to me than a bin mans rules and regulations crap

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

You haven't got it have you?

It's not the rules of the bin man....it's the rule of the council

So HOW does that make the bin men lazy?

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

rules rules rules

i actually dont care about the councils rules lol thats why in my household ( just me that is not anyone else in my household) i dont sort out fuck all for them.

I cant actually believe i am the only person that feels like this guess i am turning into a victor meldrew lol

anyway on to MY job

over a year ago

I think they do a wonderful job, not a job that i could personally do and i suspect a lot of others wouldn't want to do it either.

over a year ago

There will be a few bin men unable to sleep tonight through the worry of unsorted rubbish being left out for them.

"eventually they would have to empty them wouldnt they" .... ermmmmm.... no.

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

wonderful job! are you kidding me lol

so if your bins are full and you have extra rubbish and its zero degrees outside and pissing rain..you would go out at 7am in your nightie and empty your own rubbish??

maybe they wonderful in your area but every area i have lived they are c**** lol

"I think they do a wonderful job, not a job that i could personally do and i suspect a lot of others wouldn't want to do it either.

"

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

couldnt care less if it worried them or not its my way of saying fcuk your rules and do the job YOU chose to do.

"There will be a few bin men unable to sleep tonight through the worry of unsorted rubbish being left out for them.

"eventually they would have to empty them wouldnt they" .... ermmmmm.... no."

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I want one of those jobs where my ego is so over inflated that I feel happy to look down on others that are not as important as me....

I must start filling out applications

over a year ago

at the end of the day its my rubbish, i buy things, i use things and when they are ready to be disposed off i'm just greatfull i only have to sort it (automatic reaction) into various bags and that i only place it on my doorstep for someone to kindly take it to landfill/ recycling centre.

Its a service i'm sure we all take for granted.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Like every job, the boss makes the rules. They are doing what they are told to do

I really don't think they sort out the rubbish anyway do they?

The reason you have to recycle has nothing to do with the bin men does it?

over a year ago

"couldnt care less if it worried them or not its my way of saying fcuk your rules and do the job YOU chose to do.

There will be a few bin men unable to sleep tonight through the worry of unsorted rubbish being left out for them.

"eventually they would have to empty them wouldnt they" .... ermmmmm.... no."

I should explain... that was sarcasm.... the bin men don't give a shit what is in your bags and bin... they do as they are employed to do... they do their job.

I do find your belief that they will have to collect it sooner or later quite funny.

Bin collection is a service not a god given right.

Your council could quite easily say that with the cut backs and all, they are removing the service and you will either have to take your rubbish to the recyling center yourself or pay for private collection.

Some people do refuse to deal with rubbish and leave it in their gardens and eventually the council will come along and remove it.... whilst leaving you with a bill for their trouble.

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

look down on them??

did i miss something here?

I didnt tell someone to go and be a bin man

thats THEIR choice!

as for over inflated ego i dont get where that comes into a debate about bin men doing the job they are paid to do..it seems to me they do as little as possible!

But if i have upset you with my rant about bin men then i am sooo sorry please accept my apologies maybe you can help them out on their rounds xxx

Wait til i post about bus drivers! that will really get your goat up!

"I want one of those jobs where my ego is so over inflated that I feel happy to look down on others that are not as important as me....

I must start filling out applications"

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

you know what!

if it did come to paying for a private firm to do the bin run

I WOULD HAPPILY pay them!

i am all for paying for a service if its done right

the amount of council tax i pay and other taxes they do a piss poor job in my opinion.

over a year ago

"you know what!

the amount of council tax i pay and other taxes they do a piss poor job in my opinion."

what do you expect bin collection men to do??

over a year ago

"you know what!

the amount of council tax i pay and other taxes they do a piss poor job in my opinion."

Then stop being a lazy (I beleive you chose the term c**t) and sort out private collection for your rubbish. You can get your council tax reduced andf pay for a service you are happy with.... at a price.

I hope your job doesn't involve problem solving (or solution sourcing as they like to call it these days).... because you are crap at it.

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

lol you sound even more pissed off than me

your not a bin man by any chance are you!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"you know what!

the amount of council tax i pay and other taxes they do a piss poor job in my opinion.

