FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum thread etiquette, do you fire and forget.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When starting a thread, especially one asking a question or for opinion, should the OP or indeed posters, follow up.and respond, or is it fine to light the blue touch paper and stand well back?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes!

over a year ago

I think it depends on the type of thread!

Some - particularly the kiss pass fuck or best/worst photo or pic fabbing variety are self perpetuating/governing.

Those which ask for opinions in particular can get quite fraught so I feel that to some extent it's the responsibility of the op to try to make sure it doesn't get nasty! I know when I start an 'opinion' thread I try to watch it pretty closely! Xx

over a year ago

"When starting a thread, especially one asking a question or for opinion, should the OP or indeed posters, follow up.and respond, or is it fine to light the blue touch paper and stand well back?"

Absolutely respond its only manners if you post a thread you have to expect to get flack as well as praise or comment.

over a year ago

Whichever. Different posters have different styles.

-Courtney

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I suppose I should thank posters for their contributions.

Thank you for your contributions.

over a year ago

Sometimes it's best to just walk away whistling with your head down...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I very, very rarely start threads but I think it appropriate to acknowledge advice given if you open a thread asking for it.

As for silly rants, they are better left as they are more than likely going to make themselves look an even bigger tit for their silly self pitying rant.

over a year ago

Whenever I start a thread I do try to respond as much as I can and will also keep a close eye to make sure there's no batching or back biting.

Not everyone does and that's up to them we all do it in different ways I guess

over a year ago

I start threads either to give information ie alerting fab members to the black seedless sable grapes in asda that were lovely. Orrr I'll have a genuine situation I want advice on or I'll ask for something like for all the large penis men to show themselves.

I'll read all responses to my threads, I appreciate all input, affectionate bitch gives a lot of advice on my threads I do notice them, I tend to just answer the people having a pop at me though, I like arguing and there's a limit to the responses so although I acknowledge all posts I don't quote the ones in agreement or giving the good advice, I just nod in agreement.

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

I never start threads

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"I never start threads "

Likewise; I just heap sarcasm and bad jokes and fucking arrogant opinion on other peoples' threads.

Perhaps it could be amusing to start a " rolling a handgrenade" thread, and just stand back and watch .......

over a year ago

Depends on my mood. Sometimes having a 'drop the mic' moment can be very liberating.

over a year ago

I rarely start threads but when I respond, I give my opinion and that's it. I sometimes go back to it, but if I've got nothing more to say I don't bother. If I'm really interested in the subject I will go back to it but a lot of the time I post and forget

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm a gobshite.

over a year ago

"I'm a gobshite. "

I was going to say you need a bigger lollipop

over a year ago

"When starting a thread, especially one asking a question or for opinion, should the OP or indeed posters, follow up.and respond, or is it fine to light the blue touch paper and stand well back?"
depends the thread content some start threads knowing they will escalate to personal abuse which only women appear to get away with !!!!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm a gobshite.

I was going to say you need a bigger lollipop "

Is that an offer?

over a year ago

I don't start threads so can't answer that... But when I post in a thread I more often than not forget I've posted so may never go back to it.. Or when I do it's escalated into an off tangent heated debate.. So rarely bother adding any more

over a year ago

"I'm a gobshite.

Is that an offer? "

I'll post a strawberry mivi to you...if you drink it then stick your head in the freezer it should turn back into ice...enjoy.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I'm a gobshite.

Is that an offer?

I'll post a strawberry mivi to you...if you drink it then stick your head in the freezer it should turn back into ice...enjoy. "

Thanks, that sounds soggy.

Post new Message to Thread