Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

invisibility

Jump to newest

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've heard a fair bit about how some people become seemingly invisible to others, perhaps due to having the wrong age, gender, perceived social class etc.

What's your experience?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Invisible is the person if you have a personality and get on with people you should never be in the shadows

over a year ago

I am generally ignored by most people because I'm a bit plain and fat and given my job I don't wear make up and nice clothes etc but I go along with the thinking its the people that DO notice you that you should be concentrating on

By *ordonBennettMan
over a year ago

dover

Invisibility has its uses

over a year ago

Yes. I frequently get his.

over a year ago

hmmm. thought this was a thread about happy potter

over a year ago

"hmmm. thought this was a thread about happy potter"

Is that a happy Gilmore spin off?

over a year ago

Yep both on and off Fab. I do better off but still not that great, especially lately.

over a year ago

Yep both on and off Fab. I do better off but still not that great, especially lately.

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I tend to be fairly quiet and not particularly outgoing, especially around people I don't know too well. However, I've never really been able to put my finger on what it is about me that's so different, but whatever it is it all adds up to me being very invisible to others. It's been a lifelong problem for me.

over a year ago

"I tend to be fairly quiet and not particularly outgoing, especially around people I don't know too well. However, I've never really been able to put my finger on what it is about me that's so different, but whatever it is it all adds up to me being very invisible to others. It's been a lifelong problem for me."

My impression of you isn't invisibility, lots of people know exactly who you are.

over a year ago

So what if people don't see you because you don't fit into their clique, be your own clique!! Your only as invisible as you allow yourself to be...fuck the haters and rejoice in your own individuality....

over a year ago

I'm sure everyone feels invisible on here at times but nobody should take that personally.

over a year ago

"I'm sure everyone feels invisible on here at times but nobody should take that personally.

"

I'm overlooked all the time but it's just the nature of the site. Just live with it and don't let it worry you

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"I tend to be fairly quiet and not particularly outgoing, especially around people I don't know too well. However, I've never really been able to put my finger on what it is about me that's so different, but whatever it is it all adds up to me being very invisible to others. It's been a lifelong problem for me.

My impression of you isn't invisibility, lots of people know exactly who you are. "

In real life I'm invisible. Fab's another story. Quite funny when you think about it.

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I don't have this problem. I guess because i'm quite outgoing maybe. I'm also quite tall for a girl, large and bold as brass.

over a year ago

I adore my ability to blend into the background and not get noticed. It's something I've been perfecting all my life. It makes for a more peaceful life and that's all good in my book.

over a year ago

I never feel invisible maybe I should start classes

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/02/16 07:27:16]

over a year ago

Who said that ??

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I noticed

over a year ago

Wouldn't say I was invisible on here, but I'm forever meeting people for the second or third time in real life who don't remember meeting me at all. I must be somewhat forgettable.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

"I've heard a fair bit about how some people become seemingly invisible to others, perhaps due to having the wrong age, gender, perceived social class etc.

What's your experience?"

it's really not worth me commenting on this. .

over a year ago

I'm very quiet and shy with people I don't know very well, especially in groups, so I fly under the radar a lot of the time. Without makeup and wearing my chunky black glasses I'm very much invisible. With a face on and my lenses in I get a lot more attention from people and its not necessarily sexual interest. Even little old ladies and children are more likely to notice and talk to me.

It can be nice to have the option of being invisible, but I also feel that it's a shame that I'm not deemed worthy of notice unless I look a certain way.

over a year ago

My pussy is invisable

over a year ago

"I've heard a fair bit about how some people become seemingly invisible to others, perhaps due to having the wrong age, gender, perceived social class etc.

What's your experience?"

I'm invisible at work a lot, a lot of the nurses/matrons look right through me.

over a year ago

"So what if people don't see you because you don't fit into their clique, be your own clique!! Your only as invisible as you allow yourself to be...fuck the haters and rejoice in your own individuality...."

Yep! Remember you're an individual... Just like everyone else!

By *cd and scruffCouple
over a year ago

Rochester

I used to think i was invisible, but now i realise that i don't actually excist.

over a year ago

wouldn't say I feel invisible in real life, work & socially I'm well known.

on here I blend nicely in with the wallpaper.

over a year ago

"I am generally ignored by most people because I'm a bit plain and fat and given my job I don't wear make up and nice clothes etc but I go along with the thinking its the people that DO notice you that you should be concentrating on "

I'm the same and throw in shyness and a lack of trust till i know people .debs

over a year ago

"Yes. I frequently get his."

I'm sure most are intrigued by you yet intimidated by your intellect x

over a year ago

I think I'm invisible in real life.... I've never been chatted up when out, where a friend of mine just seems to have that magnetism when she's out and about.

My car is invisible too as people are always pulling out in front of me lol.

On here I think maybe my photos get seen but my profile wording must be invisible as no one seems to read it.

I have occasionally set my account as private/invisible but then I get bored

Xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

What's your experience?

it's really not worth me commenting on this. ."

