Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do you love your partner?

Jump to newest

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

Just curious to know what it is that makes you love the person you're with? The non-physical aspects. Out of all the millions of people on the planet, what is it about them that makes them stand out as 'the one'? What do they give you that no-one else does? (Keep it clean!)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

I hope you're providing the sick buckets as the OP when all the lovey stuff starts flowing!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Eh, I could take him or leave him.

-Courtney

over a year ago

The fact that knows what I want to say before I've even said it, he's the only person I can truly be myself around and he just makes happier than ive ever been, every single day

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

She's the one person who tells me to just go be me.

And she's beautiful, sexy, tolerant, amazing &c &c &c

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Treat em mean , keep em keen

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I hope you're providing the sick buckets as the OP when all the lovey stuff starts flowing! "

I was going to add a disclaimer apologising to all fellow singletons...it could get a little sickly. We all like a little love though.

over a year ago

I don't love any of my partners.

I don't do love. I'm aromantic.

over a year ago

Saves me making my own coffee in the morning i suppose. Looks good to have about too

over a year ago

she lets me bang other women

over a year ago

"I don't love any of my partners.

I don't do love. I'm aromantic."

Like a duck?

over a year ago

He is perfect for me

We are perfect for each other

We love each other's imperfections

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I don't do love. I'm aromantic."

Does that basically mean you don't experience romantic affection? Why is that? How's that work? Apologies for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

over a year ago

Like a duck?"

over a year ago

i love my partner because at a time when i was at a very low ebb she was the hand that pulled me back up, as cheesy as this sounds she is my guardian angel, i truly feel that.

and now the life we are making together, including starting a little candle making business (for anyone interested ) is more than i can ever have hoped for.

i dont believe in soul mates because a person really can love more than one person but i do feel a certain amount of destiny brought us together, and a love for a particular welsh band of course.

#staybeautiful

mr

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"i love my partner because at a time when i was at a very low ebb she was the hand that pulled me back up, as cheesy as this sounds she is my guardian angel, i truly feel that.

and now the life we are making together, including starting a little candle making business (for anyone interested ) is more than i can ever have hoped for.

i dont believe in soul mates because a person really can love more than one person but i do feel a certain amount of destiny brought us together, and a love for a particular welsh band of course.

#staybeautiful

mr

"

That's simply beautiful.

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

"I hope you're providing the sick buckets as the OP when all the lovey stuff starts flowing!

I was going to add a disclaimer apologising to all fellow singletons...it could get a little sickly. We all like a little love though."

I'm not single, lovey stuff is just bleugh

over a year ago

He makes me happy, content, we have the same sense of humour, always makes me smile, have the same interests(in and out of swinging) he is just amazing ?

By *rcticFoxxxWoman
over a year ago

Hereabouts

He cooks nice dinner, he's good at cleaning, he makes a good hot water bottle and he likes feet so the foot rubs are nice

over a year ago

She's a good egg all round.

over a year ago

He makes more money than me. That's pretty nice.

-Courtney

over a year ago

She lets her friends blow me.

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"He makes more money than me. That's pretty nice.

-Courtney "

Courtney, you're dying to give us all a serious answer. Go on, get all lovey dovey for us. I promise I won't tell Marc

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

He just gets and understands me and always has. I'm not always the easiest person to put up with but he's managed it for well over 20 years now.

I consider myself very lucky that we found each other so young.

over a year ago

I'm not in love with him, but I love him with all my heart as he's gave me three great kids. We've always known each other as when we were younger (me three and him nine) he used to fix my dolls head (it always used to fall off), then when I was sixteen I met him on Asda bridge and we've been together ever since, but the spark is just no longer there anymore.

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I'm not in love with him, but I love him with all my heart as he's gave me three great kids. We've always known each other as when we were younger (me three and him nine) he used to fix my dolls head (it always used to fall off), then when I was sixteen I met him on Asda bridge and we've been together ever since, but the spark is just no longer there anymore. "

Asda bridge, not exactly the Bridge of Sighs but it just goes to show love can blossom from anywhere. Shame to hear the spark is no longer there for you

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

He totally gets me, knows me better than I know myself sometimes.

We have a similar sense of humour, like a lot of the same stuff and I enjoy being in his company.

He's one of my best friends

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

With a lover, a friend, or even a special animal it is because we have connected in a deep way, and being in a state of connectedness with them delights my soul. I bond very deeply, it's what feels right to me

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"With a lover, a friend, or even a special animal it is because we have connected in a deep way, and being in a state of connectedness with them delights my soul. I bond very deeply, it's what feels right to me "

I'd love to taste a bit of that. Sounds awesome.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Like a duck?"

