Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Andriod v Iphone

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's your preference?

Obviously mine is Android, the ability to log into the chatroom - View cams, reply and chat!

Why need an " App" ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't know what an "Android" is, other than an R2D2 robot thingy

thick old fooker, me

over a year ago

"Don't know what an "Android" is, other than an R2D2 robot thingy

thick old fooker, me "

Ya mobile still has the curly cord ah Jack?? xx

over a year ago

thick old fooker, me

Ya mobile still has the curly cord ah Jack?? xx "

Got one like Del's

over a year ago

iPhone for me x

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i cant wait for the film.

will arnie be in it.

over a year ago

"i cant wait for the film.

will arnie be in it. "

Can I be in it?

I can say "I'll be back" just like Arnie

over a year ago

will arnie be in it.

Can I be in it?

I can say "I'll be back" just like Arnie "

Judgin by ya phone preferances it would be more like "oh me back" lol xx

over a year ago

will arnie be in it.

Can I be in it?

I can say "I'll be back" just like Arnie

Judgin by ya phone preferances it would be more like "oh me back" lol xx "

You best hope I don't catch you bending over

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i am happy enough with my Iphone 4 if ya don't mind... and when the Iphone 5 comes out i'll be happy with that as well... so naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

over a year ago

Still on the iPhone 3g but get my upgade in may x

over a year ago

Android is by far the better.

And yes iv had the iphone 4..... It was sh1t

over a year ago

Siren's had nothing but problems with her iPhone since she got it - ok, it didn't help that she dropped it in a cup of coffee on Day 1.

I just have a bog standard old nokia that the company provide, without picture messaging and viewing websites on it just returns a screen that says, "Get a new phone ya 90s throwback!"

over a year ago

"Android is by far the better.

And yes iv had the iphone 4..... It was sh1t "

SAme here... I get asked to test phone's and have to say I've developed a dislike for the Iphone..

Android easily for me.

KAtie x

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Still on the iPhone 3g but get my upgade in may x"

if your upgrade is due in may.... hold off getting an iphone 4....

apple always bring out the "updated" iphone out sometime in june... so you may well just end up jumping to iphone5

over a year ago

got the iphone 3gs and the iphone 4 and love themboth for different reasons

also have a work phone thats windows operated and i hate it

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Android are now outselling the I-phone by two to one! When you see the adverts for I-Phone and they say sequences shortened? Android really is that fast!

Internet is fantastic and quick and the whole thing looks so much better (layout, not phone design) I-phone was just "trendy" People bought I-pods because they were expensive and "Celebs" had them. Same with the I-phone!

Actually, you can see one example of this on this thread!

Fabio said:

" and when the Iphone 5 comes out i'll be happy with that as well. "

That is what phone company bosses have dubbed the Apple Mentality. "Don't care if it is unreliable, bad signal, expensive.. I want one"

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i'd ove to test phones!!!

i just got a HTC Desire HD and am having lots of fun trying it (my family are ored of e already lol)

i've had an iphone and i did love it so thoght i would try a different type of phone out

was tempted by the Blackberry Torch but the buttons were too small for my fat fingers lol it still has a touch screen but if i was going to use that all the time why do i need buttons???

i am soooooo happy i dont have to use my Samsung Georgio Armani any more - its so old that the phone company wouldn even give me a trade in price fore it lol

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"i'd ove to test phones!!!

i just got a HTC Desire HD and am having lots of fun trying it (my family are ored of e already lol)

"

That's what I have and I love it! Love the "Market" app store and have tried a few.. I got it cos it was a cross between a phone and a tablet.

By *DD1EMan
over a year ago

sea

"i am happy enough with my Iphone 4 if ya don't mind... and when the Iphone 5 comes out i'll be happy with that as well... so naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! "

Pssssst.....Hey _abio.......psssst....could you send me your old phone when you get your new one....errrr.....I mean upgrade, what do you need 2 for?

Love you forever

Eddie xxx

over a year ago

"i'd ove to test phones!!!

That's what I have and I love it! Love the "Market" app store and have tried a few.. I got it cos it was a cross between a phone and a tablet. "

I was torn between the Desire and the samsung galaxy s, the galaxy won and i love it, the market store and internet are great.

