Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Last day at work

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I start a new job on Tuesday. My last working day is the Monday. Should I just say bollocks to going in and have a long weekend? Will of been paid

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would say you should go in. Be a good and reliable worker til the end

And Congrats!

-Courtney

over a year ago

"I would say you should go in. Be a good and reliable worker til the end

And Congrats!

-Courtney "

First off thank you, I should but since handing my notice in I've been completely blanked by the higher arc.

over a year ago

Must admit I would go in.

I've never left anyway on bad terms or whatever and it seems a little bit petty which I like to think I'm above..not by much but above none the less

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's only one day. Don't burn your bridges. You never know when you might need a reference.

over a year ago

"Must admit I would go in.

I've never left anyway on bad terms or whatever and it seems a little bit petty which I like to think I'm above..not by much but above none the less "

I know I will go in, like yourselves you feel a sense of duty. Plus that test of a customer might just come in and the fun I'll have

over a year ago

"It's only one day. Don't burn your bridges. You never know when you might need a reference. "

So very true, though the way it is at the moment that might be a tall ask getting !

over a year ago

"It's only one day. Don't burn your bridges. You never know when you might need a reference. "

Exactly my thoughts..I think the difference the reference might make especially if you were there a long time is worth just seeing a days work out.

Everywhere I've worked I've always been really close to some of my colleagues..more close friends really.. and I wouldn't duck out on them on my last day either.

I still go out on the last Thursday of the month with the guys from the company I left in 2001.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Go to work, there might be cake

over a year ago

I'd go in - you can leave early. Never know who you might come across again in the future.

Sarah

over a year ago

Go in.

You never know what could happen in the future and if the worst happens and you need to go back... you havent burned bridges.

over a year ago

Good to see that the world of fab is of sensible people, plus seeing the word cake!

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

"I start a new job on Tuesday. My last working day is the Monday. Should I just say bollocks to going in and have a long weekend? Will of been paid"

Go in you won't have to do too much ,leave on good terms ,good luck with new job x

over a year ago

I had my last day on Friday. I was in the same boat from senior management being off with me since I handed my notice, but I just had to break down why that could be, and the assumption I came to was that they like being in charge, when you're leaving they can't really tell you what to do, so they feel uncomfortable and out of place... Don't let that be you... I went in for my last day (not til 10 am mind) didn't do a thing all day and I had the most wonderful send off from the people I work with (because it's them that matter really).. Feeling quite humbled since.... Go out on your own terms... Not theirs... Enjoy and be happy

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Don't forget there may be cake

over a year ago

Oh yeh there was cake.. And a giant Easter egg oddly enough... But lots and lots of beer and vodka that resulted in me being in such a bad way Sunday night I actually enjoyed watching dirty dancing... Ha

over a year ago

"I had my last day on Friday. I was in the same boat from senior management being off with me since I handed my notice, but I just had to break down why that could be, and the assumption I came to was that they like being in charge, when you're leaving they can't really tell you what to do, so they feel uncomfortable and out of place... Don't let that be you... I went in for my last day (not til 10 am mind) didn't do a thing all day and I had the most wonderful send off from the people I work with (because it's them that matter really).. Feeling quite humbled since.... Go out on your own terms... Not theirs... Enjoy and be happy"

That is exactly how I think it will go

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

One chap I used to work with just vanished without a trace after putting his notice in. He put everyone's backs up as the staff wanted to give him a nice send off

Post new Message to Thread