Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

profiles

Jump to newest

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

wish guys would be truthful on profile about status, was suppossed to have a meet this morning but last night he text me to say not easy to text as family floating about

profile does not state married and he told me single oh well another one off the friends list as if i did meet him i would not feel comfortable knowing he was cheating on his wife

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"wish guys would be truthful on profile about status, was suppossed to have a meet this morning but last night he text me to say not easy to text as family floating about

profile does not state married and he told me single oh well another one off the friends list as if i did meet him i would not feel comfortable knowing he was cheating on his wife"

It isnt just guys who arent truthful im sure there are just as many women too

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

possible but so far i have come found a few guys who sday single when chatting then you find out married and the wife dont know.............. cheating as far as am concerned

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Maybe by saying " family " about means kids, siblings , parents?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Maybe by saying " family " about means kids, siblings , parents?

"

you beat me to it!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

seems very quick to judge, point well maid Rugby.

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

he told me this morning in a text that his wife and kids where round last night he is happily married but wife has no idea about him being on site

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Oh well, if thats the case and you don't want to meet married men, you can always tell him and block him.

He sounds like he thinks you already knew if he just came out with it....if not, he doesn't seem like he is trying to hide it now.

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

when first started chatting told me single but had kids then day of meet tells me married, just wish a guy would be truthfull from the start

over a year ago

We've all been duped at one time I'm sure. However, they're easy to spot. Don't be dazzled by pretty pictures and pat chat if not meeting married men is important to you.

Don't let this put you off, and better luck next time.

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

am not just would prefer the guy to be truthfull from the start

By *rankOfileMan
over a year ago

France

agree........Think you should be upfront at the start

over a year ago

I have noticed that when you fill you account detail it asks for your marital status, mine is married.

But yet it does not show anywhere on my profile page? You should maybe contact the site owners and ask them if it is possible for this to show up on a persons profile page.

over a year ago

Here here..i'm sure there's sites for affairs,i suppose the can't accomodate is always a clue but with me i rent a few rooms in my house out so would be difficult to host a wee party..this is a great free site...

over a year ago

I think that people dont put it because they think that to many wont meet..

For me I prefer the attached guy, as we have had a few that have tried to suggest I see them behind Masters back.. one even started to actively try and stir between us..

Married/attached guys always seem less into trying stupid games like that..

So I agree that people should be honest but because for me it makes me more likely to meet.

Katie. x

over a year ago

"I think that people dont put it because they think that to many wont meet..

For me I prefer the attached guy, as we have had a few that have tried to suggest I see them behind Masters back.. one even started to actively try and stir between us..

Married/attached guys always seem less into trying stupid games like that..

So I agree that people should be honest but because for me it makes me more likely to meet.

Katie. x"

That's why I don't understand why people lie about being married, bi etc. There will ALWAYS be someone for you...just don't get it!

over a year ago

When you all gonna wake up and smell the coffee? Jeez there are married guys and gals on here and enough straight men that are really gay to know that they all say no i'm single or no I'm

straight utter bollocks. Look for the clues like can't accomidate etc

over a year ago

Married men don't bother me I've played with them what they do is their concern my only concern is the wife finding out and bitch slapping me

over a year ago

"When you all gonna wake up and smell the coffee? Jeez there are married guys and gals on here and enough straight men that are really gay to know that they all say no i'm single or no I'm

straight utter bollocks. Look for the clues like can't accomidate etc "

Can't accomodate is not a clue, some have kids or family living with them and are genuine

over a year ago

"wish guys would be truthful on profile about status, was suppossed to have a meet this morning but last night he text me to say not easy to text as family floating about

profile does not state married and he told me single oh well another one off the friends list as if i did meet him i would not feel comfortable knowing he was cheating on his wife"

How do you get as far as 'about to meet'...without asking the question if that is important to you?

over a year ago

"n my only concern is the wife finding out and bitch slapping me "

Half brick in yer handbag helps.

over a year ago

Ok go back and read a few girls profiles it says if you can't accomidate then forget it. Alot assume because you can't you are married. I get bored so I read profiles and find this out x

over a year ago

With my ask straight away if profile says straight they then say no I am bi then I delete. I do it straightaway not wait until the day before the meet. OP you needed to have asked questions beforehand sweets

over a year ago

"n my only concern is the wife finding out and bitch slapping me

Half brick in yer handbag helps. "

Too heavy what with all the other crap I carry about x

over a year ago

The owners of this website accept anyone over 18 for membership. There are no rules on status whatsoever. There are no rules about how much personal or private information an individual chooses to write on their public profile. All members are allowed to keep their membership if they abide by the rules.

If the site owners are happy with this then we have no alternative but to live alongside our fellow members without constantly pulling them up publicly about their marital status just because we do not agree with them being here. All negotiations should be between those considering meeting up and on what playing field of their choice. If someones status is not to your taste then base your decision on that.

