Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mouse problem!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm really puzzled this morning.We have a humane mousetrap to catch a little mouse in the kitchen.We set it last night the bait was one of my chocolates the ones I dont like.This morning the trap has been triggered the door is shut.But no mouse and no chocolate!How did it get out there is no chocolate mess so it didnt eat it in the trap.Neither of us has played a trick on the other we just dont understand how the mouse managed it.Any ideas?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Get a cat

over a year ago

"Get a cat "

I would love to get a cat but Micks allergic to them

over a year ago

Get an inhumane mouse trap!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Supermouse.

It flew in and used its xray vision and saw the trap...

I feel safer in this world that he serves us so well.

over a year ago

"Get an inhumane mouse trap!"

I couldn't kill it too much of an animal lover

over a year ago

I am absolutely terrified of mice. We do have a cat and our garden backs onto fields. He got into the obsession of bringing live mice into the house to show my son. The cat would get in through my sons bedroom room, drop the mouse on his floor, bat the mouse between his paws for a while and then biting his head off. Once a mouse outwitted him and ran away, but proceeded to keep moving around his bedroom and we could hear its feet. I screamed for hours until it was cornered and taken outside to the fields again. Luckily the cat has stopped doing it and I hope he never does it again as the cat will have to go, or Ill have to move to a high rise flat

over a year ago

put it to side room as a mouse never runs to a middle of the room and u catch it lol .make sure you put the choc right at the back so it has to go in to get it .hqate the wee bastards my self the bred like mad 2 so can so quickly be over run with them .

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

lol thats one crafty mouse.....he deserves to live !!

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"lol thats one crafty mouse.....he deserves to live !! "

cue the mission impossible music ..

over a year ago

lay a few traps it eventually get caught out

it always goes along the walls

as above said

dont leave it in middle of the floor

cheese is yer best bet

By *andy muncherMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

ive got a few killer magpies you can have they kill anything that moves not a nice sight damm good at catching rats and mice

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"lol thats one crafty mouse.....he deserves to live !! "

Exactly this!

over a year ago

nutella choc spread works well, they've to stay in the trap to lick it off, always worked for me.

If you catch it, don't just take it outside as it will be straight back inside, you need to take it far away and let it go.

By *agman n angelCouple
over a year ago

benidorm

ive known mice to eat the bait of both humane and normal mouse traps set off said trap, but be no where to be seen in the morning.

you will get it in time, best bait ive found is a bit of mars bar choc n gooey bit, but dont overdo it your catching it not fattening it up for xmas

over a year ago

I heard butter was the best bait, anything greasy.

over a year ago

Maybe he had an accomplice that held the door open?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Maybe he had an accomplice that held the door open? "

Ah two crafty mice...that would explain why

Free the two !

over a year ago

Poison traps are the best. They eat it go off and no more mouse.

over a year ago

The old snap type traps are the best, my house gets lots of mice in whenever the farmer starts to work the field behind me. The wee pesks are straight over the wall and into my kitchen.

Poison works but you may end up with a body lying stinking under the floor boards or in the walls.

Humane traps are not much use here....they go into them and again take the bait go off and die a slow stinky death, or come back again and again.

I just use a little nipper type trap with a bit of mars bar or peanut butter on it.

over a year ago

"The old snap type traps are the best, my house gets lots of mice in whenever the farmer starts to work the field behind me. The wee pesks are straight over the wall and into my kitchen.

Poison works but you may end up with a body lying stinking under the floor boards or in the walls.

Humane traps are not much use here....they go into them and again take the bait go off and die a slow stinky death, or come back again and again.

I just use a little nipper type trap with a bit of mars bar or peanut butter on it. "

quick tip for everyone

dont put the snapper type mouse trap next to the freezer in your integral garage and go in there late at night barefoot to get some bread out of the freezer...............

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

They use inhumane traps at work.

I steal them, put them in the bin and leave biscuits out instead!

over a year ago

"Maybe he had an accomplice that held the door open? "

We did think that he couldn't possibly have done it on his own!

over a year ago

"nutella choc spread works well, they've to stay in the trap to lick it off, always worked for me.

