Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I need to drink more..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Water. After watching embarrassing bodies lastnight it says you need to drink 6 glasses and I drink about 1. No wonder I get headaches as I'm so dehydrated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hmmmmm interesting ..

I drink 1.5l of Lidl sparking water every day. I have it at work instead of drinking coffee, tea etc.

Don't like the 'flat' stuff, it has to be sparkling, but it is good for you (Helps to lose weight as well )

over a year ago

I'm a daft prat always thought water in coffee or tea counted

over a year ago

Yep so do i but have ya seen pub prices lately xx

over a year ago

Different schools of thought.

I drink tea all day long. Im very hydrated and know because of the colour of my pee and the fact that I have to pee often.

Plain water is better than anything but ANY fluid d*unk counts.

Did they say it didn't ?

over a year ago

I need to drink more vodka

over a year ago

blech blech....hate water.......have you seen what it does to the underside of boats?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

any drinks (except alcoholic ones) count towards your daily water intake as the bad effects of coffee/tea etc are minimal compared to the amount of water you are taking in when you drink them.

you dont have to drink plain water (i hate plain water so will have squash of there's no pop about lol)

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Different schools of thought.

I drink tea all day long. Im very hydrated and know because of the colour of my pee and the fact that I have to pee often.

Did they say it didn't ?

"

My doctor told me that Tea can count in your daily water intake Granny, but coffee and carbonated drinks don't for some reason, I do know coffee dehydrates the system but not sure why carbonated drinks are frowned upon.

I drink about Two litres of water a day now with a slice of lemon and lime.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Love water if my missus drinks enough...

over a year ago

Dr Pixie on that program said that tea,coffee does not count towards it I was sure tea did too x

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Different schools of thought.

Did they say it didn't ?

My doctor told me that Tea can count in your daily water intake Granny, but coffee and carbonated drinks don't for some reason, I do know coffee dehydrates the system but not sure why carbonated drinks are frowned upon.

I drink about Two litres of water a day now with a slice of lemon and lime."

Probably frowned on because of the caffine in the coffee and the sugars in the carbonated drinks. Plus I reckon the gas in the fizzy drink may do strange things, don`t ask me what though!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Forgot to add ..... the water from the cold tap in my house is quite chalky and will bugger up a kettle in pretty short time. I`ve got a couple of those Britta jugs and change the cartridges every three months. The water that comes out of those jugs tastes so much better that straight tap water!

over a year ago

I have to use one of those we are on a hard water area and it tastes awful x

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Just be careful you don't drink too much water! Drinking for the sake of it rather than because you are thirsty can also have adverse effects. It washes impurities out, but also essential minerals too.

BTW.. I have no idea about these things, but my nutritionist told me!

over a year ago

"I need to drink more vodka "

i dont think its possible for me to drink anymore vodka as my cup is always full

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

I've been told that coffee and tea don't count as part of your daily intake because they're both diuretic, i.e. they make you pee sooner than you would do otherwise and you pee more liquid than you've consumed.

I don't like the taste of fizzy water so don't drink the stuff, but I believe that as well as containing carbon dioxide (obviously) it also contains more sodium than still water. Whether these levels are significant enough to be harmful is debatable.

If you drink tap water and you've got an hour to spare, then watch the following YouTube video about the dangers to health due to fluoride being added to our water supply.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCPeXdkQBy4

over a year ago

"I've been told that coffee and tea don't count as part of your daily intake because they're both diuretic, i.e. they make you pee sooner than you would do otherwise and you pee more liquid than you've consumed.

I don't like the taste of fizzy water so don't drink the stuff, but I believe that as well as containing carbon dioxide (obviously) it also contains more sodium than still water. Whether these levels are significant enough to be harmful is debatable.

If you drink tap water and you've got an hour to spare, then watch the following YouTube video about the dangers to health due to fluoride being added to our water supply.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCPeXdkQBy4"

i've heard that the diuretic claim about coffee and tea is a myth as you will still absorb more than you expell but these theories change from week to week

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Could well be, mate... I'm not clever enough to be a doctor

Like you say, these things change from week to week.

Post new Message to Thread