My profile advertisement is aimed at those who live in my locality, but its free to be read nationwide. I do not need some bloke from Penzance for example that I am never going to meet, knowing my private details and personal situation. I hope it attracts those I am attracted to and are attracted to me. If in the course of our PMing undesirable traits come out then that is my feelings for that person. I do not then feel the need to tar every person of the same marital status or whatever, with the same brush.

Perhaps the owners should have a rule for all to read and tick before taking up membership saying "I accept that the site is open to all and I understand if I go on a public forum showing discrimination towards any group of individuals who are not violating their membership, I risk having my membership terminated" instead of everybody having to justify their membership on this site to please everybody's taste. This is how I feel about it. I feel sorry for single men and marrieds getting it in the neck for merely being a member. I don't think they signed up to get judged by their status, colour or creed. I think thats bordering on prejudice.

over a year ago

Very well put, Jecherchedeaux

(lovely new profile pic, by the way!)

over a year ago

"Ok go back and read a few girls profiles it says if you can't accomidate then forget it. Alot assume because you can't you are married. I get bored so I read profiles and find this out x"

I don't assume they're married, I assume they think their home is sacrosanct and not for inviting people off the internet into, but have no problem coming to yours!

I've seen that on profiles and the cheeky fuckers actually say, happy to play at yours! Yeah...right!

over a year ago

"The owners of this website accept anyone over 18 for membership. There are no rules on status whatsoever. There are no rules about how much personal or private information an individual chooses to write on their public profile. All members are allowed to keep their membership if they abide by the rules.

If the site owners are happy with this then we have no alternative but to live alongside our fellow members without constantly pulling them up publicly about their marital status just because we do not agree with them being here. All negotiations should be between those considering meeting up and on what playing field of their choice. If someones status is not to your taste then base your decision on that.

My profile advertisement is aimed at those who live in my locality, but its free to be read nationwide. I do not need some bloke from Penzance for example that I am never going to meet, knowing my private details and personal situation. I hope it attracts those I am attracted to and are attracted to me. If in the course of our PMing undesirable traits come out then that is my feelings for that person. I do not then feel the need to tar every person of the same marital status or whatever, with the same brush.

Perhaps the owners should have a rule for all to read and tick before taking up membership saying "I accept that the site is open to all and I understand if I go on a public forum showing discrimination towards any group of individuals who are not violating their membership, I risk having my membership terminated" instead of everybody having to justify their membership on this site to please everybody's taste. This is how I feel about it. I feel sorry for single men and marrieds getting it in the neck for merely being a member. I don't think they signed up to get judged by their status, colour or creed. I think thats bordering on prejudice. "

That’s all good but there’s an easier method, just show peoples marital status on the profile, its already there and you have to fill it in, so why isn’t it seen?

The site terms already covers the rest:

5.3 You must ensure that your profile and any other Content is and remains complete, accurate and is not misleading in any way and that you will update it so that it remains so.

over a year ago

"Very well put, Jecherchedeaux

(lovely new profile pic, by the way!)"

Thank you and thank you - its a private one Ive always had and its turn to be avatar. Im blonde on it and its made me question my brunette decision a couple of months back, I think Im reverting very soon!!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The owners of this website accept anyone over 18 for membership. There are no rules on status whatsoever. There are no rules about how much personal or private information an individual chooses to write on their public profile. All members are allowed to keep their membership if they abide by the rules.

Perhaps the owners should have a rule for all to read and tick before taking up membership saying "I accept that the site is open to all and I understand if I go on a public forum showing discrimination towards any group of individuals who are not violating their membership, I risk having my membership terminated" instead of everybody having to justify their membership on this site to please everybody's taste. This is how I feel about it. I feel sorry for single men and marrieds getting it in the neck for merely being a member. I don't think they signed up to get judged by their status, colour or creed. I think thats bordering on prejudice. "

i would tend to agree with you... however I can see what the OP is saying

For Example....

if you were to look at 3 "single" profiles....

1) one is a truely single,

2) one is in a relationship and playing with the other partners consent...

3) One is in a relationship and not playing with the other persons consent

unless they say so in the profile... how are you suppose to tell the difference?

and that is why some people get suckered in... and that is why I also laugh when people talk about "honesty" because unless they do say so on the profile or in message no.1 you are not giving people all the information.... and are in a sense stringing people along....

By *ne ShotMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"When you all gonna wake up and smell the coffee? Jeez there are married guys and gals on here and enough straight men that are really gay to know that they all say no i'm single or no I'm

straight utter bollocks. Look for the clues like can't accomidate etc "

I can understand a married man lying about his relationship status but why would a man lie about his sexual orientation ???

over a year ago

"

The site terms already covers the rest:

5.3 You must ensure that your profile and any other Content is and remains complete, accurate and is not misleading in any way and that you will update it so that it remains so.

