Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ironing Fairy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've decided I want an ironing fairy to come each night and do all my ironing. If that's not possible think a campaign should be started to make it acceptable to wear creased clothes. Must have wasted hours of my life stood in front of an ironing board, then when it's all done everyone wears the clothes again and I'm back to where I started.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you tumble dry? that reduces 90% of the need to iron if you take it out as soon as it finishes

over a year ago

No, haven't got the space for one, but someone else said to do that. Will just have to keep at it, just having a break before I start the next phase lol.

over a year ago

I used to pay to have mine done, I prefer to do my own now but I don't have that much to do

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I don't get the big deal with ironing.

My ironing board is 2 years old and still has the plastic cover on it. It has been used 3 times... by other people.... and I make them put the plastic cover back on afterwards so it doesn't get dusty.

I have a iron, it has also been used 3 times.... you got it, by other people.

I have a small pile of clother which need ironing.... I have had this pile of clothes longer than my iron and ironing board. I think of this pile as bad purchase choices.... because they couldn't be washed without the need for ironing afterwards.

One thing my mum did teach me.... how to dry clothes so they don't need ironing..... thank you mum x

over a year ago

I'm with Polo on this one.

I have made deliberate wardrobe choices that mean I only iron during the summer because I like wearing linen and silk. OK ironing in the heat is not genius admittedly, but it's better than having to do it all year round.

The rest of the year, the only ironing dilemma I have is whether or not to iron my sheets and pillows... Tricky, as I love the feel of it. But given how quickly they get creased, what's the point?

over a year ago

"No, haven't got the space for one, but someone else said to do that. Will just have to keep at it, just having a break before I start the next phase lol."

Can't you find room for one of the small table top ones, I couldn't live without mine lol

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Tumble dry schmumble... I would never have one.

over a year ago

I'd probably end up shrinking everything if I did get one, not good at reading laundry labels so would just chuck the lot in and hope for the best.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

if someone finds this elusive fairy, then send it to me. I need clothes ironed for tonight.....

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

mmmm,,they do have these great things called washer/dryers,lol most have a setting now for easy iron clothes,,meaning less creases

over a year ago

You should become a mistress, then you can just get a slave to do it.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"mmmm,,they do have these great things called washer/dryers,lol most have a setting now for easy iron clothes,,meaning less creases"

I have one of them but still feel the need to do that scarey word. I...i..i..r..o fuck it, I will go out creased

over a year ago

I love ironing and iron everything even though I tumble dry. Nothing better than sticking on the tv and watching the pile get smaller and the wardrobes and drawers getting fuller. Or in the warm weather ironing on the patio with the radio going and the sun shining.

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

I Dont do ironing in batches, i just iron the stuff i need to wear when i need to wear it

typical bloke i suppose

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I love ironing...but then im weird

over a year ago

I dont mind ironing when i need to do it

By *mumaWoman