Ducks are cute ....

over a year ago

Because he is rich

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Im still looking for that special one .....

over a year ago

-Courtney

Courtney, you're dying to give us all a serious answer. Go on, get all lovey dovey for us. I promise I won't tell Marc "

If it weren't for him I'd be living on take aways and ice cream

-Courtney

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

You are all disgusting (and I'm jealous as all hell)

over a year ago

He makes me feel amazing...I've never been treated like such a princess in my entire life. He also loves me when I'm being particularly unlovable and supports me until I come out of it the other side. Oh and the diamonds help of course

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

-Courtney

Courtney, you're dying to give us all a serious answer. Go on, get all lovey dovey for us. I promise I won't tell Marc

-Courtney "

I always thought you were living like that anyway

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"You are all disgusting (and I'm jealous as all hell)"

I'm keeping my jealousy in check for the sake of the thread

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"With a lover, a friend, or even a special animal it is because we have connected in a deep way, and being in a state of connectedness with them delights my soul. I bond very deeply, it's what feels right to me

I'd love to taste a bit of that. Sounds awesome."

I am surprised you haven't Howi, you seem so open and to have such a good heart. There is a downside to that deep bondedness though - it can be emotionally very draining and leave you vulnerable. Even my special horse - I could not 'cut him out', I felt everything he felt acutely, and he was a troubled soul. But the closeness was amazing, he could follow my thoughts.

There's some great awareness/life coaching workshops using horses as facilitators

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"He makes me feel amazing...I've never been treated like such a princess in my entire life. He also loves me when I'm being particularly unlovable and supports me until I come out of it the other side. Oh and the diamonds help of course "

over a year ago

"Just curious to know what it is that makes you love the person you're with? The non-physical aspects. Out of all the millions of people on the planet, what is it about them that makes them stand out as 'the one'? What do they give you that no-one else does? (Keep it clean!)"
attention is the main thing I require from a partner ,sense of humour,loyalty,sexy and drive

By *r H and Good PetCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Loving me despite all my flaws" is the most common reason for loving my partners in the past.

But yeah, that vulnerability you let yourself in for is also pretty brutal.

I basically have a near-phobic fear of being broken up with, and that's why I shut myself off emotionally from pretty much anyone I meet, and why I've been single for about 6 years.

Woo, that got heavy, sorry.

Boobs!

Cock!

Wank!

OK that's better.

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"With a lover, a friend, or even a special animal it is because we have connected in a deep way, and being in a state of connectedness with them delights my soul. I bond very deeply, it's what feels right to me

I am surprised you haven't Howi, you seem so open and to have such a good heart. There is a downside to that deep bondedness though - it can be emotionally very draining and leave you vulnerable. Even my special horse - I could not 'cut him out', I felt everything he felt acutely, and he was a troubled soul. But the closeness was amazing, he could follow my thoughts.

There's some great awareness/life coaching workshops using horses as facilitators "

Just about every woman tells me that I do have a big heart and sooo much love to give. In fact I feel like my heart's going to burst sometimes. I guess the lucky lady's out there somewhere right now as we speak. I firmly believe in fate, so no doubt I'll meet her one day. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I understand what you're saying about your horse. I had a cat. I understand that connection. I had it with him. I don't do these things by half measures. Emotionally I go in deep on everything and I went in deep with him. Great whilst everything's rosey. Very painful when it's not.

By *oward1978 OP   Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

""Loving me despite all my flaws" is the most common reason for loving my partners in the past.

But yeah, that vulnerability you let yourself in for is also pretty brutal.

I basically have a near-phobic fear of being broken up with, and that's why I shut myself off emotionally from pretty much anyone I meet, and why I've been single for about 6 years.

Woo, that got heavy, sorry.

Boobs!

Cock!

Wank!

OK that's better. "

I understand what you're saying. Once you've felt that level of pain you don't want to feel that again, so you back off. Even though things could potentially be great. Real pain outstrips the feeling of real love.

over a year ago

"Just curious to know what it is that makes you love the person you're with? The non-physical aspects. Out of all the millions of people on the planet, what is it about them that makes them stand out as 'the one'? What do they give you that no-one else does? (Keep it clean!)"

Without the physical stuff , I don't have any idea at all . Sorry

over a year ago

I don't currently have one

But my most recent ex... I think he understood me more than most do, and he's so blunt & honest that he tells me when I need help instead of just hinting about it. And even though I can be hard to live with he just goes with it... like I can tell him deep & horrid things and he just accepts it.

Also, if he buys us food or I buy us food to share he just lets me eat most of it.

over a year ago

Mr Mac makes a bloody lovely Parmo. Being a Lancashire lass I'd never heard of this North East delicacy. I can't ever be without him. That's enough right?

