Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Paypal and eBay

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone had any trouble with these. Sold some stuff on eBay buyer left positive feedback then got a refund through paypal(part of eBay) and also kept the item so I'm out of pocket not paypal have limited my account so the money I had in I can't take out. Anyone had any dealings I'd appreciate some help

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

it would probably be easier to pm me about this, however it depends on what sort of claim the buyer put into ebay / paypal.

Was it not as described or non receipt?

over a year ago

Will do and thanks x

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hate Paypal.

Bought something off the internet & it didnt arrive. Paypal didnt want to know, i'd have been as well sending cash in an envelope.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I dont like paypal or ebay.....had nowt but trouble with em

By *exystargirlWoman
over a year ago

Warrington

seems to be a growing trend for people to claim goods haven't arrived so they can claim the money back via paypal and 99% of the time they will get the money, no matter if you have sent it recorded delvery or sent a picture of you posting it through their letter box, they simply don't care.

My advice is not to use ebay for stuff which you wish to buy/sell over £50 as odds are could end taking a hit in your pocket.

Shouldn't be the case but seems to be alot of people taking advantage of buyer has all the rights.

More have moved onto gumtree now, but i have yet to try it.

over a year ago

I used eBay as it seemed the best now I feel cheated

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

"More have moved onto gumtree now, but i have yet to try it."

I wonder if they are aware that Gumtree is now and has been for a while owned by Ebay

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

My website uses Paypal.....sold stacks of stuff and NEVER had a problem with people claiming refunds.

I always use recorded delivery and it's never been an issue.

over a year ago

Then your lucky then £355 trapped in paypal while my account is limited faxed over passport, credit card bill, recepts for items sold, post office recipts for items sent etc

£355 may not seem alot to a big buisness to have trapped but to me it is.

over a year ago

"My website uses Paypal.....sold stacks of stuff and NEVER had a problem with people claiming refunds.

I always use recorded delivery and it's never been an issue."

Oh and yes I've had people return stuff and I've refunded them promptly my point being and what's pissed me off here is this person as been refunded and still as the item. Now that's not fair, I don't mind refunding anyone I'm only selling old stuff but when the person still as the item it's a win win situation for them.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Over Two hundred transactions on my website (And I have a small business) since I had it built last summer, all using Paypal, all using recorded delivery.

Can only speak as I find, and I haven't had any problems with Paypal.

Maybe I have been lucky, or maybe you have been very unlucky....who can say?

over a year ago

"More have moved onto gumtree now, but i have yet to try it.

I wonder if they are aware that Gumtree is now and has been for a while owned by Ebay"

Now google checkout I never had problems with or eBay then eBay took over paypal and stopped all sellers using google or any other way to pay via credit/debit card so everyone would use paypal.

Found a site this morning after looking on the Martin Lewis site. Seems I not the only one to be caught. There's a site Paypal sucks scary Reading

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Mind you my average transaction is around £17 I think (last time I did the math), so that could be why I don't get stung?

over a year ago

Don't get me wrong before all this Jane it worked for me before paypal I used google checkout.

But as soon as I moaned to paypal regarding this transaction they limited me. Now talking to people about this they can limit your account for 6 months during that period if no one makes a claim they will release your money. I've faxed all info and they want more, there's nothing more I can do then send them to small claims but me against paypal ha ha I'd never win.

over a year ago

Pay pal and ebay can be a pain the main thing to remember is proof of delivery is not proof of receipt always send your goods by recorded delivery and then you can prove to pay pal that they have received them and they will not take the money! I always send items recorded and never had any trouble

over a year ago

"Mind you my average transaction is around £17 I think (last time I did the math), so that could be why I don't get stung?"

Mine are small amounts and old jewellery etc not high end stuff but a few weeks back I put about 50 items on and all sold and was sitting in my paypal account. I had not transferred it over to my bank account as I was buying things on eBay so was easier to keep the funds in paypal for that and to pay my eBay seller fees.

over a year ago

"Pay pal and ebay can be a pain the main thing to remember is proof of delivery is not proof of receipt always send your goods by recorded delivery and then you can prove to pay pal that they have received them and they will not take the money! I always send items recorded and never had any trouble "

I send all items recorded and sent paypal proof of this too but still limited.

over a year ago

I've never had a problem with ebay or paypal, but I am aware that the buyer can retract the payment. I'm not sure what the conditions are that govern that though.

When I sell stuff, I always send by recorded delivery. I always advise through ebay message system the day of posting and the tracking number. Recorded delivery does cost more, and I usually under estimate the postage cost, but most of my stuff is secondhand stuff that I no longer need anyway, and is usually low cost.

I've sold a motor bike and a car on ebay but insisted on cash.

I find that if you have good communication with the buyer, you will be ok.

You can't account for thieves though

over a year ago

This is my 1st real problem I'm a decent seller with a good feedback too it's just pissed me off that the buyer as my money and my item

over a year ago

Well you'll have their address

over a year ago

I do and I've emailed the buyer guess what heard nowt suprise suprise. Tempting as it is I'd love to get in a car and go round the 5 hr journey is not tempting though

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i got ripped of by an ex boyfriend when he used my account and paypal which i never knew about, i lost 400quid thro him and i never got that back, i never knew he had used my account on ebay to buy stuff.......... so i will never use paypal ever again

over a year ago

That's bloody awful I've heard some horror stories from people on here

Post new Message to Thread