Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Paranoia?

Jump to newest

By *amba469 OP   Man
over a year ago

Blackpool

Hi

I have just noticed something on Fabswingers. I dont use either Google or Chrome browser but when I push the F5 button update my screen one of the pages that gets up dated is googleanalytics. What I want to know is what has Google got to do with what I do on Fabswingers and is data on me , you and everyone else been sold by the site?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Analytics just records the number of hits a page has had and the very rough area of where its come from thats all xx

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

" Hi

I have just noticed something on Fabswingers. I dont use either Google or Chrome browser but when I push the F5 button update my screen one of the pages that gets up dated is googleanalytics. What I want to know is what has Google got to do with what I do on Fabswingers and is data on me , you and everyone else been sold by the site?"

Everything you do on the net is tracked/analysed/reported on Don't want that? Don't use the net.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

" Hi

I have just noticed something on Fabswingers. I dont use either Google or Chrome browser but when I push the F5 button update my screen one of the pages that gets up dated is googleanalytics. What I want to know is what has Google got to do with what I do on Fabswingers and is data on me , you and everyone else been sold by the site?

Everything you do on the net is tracked/analysed/reported on Don't want that? Don't use the net."

You can disable most tracking, where they use cookies. Facebook, if you use it, also tracks which websites you visit, even when you're not logged in to facebook.

I clear cookies out, apart from sites and services I'm comfortable with.

over a year ago

Also its the code placed into the page your viewing nothing to do with the browser or device ypur viewing it on. Its not the same as cookies as it only records the hits doesnt track you xx

over a year ago

"Also its the code placed into the page your viewing nothing to do with the browser or device ypur viewing it on. Its not the same as cookies as it only records the hits doesnt track you xx"
(unless the query string has a unique identifier which can be linked back to another data set making the pseudonymised analytics data just an extension of the other personal profile data)

Post new Message to Thread