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

Quite simply the one thing she does that no one else does is... Let me be me. I never wake up and have to pretend to be something I'm not, and she loves me for it. And vice versa.

D

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

He makes me feel very special and protected, at all times. We both laugh at the same things and enjoy the same things. He is also helping me support my elderly parents. He's just gorgeous and understands my moods!

over a year ago

He keeps me on my toes and is the most interesting person ive ever met. He gives me everything i need even if thats not always everything i want.

He comes through for me and makes the decisions i cant. He tells me to do what makes me happy like be here rather than live as a nun even if thats not what he wants. Because he wants me to be happy and thats all that matters to him xx

over a year ago

We click in every way possible, he makes my heart leap everytime he messages me, phones me and when I first catch sight of him wherever we are meeting.

He knows me inside and out, despite not being together long, he knows in an instant when I'm down and can make me smile with just hello, he makes me laugh like a little girl and makes me feel so safe and loved.

I've never wanted to care and look after someone else as much as I do him, I was married for a very long time but never ever felt like this with him, when he leaves me on a Sunday I sob uncontrollably in his arms because I can't bear to be parted from him, I just love everything about him, his voice, his eyes are probably the best thing about him, he draws me in with just a glance, plus I think he is bloody good looking!!!

G x

over a year ago

-Courtney

-Courtney

I always thought you were living like that anyway "

When we play drinking games he drinks most of my alcohol so I don't have to

-Courtney

By *adyboy-DaddyCouple
over a year ago

Andover

Her cock.

over a year ago

Ok, you're all making me jealous now. I was with my ex hubby for nearly 20 years, married for nearly 12! In all that time I don't think we had half of what you guys have all got. I tried my hardest. Unfortunately his work always came first,even when our son came along. All I can say us keep cherishing each other. You really don't know how lucky you are!!! Xx

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"We click in every way possible, he makes my heart leap everytime he messages me, phones me and when I first catch sight of him wherever we are meeting.

He knows me inside and out, despite not being together long, he knows in an instant when I'm down and can make me smile with just hello, he makes me laugh like a little girl and makes me feel so safe and loved.

I've never wanted to care and look after someone else as much as I do him, I was married for a very long time but never ever felt like this with him, when he leaves me on a Sunday I sob uncontrollably in his arms because I can't bear to be parted from him, I just love everything about him, his voice, his eyes are probably the best thing about him, he draws me in with just a glance, plus I think he is bloody good looking!!!

G x"

Aw, I'm getting a hat!!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

There's some great awareness/life coaching workshops using horses as facilitators

Just about every woman tells me that I do have a big heart and sooo much love to give. In fact I feel like my heart's going to burst sometimes. I guess the lucky lady's out there somewhere right now as we speak. I firmly believe in fate, so no doubt I'll meet her one day. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I understand what you're saying about your horse. I had a cat. I understand that connection. I had it with him. I don't do these things by half measures. Emotionally I go in deep on everything and I went in deep with him. Great whilst everything's rosey. Very painful when it's not."

Excellent!! Saw this recently on fb - this is for you xx

"Fall in love with someone who will take care of your heart and keep it safe from harm. Someone who opens up their soul and doesn’t keep any secrets from you. Someone who brings you happiness and makes you laugh.

Fall in love with someone who enjoys spending time with you, even if it’s just doing chores. Someone who loves you for who you are and not for what you could be. Someone who treats you like the most important person in the world.

Fall in love with someone who only has eyes for you, who chooses not to be distracted by anyone else. Someone who is emotionally whole. Someone who has learned that the way of love is to give unconditionally without holding anything back."

over a year ago

I understand what you're saying about your horse. I had a cat. I understand that connection. I had it with him. I don't do these things by half measures. Emotionally I go in deep on everything and I went in deep with him. Great whilst everything's rosey. Very painful when it's not.

Excellent!! Saw this recently on fb - this is for you xx

"Fall in love with someone who will take care of your heart and keep it safe from harm. Someone who opens up their soul and doesn’t keep any secrets from you. Someone who brings you happiness and makes you laugh.

Fall in love with someone who enjoys spending time with you, even if it’s just doing chores. Someone who loves you for who you are and not for what you could be. Someone who treats you like the most important person in the world.

Fall in love with someone who only has eyes for you, who chooses not to be distracted by anyone else. Someone who is emotionally whole. Someone who has learned that the way of love is to give unconditionally without holding anything back.""

I love this quote. It's so true!! Now ive just got to find someone.

over a year ago

Me and Mark are just so on each other's level,

Post new Message to Thread