The camera is also good, the only down side to it is it does not have a flash and thats the only negative i can give the phone, everything else is spot on.

over a year ago

well in the words of harry hill

"there's only one way to find out"

FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

over a year ago

I don't like touch screen phones, and shan't be getting one for certain.

My next phone is most likely to be a non-Nokia Android phone.

over a year ago

can't beat my Tesco value phone!

over a year ago

I just have a bog standard old nokia that the company provide, without picture messaging and viewing websites on it just returns a screen that says, "Get a new phone ya 90s throwback!"

hey i seem to have the same phone!!

think i fucked up going for a 3yr contract! android or apple would be great to keep up with fab perving.

Do u reckon buying a new contract would be a little excessive just for fab??

By *ornwall-maleMan
over a year ago

newquay

"I just have a bog standard old nokia that the company provide, without picture messaging and viewing websites on it just returns a screen that says, "Get a new phone ya 90s throwback!"

think i fucked up going for a 3yr contract! android or apple would be great to keep up with fab perving.

Do u reckon buying a new contract would be a little excessive just for fab??"

best reason i can think of lol.

i got a decentish nokia.

cant stand touch screen and hear to many bad things about iphones.

and my bosses has a battery life of a bar of chocolate on a radiator and deletes contacts when it wants lol. x

over a year ago

"I just have a bog standard old nokia that the company provide, without picture messaging and viewing websites on it just returns a screen that says, "Get a new phone ya 90s throwback!"

Do u reckon buying a new contract would be a little excessive just for fab??"

view it as a sound investment

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Fabio said:

and when the Iphone 5 comes out i'll be happy with that as well.

That is what phone company bosses have dubbed the Apple Mentality. "Don't care if it is unreliable, bad signal, expensive.. I want one"

"

actually.... the truth is that I was a nokia kid up until 18 months ago... before i finally got an Iphone and to be honest I have never had an issue with my phone/s at all.......

maybe it cause i waited for it to come out on orange.. rather than shift across to o2... maybe it cause I waited a little while to see if there were any issues... and then before biting the bullet i waited to see what nokia were going to bring out......

actually.. my iphone suits me...

got myself an app so i don't need a sat nav when i am out,

got an app for the trains,

got an app for when i am in london, and new york...

actually they made apps that were suited to what i wanted it for and what i needed it to do, and it hasn't let me down....

plus with the memory i use is like a mp3 player as well.... , and a dock so i use it like an alarm clock...

actually first apple product i ever bought.. so for me it wasn't trendy.. it was getting stuff that was useful...

it is always interesting that android users are so defensive when it comes to iphones... rather than sing the praises of there own phones, they have to bash others.... you never see it happen the other way round....

over a year ago

I have not used anything except Nokias, and am on my 5th phone since I started to have mobile phones in the early 90's!

That included a phone that I lost and a work phone!

Not one that is into gadgets you see.

over a year ago

love our iphones

had an htc desire but just wasnt what we where used too

if youve never had an iphone youd like the new htc's

over a year ago

I've been out and popped into Carphonewarehouse to have a look at the phones, and am drawn towards Blackberry Touch and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro.

By *lack_BoltMan
over a year ago

oxford

I've got a shed full of pigeons, and they've never lt me down.

By *oddessWoman
over a year ago

swansea

I always used to have Nokia, but will definitely be sticking with HTC... Android.....not windows!!!

Just downloaded Androidify app and I'm making individual androids for all my friends!!!!

By *unessexblMan
over a year ago

Colchester

I was torn between Iphone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S. Walked up and down the high strret into 6 phone shops and asked for opinions and got a 50/50 reply so saved some money per month and went Samsung and it is great apart from no Flash..How silly to leave that off.

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

I stupidly went for the HTC HD2 when it came out about a year ago. I say stupidly because it ran on Windows Mobile 6.5 which was utterly shite. Properly properly shite.

Thankfully the lovely peeps over at XDA Developers have hacked Android to run on my phone so it's all gravy. Moving on to Gingerbread sometime in the next week or so when I can be arsed.

As for the iPhone - it's been said before - fashion item. Its a nice looking phone, but so lacking in substance. Plus it's part of this whole i- naming thing. That fucking gets my goat!