"

Being married or single or whatever does not break that site rule does it? That rule is open to abuse by any site member, regardless of their status.

Im struggling with how every individuals form filling answers can ever be checked out? The site owners have enough to do without checking the stats members put on the pro forma. As adults we should be prepared to do our own filtering and not take profile info as accurate (as someone else pointed out marital status doesnt even appear on profiles) and if we come across someone who is representing themselves in a manner which is deliberately misleading or harmful to the community as a whole and not to the individual it is piquing then it should be reported and investigated in my eyes. Yes personl info should be up to date and accurate but nowhere does it say how much additional content we should post publicly on our ads.

over a year ago

i think its the same with any other aspect of social life, if you meet someone in a bar you only have what they say about themselves to judge them by. Its your choice as an individual as to what you choose to believe about someone and how much that matters to you.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"Maybe by saying " family " about means kids, siblings , parents?

you beat me to it!"

You beat me beating you to it!

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

Can't accomodate is not a clue, some have kids or family living with them and are genuine "

Apparently some sad b*stards on here have had to move back in with their parents while they save up for a place of their own and so they can't accommodate!!

....still, I, er I mean 'they' get nice home cooking I suppose...

over a year ago

"

and that is why some people get suckered in... and that is why I also laugh when people talk about "honesty" because unless they do say so on the profile or in message no.1 you are not giving people all the information.... and are in a sense stringing people along...."

In the message stage I wholeheartedly agree and hope my gut instinct is working alongside to help me out with their divulged info as to its 'honesty'. But if they turn out to be telling porkies then theres really nothing I can do about it as I have chosen to meet them. If theyre the munter from hell or whatever, I chose to meet so I still have the right to refuse at that point. If I am the munter from hell they can reject me too.

But vast info in a profile? No. I don't personally think you have to give additonal private details for public consumption as a matter of rule. Only as a matter of choice. I choose to give an insight to my weird lateral thinking in my profile lol. Plus a couple of interests to attract like minded animation music freaks. I am probably rejected on my online persona more than by my personal info. in my profile. Site admin can ask for whatever they rule for their files. Nobody else needs it to ensure their meet is successful really do they? Just to protect their principles and principles are wide ranging, as one poster pointed out people can lie face to face in a bar too. Not as if anyone around here is looking for marriage are they? A dating website would be more appropriate. But thats not me telling anyone what to go do to avoid those playing against their principles.

over a year ago

To OP at least he let you know in advance that he had to cancel otherwise there would be a different thread going on about timewasters again. Plus if he had of met you if his family were'nt about you would have been none the wiser that he was married as he could of kept the lie going.

over a year ago

I am loading my shotgun ready for all those married men

over a year ago

"

and that is why some people get suckered in... and that is why I also laugh when people talk about "honesty" because unless they do say so on the profile or in message no.1 you are not giving people all the information.... and are in a sense stringing people along....

In the message stage I wholeheartedly agree and hope my gut instinct is working alongside to help me out with their divulged info as to its 'honesty'. But if they turn out to be telling porkies then theres really nothing I can do about it as I have chosen to meet them. If theyre the munter from hell or whatever, I chose to meet so I still have the right to refuse at that point. If I am the munter from hell they can reject me too.

But vast info in a profile? No. I don't personally think you have to give additonal private details for public consumption as a matter of rule. Only as a matter of choice. I choose to give an insight to my weird lateral thinking in my profile lol. Plus a couple of interests to attract like minded animation music freaks. I am probably rejected on my online persona more than by my personal info. in my profile. Site admin can ask for whatever they rule for their files. Nobody else needs it to ensure their meet is successful really do they? Just to protect their principles and principles are wide ranging, as one poster pointed out people can lie face to face in a bar too. Not as if anyone around here is looking for marriage are they? A dating website would be more appropriate. But thats not me telling anyone what to go do to avoid those playing against their principles. "

They will be banning trannys next for pretending to be women whatever next?

By *usty OP   Woman
over a year ago

inverclyde

i cancelled it not him as my profile does say not meeting married men, but he told me when first chatting he was single

over a year ago

Well you did nothing wrong then sweet it's his loss for being a lying toe rag

By *nkednkinky_bbwWoman
over a year ago

cannock

Can't accomodate is not a clue, some have kids or family living with them and are genuine "

i don't accommodate yet i am 100% single and have been for the last 16 yrs. the reason i dont accommodate is that my house is my childrens home and not my playground. i have heard from others of people turning up at the door 'on the off chance' and as i work until late and my 16 yr old daughter is often home alone that is one thing i definately do not want, so for peace of mind i never let anyone know where i live.

Post new Message to Thread