Then stop being a lazy (I beleive you chose the term c**t) and sort out private collection for your rubbish. You can get your council tax reduced andf pay for a service you are happy with.... at a price.

I hope your job doesn't involve problem solving (or solution sourcing as they like to call it these days).... because you are crap at it."

Shelf filling has a lot of solution sourcing if you don't mind.....

Heinz Baked Beans....now do they go to the left or right of the Branston baked beans?

over a year ago

"lol you sound even more pissed off than me

your not a bin man by any chance are you! "

I am not pissed off at all... I find the short-sighted stupidity of others highly amusing.

Do let is know how the new arrangements turn out.

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

yes of course i shall because this post was about bin men not about your opinion of me that is of no interest to me or anyone else i would of thought!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

When we started having coloured bins here which isnt that long ago, first couple of weeks i put the wrong ones out, i was really surprised that the bin men had actually come down my entry and swapped the bins over.

Also if for some reason all my rubbish doesnt fit in the bin i just tape a note to it and ask if they will take the extra rubbish that ive bagged up next to it.

I wonder how much you will moan when they havent collected it for two months and you cant get down your street for bags of rubbish. Oh but it wouldnt bother you as you will be to important with your "IMPORTANT" job. I know lots that would sooner empty bins than be on the dole

over a year ago

evesham

"yes of course i shall because this post was about bin men not about your opinion of me that is of no interest to me or anyone else i would of thought!"

no we are all forming our very own opinions of you

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

", i was really surprised that the bin men had actually come down my entry "

I bet you were

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

", i was really surprised that the bin men had actually come down my entry

I bet you were "

You know something, you cant even say the most innocent of remarks on these forums lol

over a year ago

evesham

", i was really surprised that the bin men had actually come down my entry

I bet you were

You know something, you cant even say the most innocent of remarks on these forums lol "

and that why we love 'em

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

thats very interesting you are forming an opinion of someone because they have an opinion and a debate on a public forum about bin men that is different to your opinion.

i havent formed any form of opinion about any single person who answered the debate either for or against it.

i think it says a lot more about the opinion formers than it does about me

wouldnt you say!

"yes of course i shall because this post was about bin men not about your opinion of me that is of no interest to me or anyone else i would of thought!

no we are all forming our very own opinions of you "

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

An indication of just how much 'Private' rubbish collection is...

Because my business involves food stuffs I have to pay a private contractor (Biffa) to take away my waste bin every week.....at a monthly cost of £66 plus vat.

I also have to pay another contractor (Devon Waste Management) to fortnightly take away all my business packaging....at a monthly cost of £48 plus vat.

Still want to have your household rubbish cleared by a private firm?

Much easier AND CHEAPER to have it taken away by the council, even if their recycling rules make you so obviously annoyed.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"thats very interesting you are forming an opinion of someone because they have an opinion and a debate on a public forum about bin men that is different to your opinion.

i havent formed any form of opinion about any single person who answered the debate either for or against it.

wouldnt you say!

"

It says that people are forming an opinion of how that person chooses to debate.

over a year ago

evesham

"thats very interesting you are forming an opinion of someone because they have an opinion and a debate on a public forum about bin men that is different to your opinion.

wouldnt you say!

yes of course i shall because this post was about bin men not about your opinion of me that is of no interest to me or anyone else i would of thought!

no we are all forming our very own opinions of you "

i dunno you kind of lost me but i think i got the jist

i am not forming and opinion of you becuase you dared to put your thoughts down here, i am forming an opinion of you from the way that you did it and the reaction to other posters who dare to have a differing opinion to yours.

if you think they are lazy c**** thats fair enough, if you think they should be expected to work outside of health and safety rule just to make your life a little bit easier then thats your perogative, if you are too lazy to walk to the end of your drive once a week to put the bins out then there is no hope!!

i however think that we should not condem hard working people just because the powers that be determine how they do their job

and i wager that if you did get a private company in you would ave to jump through as many if not more hoops just to get your designer label rubbish picked up

over a year ago

Im afraid im with the op on this one.