I wish you would

over a year ago

Invariably it's people's perception that makes them feel invisible. You have to make the effort to feel involved.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm less visible on fab than in real life.

On fab our age puts us in the transparent to almost invisible bracket in real life people remember us and we often remark that we're stared at...I think we might be a bit odd

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I tend to stand out

By *c-ukMan
over a year ago

Sevenoaks

Been invisible all my life.. Learn to deal with it and I have my own personal little force field..

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I tend to stand out "

Do you Tina? There are probably a couple of reasons for that

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"I tend to be fairly quiet and not particularly outgoing, especially around people I don't know too well. However, I've never really been able to put my finger on what it is about me that's so different, but whatever it is it all adds up to me being very invisible to others. It's been a lifelong problem for me.

My impression of you isn't invisibility, lots of people know exactly who you are. "

I'd agree Howard too - at least here, the trend's reversed

By *anda and CatCouple
over a year ago

We find we have much more success in clubs rather than on here, we know the reasons we're filtered to many members (not all), age, me being short arse, our strict bi policy. But in clubs that doesn't seem to be relevant as people chat and don't just go off stats that are basically just a guideline. Actually had a play with a great young couple at our last club visit who said they always overlooked us on fab because of our age, they have since increased their age preference.

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Outside fab I'm visible, outside the forums on fab I'm visible, inside the forums I'm invisible...

By *anda and CatCouple
over a year ago

"Outside fab I'm visible, outside the forums on fab I'm visible, inside the forums I'm invisible... "

Who said that lol x

I get that, my posts tend to disappear into oblivion! x

over a year ago

"I tend to stand out "

It's the tits,mine are stared at by men and women in the street. I dress to not draw attention to myself too

over a year ago

"Outside fab I'm visible, outside the forums on fab I'm visible, inside the forums I'm invisible... "

I don't think people are as invisible as they think they are.

You ARE noticed (all of you), you just might not realise it.

By *ittle Pocket PerveWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Outside fab I'm visible, outside the forums on fab I'm visible, inside the forums I'm invisible...

I don't think people are as invisible as they think they are.

You ARE noticed (all of you), you just might not realise it. "

I like that

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I watch you all!

Mwhahahahaha

over a year ago

I don't feel that way at all - not to say I feel visible, I think I just appreciate the virtues of relative anonymity.

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Real life versus online visibility is so different.

I see guys pics and sometimes wonder how they'd be if alive in person, when 2d they hold limited appeal. I chat with anyone in clubs, and there are probably surprises all around. But I tend not to chat much online if the initial spark doesn't get fired - and don't want to be a prick teaser. At least out live there are no outlined expectations, in the same way.

But in life I tend to be mindful of the overlooked amongst us. It's always great to spend some love and hugs.

over a year ago

In life I am outgoing, kind of loud, opinionated...so I don't really let myself be invisible. That isn't necessarily a good thing - in the UK I think a lot of people find me brash.

But on the forums I think a lot of people say they are invisible when it simply isn't true. In fact, some of the people who say it the most are some of the most visible (to me at least). Just because people aren't replying to you on threads doesn't mean you are invisible or that you don't have an impact/presence.

I do tend to notice that Marc and I are somewhat invisible in clubs, though. People don't seem to come up and talk to us

-Courtney

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

What's your experience?"

I've perfected the art of blending in over the years. I like being in the background far more than in the limelight, so to speak.

On here, when we were actively looking, we did ok. Had far better results approaching others rather than sitting back and waiting to see who contacted us.

over a year ago

I'm quiet in group situations, I can talk for England when I get going but I put that down to living alone, On fab it's a bit hit and miss, I'm not the 1st or even 10th persons name who comes up in various appreciation type threads, People talk about my arse more then they talk to me

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

"In life I am outgoing, kind of loud, opinionated...so I don't really let myself be invisible. That isn't necessarily a good thing - in the UK I think a lot of people find me brash.

But on the forums I think a lot of people say they are invisible when it simply isn't true. In fact, some of the people who say it the most are some of the most visible (to me at least). Just because people aren't replying to you on threads doesn't mean you are invisible or that you don't have an impact/presence.

I do tend to notice that Marc and I are somewhat invisible in clubs, though. People don't seem to come up and talk to us

-Courtney"

Marc seems to be the master at being invisible. Is he an actual ninja?

over a year ago

"In life I am outgoing, kind of loud, opinionated...so I don't really let myself be invisible. That isn't necessarily a good thing - in the UK I think a lot of people find me brash.

-Courtney

Marc seems to be the master at being invisible. Is he an actual ninja? "

over a year ago

In real life..I can be noticed if I want to be noticed or I can pass quietly by and stay in the background should I choose to easily enough..it very much depends on what mood I'm in as to how visible I let myself be.

On fab...I dunno...I've plenty friends here and get enough messages and stuff so I think I'm somewhere middle of the road..neither invisible or unmissable. Works fine for me

over a year ago

Can I disagree??

over a year ago

In the Valley of the Blind, the One-Eyed man is King.

Post new Message to Thread