If you catch it, don't just take it outside as it will be straight back inside, you need to take it far away and let it go. "

Thats a good idea will try that if the 2nd choc doesn't work

over a year ago

"lol thats one crafty mouse.....he deserves to live !!

Exactly this! "

We want him to live just not in our house

over a year ago

we usually hold them captive. i think they're trying to escape tho. today I caught one with a tiny poster of rita hayworth

over a year ago

"Get a cat

I would love to get a cat but Micks allergic to them "

Get rid of Mick?

over a year ago

Is the little sod still alive then? lol jeeez it deffo is supermouse

over a year ago

"I am absolutely terrified of mice. We do have a cat and our garden backs onto fields. He got into the obsession of bringing live mice into the house to show my son. The cat would get in through my sons bedroom room, drop the mouse on his floor, bat the mouse between his paws for a while and then biting his head off. Once a mouse outwitted him and ran away, but proceeded to keep moving around his bedroom and we could hear its feet. I screamed for hours until it was cornered and taken outside to the fields again. Luckily the cat has stopped doing it and I hope he never does it again as the cat will have to go, or Ill have to move to a high rise flat "

We live on a farm so lots of mice (and other rodents!), but we also have a very active cat that has adopted us and likes to bring gifts. When she doesn't gift us with half their body, she chews them in about three bites, crunches the bones and all, but always leaves the innards.

I don't know that she's humane, but she's pretty effective... apart from not cleaning up a few bits

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

I had a mouse decide to live with me in a caravan I used to stay in, despite the fact i also had two cats in there...they just ignored it even tho they were always killing mice outside..I think they had some kind of agreement. Anyway this is how I caught the little fecker...I observed his movements over a few days, saw where he went when surprised etc. and decided where I would have to get him to go to enable me to grab him. it had to be the bathroom as all the other rooms had too many things for him to hide behind. So once I knew where he was hiding i set up an obstacle course that led to the bathroom then proceeded to scare him out of the bedroom he was in and sure enough he took the path of least resistance and went straight in to the bathroom...stoopid mouse! My plan was working..so I had him cornered in the bathroom, was ready with my plastic tub to catch him in... bent down to grab him and rid myself of the little peeing git...and knocked the bathroom door open with my arse! Out he shot to freedom!!

Two days later I had my chance again, this time I locked the bathroom door behind us and caught him! Then I took him for a drive in my car a couple of miles down the road, gave him some muselei to start him off in his new home and said goodbye.

By *aturasqCouple
over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"They use inhumane traps at work.

I steal them, put them in the bin and leave biscuits out instead! "

That's a great idea lets hope they don't leave salmonella etc for you and your colleagues

over a year ago

We have had this problem and everytime I am very ill and sick, but we had the tiny cute little woodmice cone in so we tried everything, someone told me to try glue traps so I brought one set it up but during the night I was laying in bed and thought to myself why would I wanna kill them painfully all they want is some warmth lol but I found some poison that kills them when they go to sleep but gave that up, because I went to the hardware store and they kept trying to get me to buy all the nasty items to kill them but I didn't want too and in the end I found this tunnel that traps them and then you can release them alive lol, its got a trap door and when they enter the tunnel it tips a tiny bit the door closes and the mouses panics runs towards the door but as he does it tip forward again but locks the door so the mouse is stuck til I get up to take it away, I always leave a good amount of food in the end for bait so I know its eaten before its back into the wild

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

The humain traps are shit you catch it. Let it go it renters your house...

over a year ago

"The humain traps are shit you catch it. Let it go it renters your house... "

thats why you have to let it free far away from your home lol plus how can you tell its the same one thats come back :P x

By *asey369Woman
over a year ago

London

Peanut butter makes a v good bait.

over a year ago

Funny enough too iv got a mouse again the trap is down, but found out yesterday iv been suffering anixety attacks from them and got to have councilling xx

By *hynewguy2012Man
over a year ago

dartford

Had same problem. Humane traps triggerrd with nothing inside! !""

Ended up buying some electronic things. Just plug in to the electric sockets and its meant to give some sort of high frequency noise that makes them move on.

have 3 in my house and a cat and a dog and no more mice.