Round here they drop rubbish themselves and leave it.

We then have to clear their mess up.

Put your bin at end of property, so i do and they still wont empty.I have to now drag it up a steep slope so they dont have to do it.

Bin open a little.....wont touch it.

Bag on the side ...wont touch it.

AS for running....not on ya nelly. no running takes place ever.

Well maybe when its their lunch time. .

Im just glad they no longer expect tips at xmas...

By *ee8to10TV/TS
over a year ago

Preston

Well this Thread is a big disappointment to me.

I saw the Title, BIN MEN, and thought it was going to be about some unusual fetish I hadn't heard of.

Was prepared to go all Freudian and offer to psycho-analyze the Poster.....

over a year ago

evesham

"Well this Thread is a big disappointment to me.

I saw the Title, BIN MEN, and thought it was going to be about some unusual fetish I hadn't heard of.

Was prepared to go all Freudian and offer to psycho-analyze the Poster....."

you will find round these parts things are never as they seem

By *ee8to10TV/TS
over a year ago

Preston

"

you will find round these parts things are never as they seem "

It is a bit like the Twilight Zone at times.......

over a year ago

Some years ago, some irate lady wrote to our local paper to complain about all the ladies in the town and in certain areas as they were making rude suggestions and making crude come hither attacks on her husband and his collegues whilst working

I was proud she admitting being married to one of the neanderthals who did the job at the time.

Cuz good looks and beef cake they wasnt

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

hallelulah someone has the same problem

maybe others have some kind of axe to grind but i dont i just hate lazy c***s who dont do their job

simples

"Im afraid im with the op on this one.

Round here they drop rubbish themselves and leave it.

We then have to clear their mess up.

Put your bin at end of property, so i do and they still wont empty.I have to now drag it up a steep slope so they dont have to do it.

Bin open a little.....wont touch it.

Bag on the side ...wont touch it.

AS for running....not on ya nelly. no running takes place ever.

Well maybe when its their lunch time. .

Im just glad they no longer expect tips at xmas...

"

over a year ago

Well big up the bin men from the London Borough of Lewisham...and the road sweepers too!

I never leave my bins out, they always take them out for me and the other lazy people - which there are quite a few of us without complaint. If the bin is full they don't moan or complain, they take it - they don't bring them back - I don't expect them to, they leave them by my gste - fair enough.

The road sweepers will sweep in my drive and they always say a cheery "good morning" even when it's peeing down.

They are sweeping the streets and emptying my rubbish, I'm off to work hob knobbing with baristers and the like - I'd hate to think I was so far up my own arse that I looked down on another person doing their job and be down right insulting because I thought I was "better" than them.

over a year ago

evesham

"hallelulah someone has the same problem

maybe others have some kind of axe to grind but i dont i just hate lazy c***s who dont do their job

simples

"

but they ARE doing their job thats the whole point. they are doing exactly what their bosses tell them. So you think they should do more - maybe you should go int local government and efect changes from the inside rather than slagging hard working people off

i do agree that if they drop rubbish on their rounds then yes they should clean that up but i just dont see that the rest of your gripes are that big of a deal

i think it just goes to show how over priviledged some people in this country seem to have become, thinking certain things are below them.

By *mack my bumMan
over a year ago

Hayle

Well mate all I can say it must be your council as where I live they are great I've no qualms going through my rubbish and recycling if that makes me a knob then so be it

By *rs WhiteCouple
over a year ago

South

you pay the council a lot of money for this "service" and while it may or not be the bin men's fault I don't think I'm getting the service I pay for!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Well mate all I can say it must be your council as where I live they are great I've no qualms going through my rubbish and recycling if that makes me a knob then so be it"

Maybe he could move to a better area with the salary from his "Important" job

over a year ago

evesham

"you pay the council a lot of money for this "service" and while it may or not be the bin men's fault I don't think I'm getting the service I pay for!"

then write to your council, set up a petition in your local area, maybe talk to the binmen.

until things are challenged things wont change!

