Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Death of a friend on here

Jump to newest

By *neejerknuke OP   Man
over a year ago

bristol

Hi, I really need help on this matter.

A very dear friend of mine, who I met through here a year ago, died a few days ago. I'm in bits, devastated and missing the loss of a true friend.

I need to know how I can get his profiles from both here and fabguys removed. He was one of the few fabbers who wasnt scared to show his face on his profile and I cant bear to see him on the internet for all to see when he is no longer with us.

I've reported his profile using the 'other' with a message but nothing has happened yet. Does anybody have any experience of this?

Gutted

x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tephenBunChowMan
over a year ago

Haywards heath/Waterlooville

Sorry to hear that, I don't know how responsive the admins are in here. If his profile is indexed in Google, you can submit a right to be forgotten request, where Google will remove the profile page. That stops ppl from at least the UK/eu discovering the profile.

By *ancyDrewWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

So sorry to hear about your friend. I have no experience of this, but I would suggest you screen shot his profile or copy it and pics (sorry, am not very technical). Once it is removed that is it and it may prove a comfort in the future to have something that was his? Just a suggestion. Again, so sorry for your loss, big hugs x

By *rincesscaracoupleCouple
over a year ago

Saltburn

"Hi, I really need help on this matter.

A very dear friend of mine, who I met through here a year ago, died a few days ago. I'm in bits, devastated and missing the loss of a true friend.

I need to know how I can get his profiles from both here and fabguys removed. He was one of the few fabbers who wasnt scared to show his face on his profile and I cant bear to see him on the internet for all to see when he is no longer with us.

I've reported his profile using the 'other' with a message but nothing has happened yet. Does anybody have any experience of this?

Gutted

x"

Very sorry for your loss. Don't expect a response from admin this site has the worst response rate ever. Besides that if admin did respond how could you prove your friend had passed away and you weren't trying to remove his profile maliciously?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I am not sure how this works with online profiles. I seem to remember a big court case involving Facebook and a father wanting to remove his deceased daughters profile from there.

Also, with you not being next of kin etc there might not be much yoi can do about it.

Personally if it causes you that much hurt I would suggest blocking the profile so you don't see his pics. Not a perfect solution buy it may go some way to helping you in the immediate future.

I have had replies from admin, usually after I question a ban lol

By *neejerknuke OP   Man
over a year ago

bristol

yes that could be the suspicion - that I'm doing this out of nastiness. But that said - everybody can see my forum post and would know I was not a nice guy.

To be honest I almost wish this was true as then my beautiful friend would still be here, unfortunately he is not and my world has gone dark.

Hopefully I can get this sorted

x

By *ong legs n LingeireWoman
over a year ago

it up to me neck. :-)

How sad. So sorry for your loss.

Not sure how it works but I've a feeling you will have a job getting his profile removed.

Why not block his profile (as the person earlier suggested). That way you don't have his profile looking at you when you log on)

When you get over the pain of your loss you would still have the profile there to remember the good times. X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm pretty sure a few years back a fabber died in a RTA, the profile was reported & removed a while later by Admin. Contact them and see, you probably won't get a reply but they might do something.

Sorry for your loss x

By *river-boyMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Pretty sure your talking about Jay. Still miss me old school mate every day

By *arbie and ken 2010Couple
over a year ago

braintree

We sadly had the same problem had to contact admin twice before the profile was taken down but at least it was.

By *neejerknuke OP   Man
over a year ago

bristol

Thank you to all for your advice, I have contacted the admin team and they have removed my friend's profile with a minimum of fuss.

I thank them for this. I hope nobody else has to go through how I feel right now.

x

over a year ago

My friend died I contacted fab they where very kind and i had to provide lots of information . They hid his profile for a long time , I don't know if it's deleted now because I deleted my old account .

over a year ago

"I'm pretty sure a few years back a fabber died in a RTA, the profile was reported & removed a while later by Admin. Contact them and see, you probably won't get a reply but they might do something.

Sorry for your loss x"

Yes this was reported by me

over a year ago

"Pretty sure your talking about Jay. Still miss me old school mate every day "

Yes was jay X

By *ilthyjackcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"Thank you to all for your advice, I have contacted the admin team and they have removed my friend's profile with a minimum of fuss.

I thank them for this. I hope nobody else has to go through how I feel right now.

x"

I'm so sorry for your loss. Condolences.

Post new Message to Thread