Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Paid for or made for?

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Let’s be clear from the off, I am excluding Birthdays and Christmas out of this….OK!

Whether a gift or a card, if someone special is giving you something as a token of their feelings of love/affection … do you prefer something bought for you or made for you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

prefer it made...and prefer making it...think it shows that you've made an efort and thought about it. Is all to easy now just to run into shop at last minute and pick something up

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

also prefer to make or be given made cards/pressies.

over a year ago

"prefer it made...and prefer making it...think it shows that you've made an efort and thought about it. Is all to easy now just to run into shop at last minute and pick something up "

Shit Polo .... gimme a break ....

I think Joe Public can manage a homemade card and that is fantastic ....love them personalised but that's about all the average person can manage.

Yeah Yeah when Im dating Gordon Ramsey I don't mind if he makes the meal.

I've always let Christian La Croix make my clothes.

And post fuck there is nothing like watching Jimmy Choo finish a pair of pumps for me.

Think I'll pass on someone knitting me a jumper ta ...

I've had some hit n miss hand made chocs from my daughter ... horrendous labour for her and so little gratitude from me ......straight down the hatch.

I do like personalised well thought out gifts... simple small gifts like stocking , or other lingerie that I already have.

Anyone here thinking of getting me my well deserved low slung grannies past it and needs a young bull red sports car PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE FUCKING THING ...... BUY IT.......

Meccanno only rules as a toy ...

buy me stuff !!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Made. I make mine.

over a year ago

"Made. I make mine. "

Yeah Yeah .... sponge cakes and lemonade....

Make me pair of leather boots ya little elf !

over a year ago

Recieving something with some thought and care, is always the gift I prefer.....even a small thing can feel priceless .....otherwise its just tokenism to me....chucked in a drawer, never used and after a spell completely forgotten ....I`ve a small fossil...scoured, cleaned and given to me by a good friend ...I look at it regulary, and wonder what the fuckers up to ....he`s dead by he way ...its a little treasure in my life ...

I`ve made alot of gifts over the years...sculptures mainly, jewelery boxes etc.....it always brings out the best in me ...and the gifts are there every time I visit the owner ....it brings us together...smiles and memories shared ...like a connection ....

over a year ago

Yeah ... I have a rusty nail in my purse and a fossil in my drawer. No one made them though..... ( arse parts please resist the Gift of God offering ta. )

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Made. I make mine.

Yeah Yeah .... sponge cakes and lemonade....

Make me pair of leather boots ya little elf !"

OMG! I'm a proper square huh?!

I did actually look into a shoe making class at the weekend Granny... if I ever do it, I shall make you a pair!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I love the presents and cards that children make and have some bits that ive kept from mine

Rob (with some help) made a spinning round bed that my friends have in their club which is really cool to play on.....ok its not exclusively mine but I wanted it to spin and he sorted it out so depending on what it is then sometimes homemade pressies are the tops

Except for clothes shoes and handbags

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Ha ha ha... Garage flowers! Been guilty of that once or twice! Cards at the last minute, come on… I am a bloke! Used to think of mates on their birthdays and send a card, thinking all was right with the world…

Not now though. I once sent a card to a dear friend, same as every year on his birthday and at Christmas. But this time it was different, he called me as soon as he received it, early on a Saturday morning. The conversation went along these lines...

"“Hi, Pete Speaking.

Hey Pete, john here, just thought I would thank you for the cards you send every year.

No problem John, never forget a good mate, how you keeping?

Well, Still got the problem, looks like it will be gone soon though. Doctors said if I had caught it sooner, maybe It would have turned out better.

Silence from me…

Yeah, they now given me just three weeks, that’s why I called. Wanted to chat one last time. Anyway, hows you?”"

I had no idea he was even ill, it dawned on me that we hadn’t spoken in three years and we used to be best mates! So now? I may send a card to those I see regularly but to people flung far and wide, I always send that card and also make a phone call and chat for a while.

I made another big mistake that day too! I vowed to go see him the next weekend, it was only 50 miles… He died three days after I spoke to him…

Make sure you make that call, you never know, it may be your last chance!

over a year ago

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"Yeah ... I have a rusty nail in my purse and a fossil in my drawer. No one made them though..... ( arse parts please resist the Gift of God offering ta. ) "

Charming ...

over a year ago

lol ... That wasn't to you .....

over a year ago

"lol ... That wasn't to you ..... "

Oh !!!...jeez!!! ...mea culpa ..have forbearance ...I`m ace on the bewildered front ...Lol

over a year ago

i love making hand made cards - yes im sad.. lol

prefer personalised gifts though, something which shows thought not just a boots voucher

over a year ago

"lol ... That wasn't to you .....

Oh !!!...jeez!!! ...mea culpa ..have forbearance ...I`m ace on the bewildered front ...Lol"

Do you make your own guilt or buy it by the bucket load ?

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Make me a Mix Tape & I'll love you forever...

over a year ago

Oh !!!...jeez!!! ...mea culpa ..have forbearance ...I`m ace on the bewildered front ...Lol

Do you make your own guilt or buy it by the bucket load ?"

hahahahaha...x

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Do you make your own guilt or buy it by the bucket load ?"

I think it's more personal if you make your own rather than buy it.

over a year ago

Do you make your own guilt or buy it by the bucket load ?

I think it's more personal if you make your own rather than buy it."

hahaha leave me alone ....you !!! haha x

over a year ago

I like presents made but not all of them. My sons made me a collage of pics of us which I adore. And Ive kept the xmas tree decs they made in nursery but other than that I like a gift thats well thought out, and I love someone doing something nice for me

over a year ago

My life is too hectic to go out and purchase the items needed to bring it all home and make something. I spend most of the week down south working and the rest of it on the motorway lol

To me it's the thought that counts.

over a year ago

Be a little creative wishy ..... tape some poems as you traverse the motorway.

Save the little bottle of shampoo from hotels and attach a few tea bags to them.

Cut out all the coupons from the newspapers and magazines you buy and to make it truly personal - wrap it up in a pair of warm well worn boxies...... mmmmmmmmm

The smell of home made gifts x

over a year ago

I dont mind either. Because the fact that id be receiving a gift or card. Means that that person has already thought of me.

I know im easily pleased.

over a year ago

made every time for me ...my 35 year old son still makes me a birthday card every year ...in the stylee of a seven year old !|! i just love it ..he puts tinsel on glitter glue and everything and always draws me a picture ... and off course i treasure the cards from my baby girls .....

Post new Message to Thread