By *mack my bumMan
over a year ago

Hayle

No ones that important Diamond that they can't recycle their rubbish I can't see what the fuss is about

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"No ones that important Diamond that they can't recycle their rubbish I can't see what the fuss is about "

He seems to think he is. Hope they all go on strike in his area and see how he copes then

By *mack my bumMan
over a year ago

Hayle

I see it like this if we didn't have bin men then the streets wud b full up of rubbish not everyone wud get down to the tip and the recycling centres to take their rubbish it wud escalate like it does at Xmas we'd have rats etc

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"you pay the council a lot of money for this "service" and while it may or not be the bin men's fault I don't think I'm getting the service I pay for!"

I have recently had my Council Tax yearly statement for my house, the amount I pay for refuse collection is excuse the pun 'Dirt Cheap'.....compared to the commercial charge I pay for rubbish collection from my small business.

I suggest you enquire how much it is for a private company to collect your rubbish.....you would be shocked.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"I see it like this if we didn't have bin men then the streets wud b full up of rubbish not everyone wud get down to the tip and the recycling centres to take their rubbish it wud escalate like it does at Xmas we'd have rats etc "

We already do have rats, it's just that you don't see them going about their business!

over a year ago

I for one do not think im better than the bin men. Its been an ongoing problem in this area and local councillors are trying to rectify it.

I recycle everything i can and dont over load my bin.

Bieng a binman these days is easier and well paid in this area.

Its more to do with the "attitude" of said bin company than the binmen i suppose. ?

By *mack my bumMan
over a year ago

Hayle

Penwith council is gr8 they will now take clothing too which they never did b4 and textiles I've no complaints

over a year ago

It really is to do with how the local council regulate the service.

Some are really good, some are shite .

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

I could go on and on about this topic seeing as I am a Cooncil Employee (not a Waste Collection Operative, I might add) but I wont.

All I will say is that if the Councils didn't meet the targets (not set by them but by Central Government & Europe) on reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfill and increase the recyling rates then they would be fined.

The money to pay the fines would have to be taken from other budgets, but I suppose that would then give folk something else to moan about when their local Council run Sports Centre, Library, etc has to close just because some are too lazy to recycle their OWN waste!

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

it amazes me that looking at most of the peeps posting your either around my age or older

and not ONE of you seems to remember the old school bin men that would come down your drive way in fact go out of thier way to empty your bins carrying them on their back if they had to REAL HARD working guys.

It just seems it all changed in a flash and your all happy to sift thru your rubbish and put it in this bag or that bag..did your parents do all that as well then back in the day??

NO mine didnt and i never saw anyone else doing it either!

I take the point its not the BIN MENS fault its down to the council but when i see them doing their so called job in my area they take the piss!

As for what my job is or isnt that is not the issue i have far more important things to do as i,m sure a lot of you have than sorting rubbish out and if you havent then good luck to you

I,m going back to my logarithmic scales now thats far more important to me anyway

caio

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"

sorting rubbish out

"

Another point from me

It isn't all rubbish though; Most of it is materials that can be recycled!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Does one need logarithmic scales to work out what shelves the tins of Rice Pudding and Spaghetti hoops go on?

If B = Beans W =Beans(W) over Ambrosia Custard?

Spillage in aisle 5....can we have a clean up team please?

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"I didnt tell someone to go and be a bin man

thats THEIR choice!"

We currently have a generation of over qualified people in positions through no fault of their own, god forbid you find yourself in the same position as them, given the current climate the country's facing, who knows what's in store for you

over a year ago

The problem in Glasgow (and the rest of Scotland I imagine) is that the Council Tax which pays for refuse collection hasn't gone up in some years.

At the same time the costs of collection - fuel, new trucks to make recycling work, wages (just a little), landfill tax etc have gone up while the amount of rubbish needing collected has gone up too.

Something has had to give and it's the quality of the service. You can have a better refuse collection service but it'll be at the expense of something else - and that might be a lot more unpalatable than problems with rubbish.

Don't expect it to get any better any time soon. Dodgy Dave has seen to that.

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

dont worry bout me i make my own luck...being a bin men would be the last job i would ever consider doing that is for sure

thats THEIR choice!