So... err, yeah. Android for me please!

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

thick old fooker, me

Ya mobile still has the curly cord ah Jack?? xx "

I`ve got a phoneless cord!

By *oJayMan
over a year ago

h town

Hate to say it...but Blackberry all the way! I have 3 and can't fault any of them...other than the Curve 8520 is pamts - like a fisher price my first phone!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

HTC Desire - has Flashplayer 10.1 really is a mini PC/Lappy in the palm of your hand....

It's in the bag for me.....

over a year ago

well after reading all ur posts, im feeling very proud of myself today!! bugger the expense, got myself another contract and went for HTC desire!!!

so non stop perving on fab for me

hipeeeeee!!!

thank u peeps, i wouldnt have even known about HTC phones if it wasnt for your posts

xxx

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I always used to have Nokia, but will definitely be sticking with HTC... Android.....not windows!!!

Just downloaded Androidify app and I'm making individual androids for all my friends!!!!"

ooooh ho fun i'm gonna go get it

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

"it is always interesting that android users are so defensive when it comes to iphones... rather than sing the praises of there own phones, they have to bash others.... you never see it happen the other way round...."

Good reason for that Fabio... If you own an Android phone, especially an HTC, you don't need to sing it's praises. That gives us time to rag the I-phone users! lol

But I do notice on the other side of the coin, I-phone users are always trying to convince someone that their phone is the best... Probably themselves...

And perhaps they have a certain amount of paranoia setting in because their darling I-phone is not top of the tree any more? I know my daughter who got her I-phone two days before I got my Desire HD is jealous as fuck because mine is so much quicker!

(runs for the shelter and hides!!) lol

over a year ago

I am not keen on touch screen anything, and am disappointed to find not many phones with keyboards nowadays.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Actually Pearl, I was never very good with the touch screens when doing texts. My fingers were always too big for the keys and the spell check used to drive me nuts! (can't say what phone or I'll get accused of knocking it! )

The new HTC Desire has large keys and the spell check is amazing! mash the keys and most of the time it gets it right! Other times it gives you a line-up of words to choose from... Even I can text now!!! lol

over a year ago

There is a HTC phone with a slide out keyboard, may need to check that one out and see.

I believe I have another 3 months before I can upgrade my phone, so plenty of time to look around.

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Had an e71 and while small keys found I could type faster than on the iphone4.

Annoying that not all bits of the phone can rotate their keyboard, and Android has better integration between apps and contacts/social networking.

That said now do most of my mail on the phone as the screen resolution is almost that of a small netbook, and only use full computer when complicated emails need dealing with.

If it was my own money not companies, then probably Android, once my personal o2 contract is up for renewal will see.

By *aughtyHubbyMan
over a year ago

Sunderland

"

Fabio said:

and when the Iphone 5 comes out i'll be happy with that as well.

actually.... the truth is that I was a nokia kid up until 18 months ago... before i finally got an Iphone and to be honest I have never had an issue with my phone/s at all.......

maybe it cause i waited for it to come out on orange.. rather than shift across to o2... maybe it cause I waited a little while to see if there were any issues... and then before biting the bullet i waited to see what nokia were going to bring out......

actually.. my iphone suits me...

got myself an app so i don't need a sat nav when i am out,

got an app for the trains,

got an app for when i am in london, and new york...

actually they made apps that were suited to what i wanted it for and what i needed it to do, and it hasn't let me down....

plus with the memory i use is like a mp3 player as well.... , and a dock so i use it like an alarm clock...

actually first apple product i ever bought.. so for me it wasn't trendy.. it was getting stuff that was useful...

it is always interesting that android users are so defensive when it comes to iphones... rather than sing the praises of there own phones, they have to bash others.... you never see it happen the other way round...."

Pretty much my view also. I do have to say to those that bash Apple....and yes Apple are a little arrogent at times and their products aren't perfect (neither are anyone elses) BUT Apple do seem to lead the way and create markets that others follow. Look at the sheer number of Android tablets on the market since Ipad was released, just as an example. Would the volume of MP3 players out there be the same if the Ipod had not been such a technological success?

Post new Message to Thread