Mice free for 3 years now

over a year ago

This thread reminds me of a field mouse that kept coming into our kitchen.

I kept giving J a load of ear ache about getting rid of it, so he set a mouse trap and a few days later he produced the dead poor little thing.

I felt so guilty when I saw it I tried to make him take it too the vets, he just looked at me all strange and said its bloody dead you silly cow.

M

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Used to live in a house that backed onto fields and as I had a dog I used to leave the back door open. When any mice came in my dog would corner the intruder, go over, sniff it and then just walk off again

Daft mutt

over a year ago

"lay a few traps it eventually get caught out

it always goes along the walls

as above said

dont leave it in middle of the floor

cheese is yer best bet"

cheese is myth mice prefer sweet things

over a year ago

Get yourself some night vision goggles and a shotgun

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Get some black paint and paint a mouse hole on your skirting board. The mouse will see the hole and run toward it and smash their faces into the wall. Simply pick up the stunned rodents and dispose of as you see fit.

over a year ago

"Had same problem. Humane traps triggerrd with nothing inside! !""

Ended up buying some electronic things. Just plug in to the electric sockets and its meant to give some sort of high frequency noise that makes them move on.

have 3 in my house and a cat and a dog and no more mice.

Mice free for 3 years now

"

is that not just called the Wife

By *icky55Man
over a year ago

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

"I'm really puzzled this morning.We have a humane mousetrap to catch a little mouse in the kitchen.We set it last night the bait was one of my chocolates the ones I dont like.This morning the trap has been triggered the door is shut.But no mouse and no chocolate!How did it get out there is no chocolate mess so it didnt eat it in the trap.Neither of us has played a trick on the other we just dont understand how the mouse managed it.Any ideas?

"

I share your sentiment with mouse traps, but most chocolates are toxic to mice and other animals, there is pet chocolate which are safe ( and you can eat them), normal chocolate causes rapide dehydration so your mouse is probly aready dead. Peanut butter works better, but I don't bait mine I just put the traps where they would run for cover, if I see one I scare it in and release them out side. Some mice are so light they don't trigger some traps, again some are big and can reach the bait with out knocking the trap off balance. But they can be crafty little blighters.

By *icky55Man
over a year ago

Warm an cosy cave. Brist

"Get yourself some night vision goggles and a shotgun "

Bloody great big holes in the skirting boards spring to mind.

over a year ago

"Get yourself some night vision goggles and a shotgun

Bloody great big holes in the skirting boards spring to mind. "

good fun tho

over a year ago

"I'm really puzzled this morning.We have a humane mousetrap to catch a little mouse in the kitchen.We set it last night the bait was one of my chocolates the ones I dont like.This morning the trap has been triggered the door is shut.But no mouse and no chocolate!How did it get out there is no chocolate mess so it didnt eat it in the trap.Neither of us has played a trick on the other we just dont understand how the mouse managed it.Any ideas?

"

yep that time of year again for cats to start hunting, funniest we seen our cat always greets us when she's walking down the fence, one day as she came down on top of the fence we noticed she had a small bird in her mouth as she got closer she went to greet us as she opened her mouth the bird flew of, her face was picture she was so anoyed with herself she went chasing after the bird meowing like mad

over a year ago

Mice can get in via the tiniest hole, i had the same problem, then I got a cat !! no mice since!!, but have had dead sparrows, starlings, a massacered pigeon and luckily a fledgling grebe!!!that i had to call rspb for !!oh and not forgetting the rat !!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

The 'humane' traps are a misnomer.

Many mice will be so stressed by being trapped that they will often have a heart attack. So you trap and stress the mouse, drive somewhere and release it to die.