We currently have a generation of over qualified people in positions through no fault of their own, god forbid you find yourself in the same position as them, given the current climate the country's facing, who knows what's in store for you "

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

you seem to know a lot about stacking shelves that was my first job when i left school too...not now tho thats for sure!

"Does one need logarithmic scales to work out what shelves the tins of Rice Pudding and Spaghetti hoops go on?

If B = Beans W =Beans(W) over Ambrosia Custard?

Spillage in aisle 5....can we have a clean up team please?

"

over a year ago

"it amazes me that looking at most of the peeps posting your either around my age or older

and not ONE of you seems to remember the old school bin men that would come down your drive way in fact go out of thier way to empty your bins carrying them on their back if they had to REAL HARD working guys.

It just seems it all changed in a flash and your all happy to sift thru your rubbish and put it in this bag or that bag..did your parents do all that as well then back in the day??

I take the point its not the BIN MENS fault its down to the council but when i see them doing their so called job in my area they take the piss!

As for what my job is or isnt that is not the issue i have far more important things to do as i,m sure a lot of you have than sorting rubbish out and if you havent then good luck to you

I,m going back to my logarithmic scales now thats far more important to me anyway

caio"

Ah but back in the day there was no broadband internet, 3 channels on the telly, no mobile phones... we don't mind those changes do we.

If you go back a few more generations there were no bin men either.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"you seem to know a lot about stacking shelves that was my first job when i left school too...not now tho thats for sure!

"

Well done....have they upgraded you to tills now?

Congrats....

By *mack my bumMan
over a year ago

Hayle

He's been demoted to squash all the boxes at the back of the shop and stuff them in the bins

poetic justice lol

over a year ago

evesham

"you seem to know a lot about stacking shelves that was my first job when i left school too...not now tho thats for sure!

"

i soooooo know what i would ask god now

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

i soooooo know what i would ask god now "

I bet it is to be a Waste Collection Operative!

over a year ago

Thought all the recycling was because the EU imposed fines - reference landfill quotas etc., ?

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Thought all the recycling was because the EU imposed fines - reference landfill quotas etc., ?"

I did say that a wee bit earlier but it was ignored for arguments sake I think!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"it amazes me that looking at most of the peeps posting your either around my age or older

caio"

They used to stick kids up chimneys as well but dont anymore

over a year ago

evesham

caio

They used to stick kids up chimneys as well but dont anymore "

the lazy bastards!!!!

over a year ago

"Thought all the recycling was because the EU imposed fines - reference landfill quotas etc., ?

I did say that a wee bit earlier but it was ignored for arguments sake I think! "

lol sorry if repeated it, obviously I missed that post...think it's all these "use quotes"

over a year ago

"you know what!

If you are happy to pay between £11 and £13 per week to have your unsorted rubbish that's great, I can supply a details of a few contractors who would be happy to take your money every week

over a year ago

thats THEIR choice!

We currently have a generation of over qualified people in positions through no fault of their own, god forbid you find yourself in the same position as them, given the current climate the country's facing, who knows what's in store for you "

Indeed: the young man that stands at the barriers at my local station is an architect but can't get a job.

The barman at my local has a degree in Economics - he was in the same class as my eldest daughter.

My daughter's boyfriend is working as a personal trainer - he's a qualified accountant.

Half the young people in my local Sainsbury's are supplementing their grants, never assume because you're on your way to your "high flying" job the person blowing the whistle to signal the departing train is beneath you.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

"Does one need logarithmic scales to work out what shelves the tins of Rice Pudding and Spaghetti hoops go on?

"

Are they large tins or the smaller tins as it makes a differnce lol

over a year ago

"

Ah but back in the day there was no broadband internet, 3 channels on the telly, no mobile phones... we don't mind those changes do we.

If you go back a few more generations there were no bin men either."

That's because we didn't generate anything like as much rubbish as we do now. Stuff came in recycleable containers - like glass - or paper which we could stick on the fire - which far fewer of us have any more.

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

bin men here do a cracking job well the ones that do my street anyway, and i know quite a few bin ben who are part time TA aswell so naming them lazy c**ts is a big strong as you never know what kinda job they might do aswell as lifting rubbish. be nice to know what the OP dose for a job

over a year ago

"dont worry bout me i make my own luck...being a bin men would be the last job i would ever consider doing that is for sure

thats THEIR choice!"

