Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Goodbye to mood lighting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As most will know as from last month, shops were suppose to stop selling the good old fashioned light bulb and only sell the new low energy bulbs but did you know that if you have dimmer switches in your home these bulbs are not compatible with them, now before you panic, they are making low energy dimmable light bulbs, the only problem is the are between £7 and £9 EACH!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i'll be alright - i found the national stock of lightbulbs in the cupboard under my dads stairs when i was looking for the stopcock the other week

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

i am an electrician and quite busy at moment putting downlighters in as theses are dimable. Mail me if you need any work doing

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

Also you can not throw low energy light bulbs in the bin when they blow. You have to take them to council tip as they contain carcinogens

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"Also you can not throw low energy light bulbs in the bin when they blow. You have to take them to council tip as they contain carcinogens"

If only we realised this years ago when we were blissfully breaking up flurescent tubes to go into the dustbin when they`re made in virtually the same way. I believe the carcinogen could be mercury?

over a year ago

"i am an electrician and quite busy at moment putting downlights in as theses are dimable. Mail me if you need any work doing"

Unfortunately I have just moved into a rented flat and am not allowed to change any of the light fittings or switches

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I will never buy those energy saving bulbs. They're shit.

over a year ago

"I will never buy those energy saving bulbs. They're shit. "

You will have no option Hun, ordinary bulbs have now been banned

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

"Also you can not throw low energy light bulbs in the bin when they blow. You have to take them to council tip as they contain carcinogens

If only we realised this years ago when we were blissfully breaking up flurescent tubes to go into the dustbin when they`re made in virtually the same way. I believe the carcinogen could be mercury?"

yes thats right and the tubes are same you have to take to tip

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"As most will know as from last month, shops were suppose to stop selling the good old fashioned light bulb and only sell the new low energy bulbs but did you know that if you have dimmer switches in your home these bulbs are not compatible with them, now before you panic, they are making low energy dimmable light bulbs, the only problem is the are between £7 and £9 EACH!"

Oh bugga .

Got a dimmer in me lounge

And they little candle bulbs in a chandelier ...wot the fook am i gonna do ?

over a year ago

"As most will know as from last month, shops were suppose to stop selling the good old fashioned light bulb and only sell the new low energy bulbs but did you know that if you have dimmer switches in your home these bulbs are not compatible with them, now before you panic, they are making low energy dimmable light bulbs, the only problem is the are between £7 and £9 EACH!

Oh bugga .

And they little candle bulbs in a chandelier ...wot the fook am i gonna do ? "

Poke everyone who walks through your door in the eye...

over a year ago

dunno why they change things all the time. those low energy bulbs are a waste of time and expensive

over a year ago

"As most will know as from last month, shops were suppose to stop selling the good old fashioned light bulb and only sell the new low energy bulbs but did you know that if you have dimmer switches in your home these bulbs are not compatible with them, now before you panic, they are making low energy dimmable light bulbs, the only problem is the are between £7 and £9 EACH!

Oh bugga .

Poke everyone who walks through your door in the eye... "

Ohhhhhhhh

I do that already.

over a year ago

"Oh bugga .

Poke everyone who walks through your door in the eye...

Ohhhhhhhh

I do that already. "

Apparently you will be able to get low enegy candle bulbs but God knows how much they will cost

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I will never buy those energy saving bulbs. They're shit.

You will have no option Hun, ordinary bulbs have now been banned"

You get more light from candles! I use the halogen ones... I'm presuming they won't be banned?!

over a year ago

Kin typical eh

over a year ago

just had a quick google Peaches, between £6 and £10 each depending on where you buy them

By *icksfocusMan
over a year ago

Pontefract

"dunno why they change things all the time. those low energy bulbs are a waste of time and expensive"
Government has banned old style light bulbs as britain has to reduce its carbon footprint and this is one way of doing it. And halagon ones are ok at moment, but watch this space

over a year ago

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

*buys a cupboard full of halogen light bulbs*

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Keep telling my missus they're only energy saving WHEN THEY'RE TURNED OFF!!!

Post new Message to Thread