It is more humane to kill it swiftly with either the snap type or with poison.

over a year ago

If you live in a terraced house they will move from one house to the other, Ive got one or more under my floorboards, I would never hurt any animal but its driving me round the twist, think its building an ark the noise out of it, or its got hobnail boots lol. Well i caught it in one of the traps and the poor thing was squealing, when i looked its foot was stuck it was looking up at me so i had to let it go. So i now have a 3 legged mouse running riot. lol

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Or borrow a cat for a while - or even just some used cat litter to persuade the mice a cat has moved in. Fieldmice will likely then move out again.

over a year ago

yep that time of year again for cats to start hunting, funniest we seen our cat always greets us when she's walking down the fence, one day as she came down on top of the fence we noticed she had a small bird in her mouth as she got closer she went to greet us as she opened her mouth the bird flew of, her face was picture she was so anoyed with herself she went chasing after the bird meowing like mad"

my cat did that he caught a magpie the once and he brought it back but instead of being it to the door he lay on the lawn eating this magpie lol god i miss my cats xx

over a year ago

"The 'humane' traps are a misnomer.

Many mice will be so stressed by being trapped that they will often have a heart attack. So you trap and stress the mouse, drive somewhere and release it to die.

It is more humane to kill it swiftly with either the snap type or with poison."

i was woken up last night to the bugger dragging summit in the bathroom so i got up banged on the door to scare them away cus if i see them ill die myself lol and found out it was the poison i had put down lol, the poison i use is really good once theyve eaten it they are dead no waiting around a few days they are gone they are like a tea bag with pink poison in the middle. iv also got once of those traps where the mousey goes in and the trap door closes behind it and it locks then u release it. but im scared instead when i pull on the door to release it, it will bite me lol x

over a year ago

i was woken up last night to the bugger dragging summit in the bathroom so i got up banged on the door to scare them away cus if i see them ill die myself lol and found out it was the poison i had put down lol, the poison i use is really good once theyve eaten it they are dead no waiting around a few days they are gone they are like a tea bag with pink poison in the middle. iv also got once of those traps where the mousey goes in and the trap door closes behind it and it locks then u release it. but im scared instead when i pull on the door to release it, it will bite me lol x"

love to know what is was dragging around the bathroom

over a year ago

i was woken up last night to the bugger dragging summit in the bathroom so i got up banged on the door to scare them away cus if i see them ill die myself lol and found out it was the poison i had put down lol, the poison i use is really good once theyve eaten it they are dead no waiting around a few days they are gone they are like a tea bag with pink poison in the middle. iv also got once of those traps where the mousey goes in and the trap door closes behind it and it locks then u release it. but im scared instead when i pull on the door to release it, it will bite me lol x love to know what is was dragging around the bathroom "

the poison, its like a tea bag but its got pink poison in the middle so they was dragging that back to where they are hiding which i think is behind the toilet where the pipes are grr x

over a year ago

i was woken up last night to the bugger dragging summit in the bathroom so i got up banged on the door to scare them away cus if i see them ill die myself lol and found out it was the poison i had put down lol, the poison i use is really good once theyve eaten it they are dead no waiting around a few days they are gone they are like a tea bag with pink poison in the middle. iv also got once of those traps where the mousey goes in and the trap door closes behind it and it locks then u release it. but im scared instead when i pull on the door to release it, it will bite me lol x love to know what is was dragging around the bathroom

the poison, its like a tea bag but its got pink poison in the middle so they was dragging that back to where they are hiding which i think is behind the toilet where the pipes are grr x"

try filling the holes with expanding foam

over a year ago

i was woken up last night to the bugger dragging summit in the bathroom so i got up banged on the door to scare them away cus if i see them ill die myself lol and found out it was the poison i had put down lol, the poison i use is really good once theyve eaten it they are dead no waiting around a few days they are gone they are like a tea bag with pink poison in the middle. iv also got once of those traps where the mousey goes in and the trap door closes behind it and it locks then u release it. but im scared instead when i pull on the door to release it, it will bite me lol x love to know what is was dragging around the bathroom

the poison, its like a tea bag but its got pink poison in the middle so they was dragging that back to where they are hiding which i think is behind the toilet where the pipes are grr x try filling the holes with expanding foam"

i didnt know the hole was so big so im going to the hardware shop tomz and getting some x

over a year ago

We have a cat who "caught" a mouse the only problem was, the mouse was already in the trap dead.