Well aren't you the lucky one to be able to afford to have a choice......for now.

You know what they say "Pride comes before a fall".

I'm sure many of the people who do jobs that you look down upon, do them out of necessity rather than choice.

Who's to say they didn't have as important a job as yours but fell foul of redundancy or recession and took whatever job was available as opposed to sponging off the state?

Not everyone gets the breaks in life they deserve but on the other hand there are those that get more breaks than they deserve!

Sometimes lifes a bitch! R

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

i bet you would like to know what i "DOSE" for a job but it helps if you can spell lmao

"bin men here do a cracking job well the ones that do my street anyway, and i know quite a few bin ben who are part time TA aswell so naming them lazy c**ts is a big strong as you never know what kinda job they might do aswell as lifting rubbish. be nice to know what the OP dose for a job "

over a year ago

"i bet you would like to know what i "DOSE" for a job but it helps if you can spell lmao

"

s and e are adjacent letters on a qwerty so dose counts a typo for does. lmao.

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

there is always a choice!! and i work for myself and have done for over 10 years and in my biz there is always a market and always will be impossible to ever go out of business make of that what you will

I never look down on ANYONE who works hard

bin men these days simply Dont or dont have to or maybe you havent read all my posts

either way i,m done with this diatribe you all are happy with your refuse collectors so keep on sorting your refuse etc doing thier job for them and i will keep on doing what i do

next up BUS DRIVERS! and they really do take the royal piss!

"dont worry bout me i make my own luck...being a bin men would be the last job i would ever consider doing that is for sure

thats THEIR choice!

Well aren't you the lucky one to be able to afford to have a choice......for now.

I'm sure many of the people who do jobs that you look down upon, do them out of necessity rather than choice.

Who's to say they didn't have as important a job as yours but fell foul of redundancy or recession and took whatever job was available as opposed to sponging off the state?

Not everyone gets the breaks in life they deserve but on the other hand there are those that get more breaks than they deserve!

Sometimes lifes a bitch! R"

By *iteskin OP   Man
over a year ago

i thought that too! but i think thats actually how they would spell it lol

"i bet you would like to know what i "DOSE" for a job but it helps if you can spell lmao

s and e are adjacent letters on a qwerty so dose counts a typo for does. lmao."

By *andy muncherMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"there is always a choice!! and i work for myself and have done for over 10 years and in my biz there is always a market and always will be impossible to ever go out of business make of that what you will

I never look down on ANYONE who works hard

bin men these days simply Dont or dont have to or maybe you havent read all my posts

either way i,m done with this diatribe you all are happy with your refuse collectors so keep on sorting your refuse etc doing thier job for them and i will keep on doing what i do

next up BUS DRIVERS! and they really do take the royal piss!

dont worry bout me i make my own luck...being a bin men would be the last job i would ever consider doing that is for sure

thats THEIR choice!

Sometimes lifes a bitch! R"

no i think you should have guys who say they are going to turn up to gangbangs and havnt got the guts god what is up with them

over a year ago

Of course you did.

"i thought that too! but i think thats actually how they would spell it lol

i bet you would like to know what i "DOSE" for a job but it helps if you can spell lmao

s and e are adjacent letters on a qwerty so dose counts a typo for does. lmao."

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

bin men here do a cracking job well the ones that do my street anyway, and i know quite a few bin ben who are part time TA aswell so naming them lazy c**ts is a big strong as you never know what kinda job they might do aswell as lifting rubbish. be nice to know what the OP dose for a job "

oh i am so so so so sorry for my typo i must remember to be 100% perfect when posting

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

not getting why it is so difficult to recycle...you are not sifting through your rubbish...you finish a box of cereal-walk to the bin,throw the inner bag in the rubbish,flatten the box for recycling...simple.It is not like you are having to go through a full bag of rubbish after the fact and sort out what can be recycled...if you did that then you wouldn't have to have extra bags at the side as the amount of actual rubbish is greatly reduced

Post new Message to Thread