over a year ago

"We have a cat who "caught" a mouse the only problem was, the mouse was already in the trap dead. "

lol. do they only come in houses during cold weathers, (this is the first time we've had them since living here ) x

over a year ago

the poison, its like a tea bag but its got pink poison in the middle so they was dragging that back to where they are hiding which i think is behind the toilet where the pipes are grr x try filling the holes with expanding foam

i didnt know the hole was so big so im going to the hardware shop tomz and getting some x"

be careful dont over do it with expanding foam

over a year ago

"We have a cat who "caught" a mouse the only problem was, the mouse was already in the trap dead.

lol. do they only come in houses during cold weathers, (this is the first time we've had them since living here ) x"

this is the time of year they appear again

over a year ago

"We have a cat who "caught" a mouse the only problem was, the mouse was already in the trap dead.

lol. do they only come in houses during cold weathers, (this is the first time we've had them since living here ) x this is the time of year they appear again "

so its just during the cold weathers when they appear lol x

over a year ago

lol. do they only come in houses during cold weathers, (this is the first time we've had them since living here ) x this is the time of year they appear again

so its just during the cold weathers when they appear lol x"

our cats have caught a few of late they go nice with jacket potato

over a year ago

Buy it a cage & name it

over a year ago

"Buy it a cage & name it "

i do want pet mice or pet rats but not from the wild due to all the germs and that they carry lol x

over a year ago

"Buy it a cage & name it "
Name and shame the littler bugger

over a year ago

"Buy it a cage & name it Name and shame the littler bugger"

named this one.. mini heart attack lol cus thats what he/she gives me everytime i hear them lol x

over a year ago

"Buy it a cage & name it Name and shame the littler bugger

named this one.. mini heart attack lol cus thats what he/she gives me everytime i hear them lol x"

w my advice get your self a pussy, tut tut not that kind of pussy you naughty girl A pussy cat

over a year ago

named this one.. mini heart attack lol cus thats what he/she gives me everytime i hear them lol x w my advice get your self a pussy, tut tut not that kind of pussy you naughty girl A pussy cat"

Was gonna say already got that type of pussy we would love to get a cat but we have reptiles and I know the cat would wind them up and the reps will think the cat is food lol my sister has got two kittens for sale she keeps trying to get me to have one lol x

over a year ago

Use some poison bait. They eat it and take it back to the nest and feed it to the young and thats the end of the matter. Just be careful where you place the bait if you have children around. Humane traps work but you only catch the odd one. Mouse traps are pretty useless too. Im no expert but from the day we placed the bait down, the activity stopped after a few days. Think the tub of bait was about £4.50

over a year ago

named this one.. mini heart attack lol cus thats what he/she gives me everytime i hear them lol x w my advice get your self a pussy, tut tut not that kind of pussy you naughty girl A pussy cat

Was gonna say already gotthat type of pussy we would love to get a cat but we have reptiles and I know the cat would wind them up and the reps will think the cat is food lol my sister has got two kittens for sale she keeps trying to get me to have one lol x "

what kind of Reptiles ?

over a year ago

named this one.. mini heart attack lol cus thats what he/she gives me everytime i hear them lol x w my advice get your self a pussy, tut tut not that kind of pussy you naughty girl A pussy cat

Was gonna say already gotthat type of pussy we would love to get a cat but we have reptiles and I know the cat would wind them up and the reps will think the cat is food lol my sister has got two kittens for sale she keeps trying to get me to have one lol x what kind of Reptiles ?"

snakes :D x

over a year ago

named this one.. mini heart attack lol cus thats what he/she gives me everytime i hear them lol x w my advice get your self a pussy, tut tut not that kind of pussy you naughty girl A pussy

Was gonna say already gotthat type of pussy we would love to get a cat but we have reptiles and I know the cat would wind them up and the reps will think the cat is food lol my sister has got two kittens for sale she keeps trying to get me to have one lol x what kind of Reptiles ?

snakes :D x"

just let them out mice will soon pack up and leave

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

lol. do they only come in houses during cold weathers, (this is the first time we've had them since living here ) x this is the time of year they appear again

so its just during the cold weathers when they appear lol x"

It's when fieldmice start looking for a warmer home so often move in. They can often be discouraged by a borrowed cat or my putting some used cat litter near their holes/runs. Put it in empty yogurt pots. I guess if you have access to it snake poo might work!

Housemice are harder to dissuade but it can be worth a try.

If it doesn't work then poison is your best bet, but if you have children or pets then also get the traps to put it in so they can't get at it.

By *woofuslondonCouple
over a year ago

london

Have mice at work little buggers ate my bounty!!

over a year ago

so its just during the cold weathers when they appear lol x

It's when fieldmice start looking for a warmer home so often move in. They can often be discouraged by a borrowed cat or my putting some used cat litter near their holes/runs. Put it in empty yogurt pots. I guess if you have access to it snake poo might work!

Housemice are harder to dissuade but it can be worth a try.

If it doesn't work then poison is your best bet, but if you have children or pets then also get the traps to put it in so they can't get at it. "

iv got one of the traps down where they go into and it tips and the dorr shuts then they panic and run towards the door and tips again but it locks as the run towards it thenu just let it go away from your house. we have a canal right by our house so i think they may have come from there.. they are eating the poison i put down but i cant get at them to get them out if they die in the hole which is behind the toilet where the pipes go. iv gotta have counciling cus apparently i found out monday iv got anxiety from them. i know they are there so as im lying in bed or home alone my heart races etc i hate the thought of killing them but they are making me ill.. im alright feeding frozen mice to my snakes its just the wild mice which scares me, i think they are going to bite me in the sleep lol but iv been told they wont come onto the bed if ur there, or they wont come by you lol x

over a year ago

Little pesks are in my kitchen again, farmer ploughs the field they take up residence.

I came face to face with one cheeky little bugger and picked up the nearest weapon to hand, my son's tennis racquet ...... should have seen the volley I got going backhanding it out of the back door!

over a year ago

named this one.. mini heart attack lol cus thats what he/she gives me everytime i hear them lol x w my advice get your self a pussy, tut tut not that kind of pussy you naughty girl A pussy

Was gonna say already gotthat type of pussy we would love to get a cat but we have reptiles and I know the cat would wind them up and the reps will think the cat is food lol my sister has got two kittens for sale she keeps trying to get me to have one lol x what kind of Reptiles ?

snakes :D x just let them out mice will soon pack up and leave"

i would but if the snakes eat them then my snakes can get ill cus the mice carry allsorts of germs etc xx

over a year ago

"Little pesks are in my kitchen again, farmer ploughs the field they take up residence.

I came face to face with one cheeky little bugger and picked up the nearest weapon to hand, my son's tennis racquet ...... should have seen the volley I got going backhanding it out of the back door! "

sounds like me when i first saw them in my living room it was only one and it was 5.45am and i rang my mum and woke her up crying lol i was scared, i armed myself with everything to throw at it lol then it kept running from armchair to under the cupboard and the one time i saw it doing a handstand across the floor i swear to god it did it, lol xx

over a year ago

Don't bash them

over a year ago

"Don't bash them "

i wouldnt, i was just throwing things towards where he was, he kept peeping out and palying peek a boo with me lol so id throw a lighter onto the top of the chair to try and scare it to go bk out my door lol but the mice won and i ended up in my bedroom locking it lol and refused to leave until kieran came home from work lol xx

over a year ago

"Don't bash them

i wouldnt, i was just throwing things towards where he was, he kept peeping out and palying peek a boo with me lol so id throw a lighter onto the top of the chair to try and scare it to go bk out my door lol but the mice won and i ended up in my bedroom locking it lol and refused to leave until kieran came home from work lol xx"

I can see it now peek a booooooo

over a year ago

"Don't bash them

i wouldnt, i was just throwing things towards where he was, he kept peeping out and palying peek a boo with me lol so id throw a lighter onto the top of the chair to try and scare it to go bk out my door lol but the mice won and i ended up in my bedroom locking it lol and refused to leave until kieran came home from work lol xx

I can see it now peek a booooooo"

hahaha it was funny the way he did it looking back now but i was petrified lol x

Post new Message to Thread